• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
If they are shadow dropping anything tomorrow. What time should we expect it to be?
7 am PT. They´re usual crack of dawn posts. I´m a late sleeper so I hate it when they do this. If there´s a direct, it would probably give people some time to react. Don´t know how the NYC store would act in case of it.
Don´t want no infected people coming into your store. Or outside of it. Or getting infected in your store for some stupid YT videos.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
given how the geno thread contains most of the smash discussion do you think people will move to other boards, or just leave the site when geno gets in?
I'm staying until the end of Ultimate. Cashing in all my likes, Nintendo Fandom Brand Clout® and Reditt Gold for a yacht and private island will have to wait.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Given that this is the ideal thread for both SMRPG discussion and Mario role playing games in general, I'll be sticking around regardless if he gets in or not.

D

Deleted member

Geno is my biggest concern. I would be completely satisfied with Smash if Geno is in. Crash and MC would be icing. I’m completely confident that these 2 will be in Smash eventually certainly Crash. I may stick around after Geno’s reveal and planning to retire from speculation. The speculation community has a lot of childish and obnoxious bad apples that ruined my taste.

Last edited by a moderator:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
given how the geno thread contains most of the smash discussion do you think people will move to other boards, or just leave the site when geno gets in?
Personally won’t be as active as much once Geno reveals and releases. I will stick around to see the remaining DLC characters and speculate here and there, just not to the extent I have with Geno. I imagine though the thread and Discord will be decently active post Geno even it’s not as huge as it is now

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
so what genres of music do you want to hear for remixed tracks? I'd like a ska take on Versus: Monster Battle.
Same song but on trap beat.
Seriously, I just want the old orchestral or rock mix. And the original songs. Some of the post melee mixes of the original songs have been....dissapointing to say the least, imo.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Wait, So I know Ryce is very credible. I'm familiar with him

So is it likely he was posting that because Geno happening might be a thing Tomorrow? was it just speculation. I just saw the post, so i missed the discussion...

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Opening up a tab on the Smash Bros. Ultimate website and I gotta say, every time I see that artwork mural scrolling with the entire roster I stop to appreciate it. This game exists. This is a REAL game. Just seeing Banjo & Kazooie, Sonic, Snake, Mario, Link, Mega Man, Cloud, Donkey Kong, Simon Belmont, Bayonetta, Ryu, and the rest of the cast; it's INSANE! Imo, the artwork mural would become insurmountable if it included the following characters:
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Rayman
  • Dante
  • Bomberman
  • Goemon
  • Adol Christin
  • Geno
The news for CP 7 can't come sooner.

Reactions: QQS

Noipoi

Howdy!
Speculations, hints, jebaiting, frankly from Min Min's release to the end of this year, my attitude towards any kind of Nintendo, Smash, and Geno info is basically this.

“Uh oh”

“Don’t tell me, insiders and Nintendo’s strange actions point towards big news soon?”

“Yep”

“We’re probably gonna be disappointed again?”

“Most likely”

“...Bring it on.”

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I'm currently keeping my expectations low for tomorrow because of all the Charlie Brown football **** this whole summer. Personally not expecting the big stuff until at least next Wednesday but I wouldn't mind if stuff came sooner, obviously.

Leakers: Come On guys, this is for Real
People: Ok, This time will actually bring us news
People Falls
Leakers: I always knew that was just a dissapointing Partner's Showcase
PD: Charlie died in a Really bad way

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Aaand once again, the newcomer thread has spun into another "Geno is a terrible choice for Smash" discussion.
The Newcomer Speculation thread is a terrible choice for a discussion thread :4pacman:

edit: tbh though most people in there are cool but a few people/the obnoxious level of negativity and hatefulness in general got to be too much to be around over time...really soured the thread’s mood for me and probably started affecting me online as well, and my mood has been better since avoiding the thread...

edit: did go in there and post though a bit before this edit. Have now left it out of my watched threads again.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Aaand once again, the newcomer thread has spun into another "Geno is a terrible choice for Smash" discussion.
I mean... they're outnumbered by most of the thread...

Most of its just "not for me, but cool."

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
So I guess I missed some potential spice. Ok I guess we'll see what tomorrow or Friday will bring...
if anything at all.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I mean... they're outnumbered by most of the thread...

Most of its just "not for me, but cool."
Nah man, don't get me wrong you're cool. Posts like "Geno isn't for me" and "Geno is unlikely" are completely fair and valid. But I feel like there's a double standard in that thread. You can criticize any character and everyone will be up in arms trying to debate you on why you're wrong. But once one person says "Geno would be a stupid choice and blah blah blah" it becomes a classic dog-piling situation.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I'm currently keeping my expectations low for tomorrow because of all the Charlie Brown football **** this whole summer. Personally not expecting the big stuff until at least next Wednesday but I wouldn't mind if stuff came sooner, obviously.

Mmmm honey, that[s not you only, that[s most of us who are waiting with bated breath for a direct and we´re still screaming.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Nah man, don't get me wrong you're cool. Posts like "Geno isn't for me" and "Geno is unlikely" are completely fair and valid. But I feel like there's a double standard in that thread. You can criticize any character and everyone will be up in arms trying to debate you on why you're wrong. But once one person says "Geno would be a stupid choice and blah blah blah" it becomes a classic dog-piling situation.
Don't worry, they will all eat Geno Whirls soon enough.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But I feel like there's a double standard in that thread. You can criticize any character and everyone will be up in arms trying to debate you on why you're wrong. But once one person says "Geno would be a stupid choice and blah blah blah" it becomes a classic dog-piling situation.
I mean, they kinda are being debated though.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Found this in the Newcomer thread. Another person teasing/****posting, etc. Could be something, could be nothing. Please let it be something.

EDIT: I forget what she claimed before, but yet another person 'teehee' ing around twitter. (Banjo stuff? I think she was mentioning Banjo stuff before Banjos reveal.)

Last edited:

TTF

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Found this in the Newcomer thread. Another person teasing/****posting, etc. Could be something, could be nothing. Please let it be something.

EDIT: I forget what she claimed before, but yet another person 'teehee' ing around twitter. (Banjo stuff? I think she was mentioning Banjo stuff before Banjos reveal.)
Probably more or less ____posting, but I'm gonna give it a retweet just for a good chuckle.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
If Geno's spirit board includes Exor then his puppet fighter could be giant Marth (because Falchion is the closest to what Exor looks like) and the stage could be Castle Seige also a Mii Gunner dressed as Proto Man carrying a Killing Edge could be a minion that represents Boomer. Defeat him and the giant Marth will appear.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't care. I don't have any sympathy for anyone who puts others down.
Isn't this putting others down?

Look, I'm not trying to be pedantic here, but this kind of attitude really doesn't help mend the divide.

Anywho, Geno.

I infinitely prefer a Bowser's Keep stage to Forest Maze. Much more visually interesting.

If Geno's spirit board includes Exor then his puppet fighter could be giant Marth (because Falchion is the closest to what Exor looks like) and the stage could be Castle Seige also a Mii Gunner dressed as Proto Man carrying a Killing Edge could be a minion that represents Boomer. Defeat him and the giant Marth will appear.
Wouldn't Cloud or Ike be a better fit?

I mean, Exor's a big sword. Cloud has a big sword. It fits. Kinda.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom