• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I was exploring my YouTube favorites out of boredom, and then I came across this video again. I figured I'd share it again for those who haven't seen it before. It's pretty cool that it has some arranged versions of the Mario RPG soundtrack.

It appears to be the soundtrack before it underwent the limitations of the SNES. Some of them sound amazing. Beware of the Forest Mushroom and Moleville Town sound soooo good in that style. Also Geno’s beta sprite looks legimately cooler than his final design

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
It appears to be the soundtrack before it underwent the limitations of the SNES. Some of them sound amazing. Beware of the Forest Mushroom and Moleville Town sound soooo good in that style. Also Geno’s beta sprite looks legimately cooler than his final design
can´t see much of a difference with that 240p resolution on the geno sprite. I am amazed at how the snes did the tracks justice. Hell,some even sound even better in the snes. Limitation breeds creativity.
So, there´s probably gonna be some random announcement tomorrow. I don´t think it´s gonna be a random direct.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Good lord! nothing today either!!
Well something could drop later in the day. We still don't know. It's only 7:00 a.m. on the East coast, and even if something drops say 10:00 a.m. it would only be 11:00 pm in Japan and they are no strangers to having their directs happen at really weird late times when ours happen in the morning. And if an announcement is made tonight, it would technically be morning over there. Don't count today out yet, not that I actually expect anything either

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
just because something isn't announced immediately in the morning does not mean they might not say anything later.

The cutoff time for any sort of twitter post by nintendo has always been 11am central time. If we don't get a direct announcement of any kind by then, Then and ONLY then, can we say we won't see any news until tomorrow.

Hell even then you can't be 100% sure, this is nintendo remeber?

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
As I expected, an indie is coming - direct will likely be next tuesday. The wait might finally be over

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Considering King Zell's first hint was the announcement date, I guess it's not impossible that it's the announcement of the Direct to be on Friday, which would make more sense. Then the Direct would be on the 31st as I think Fatman predicted almost a month ago.
Or not, we'll see.

HanSoloIndie

Smash Cadet
I really hope there is something on the 17th...if so, it will fall on my Happy Adoption Day. For those wondering, "what the heck is that type of holiday?", every year my family and I celebrate the days we were picked up to be adopted. I am an older Millennial who was born in China and adopted to the US.
Having some news, whether it being Geno/FP7 or not, would really make my day, and even my week (especially if "lightning strikes twice")!

Observing that the Geno Thread users come from a variety of places, passions, and professions, is there anyone in this thread who is good at college level Calc III/Multivariable Calc? I know this might sound kinda weird from someone who also an artist/loves to draw, but I would really like some insight on the subject. I already took college Calc II and barely got an A in that, so is it a harder or easier than Calc II? Anyone got any notes or tips? Feel free to DMe me.
Looks like dreams come true....and it looks like I am in for a treat this week! May the stars align this month!

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
So the indie direct is confirmed. Now, it's just a matter of time for at bare minimum a general direct mini like we got in March

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So as you may notice, I haven't been popping up on this site that often in the past few days and honestly, I'm getting tired of waiting for news. I'm tired of this forever drought with Nintendo and they're making me lose my patience. I said I didn't know whether or not I would stick around for Smash 6 or not as I don't think I have it in me to go another round. But I've lost so much patience from the waiting, that I might not even stick around to see Ultimate speculation to it's end. I think after Geno get's in, I'm probably leaving. There are other characters I still support and want, but I have invested so much time in this thread with you guys that I want to see this journey through the end. But yeah, the drought has killed the fun in speculation for me.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
I was exploring my YouTube favorites out of boredom, and then I came across this video again. I figured I'd share it again for those who haven't seen it before. It's pretty cool that it has some arranged versions of the Mario RPG soundtrack.

I was looking for those. Someone needs to upload the songs separately as "beta" versions.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
'Tune in for a 20 minute indie Direct! 19 minutes of it will be Bakugan.'
I'm hoping they actually show some spotlight to No Straight Roads; I've been dying to play it, it's coming out on Switch in 9 days and not enough people know about it.

But yes, that general Direct. Got good feelings toward next week (possibly). Can't wait to see how crazy the NY Center crowd reactions are going to be.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatman was talking about the possibility of indie devs working on Nintendo IPs, a la Cadence of Hyrule, right? So we might still get a little actual Nintendo news here! (Not that indies can't be cool in and of themselves, but I'm hungry for that Nintendo content)

4f3venztvp7z.jpg

Yeah, that's one of the things that has irked me about Jeff Grubb's "wild card" in that he likely wasn't talking about a presentation but a game, possibly two, and I kind of wish he had outright said that. I'm reeeeeeeally hoping at least one of them comes true tomorrow because, as you guys remember, I was juked last December for one of the Indie/Nindie collabs that's supposed to be coming so let's just say I'm a little tired of waiting for this bit of news in particular to finally come to fruition.

Attachments

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I could definitely see a Nintendo/indie collab as the One More Thing.
Oh, no doubt. I hoping both the dead franchise revival and the "Black Box" collab my contact implied would be by the end of the summer come true tomorrow. If at least one of them doesn't happen, I will commit not happy.

Purpleztars

Smash Rookie
I can't remember all who said so exactly, but I recall some saying because rereleases of past Amiibo's happen around the time new Fighter is released & are connected in a way, and next up for rereleased I believe are Mario, Luigi & Cloud Player 1 & 2 variants, Super Mario & Square Enix characters.
That doesn’t mean anything.

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
I was looking for those. Someone needs to upload the songs separately as "beta" versions.
I wouldn't call all of the songs as beta versions... most of it sounds complete, and I think a lot of it actually sounds more like the songs before they were processed into the SNES game. They sound like a higher quality without all of the compression.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The thing I will just never understand is the fact that Nintendo is able to make Indie World presentations and incredibly mediocre Parter Showcases, yet they are somehow unable to give us a general Direct. People use the virus as a way to defend Nintendo for a lack of Directs, but I seriously don't think its a problem for them given the fact that they are still making presentations during the quarantine.

I'm not salty about this. If you saw my earlier posts, I wasn't expecting a Direct until later on, but this was something I had to let out for quite some time because some people will make excuses for Nintendo and it annoys me beyond belief. Tons of companies, even Japanese-based ones, are still showing video games during this pandemic. Literally what excuse does Nintendo have?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Like I said in this post, the thing that made me pay attention to my friend's Zelda rumor from April is because the Polish Amiibo leak supported it so heavily:

Skyward Sword kind of adds a new dimension to Amiibo theory because the Smash Zelda rereleases do seem to be tied to upcoming Zelda announcements. The Smash Mario Amiibo rereleases obviously have to do with the 35th anniversary but, like I HMMMM'd about most of the summer, this puts a beeg spotlight on why the hell they're planning on rereleasing almost every single Splatoon Amiibo soon too. Also, just to repeat the Smash Amiibo that haven't been rereleased yet:

Smash 4 Amiibo Rereleasing in September according to the Polish Amiibo leak:

-Luigi
Ryu

Ultimate Smash Amiibo Rereleasing in September according to the Polish Amiibo leak:

-Young Link

Smash 4 Amiibo that haven't been rereleased yet:

-Peach
-Yoshi
-DK
-Diddy
-Falco
-Kirby
-Ness
-Lucas
-Corrin
-Game and Watch
-Pit
-Dark Pit
-Palutena
-ROB
-Duck Hunt
-Miis

Ultimate Smash Amiibo that haven't been rereleased yet:

-Daisy
-Ken
-Ice Climbers
-Dark Samus
-Ridley
-Simon
-Richter
-Pokemon Trainer
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur
-Pichu
-Inceniroar
-Snake
-Wolf

Might be worth keeping an eye on this.
Splatoon has been an interesting case for a while, between the Save Our Salmons 2020 post at the beginning of this years and the Splatfest reruns, some of which have different internal code-things than the other Splatfests.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
My breakfast after not believing in august direct. F'n yummy.
It's nice that the drought is over.
And I also missed it by a day,too.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Oh hey! An Indie is happening tomorrow!

We are finally getting some news and usually another Direct happens a week later after an Indie. Let's hope that trend continues.

Also...dead franchise revival inbound? I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom