• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I don't see Microsoft doing Banjo Kazooie exclusively for Switch. Game Pass is their focus. Maybe a Console Launch Exclusive on Xbox, then later released on Switch. But they need the games.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
@Droodle

I've explained my reasoning for my theory:

-Zelda, Xenoblade, etc aren't part of my predictions because all their respective Smash Amiibo have already been rereleased. The theory is that certain Smash Amiibo have been held back for rerelease for one reason or another, potentially tying to Smash or upcoming games.

-The characters I'm considering as bonuses line up with the concept of semi-clones because they would be easier to make than totally unique characters and Sakurai has already shot down more echoes coming. That said, the "pool" in my theorycraft is: Luigi, Lucas, DK, Diddy, Palutena, and Kirby.

-Waluigi has been around in insider circles since November 2018 so I do still believe there's something to it.

-Dixie is kind of two fold. Decent evidence that there's a big DK project coming and the fact that Dixie technically started her life as a RARE character. If Chief really is #8 and DK really is the big secret holiday game, them coming together would make sense.

-Viridi is already a Mii costume and we've kind of established that full Mii costumes are basically a consolation prize. Springman and Ribbongirl further solidified that in my opinion. Medusa is the only other Kid Icarus character that would fit this bill, especially in the light that she's, design wise, basically Dark Palutena. Like I said in my theorycraft,Kid Icarus is also the only "true" Sora franchise too so that limits things even more.

-Lolo is a number of factors including some I'm not allowed to publicly talk about. Beyond that, Sakurai has stated that he really doesn't like adding characters that he specifically created and it's also pretty notable that we don't have our goofy WTF retro character yet. Coincidentally, Duck Hunt, Game and Watch, and ROB haven't had their Amiibos rereleased yet. There's also the fact that Lolo was the original HAL mascot before Kirby and HAL is technically the company that spearheaded the entire Smash series.
Things must be going down if you can't publicly talk about stuff regarding Lolo.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
pinshadow pinshadow I've talked about it before but there's decent evidence of more first party content and even characters but it's difficult to describe. There's no Season 3 but, from what I know, another Nintendo pack wouldn't have as much content as Min-Min's. It's frustrating because it suggests something not "A la carte" but not a full pack either.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I am curious if there will be more fighters or other content outside of the pass, more on the lines of Pirhana plant that is a separate thing ... no music, stage, etc. and is just the fighter, which would work with just straight up Nintendo based fighters. That can go into the idea of the "bonus" fighters that's been talked about. There are 4 slots left from the data mining some time ago after this FP2.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
pinshadow pinshadow I've talked about it before but there's decent evidence of more first party content and even characters but it's difficult to describe. There's no Season 3 but, from what I know, another Nintendo pack wouldn't have as much content as Min-Min's. It's frustrating because it suggests something not "A la carte" but not a full pack either.
Is there REALLY though? Even Mii Costume Guy has only supported one real Nintendo costume in Gooigi who could come with anyone, and Cadance could come with any other pack as well. Not to mention the idea that, like we've established, Nintendo content would come first and foremost in the pass, meaning if we do get another Nintendo character it's either going to be with pack 7, and I don't know if there's any viable Nintendo character big enough to have been an E3 reveal (and that's discounting the idea all the evidence we have points to Geno most likely being 7 if he is in), or it's going to be another promotional character at the very end but I can't really see that being decided a year and a half-two years in advance.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So you guys found out about the secret Mii costumes. Fatman shared them with me a few others in private for months now. I've known about most of them since March.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Things must be going down if you can't publicly talk about stuff regarding Lolo.
Lolo first came through the same network as Mii Costume Guy's in December. Basically they had heard that a rumor floating around the Japanese offices was that an "Iwata tribute" character was being considered. Lolo made the most sense to me and one my contacts. Brought it up here but there was very little interest in it. Months later, someone else brought it up and then it blew up into this big ol' thing because a bunch of people thought I was flat out lying and trying to use Iwata's death for some weird irrational, non-monetary gain. The outrage got so out of hand that I was asked by several mods to not discuss it openly again.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I am curious if there will be more fighters or other content outside of the pass, more on the lines of Pirhana plant that is a separate thing ... no music, stage, etc. and is just the fighter, which would work with just straight up Nintendo based fighters. That can go into the idea of the "bonus" fighters that's been talked about. There are 4 slots left from the data mining some time ago after this FP2.
If we're getting additional DLC characters after Fighters Pass 2 and they don't come in the same Fighters Pass format, I could see them going in this direction like you said: individual DLC characters like Piranha Plant who don't bring anything with them. The Mario, Donkey Kong, and Kirby series already have plenty of stages, music, and Spirits, so while it'd be nice to see them come with the whole kit and caboodle, I could see characters like Waluigi, Dixie Kong, and Bandana Waddle Dee be included this way.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Lolo first came through the same network as Mii Costume Guy's in December. Basically they had heard that a rumor floating around the Japanese offices was that an "Iwata tribute" character was being considered. Lolo made the most sense to me and one my contacts. Brought it up here but there was very little interest in it. Months later, someone else brought it up and then it blew up into this big ol' thing because a bunch of people thought I was flat out lying and trying to use Iwata's death for some weird irrational, non-monetary gain. The outrage got so out of hand that I was asked by several mods to not discuss it openly again.
It was me that was bringing it up in the different threads. I'm sorry I brought it up Fatman. I should have known better to not bring it up because of Iwata.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I hate trying to bring attention to detractors, but I made a whole Facebook post about everything that could be in Geno's favor of getting included, and almost every comment were either someone who didn't wanna read, or someone who is detracting for the sake of detracting.
Here are just a few lovely comments I got on that post:

"It would be funny if you had all this evidence, and Geno wouldn't be in FP2".

"People like you are why I don't give a **** about Directs and character reveals".

"All that text and no joke. Bad clown you are".

"Just hold these L's".

"Dude get a life. After all Geno is not going Smash and that final".

"This is exactly why people keep laughing at the Geno fanbase. It is you, not them that are doing wrong, its you that hasn't learned absolutely nothing from base roster and FP1 and refuse to show any humility for your past mistakes and insist on using the same song and dance over and over only to go and hide yourself when you are inevitably proven wrong, just like you were during base game and FP1".

This is why I regret sometimes ever being in the Smash community. I hate being bullied all because I'm trying to spread awareness for a character I deeply love. I'm only 19 and I get bullied by people who are 20 years older then me. I genuinely get upset when people try to destroy my hopes and dreams, and I am hoping if Geno is coming, it better be sooner rather then later, so I don't have to deal with these jerks anymore.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is there REALLY though? Even Mii Costume Guy has only supported one real Nintendo costume in Gooigi who could come with anyone, and Cadance could come with any other pack as well. Not to mention the idea that, like we've established, Nintendo content would come first and foremost in the pass, meaning if we do get another Nintendo character it's either going to be with character 7, and I don't know if there's any viable Nintendo character big enough to have been an E3 reveal (and that's discounting the idea all the evidence we have points to Geno most likely being 7 if he is in), or it's going to be another promotional character at the very end but I can't really see that being decided a year and a half-two years in advance.
But this is where we dive into the intrigue of all of this. Mii Costume Guy knew about all this stuff but didn't know about any of the ARMS content. One of his in-betweens, however, did because of their own network. Like that PM I've shared from January, they knew about ARMS and their own research suggested Crash and yet another first party character. It's also important that none of Mii Costume Guy's stuff outright suggested Crash either, just somebody who was potentially "Sony" related.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Trolling/bait
Isn't "Mii Costume Guy" literally a 13 year old boy who couldn't even spell the word "Superior" right in his own username?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But this is where we dive into the intrigue of all of this. Mii Costume Guy knew about all this stuff but didn't know about any of the ARMS content. One of his in-betweens, however, did because of their own network. Like that PM I've shared from January, they knew about ARMS and their own research suggested Crash and yet another first party character. It's also important that none of Mii Costume Guy's stuff outright suggested Crash either, just somebody who was potentially "Sony" related.
wrong user sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

QQS

Smash Lord
I hate trying to bring attention to detractors, but I made a whole Facebook post about everything that could be in Geno's favor of getting included, and almost every comment were either someone who didn't wanna read, or someone who is detracting for the sake of detracting.

"People like you are why I don't give a **** about Directs and character reveals".

"Just hold these L's".

"This is exactly why people keep laughing at the Geno fanbase. It is you, not them that are doing wrong, its you that hasn't learned absolutely nothing from base roster and FP1 and refuse to show any humility for your past mistakes and insist on using the same song and dance over and over only to go and hide yourself when you are inevitably proven wrong, just like you were during base game and FP1".

This is why I regret sometimes ever being in the Smash community. I hate being bullied all because I'm trying to spread awareness for a character I deeply love. I'm only 19 and I get bullied by people who are 20 years older then me. I genuinely get upset when people try to destroy my hopes and dreams, and I am hoping if Geno is coming, it better be sooner rather then later, so I don't have to deal with these jerks anymore.
I see these kind of comments everyday to me mostly on Instagram. The best advice from a person that shares the same passion as you with Geno&Smash being 30 years old, is to don’t give a ___k and just follow your own ideas and life. You shouldn’t allow other people behavior affects your principles. Just be your best self and be smart, ignore the stupidity.

Best wishes my friend!

Griselda

Smash Lord

"Just hold these L's".

Beyond wanting him because he's important to me and so many others and that I just want him, there's a part of me that wants Geno in just to upset the people that despise him and everyone who likes him. But I know very well that them freaking out or raging or heaven forbid apologizing isn't going to happen, most likely. What's likely going to happen is that Geno gets in and suddenly they act as if they were on his side from the beginning, and then they'll find some other character's fanbase to pour hatred and malice onto, as if they legitimately don't care that these are other human beings they're flinging all of this crap at.

D

Deleted member

"Just hold these L's".

I’m so sorry to hear that. This is why I’m thinking to retire from Smash speculation. It’s just sad and pathetic to be so spiteful towards someone because they want a character in a video game. You should ignore these people. Root whatever character you want and don’t worry about them.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

"Just hold these L's".

It's these kind of people that make me want to retire from speculation after Ultimate's DLC is all set and done. Like I really want Goemon and Krystal, but I don't know if I can go another round of speculation after Ultimate. I think this will probably be my last rodeo.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

"Just hold these L's".

I am sorry to hear that has happened to you. That was not cool at all.

I don't regret being in the Smash community myself, though, and I am not planning on retiring anytime soon. I am tough as nails as they come.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
Once Geno’s confirmed, Smash speculation, for me at least, is done. Geno’s the only character that I still *need* in the game. There’s a small handful of characters I’m still rooting for, of course. But Geno’s my ride-or-die-b-word.

QQS

Smash Lord
Once Geno’s confirmed, Smash speculation, for me at least, is done. Geno’s the only character that I still *need* in the game. There’s a small handful of characters I’m still rooting for, of course. But Geno’s my ride-or-die-b-word.
Same here. This is it.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
The only character that I can think of is someone like a Resident Evil character (but is something like Resident Evil showing up at PS5 announcement really a surprise?) and I'm pretty sure that if a Capcom character shows up, then an RE costume is definitely happening (pretty easy guess). Oddworld is a possibility but I don't fully associate it with Playstation.
Yeah, while Resident Evil is strongly tied to Playstation, I don't think any particular character from the series is strongly associated with Sony. I was thinking of Oddworld too, but as you said, I don't think people associates Oddworld with Playstation. At least not as much as characters as Cloud, Crash or Snake.

The only other option I came up is... Spiderman lol. He actually fits there because he's associated with Playstation because of the exclusive games (plus the movies made by Sony), but the character itself isn't owned by them. But Spidey is a non videogame character, so this option should be dismissed.
As far as I remember the rest of the showcase was mostly new IPs or franchises that aren't super associated with the platform. Not counting first party titles, of course.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I finally got K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie in this game after waiting for them for 17 to 18 years so their inclusions is more than enough for me to call it quits on speculation. If Goemon and Krystal happen they happen or they don't because I probably won't be here for Smash 6 speculation.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys...

In case Geno doesn't get into this Smash game, I'd say someone from THIS game, made by Yuji Naka, by the way, could be another Square-Enix contender for Geno in the future.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Hey guys...

In case Geno doesn't get into this Smash game, I'd say someone from THIS game, made by Yuji Naka, by the way, could be another Square-Enix contender for Geno in the future.
Is it a new IP? If thats the case, then I don't think so seeing as it is pretty new. I could see a Spirit Event for it though.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Is it a new IP? If thats the case, then I don't think so seeing as it is pretty new. I could see a Spirit Event for it though.
I didn't say for this installment in Smash. I meant future ones.

A Spirit Board for this game would be sweet, though.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hey guys...

It's nice to know Cappy's mom is still getting work. Don't think any of this would be competition for any other SquareEnix character let alone Geno, but it's a lovely looking game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's nice to know Cappy's mom is still getting work. Don't think any of this would be competition for any other SquareEnix character let alone Geno, but it's a lovely looking game.
Again, I said for future installments for Smash, not this one (this being Smash Bros. Ultimate). I already know this is way too new.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I didn't say that, but...

More like a game made by late 90s' Sonic Team, if you ask me.
Two human children - a boy and a girl - reach a point in their lives that has them face personal turmoil. In order to solve their inner issues, they journey into an alternate plane deeply connected to the human mind, where they encounter an androgynous entity with a flare for showmanship and style, and battle against monstrous creatures in bizarre nightmarescapes. Said androgynous entity also appears to have an 'edgier' counterpart out to oppose them.

NiGHTS 3

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Two human children - a boy and a girl - reach a point in their lives that has them face personal turmoil. In order to solve their inner issues, they journey into an alternate plane deeply connected to the human mind, where they encounter an androgynous entity with a flare for showmanship and style, and battle against monstrous creatures in bizarre nightmarescapes. Said androgynous entity also appears to have an 'edgier' counterpart out to oppose them.

NiGHTS 3

It's also more like other late 90s Sonic Team games. Plus, the gameplay for this game does not look much like NiGHTS, and the art style, well, here...

This art in particular looks more Sonic-y if you ask me, Adventure styled Sonic, that is.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
It's also more like other late 90s Sonic Team games. Plus, the gameplay for this game does not look much like NiGHTS, and the art style, well, here...

This art in particular looks more Sonic-y if you ask me, Adventure styled Sonic, that is.

They'd fit right in with NiGHTS, though. Their proportions, the size of their feet and hands - the shape of their eyes especially resembles NiGHTS' own. But I'm not really arguing with you - NiGHTS and Sonic Adventure share many artistic similarities, for obvious reasons.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

They'd fit right in with NiGHTS, though. Their proportions, the size of their feet and hands - the shape of their eyes especially resembles NiGHTS' own. But I'm not really arguing with you - NiGHTS and Sonic Adventure share many artistic similarities, for obvious reasons.
Yeah, you still seem to be ignoring the gameplay part. I looked at how the game plays, and it does not seem to have some NiGHTS-like guy flying around in especially a 2D path collecting things to bring back to one place. Hence, why I said it looks like other 3D Sonic Team games from the late 90s, too. How the story looks is not the whole picture, if you know what I mean.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Yeah, you still seem to be ignoring the gameplay part. I looked at how the game plays, and it does not seem to have some NiGHTS-like guy flying around in especially a 2D path collecting things to bring back to one place. Hence, why I said it looks like other 3D Sonic Team games from the late 90s, too. How the story looks is not the whole picture, if you know what I mean.
...I'm not ignoring it, I just don't think that it's an absolute must for making the comparison. I have no idea why you seem to be so bothered by my saying "This looks like NiGHTS" instead of "This looks like many SEGA games from the 90s", but I don't intend to let you spoil my mood over something that, quite frankly, is a silly thing to be annoyed by.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
...I'm not ignoring it, I just don't think that it's an absolute must for making the comparison. I have no idea why you seem to be so bothered by my saying "This looks like NiGHTS" instead of "This looks like many SEGA games from the 90s", but I don't intend to let you spoil my mood over something that, quite frankly, is a silly thing to be annoyed by.
Generally, a game's gameplay is the most important part of any game. So I would say that gameplay would be important. It may look like NiGHTS story and character wise, but gameplay wise, it is not. It may be called a spiritual successor, but how can you call it NiGHTS 3 if the gameplay is not the same as any NiGHTS game? Aesthetics are not everything, you know.

And I am not really bothered by anything. I am just stating my point of view as to why this is not completely a NiGHTS 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom