• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I pretty much locked them in in January for a reason and I'd argue evidence has gotten better for all of them as time has gone on. Because the mods don't like it when I clog up the thread with other character discussion, I'll PM you later.
I can't remember if you told me your final roster prediction off the top of my head, but I think you mentioned Geno and Master Chief

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Can we NOT overly chastise people for being wrong about stuff, especially moving targets like dates? You'd figure that with how people have been **** filled creamhorns to me the last two years that this thread would have more perspective on this sort of thing. Can we normalize, I dunno, having some degree of grace with this stuff?

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Can we NOT overly chastise people for being wrong about stuff, especially moving targets like dates? You'd figure that with how people have been **** filled creamhorns to me the last two years that this thread would have more perspective on this sort of thing. Can we normalize, I dunno, having some degree of grace with this stuff?
Fatmonice buying into the "They're just like us" meme lol. I don't have friends inside Nintendo. They do.

But you're right.

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
lanky kong.jpg

What is this grace you speak of?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmonice buying into the "They're just like us" meme lol. I don't have friends inside Nintendo. They do.
That's not what I'm arguing. I'm arguing that there's no point in the torches and pitchfork routine everytime a notable insider gets something wrong. It's inconsequential and it's why Sabi was allowed to get away with what he did for so long.

"Sabi blackmails people, steals info, has made a ton of people lose their jobs over it, encourages his fans to harass people who criticize him, doxxes his rivals, gives out personal information without consent..."

"Yeah, well... Was his info right?"

"Y-yes but that's not the point..."

"I don't care then."

I basically had this conversation waaaaaaaaay too many times last fall to a depressing degree. People finally decided enough was enough when it came out he was grooming teenagers 8 months later but a genuinely disturbing number of people were totally okay with him because "his info was right." This is why I get so indignant about this because Sabi basically had to be outted as a pedophile before the general public cared about his other behavior. If we're going to chastise someone like Zell or Grubb, let's agree to do it when they actually do something legitimately ****ty and not because they oopsie doopsied video game info.

MattX20

Smash Hero
That's not what I'm arguing. I'm arguing that there's no point in the torches and pitchfork routine everytime a notable insider gets something wrong. It's inconsequential and it's why Sabi was allowed to get away with what he did for so long.

"Sabi blackmails people, steals info, has made a ton of people lose their jobs over it, encourages his fans to harass people who criticize him, doxxes his rivals, gives out personal information without consent..."

"I don't care then."

I basically had this conversation waaaaaaaaay too many times last fall to a depressing degree. People finally decided enough was enough when it came out he was grooming teenagers 8 months later but a genuinely disturbing number of people were totally okay with him because "his info was right." This is why I get so indignant about this because Sabi basically had to be outted as a pedophile before the general public cared about his other behavior. If we're going to chastise someone like Zell or Grubb, let's agree to do it when they actually do something legitimately ****ty and not because they oopsie doopsied video game info.
I don't think I could've put it any better myself

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm glad Halo got delayed. The game looks like an Xbox One launch title, maybe even a late 360 game. Definitely not next-gen, I don't know how they would've improved it all by the time the Xbox Series X launches.

As the for anti-leaker situation, I would say I may be a bit anti-leaker myself. Some leakers I give the benefit of the doubt, but usually I just take everything I hear with a grain of salt because I know that, personally, I would get upset if I invested a lot of energy into hyping up a leak only for it to be wrong...

Powerman293 Powerman293 I can get behind your reasoning. There are definitely a lot of people who are just attention seekers, posting complete bull**** "leaks" in order to feel important.

But I can also see where everyone else is coming from too. There's certainly individuals within the leaker community that can be deemed as credible, with track records that are hard to argue with. Like the people who leaked Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, and Villager during Sm4sh speculation, like, there's a 1/1,000,000 chance someone threw out those specific names and got it right.

As for me, I'm gonna stick to being on the fence/taking leaks with a grain of salt because that's my personal choice. I've been saying for a couple years now that the only truly credible source is Nintendo, but I definitely don't believe all leakers should be ignored because, as I've said, it has been proven some are extremely reliable. I didn't want to believe all the Erdrick hysteria after Joker was announced and then look what happened...

7NATOR

Smash Master
T Trevenant The hate mail has largely stopped but people still try to proactively chase me out of threads and Discord channels and that was already getting old a year ago. As for other stuff I have said that has recently gotten public backing, Naz backed up that we originally got the Golden Sun and Tomodachi Life rumors last October in the Isaac thread.

Here's where I first publicly talked about Tomodachi Life back in February:

Just one of several posts where I deduce 6 would be first party and Nintendo owned:

The post where I said my contact said Season 2 would be at least 6 characters:

I've done a lot of recap posts but, to answer your original question, I have provided receipts that I knew about Cuphead and the Three Houses content in December, yes.

Looking at this, I do wonder how the guy heard Bethasda for Number 5, when it didn't get Playable character and the Costume came in Pack 6, with Byleth being 5

I think I remember that you Said that leakbait being used for characters from Different companies was something they don't usually do, but wouldn't that be the case here, Where Bethasda was heard by this guy for 5, when Byleth ended being heard instead.

And so couldn't they do that same thing with Certain other Characters, Like Dante, Crash, and Chief, Where they are in the game in some from, but not as Playable, like with Bethasda and such. and if this guy predicting 2 First Parties, and was on to something with ARMS (After Byleth Came out), then something doesn't add up. that's just my Opinion observing all of this

T2by4

Smash Lord

"I don't care then."

Imagine being Sabi, like actually just imagine being them lmfao. Sad.

Anyways, how we feeling lads? Nintendo's been awfully quiet. Hopefully good news soon, right?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Looking at this, I do wonder how the guy heard Bethasda for Number 5, when it didn't get Playable character and the Costume came in Pack 6, with Byleth being 5

I think I remember that you Said that leakbait being used for characters from Different companies was something they don't usually do, but wouldn't that be the case here, Where Bethasda was heard by this guy for 5, when Byleth ended being heard instead.

And so couldn't they do that same thing with Certain other Characters, Like Dante, Crash, and Chief, Where they are in the game in some from, but not as Playable, like with Bethasda and such. and if this guy predicting 2 First Parties, and was on to something with ARMS (After Byleth Came out), then something doesn't add up. that's just my Opinion observing all of this
There's a lot to clarify here so I'll break it down:

-Nobody specifically heard Bethesda for 5. We heard that Bethesda was supposed to get "something" in DLC (aside from Cacodemon) and we wrongly assumed a character. We also heard there was going to be at least two other Western characters with one more than likely being Crash. We basically took a flying leap based on this because info at the time for 5 was hard to come by. We also wrongly assumed that the Fighter's Pass was going to be exclusively third party.

-I predominantly have four main sources for info. Back in November/December, they all believed the evidence was strong enough that 5 was Western. Again, with Crash unanimously not 5, four of us (including me) rationalized Bethesda and one went in the direction of Microsoft based on information they had at the time.

-My predictions are a piece work of stuff I get from my network and my own research. I very rarely pull the trigger on things just because someone in my network says it. When it came to 5, I was pretty much alone in my prediction of Dragonborn and only one of my guys kind of reluctantly agreed with me.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
How does it not have relation? That's how Golden Sun entered the conversation to begin with. Yes, he didn't trust the info but that was the starting point. Let me bring up another example:

This same source heard that there would be Pokemon remakes/remasters in 2020 and assumed Diamond and Pearl based on the key information they heard in this post. The specific games were wrong but a lot of the info was still correct. I feel it's the same situation here: Dark Dawn was wrong but Golden Sun Remasters was correct.
NoA hearing specifically dark dawn as an old rumor last year from someone he didn't trust at all… and him hearing golden sun HD from someone he trusts 100% this year, they are different sources, therefore totally disconnected one thing from the other and are 2 totally different infos.

Also let's put it this way: You don't suddendly have every fake banjo leak become real just because someone else actually got real info later, lol. Same here, if GS HD happens, it doesn't mean that 3 game rumor is real, specially if it's not Dark dawn above all things, lmao

The only way that old rumor is real is if it gets the other 2 games to happen, since those 2 games have only been heard from that one person, GS alone wouldn't prove that rumor true. And even then, it doesn't change the fact that they are two different sources.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Howdy, thread! I'm here back from my break for a little bit to address a BIG discovery me and a friend on Discord did about Geno and Mallow. So, one of the people responsible for the designs in SMRPG, Kazuyuki Kurashima, is very active on Twitter, and for a while now, and many of us have attributed him for creating Geno. Well, today I decided to message him using my Cacomallow account and politely ask him if those claims were true, to which he responded shortly after giving us the answer as to who created both of original main characters in SMRPG: Hideo Minaba.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

He was the graphics coordinator for that game, and as it turns out, he's responsible for the creation of both of our boys. He's also worked as the art director for Final Fantasy and Granblue Fantasy, so he does have quite the track record. Also, I must give a massive shoutout to Kurashima-sama for taking his time, I'm extremely grateful for it! Do check his Twitter account out.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
We finally have a clear cut answer to who created Geno and Mallow, Hideo Minaba! Many thanks to Malo Mart Malo Mart and FlowerX on the Star Road discord for asking Kurashima-san on Twitter and finding out the secret to who created our bois.
Howdy, thread! I'm here back from my break for a little bit to address a BIG discovery me and a friend on Discord did about Geno and Mallow. So, one of the people responsible for the designs in SMRPG, Kazuyuki Kurashima, is very active on Twitter, and for a while now, and many of us have attributed him for creating Geno. Well, today I decided to message him using my Cacomallow account and politely ask him if those claims were true, to which he responded shortly after giving us the answer as to who created both of original main characters in SMRPG: Hideo Minaba.

He was the graphics coordinator for that game, and as it turns out, he's responsible for the creation of both of our boys. He's also worked as the art director for Final Fantasy and Granblue Fantasy, so he does have quite the track record. Also, I must give a massive shoutout to Kurashima-sama for taking his time, I'm extremely grateful for it! Do check his Twitter account out.
Wonder how he would feel to see one of his older creations make it into Smash?

It'd be a huge honor, I'm sure.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace

But you're right.
Brother, I more than perhaps anyone on this site know exactly the point you're trying to make: You're right. People in possession of a certain amount of clout--especially online--are often not the same as we are and there is a point where a disconnect between themselves and the common average joe occurs. Certainly we should be mindful of the class situations of people in order to understand where there loyalties lie, but the situation isn't always so clear cut. While a number of these Insiders may indeed be looking out for their own material interests at our expense, this doesn't necessarily mean they aren't to be trusted as people. A lot of them mean well to folks like you and I. They just don't in fact realize they play just as big a role in maintaining the order of things as the people above them. We just have to be careful about the insiders we listen to and try to be as informed as we can about their intentions when they share info.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
NoA hearing specifically dark dawn as an old rumor last year from someone he didn't trust at all… and him hearing golden sun HD from someone he trusts 100% this year, they are different sources, therefore totally disconnected one thing from the other and are 2 totally different infos.

Also let's put it this way: You don't suddendly have every fake banjo leak become real just because someone else actually got real info later, lol. Same here, if GS HD happens, it doesn't mean that 3 game rumor is real, specially if it's not Dark dawn above all things, lmao
He didn't trust the guy but that doesn't mean the info was totally wrong either. That's what I'm saying. People get information that's wrong all the time but not completely. Like the example I gave, the NoA ambassador was wrong (presumably) on Diamond and Pearl remakes but right on: no third game for Gen 8, remakes/remasters coming in 2020, and Pokemon being added back in and expansions. It's kind of irrelevant if he didn't trust the source, that source still deserves the benefit of the doubt for knowing something especially in the light that Golden Sun in 2020 is presumably true. Bad info with some truth to it is still noteworthy. I wasn't making the argument that the 3 game rumor was 100% true but things did come up later that suggested that there was some truth to each.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Wonder how he would feel to see one of his older creations make it into Smash?

It'd be a huge honor, I'm sure.
Indeed, I imagine it must. Reminds me of how enthusiastic Steve Mayles was when Banjo and Kazooie were revealed. Both have moved way past their creations, but seeing them being brought back and reimagined for the modern era in the greatest video game crossover out there, reaffirming how beloved they are even decades later must feel incredible!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
6d7538c916ea1020a78213a6ffc65749--smoking-hamster.jpg
Maaaaaaaan... I really hope all these hints and teases about a General Direct pan out so maybe for a day we can forget about how colossally ****ty everything else is. On that note, being a bonafide cheap ass, what would be a good way for me to record a reaction without nuking my bank account? A lot of people have requested a Geno reaction from me (if only for the epic cringe lolz XDDDDDD) so I should probably consider it now during the quiet before the storm.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
View attachment 281979Maaaaaaaan... I really hope all these hints and teases about a General Direct pan out so maybe for a day we can forget about how colossally ****ty everything else is. On that note, being a bonafide cheap ass, what would be a good way for me to record a reaction without nuking my bank account? A lot of people have requested a Geno reaction from me (if only for the epic cringe lolz XDDDDDD) so I should probably consider it now during the quiet before the storm.
When do they say a General Direct is happening, may I ask?

7NATOR

Smash Master
There's a lot to clarify here so I'll break it down:

-Nobody specifically heard Bethesda for 5. We heard that Bethesda was supposed to get "something" in DLC (aside from Cacodemon) and we wrongly assumed a character. We also heard there was going to be at least two other Western characters with one more than likely being Crash. We basically took a flying leap based on this because info at the time for 5 was hard to come by. We also wrongly assumed that the Fighter's Pass was going to be exclusively third party.

-I predominantly have four main sources for info. Back in November/December, they all believed the evidence was strong enough that 5 was Western. Again, with Crash unanimously not 5, four of us (including me) rationalized Bethesda and one went in the direction of Microsoft based on information they had at the time.

-My predictions are a piece work of stuff I get from my network and my own research. I very rarely pull the trigger on things just because someone in my network says it. When it came to 5, I was pretty much alone in my prediction of Dragonborn and only one of my guys kind of reluctantly agreed with me.
Okay. Interesting.

I guess it's just weird, and I don't know how to exactly word what I'm about to say. I know your predictions are based around your own Speculation along from what you hear on the Inside, but it also seems the inside does throw in their own Speculation sometimes into what they hear. I only say this because From what I've seen from all the Posts I've read from you, I'm just wondering how concrete some of the stuff you're hearing, Only when it comes to Smash anyway, and only stuff you've Put out publicly

so stuff like the Deconfirm list (that had Cuphead), is that fully concrete or is there Speculation within that. Stuff with the Mii Costumes and how they could point towards what companies are getting characters. Stuff like Ryu being speculated to be leakbait. Even the stuff with Namco. I believe you heard about 6 Namco costumes, but in one of your posts talking about that, you said some of the inside people were between Heihachi and Lloyd (this was before Heihachi got turned into costume). Does this imply some of the costumes were just speculated based on names being thrown around, but it's not concrete those characters are actually costumes. It's just weird Man.

And I don't know if it was answered, but because you've involved Speculation and inside stuff with Characters besides Geno, if Geno is revealed to be the next character, Are you done with Spreading the Inside Speculation and stuff? since at that time you're guys main goal of Geno would be fufilled and such

Did he only create Geno and Mallow, or did he also have a part in creation of The Axem Rangers and Smithy? I would lump those two along with Geno and Mallow of having some unique designs for Mario game, so i wonder if he had an hand in that

pinshadow

Smash Lord
When do they say a General Direct is happening, may I ask?
The implication from insiders at the moment seems to be 2 presentations this month, one being the Indie World they always have in August around Gamescom, and the other being a general of some kind. Nothing seems to be this week though.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The implication from insiders at the moment seems to be 2 presentations this month, one being the Indie World they always have in August around Gamescom, and the other being a general of some kind. Nothing seems to be this week though.
I guess I see the Indies one being correct, but somehow, I feel the General Direct leak overall is just a safe guess. Don't ask why.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 281979Maaaaaaaan... I really hope all these hints and teases about a General Direct pan out so maybe for a day we can forget about how colossally ****ty everything else is. On that note, being a bonafide cheap ass, what would be a good way for me to record a reaction without nuking my bank account? A lot of people have requested a Geno reaction from me (if only for the epic cringe lolz XDDDDDD) so I should probably consider it now during the quiet before the storm.
sadly, a good animator isn't cheep , have you considered editing the old popeye episodes youtube poop style instead? you could just do a voiceover on top of them

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Did he only create Geno and Mallow, or did he also have a part in creation of The Axem Rangers and Smithy? I would lump those two along with Geno and Mallow of having some unique designs for Mario game, so i wonder if he had an hand in that
I do not know that much unfortunately. I'd figure they were either designed by Minaba or by Kurashima, but then you also have Kiyofumi Kato and Yuko Hatae as the main character designers, not to mention other staff members, so it's hard to say. It's likely Kurashima knows the answer, but then again, I don't wish to bother him asking for more questions on Twitter DMs.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
sadly, a good animator isn't cheep , have you considered editing the old popeye episodes youtube poop style instead? you could just do a voiceover on top of them
I meant a live reaction like my actual face so /v/ can call me a ******* for 3 months in the aftermath.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
You can do this with Audacity and any mic if all you want is the audio. For video, any webcam will do. For rendering, Zoom is a free video chat program and lets you record and save any meeting with computer sound and screen share options included,

Zoom.us

Edit: in fact, Zoom should solve all your problems. I've used it myself.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Audacity is free and works on Windows, Linux, and I believe Mac. It's great for editing audio and allows you to record your voice. OBS is another free option. It works on Windows, Linux, and I believe Mac, and it allows you to record your voice, your face if you have a camera set up, and the stream you're watching. This is what I use and I'd highly recommend getting this set up.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
So Hideo Minaba is officially the father/creator of Geno and Mallow? Can I live in peace with that info?

At this point he and Sakurai are probably sharing some drinks together talking about how and when Geno will Align to Smash!
If only lockdown would allow that...

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Audacity is free and works on Windows, Linux, and I believe Mac. It's great for editing audio and allows you to record your voice. OBS is another free option. It works on Windows, Linux, and I believe Mac, and it allows you to record your voice, your face if you have a camera set up, and the stream you're watching. This is what I use and I'd highly recommend getting this set up.
Audacity is the software I use to record my voice for my videos and I 100% recommend it. It doesn't have the best quality imo but I still think it isn't bad and its still at least something. Honestly, I would just love to see Fatman make videos on his account. It might not be his thing but I still think it would be interesting.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I pretty much locked them in in January for a reason and I'd argue evidence has gotten better for all of them as time has gone on. Because the mods don't like it when I clog up the thread with other character discussion, I'll PM you later.
Would you mean PMing me too? I’d love to hear it.

But you're right.
Does that somehow not make them human? NateDrake seems like a decent guy. The leakers were right about something happening the day of Partner Showcase, it’s just Nintendo surprised everyone with that crappy showing. It’s not the leakers faults that they heard “Nintendo is finally doing a presentation!” & assumed it would be actual news.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I just assumed the people doing it were either folks new to the thread (or at least weren't around when the exact same thing happened with Kelios) or people from the Newcomer Discussion thread who generally act like assholes when Geno is brought up.

Imagine being Sabi, like actually just imagine being them lmfao. Sad.

Anyways, how we feeling lads? Nintendo's been awfully quiet. Hopefully good news soon, right?
Only news that happened was that Halo Infinite was delayed. Other than that, it's still been the same slow news cycle in regards to Nintendo (I wonder if that investigation is still ongoing)

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice

I've been playing Granblue Fantasy for years I can't believe Hideo-san is actually the creator of Geno and Mallow. That's so awesome!

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
I've done it, I've combined all the best aspects of each Geno theorycraft out there to create the ultimate Geno moveset et. al.! I'm a madman, but I finally did it! FYI Timed Hits and Mallow assists are his gimmick (and Bob's your uncle)

OPTION A: Geno is not revealed right away

The Smash 64 intro plays out as normal up until the fingers snap and the "toys" wake up. We then hear the audio continue to play as the screen pulls away to reveal the whole thing happening on an old CRT in a bedroom, just like the one in the intro but in more modern CG. The sky outside the window fades into a night sky as the TV turns to static. We then see a shooting star twinkle by in the night sky, and the toy box (off center in frame) begins to glow. This fanfare plays as the lid slowly busts open in a burst of light. The screen fades to white as the light fills everything, and we see "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Super Mario RPG" appear on the screen just as the fanfare finishes playing out. The trailer ends.

OPTION B: Geno is revealed

This fanmade trailer

Entrance: Geno's star spirals down and settles into the toy body, causing it to grow to life size and become the Geno we know and love
Taunt 1:
genolaugh.gif
Begins with a little flip of his cape, then goes into this laughing animation

Taunt 2: Reaches under his hat and pulls up a small item, unseen, that poofs into sparkles as the item sfx plays

Taunt 3: Faces the player to perform his famous head nod as Mallow appears beside him to bounce up and down excitedly, waving his fists

Victory 1: Spins in place as a Star Piece settles into his hands, held high in victory. Mallow stands beside Geno haling the Star Piece with a shocked look on his face.

Victory 2: Performs a cool spinning pose where he flourishes his cape, then ends with one hand outward and the other showing his exposed gun-arm in a threatening manner, similar to many popular fan renders. Mallow stands off to the side behind Geno, shadowboxing with a tough look on his face.

Victory 3: Geno turns to the camera and performs his victory nod. Mallow leaps up behind him giving double V-signs and cheering.

Victory Fanfare: What else could it be? (does not continue to play like Cloud's; it has a clear ending before going into the normal bg music for other characters)

Special Animation 1: When Geno is KO'd normally in a Stamina battle, he will wobble in place and then faceplant into the ground -- just like KO animation in Super Mario RPG

Special Animation 2: When Geno reappears on the revival platform, we see a quick animation of the true star form of Geno settling into the toy-sized doll and causing it to grow to "life-size" and stand up

Special Animation 3: If Geno is in a Team Battle with any other cast member from Super Mario RPG (Mario, Peach or Bowser), a special victory animation may play where Geno's star leaves the doll body and twinkles off screen as the other character(s) look up in awe.

Some combo of these (by ZaneTheDragon on Deviantart) and/or these (by PJiggles over on Twitter)

• Jab: Simple punch
  • Gentleman: Punch, opposite punch, cape swipe
  • Rapid Combo: Fingershot (Finisher: Elbow cannon)
  • Ftilt: Cape swipe (Timed hit: Finger shot)
  • Utilt: Overhead cape swipe (Timed hit: Explosive fist at end of overhead swipe)
  • Dtilt: Low cape swipe (Timed hit: Cape spin)
  • Dash: Elbow thrust (Timed hit: Elbow explosion)
  • FSmash: Double Punch w/ rocket fists as extended hitbox that gets longer w/ charge (Timed hit: Fists explode)
  • USmash: multishot Star Cannon directly overhead (Timed Hit: One last burst of stars)
  • DSmash: Geno Blast w/ more charge = more light beams, hits enemies down and excellent at spiking over ledge (Timed Hit: One more quick beam)
  • Nair: Full body cape twirl similar to Kirby's Nair, sorta
  • Fair: Elbow Cannon where Geno leans into his elbow, thrusts it forward and it explodes (Timed Hit: Double burst)
  • Bair: Triple spread shot Star Cannon (Timed Hit: Shoots more stars)
  • Uair: Arm Cannon overhead rapid shot similar to Mii Gunner (Timed Hit: Longer frames)
  • Dair: Rocket punch downward for meteor ala Hard Knuckle (Timed Hit: Explodes)
  • Grab: Arms sort of disjoint to extend grab distance
  • Pummel: Headbutt
  • Fthrow: Overhead toss similar to Hurly Gloves when Bowser grabs Mario
  • Bthrow: Spins opponent around by their feet and does a full 360 spin before letting go
  • Uthrow: Flips up into air, then sends rocket fists into the opponent to carry them upward before exploding
  • Dthrow: Judo throws opponent into floor and then pops up to shoot them multiple times with arm cannon

• Neutral: Geno Beam - Same as everywhere else, nothing fancy. Charges up to 3 stars max. Beam is long and wide, increasing with charge, and fires just a tad slower than ROB's Laser but has roughly the same travel speed, "girth," and power. The Beam can be angled at 45 or shot straight up, and in the air it can be angled downward 45 or straight down. Huge lag at end of attack makes Geno vulnerable, but it has a very forgiving hitbox that lasts a while.
  • Side: Geno Whirl - Shoots a lightning-fast disc of light that slices through opponents for light damage and flinch. The disc can be angled but will fly in a straight line once tossed. If a Timed Hit is nailed perfectly this attack will cause a Special Zoom and have knockback equivalent to one of Hero's Critical Hits. The damage will also jump to a whopping 50%. The sweetspot is very small and must hit exactly at the center of the opponent's body, similar to Rest.
  • Up: Geno Boost - Geno powers up and leaps into the air, surrounded by red arrows. This attack deals the most damage and knockback at the start of his ascent and weakens over time. At the end of the jump, Geno will perform a flip to lightly knockback any opponents with minimal damage attached. If a Timed Hit is nailed at the start of this move, Geno will have Super Armor throughout his recovery and the finishing flip will have a bit more "oomph."
  • Down: HP Rain - Mallow appears off the Z-axis and casts HP Rain, causing a small cloud to appear above Geno's head. Geno receives a burst heal of 5% at the start of this move, but will receive 1% healing at a rate of 2%/sec initially so long as he stands inside the cloud's rain. The cloud will remain in place while Geno can move freely, but the speed of its HOT decreases over time before the move eventually ends on its own. Opponents can also receive healing from the rain, but they will anger Mallow and get hit with Thunderbolt or a loosely accurate Snowy if they stay under the cloud too long (or touch the cloud at all, which instantly either electrocutes or freezes them). To determine if this move is ready, it has a small cooldown icon above Geno's HUD that shows a FP meter filling up a small cloud icon slowly. The cooldown is roughly 20s, while the move itself lasts for about 5s.
Geno Flash: Geno flips back his cape and points out his gun arm ready to fire as Mallow appears in front of Geno. Mallow will crash his cymbals directly in front of them and, if they connect with a foe, the Final Smash will play out on stage (no cinematic) as the opponent is stunned in place. Within an instant, Geno lets loose a wide barrage of Geno Blast beams that can catch multiple opponents on stage (not just the one initially trapped) as Mallow casts a loosely accurate Star Rain on top of the beams. This is followed up with Mallow then casting Shocker on the trapped opponent directly as Geno leaps back, transforms into a cannon, and then uses Geno Flash to unleash a Smart Bomb-like explosion onto the stage. The Final Smash ends with Geno reappearing and nodding while Mallow throws up a v-sign and then disappears.

Thoughts? Hate? Sorry to crud up the thread with this stuff, but I had my "eureka!" moment this evening and had to share it

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Your smartphone, I guess.

So next week indies, huh. Maybe we get ONE of those Ip´s you´ve heard nintendo is giving to an indie developer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom