• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well, it's been awhile by now. First of all, this maintenance did stuff and the site looks. It'll some time to get used to but it's fine nonetheless.

Also, I feel like at this point people are just moving the 'goal post' bit by bit, expecting something and nothing happens. Or at least, something that THEY want.

First expect something in March, then April, then May, then June, then JULY ("7 dude, 7!): Nothing in that one, what a shocker, not. Then August seems like it got stuff with PIKMIN 3 DELUXE and for that, I consider it a win. Something happened.

Personally, in terms of a direct, Tilly get kind of interesting by September if that whole deal with 3rd Parties turns out to be true. I hope myself.

:bowser:.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
-Mario Party's more interesting levels and consistent setup eventually fell into the "Everyone in a Car" era at the same time the boards starting getting more generic.
Weren´t Mario Party 8 Hudsons last Mario Party? I mean, that could explain why they did the car twice to then go back with Super Mario Party. The new company wanted to do something on their own but to then going back to the roots (why that game got no dlc I have no idea)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Part of the issue is that with various franchises and sub-franchises there's a belief that while the gameplay can be fully change to match some new idea of fun they have, the brand itself remain safe and approachable in its other elments. Paper Mario is the latest example but there's loads of them.

-Star Fox has retreated from any meaningful progress in its story and characters in favor of new gimmicks no one wanted.
-Donkey Kong had an entire decade where elements and characters from the Rare era were greatly reduced for simplicity while control was supplanted by Bongo Controllers and motion controls.
-Mario Party's more interesting levels and consistent setup eventually fell into the "Everyone in a Car" era at the same time the boards starting getting more generic.
-The Wii U era was rife with spin-offs (Zip Lash, Amiibo Festival, Federation Force, Hey Pikmin) whose gameplay was so different that it turned fans off and that added very little in terms of interesting story or aesthetics to the series they came from. Games that had to have been created with the idea that the brand alone would sell them.

Basically there's a fundamental disagreement between Nintendo and various fans about what are the most critical parts of series that need innovated and experimented with. The same disconnect that could have both groups look at both Paper Mario and New Super Mario Bros and draw opposite conclusions about which series needed changed.
So Nintendo has a backwards and out-of-touch idea about how to improve their series, even though they can make new story/character stuff alongside different gameplay, old characters etc. and still be able to sell the games on the brand alone - which is also dumb anyway, as even with a popular brand they should strive to make it the best they can instead of having such a lazy and restrictive mindset. "Nah, it'll sell anyway, just do some of this and nothing more, don't do the old stuff nor make characters like the old ones, all of which people loved." Very disappointing.

ironically New Super Mario Bros. has done barely anything different besides new powerups and vertical sections, meanwhile Odyssey makes them look like hypocrites.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The thing with Nintendo is that they can greatly balance consistency and experimentation when they need to. I'd argue that both the explosion of mid-level franchises and the genuinely interesting expansion of stuff like Paper Mario in the N64 through early Wii era largely happened because the company could was not relying on brand alone to sell their franchises in the competition with Sony and Microsoft. The Gamecube is rife with various games that were big departures from what had come before in some way or another (Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Double Dash, Star Fox Adventures), the majority of which have long since left their controversies behind and a largely regarded as classics.

With Nintendo though, they simply have a different set of priorities and the recent phenomenal success of the Switch could just easily have them playing it safe with their IPs as much as it could have them feeling secure enough to venture out in experiments other than gameplay gimmicks.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Seems like Nate Drake is really believing in the idea of multiple Directs this month. One of them being a decently sized nomral Nintendo Direct. While I agree with Enigma735 Enigma735 earlier (on that I've kinda lost hope in expecting things from Nintendo right now), hearing legitimately credible industry insiders saying there are things coming gives me hope.

20200813_140703.jpg

I highly recommend listening to this video if you want to listen to actually credible insiders' predictions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seems like Nate Drake is really believing in the idea of multiple Directs this month. One of them being a decently sized nomral Nintendo Direct. While I agree with Enigma735 Enigma735 earlier (on that I've kinda lost hope in expecting things from Nintendo right now), hearing legitimately credible industry insiders saying there are things coming gives me hope.

View attachment 282147

I highly recommend listening to this video if you want to listen to actually credible insiders' predictions.
Please let this be true...

QQS

Smash Lord
9F49F276-F555-4C96-9746-7D386C08D5A0.jpeg
96961ED8-A252-447C-B669-47CEA0E57DBB.jpeg

You can’t deny this. Geno place will be between Kirby and Luma. Maybe next to Mario will be fun also. Just fun guessing.

Credits to SeanHicksArt SeanHicksArt and NibrocRock cause I used their beautiful Geno models.

And remember:

1985-2020: SEPTEMBER 13 will be 35° years of SUPER MARIO.

1889-2020: SEPTEMBER 23 will be 131° years of NINTENDO.

Are you really not believing it? Not feeling it? September (just 2 weeks left) will be an explosion I think:

-Mario 3D remasters to Switch
-Zelda Breath sequel full trailer
-Metroid Prime Trilogy HD + probably a new Metroid 2D + big news on Prime 4
-Smash DLC #7(for me GENO) and #8(Crash). Half of FP2 revealed and no more Smash reveals until beginning of 2021. As a bonus, Geno bringing up SMRPG to the Library; and Crash 4 ported to Switch
-New DK 2D
-Kirby will be good too
-Of course more on Pokemon and revival of old franchises
-MANY MORE

Call me crazy but Geno is happening as a fighter 100%. Go check Polarthief Polarthief List and Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Essay to refresh the evidence. The last evidence we needed was Min Min upgrade and now there are no doubts left. It’s just a matter of time to see that piece of fine gold CGI.

GENO AWAKENS!
GENO ALIGNS LIKE A STAR!

papagenos papagenos

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
August only has a couple weeks left to it, so if multiple major sources of news comes in the upcoming weeks, that'd be pretty hype. I'm actually still going all in with thinking FP7 will be revealed with a release date coming shortly and FP8 being announced but set to like Q1 2021, so maybe we'll be able to rest easy wondering about Geno one way or another.

I'm also pretty hyped for Nintendo news in general. Just 100%'d Odyssey and it made me want to go play some of the classic 3D Mario games.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Zell kind of deconfirmed the 20th as a Direct date a while ago, and now NateDrake says the Direct will indeed not be on the 20th.
If that's the case then we're probably looking at the 17th and then 26th (a literal repeat of March) or 27th... The Ride Never Ends.

Firox

Smash Master
I’m still confused as to why they feel that way; so, to “protect” the brand’s consistency or whatever they’re thinking, they can’t use age/gender and a unique individual of an existing species of characters besides their outfit and dialogue...but it’s okay for Toadette, Odyssey’s girl goomba, sometimes Toadsworth (who originated in a mainline game as Peach’s caretaker/whatever so it’s weird he’s so underused and is sometimes only a cameo if anything), and all the 100% original characters they make to continue to be used as if they somehow don’t also “hurt” consistency...? It makes no sense...

But I guess, as you said, it’s incredibly stupid and ridiculous how they’re being regarding this stuff. It’s like they have big time paranoia, I don’t think even Disney is this restrictive regarding unique characters or using more obscure ones (besides maybe Oswald save for Epic Mickey, assuming anyone actually wants to use him in animations).
I mean, like I said, the whole restriction of creativity just seems really illogical and stifling to what could otherwise be a jewel among the RPG genre. My only guess is that Miyamoto and crew are so controlling because they're worried that a 3rd party (like Square) could do stuff with their IP's better than they can (which, frankly, sometimes 3rd parties do). Rather than let partner companies ENHANCE their IPs, Nintendo ops instead to let their IPs wither and die under their singular possession.
This basically crushed any hype I had for a true SMRPG sequel. Even if they announce that it's happening I would be afraid it would be a shadow of what it could be.
Agree 1000%. I so badly wish for a legit SMRPG sequel but I doubt the Mario IP Nazi's will ever allow enough creative freedom to do so.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
So I have a question that I am itching to get some creative answers for. Who do you guys think the Extra Echo Fighters would be, assuming that we get 4 in total to make that perfect CSS? I may not have all the Echo Fighter possibilities in this pic, but I was just wanting to post this as I often look at it when we get a new addition and hypothesize what we could be in for next.

Smash Ultimate Roster.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: TTF

axel_

Smash Journeyman
So I have a question that I am itching to get some creative answers for. Who do you guys think the Extra Echo Fighters would be, assuming that we get 4 in total to make that perfect CSS?
Judging by Mii Costume Guy's list of rejected fighters, other characters that have been getting a lot of attention...

Gooigi
Dixie Kong
Ms. Pac-Man
Octoling(?)

Dekunk

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5452-6360-1438
So I have a question that I am itching to get some creative answers for. Who do you guys think the Extra Echo Fighters would be, assuming that we get 4 in total to make that perfect CSS?
I was just talking about this earlier. If we do get DLC Echo Fighters, Octolings are absolutely one of them. Quick, easy, popular.

was bored, so i made this
Absolutely legendary.

Last edited:

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
So I have a question that I am itching to get some creative answers for. Who do you guys think the Extra Echo Fighters would be, assuming that we get 4 in total to make that perfect CSS? I may not have all the Echo Fighter possibilities in this pic, but I was just wanting to post this as I often look at it when we get a new addition and hypothesize what we could be in for next.

View attachment 282163

Honestly Ms. Pac-Man seems like a no-brainer. I'd also love Funky Kong but even though spirits aren't a death sentence anymore his functions much differently in-game than Min Min's so I'm not sure.

If Crash were to get in, Coco would be absolutely perfect as an echo, too.

TTF

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 282163
Potential Echo Fighters for me would be:

• :ultbowser: Dry Bowser
  • :ultinkling: Octoling
  • :ultfalcon: Blood Falcon
  • :ultisabelle: Tom Nook

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Potential Echo Fighters for me would be:

• :ultbowser: Dry Bowser
  • :ultinkling: Octoling
  • :ultfalcon: Blood Falcon
  • :ultisabelle: Tom Nook
I would prefer Black Shadow and Digby
Honestly Ms. Pac-Man seems like a no-brainer. I'd also love Funky Kong but even though spirits aren't a death sentence anymore his functions much differently in-game than Min Min's so I'm not sure.

If Crash were to get in, Coco would be absolutely perfect as an echo, too.
Honestly in the past I said to myself "Dude Coco is a good iconic character to be in but we aren't getting echos so I would prefer she as a skin just to have it" but a echo would be better and also in that way Fake Crash/Trash will be the skin

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Here is a list of what they could do (on the top of my head)
Celica for Robin
Gooigi for Luigi
Dry Bowser for Bowser
Viridi for Palutena
Miss Pacman for Pacman
Dixie for Diddy
Protoman for Mega Man
Raichu for Pikachu

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Alright. I have something to share in light of recent events:

I was debating telling you this, because honestly the last time I tried to go public with this kind of stuff It didn't end well for me, I'm taking a risk with this and I know there's a high chance most if not all of you might laugh or call me nuts or a liar, but I have no reason to. I know many of you in this topic have liked my posts enough in the past to see that I don't bull****, and i've been here for a while so you know i'm not just some random leaker that will disappear on you. I am a member of this community and I love all of you. I gain nothing by lying to you and I risk damaging my good faith here with all of you if I were to tell you an untruth, so what I am about to say will be blunt and to the point:

I HAVE BEEN GIVEN WHAT IS - IN MY OPINION - NEAR CERTAIN REASON TO BELIEVE THAT GENO IS GOING TO BE IN THE GAME AT SOME POINT AS A PLAYABLE FIGHTER.

This information does NOT come from an established insider, but through my own personal discovery based on my own recent events. The exact details of which I am uncomfortable sharing at the moment, but i will tell you this: If this ends up not being the case and Geno isn't in the game, it will be the first and ONLY time I have ever been wrong after being made this sure.

THERE IS ALWAYS THE CHANCE THIS COULD HAPPEN!

To put it simply, this is by no means a definite, infallible piece of evidence. I am simply telling you that if it holds up, this will be the only time relying on it has failed me. Ever.

For credibility's sake, I will tell you just a few things I was made aware of through this in the past before they were official:

- KING K. ROOL in Smash

- BANJO-KAZOOIE in Smash

And in the world of sports:

- The XFL coming back

- Tom Brady playing for Tampa Bay

What I am telling you beyond that is that my evidence is very personal and is not based on any insider sources, nor any illegal leaking activity on my part. I do not expect any of you to take me at my word or treat this as reputable proof. I'm just trying to explain that every single time I've had this happen in regards to something, it has ended up coming to pass. If I am wrong, I'm wrong. I'm not trying to hype YOU up to believe anything. I'm ONLY telling you where I stand. I am now 100% convinced Geno will be in the game based on this track record. This is not a joke. If my reason for believing so turns out to be untrue in Geno's case, it will a first. That said, if it does not happen, I won't be putting stock in it as much going forward.

IF Geno does get confirmed, I will happily share what it was that brought me to this point of certainty. For now, I am going forward under the belief he will inevitably be in the game and i'll let you know if anything changes. I hope you all can forgive me if I'm wrong, but i really don't think I will be if history is any indication.

BE WARNED: I DO NOT WANT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BROKEN DREAMS! I love you all and I wouldn't be posting this for ANY other reason but to give hope. I don't want to hurt anyone and I don't want to chase any clout. I've been very adamant about the fact that people lose a connection between themselves and their fellow man when this happens and if i end up being right. I don't want to be known as a leaker or an insider because I'm no. This information doesn't come from that. Much like papagenos papagenos had his phone call or Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has his own reasons and/or sources, it's all just a very, very, very strong sign Geno is in. It could be wrong. It could be terribly wrong, but it hasn't failed me yet. Not once.

I would advise this NOOOOOOOOOOOOT to be used in any videos as this kind of evidence is very personal and private. Please, do not mention me as a leak or inside source. Trust in this confidence along with me at your own discretion.

I'm JUST trying to let you know that I am sold based on evidence I believe in very strongly. So please don't go overboard. Please, and I ask that sincerely.

Let's see what happens.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So my theorycraft from the beginning of the month was pretty much right... When it comes to August, Nintendo either does major presentations the first full week or the last full week and it's been this way since 2011...

545a61faaf3b2134b8932da175533292.gif

We've been joking about it for months but it does look like Nintendo really is going to cut things close to being within one week of the anniversary since the last real Direct... At least Monday's starting to look promising for those paying attention...

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Well, most of my theories at the end of June (after Min-Min) are looking likely to be true. I said that we aren't getting a direct/FP 7 anytime soon after Min-Min and the most likely place for the next direct is late July, or in August. And that the next major direct will end up being a MEGA direct that combines Nintendo's scrapped plans for E3 and September. Right after the July direct, I said that the next "big" direct is probably around August 25/26th.

1. We technically ended up with a direct in late July. Even if it isn't the one that a lot of us wanted.
2. Tons of insiders are dropping hints that a direct/multiple directs/events may be happening soon-ish. First up is the indie direct that should occur around the 17th, and then sometime after that (likely a week afterwards around the 25th) we should be getting a full blown direct.
3. A couple of insiders have stated that it might be a good move for Nintendo to create a big/mega/mammoth direct. This goes back to my prediction of the next general direct being a mega direct, that I predicted since June.

So using my infallible track record that has been 100% correct so far... I predict the next direct will have Geno as a fighter and announce a Golden Sun HD/Reboot (but to be fair I haven't heard much about the next Smash character so...). Golden Sun is 100% happening, as I've said that the next direct will be GOLDEN since right after the mini.

Man, I should really open a twitter account and post some vague tweets that some people end up taking seriously because of coincidences. I'd be an E-celeb by now. But then that would mean that I'd need to create a twitter account, and I'd rather not do that...

Last edited:

HanSoloIndie

Smash Cadet
I really hope there is something on the 17th...if so, it will fall on my Happy Adoption Day. For those wondering, "what the heck is that type of holiday?", every year my family and I celebrate the days we were picked up to be adopted. I am an older Millennial who was born in China and adopted to the US.
Having some news, whether it being Geno/FP7 or not, would really make my day, and even my week (especially if "lightning strikes twice")!

Observing that the Geno Thread users come from a variety of places, passions, and professions, is there anyone in this thread who is good at college level Calc III/Multivariable Calc? I know this might sound kinda weird from someone who also an artist/loves to draw, but I would really like some insight on the subject. I already took college Calc II and barely got an A in that, so is it a harder or easier than Calc II? Anyone got any notes or tips? Feel free to DMe me.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
So my theorycraft from the beginning of the month was pretty much right... When it comes to August, Nintendo either does major presentations the first full week or the last full week and it's been this way since 2011...

View attachment 282167

We've been joking about it for months but it does look like Nintendo really is going to cut things close to being within one week of the anniversary since the last real Direct... At least Monday's starting to look promising for those paying attention...
Exceptional use of Ratigan.

That's a rather impressive consistency. Is there any logic to it aside from "We're Nintendo - we just do" that you're aware of?

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I’m just expecting a Mr. Sakurai presents video for the next character at this point. I’m really doubting Nintendo is doing a Direct this year. It’s been almost a year since the last one & they haven’t made a peep.

The pandemic clearly hit them hard & I have a feeling this was going to be a Light year for the Switch anyway. I imagine they’re just licking their wounds & will come back swinging next year. If I’m correct the pandemic has been going much more smoothly over in Japan recently, so they should be doing better now.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Exceptional use of Ratigan.

That's a rather impressive consistency. Is there any logic to it aside from "We're Nintendo - we just do" that you're aware of?
I kind of cover it in this post:

Basically from what I've gathered from my insider friends is that big companies like Nintendo have a general idea of when they're going to do certain presentations and reveal things at the beginning of the year and try to stick to this plan as much as they can.

7NATOR

Smash Master

View attachment 282163
I'll take a Guess and Say Dixie, Shadow, Ninten, and Bandanna Dee, and Only because they share Similar Body types to Other characters, but in terms of Moveset I think they might as well be Semi-Clones at Worst, I Don't Know...

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
People call Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth & Anthrax 'The Big Four of Rock & Metal'.
If/When Geno gets in finally, we could call him, Ridley, K. Rool & Banjo-Kazooie 'The Big Four of Smash Ultimate.'
Geno grants a wish!

Geno descends!

A wish is granted! Geno appears!

Geno shoots from the stars!

...I expect something like those

View attachment 282163
What I want:
:ultalph::ultbowser::ultmario::ultzelda::ultpalutena:
Alph (solo w/ Rockmin), Dry Bowser (Melee Bowser w/ blue fire), Metal Mario (64 Mario), Twili Midna, Medusa

What we'll get:
:ultinkling::ultrobinf::ultsonic:

:ultlucario::ultmetaknight:
Octoling (w/ no change in weapons), Celica (w/ a self-dmg gimmick), Shadow (haha Sonic go zooooom w/ teleport), Zeraora (electricario), Dark MK (prease understand)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom