• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't think its too outlandish to think that the ESRB does have information that we don't know about. The ESRB leak, in my opinion, basically proves that since as the leak implies, someone who works for the ESRB has leaked out the characters for Smash 4 before we even knew about them. As such, I do believe these rating boards actually do have knowledge about who is planned to get included in Fighters Pass Volume 2, and they are probably just preparing themselves when this supposed M rated character does get revealed in this Pass.
No, it's not outlandish to think that the ESRB has information on characters that we do not, as the model, voice lines, stage, etc would have to be approved to maintain the E10+ rating. However, I believe this would be done on a character-by-character basis, because every character is going to have to be given a rating by the ESRB, and they aren't releasing them all one at a time. This also eliminates failure points, so even if it costs Nintendo time and/or money, it pays for itself in eliminating possible leaks.

To be clear on my concept of failure points here, if I had information that I didn't want anyone to know yet, but I wanted to have someone who could vouch for me in case things went south, or who could deliver the information in my absence, would I be better off telling one person, or five? If I tell one confidant, they will either keep my secret or let it out, but at least I know to never trust them again. If I tell five people and one breaks that confidence, I may never know which did it. Do I write them all off as untrustworthy? Do I track down the one and never speak with him again? As with any machine, the more moving parts you add, the more likely things are to fail and the harder it is to track the problem.

By this logic, it is not only unlikely, but unwise for Nintendo to let the video editing guys know who the characters are too far in advance (any farther in advance than the presentation, to be most accurate), and the same is true even for the ESRB. Because of this, the most likely scenario is that Nintendo simply told the NoA editors to remove all of the logos from the Fighters Pass characters for the foreseeable future because which looks better, this:
1597173037516.png

or this:
1597173182345.png

Not only does that look weird, it doesn't give a fair shake to the franchises that have to be arbitrarily censored.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
"M-Theory" is neat I guess but with 5 more characters it doesn't really tell us anything and it's still a massive possible pool of characters. Like, if we knew going into Pass 1 there was going to be an M-Rated character would people immediately jump to Persona? Of course not. Now, if we go through 4 more characters and in a year from now we still have no M-Rated character in the Pass, then we can talk. Even then it might just be a consistency thing, they got told they couldn't use the Persona 5 logo in Pass 1 Promotional Material so they took all the logos out and decided to keep it consistent and just not have the logo's at all anymore.

EDIT: I just did an internet archive search on the DLC page, just to back the theory up more they actually removed all references to Persona as a series from Joker's bio.

• Original : Joker steals the show when he joins the Super Smash Bros.™ Ultimate game as a playable fighter! This speedy fighter from the Persona series wields a knife and a gun to rack up damage. When his Rebellion Gauge is full, Joker summons his Persona, Arsene, to immediately power up his attacks for a limited time. This pack also includes Mementos, a stage that changes colors, depending on which Persona series music track is playing!
  • Now : Joker steals the show when he joins the Super Smash Bros.™ Ultimate game as a playable fighter! This speedy fighter wields a knife and a gun to rack up damage. When his Rebellion Gauge is full, Joker summons his Persona, Arsene, to immediately power up his attacks for a limited time. This pack also includes Mementos, a stage that changes colors, depending on which music track is playing!
It's being finicky as it always is but at the very least it was changed by December.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So Halo just got delayed.... hmmm
It's almost like a game that switched creative directors midway through production and is being developed by the team that has screwed up everything Halo related they've touched for the last 8 years wasn't going to turn out well. Whatever, Xbox is even more screwed than it already was, now there are -1 reasons to buy an Xbox Series X this holiday. Seriously, it feels like Microsoft is only staying in the hardware market as the "not-Playstation" console for the mainstream market, everything exclusive they have is going to be on PC, it's like they have no gameplan.

Also people trying to spin this as "SEE MICROSOFT AND SONY ARE BEING AFFECTED BY COVID TOO SHUT UP ABOUT NINTENDO" and it's like, duh? We know stuff is going to be delayed, that's not the issue. it's the fact they are completely radio silent on everything. If everything got delayed to 2021, fine, we get it, but TELL US THAT. It's the lack of information that is getting people at each others throats right now.

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Do we know if these supposed Mario remasters are going to be part of one package or if they're going to be separate releases?

We're starting to close in on the end of the year now, it really seems like if they're still releasing this year for Mario's anniversary we'd have to get an announcement for them pretty sharpish.
Every leaks I read implied a package of 64, Sunshine and Galaxy. One of them precise that Galaxy 2 will not be in (nor apart). Also they said the port of 3D World will come separately.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
In some news there are two things:
-Nate confirm that the Mario 3D Collection (Yes, he mention collection) won't include Super Mario Galaxy 2 (I was going to post a photo but only load as ants themed photo, I would be really grateful if somebody can post a photo)
-The production of :ultjoker: amiibo started and there will be reprints for some BOTW ones: https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/1293267347734761472?s=20

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I'm now sad that I was away from smashboards the week you posted Butternut Squash.

it may be late but

YES, PLEASE!
There will be (blood) more butternut squash in the future; I promise. Made some lovely ratatouille with it yesterday. Can't really say you missed too terribly much in the last week:

-Lots of back and forth between Zell, Grubb, and Nate Drake.

-"""""""""""Something"""""""""" is apparently happening on the 17th.

-Ron Paul returned but perhaps earlier than he normally does.

-It was revealed Golden Sun was one of the three dead franchise revivals I was keeping secret.

-Geno took another top ten spot in a quintuple digit participant poll; more whining and goal post moving ensued.

I think that's it outside of the stuff like Pikmin 3 Deluxe that everybody saw.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
True, but that doesn't mean that science class students can't be disappointed because the room that used to be for science class is now exclusively used for choir practice despite the numerous complaints about the change.
The kids want their drama class again, not the science class again. They want their courtains ,lights, audience and goofy characters,not projects with paint,stickers and stationery things!
Right, and I get it for sure. I’m just pointing out the difference between “I wish that instead of Oragami King they’d have made a TTYD-like Paper Mario”, and “Oragami King is a bad game”. I want another TTYD too, but Oragami King is a great game in its own right.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In some news there are two things:
-Nate confirm that the Mario 3D Collection (Yes, he mention collection) won't include Super Mario Galaxy 2 (I was going to post a photo but only load as ants themed photo, I would be really grateful if somebody can post a photo)
-The production of :ultjoker: amiibo started and there will be reprints for some BOTW ones: https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/1293267347734761472?s=20
What's this? A bit of news that basically confirms that the Polish Amiibo leak from early May listing Mario and Square Enix Amiibos being rereleased together in September was real? How unexpected...

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I dunno. It's just... Dumb. Yeah man, I'm a Gin-ewe-eine Joycon Grifter despite not having Twitter, a Patreon, or a real YouTube channel. I'm just swimming in (checks notes) "e-cred." Pretty amazing how I've been a member of this community for 14 years and was twice a mod but just decided to get up one day and lie to the community I've been invested literally my entire adulthood on a daily basis.

Other times it's just "are you ****in' kidding me" when people claim I made stuff up or "oh, that doesn't count."

"You're lying about Geno and Lloyd being heard in insider circles in 2018."

Uh... No I'm not...

Already shared this on Star Road last night but here's even more evidence that Naz was telling the truth about Golden Sun:

View attachment 281917

It's just kind of goofy at this point because a lot of it unironically spawns from "GuN pUpPeT bAd" but people have taken it to legendary levels of petty.
something i don't understand about the Golden Sun thing why remaster DD didn't people not receive it well i know it didn't do well on the ds because they released it at the end of its life but wouldn't it be smarter to remake the first two GS?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
something i don't understand about the Golden Sun thing why remaster DD didn't people not receive it well i know it didn't do well on the ds because they released it at the end of its life but wouldn't it be smarter to remake the first two GS?
It's likely not DD. That's just what the rumor was last October. Stuff changes over time as people get better info and this is a prime example of this. As Naz has pointed out, the evidence has been pretty strong for it being remasters of Golden Sun and the Lost Ages since April or so. Kind of like I pointed out, the Mario Collection basically started off as JUST Sunshine last fall and by the Spring more and more people started hearing about 64 and Galaxy too.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I think I feel about Origami King the same way I feel about Star Fox Adventures. Both are perfectly fine games and its not at all surprising that they have many fans. However they don't really have what I play their respective series for and the elements that are there just don't seem quite outstanding enough to keep my interest.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Ahem, seems like i need to share my big post from the GS thread here, since it seems like people are mixing up some weak old rumor info with what I have actually heard this year, which has no relationship with that old 3 games rumor. I do not think that it's DD at all, not from what I heard. And that rumor was heard by my NoA source long ago and he didn't trust it particularly. You can read all about it here:

Just to clear up the GS part 😉 It most certainly won't be DD, no point in doing that one at this point + it's not what has been heard this time in a "solid" way, compared to that old rumor that wasn't even trusted above 25%.
- flies away -

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
It's likely not DD. That's just what the rumor was last October. Stuff changes over time as people get better info and this is a prime example of this. As Naz has pointed out, the evidence has been pretty strong for it being remasters of Golden Sun and the Lost Ages since April or so. Kind of like I pointed out, the Mario Collection basically started off as JUST Sunshine last fall and by the Spring more and more people started hearing about 64 and Galaxy too.
thank you for the clarification Nazyrus Nazyrus

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Ahem, seems like i need to share my big post from the GS thread here, since it seems like people are mixing up some weak old rumor info with what I have actually heard this year, which has no relationship with that old 3 games rumor. I do not think that it's DD at all, not from what I heard. And that rumor was heard by my NoA source long ago and he didn't trust it particularly. You can read all about it here:

Just to clear up the GS part 😉 It most certainly won't be DD, no point in doing that one at this point + it's not what has been heard this time in a "solid" way, compared to that old rumor that wasn't even trusted above 25%.
- flies away -
That clears things up. Much like Geno, let's hope there's a brighter future for Isaac fans too

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

- flies away -
How does it not have relation? That's how Golden Sun entered the conversation to begin with. Yes, he didn't trust the info but that was the starting point. Let me bring up another example:

This same source heard that there would be Pokemon remakes/remasters in 2020 and assumed Diamond and Pearl based on the key information they heard in this post. The specific games were wrong but a lot of the info was still correct. I feel it's the same situation here: Dark Dawn was wrong but Golden Sun Remasters was correct.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
oh good lord all the likes pre-maintenance are gone

edit: OH SWEET JESUS EVERY LIKE FROM THE PAST POSTS ARE GONE WHAT THE **** DID YOU DO?!?!?
If you go to "Reactions received" by clicking on your username at the top of the screen, you'll see that they're still there. I guess they're not visible because the forum changed over from likes to reactions - I have no idea what other reactions there are aside from likes, or what the technical details behind the forum changes are.

OffBi

Smash Ace
If you go to "Reactions received" by clicking on your username at the top of the screen, you'll see that they're still there. I guess they're not visible because the forum changed over from likes to reactions - I have no idea what other reactions there are aside from likes, or what the technical details behind the forum changes are.
no you don't get it
every like from the old posts are NO MORE
there is NOTHING there

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, now that Naz has come in here and clarified things, I'm hoping people are more optimistic about the future. Like I've been saying forever, this has basically been the running theme since literally last summer: dead franchise revivals, evergreen Smash picks, and Nintendo coming out swinging with their A tier and B tier franchises in 2020/2021. I know Golden Sun is just one game in the overall equation but really sit and think about how we're seriously talking about this series with legit optimism rather than with the solemn nostalgia of an obituary. When was the last time you could honestly say that about Golden Sun? Now just extend that line of thinking I think that was originally Nintendo's plan for 2020.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
no you don't get it
there is NOTHING there
They're not visible on the posts, but if you go here:

You should see that they're still on your account.

Last edited:

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
So, now that Naz has come in here and clarified things, I'm hoping people are more optimistic about the future. Like I've been saying forever, this has basically been the running theme since literally last summer: dead franchise revivals, evergreen Smash picks, and Nintendo coming out swinging with their A tier and B tier franchises in 2020/2021. I know Golden Sun is just one game in the overall equation but really sit and think about how we're seriously talking about this series with legit optimism rather than with the solemn nostalgia of an obituary. When was the last time you could honestly say that about Golden Sun? Now just extend that line of thinking I think that was originally Nintendo's plan for 2020.
Something I've wanted to ask as a lurker is how confident are you in your frequent Smash Picks? While I'd love a certain orange marsupial I can't say I see much evidence for him as a certain one-timer puppet.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's because of you as well as others here in this thread that helped me keep my optimism. I remember when Geno's spirit was first confirmed for Ultimate, I refused to give up hope, and look where we are now

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
no you don't get it
there is NOTHING there
I tried liking one of the posts on the first page of this thread, and suddenly all the likes were visible again on that specific post. Maybe you just have to do the same? Though for how big this thread is, that would be a bit of a nightmare to go through everything.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
They're not visible on the posts, but if you go here:

You should see that they're still on your account.
I tried liking one of the posts on the first page of this thread, and suddenly all the likes were visible again on that specific post. Maybe you just have to do the same? Though for how big this thread is, that would be a bit of a nightmare to go through everything.
oh, alright, you were correct, but i'm not gonna go unlike and like every post just so i can see the numbers again
but thanks anyways

Lyncario

Smash Ace
STOP LISTENING TO NATE DRAKE. Just Stop. Stop pumping his ego.
Really, I am really impressed by how the anti-leakers are just so obssessed to the point of pointing at them and say that they are unreliable and wrong almost all the time, but when they are right, they aeither go "that was a lucky guess", or "stop giving them atention". It's really more pathetic than anything else.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Something I've wanted to ask as a lurker is how confident are you in your frequent Smash Picks? While I'd love a certain orange marsupial I can't say I see much evidence for him as a certain one-timer puppet.
I pretty much locked them in in January for a reason and I'd argue evidence has gotten better for all of them as time has gone on. Because the mods don't like it when I clog up the thread with other character discussion, I'll PM you later.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Really, I am really impressed by how the anti-leakers are just so obssessed to just point at them and say that they are unreliable but when they are right, they aeither go "that was a lucky guess", or "stop giving them atention". It's really more pathetic than anything else.
But... he's been wrong. The July 20th Direct thing was wrong.

And don't play this game where things he got wrong "don't count" and he's always been right. That's just shrugging off responsibility.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
STOP LISTENING TO NATE DRAKE. Just Stop. Stop pumping his ego.
No... No I dont think we should.

But... he's been wrong. The July 20th Direct thing was wrong.

And don't play this game where things he got wrong "don't count" and he's always been right. That's just shrugging off responsibility.
Except he wasn't wrong at all, there was just a major assumption that it would be a general direct because it would be announced beforehand.
We've never had a Partner before and it's a completely new thing, dismissing insiders because they didn't get something right when it ended up being a thing we've never heard of before is just stupid.

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
A severely wrong one. But you know, let's pretend like he's like the rest of us and not doing this to stroke his pathetic little ego.
Sure thing, mister "I made a video after TGA 2019 where I said that Vergeben got btfo because I was mad that no Smash reveal hapened". It's almost as if you made that video to stroke your ego by falsely validating your bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom