• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
I think I need to just take a deep breath and walk away from this interview stuff. I've known this isn't gonna be TTYD 2 from the start, but, despite what we're taking from this interview, it looks like it's going to be incredibly weird. Mario is at its best when it's weird as all heck and, despite a lot of the character designs, this looks like it's gonna fit the bill. Of course, I'm someone who likes Color Splash about as much as I like PM64, so I guess it's easier for me to be optimistic here :p

pinshadow

Smash Lord
imo is just a troll who saw the mario 35th anniversary page and said: "Dude it has the same mail as the Smash and Splatoon accounts, i will make an account with the same mail and make people think that we are getting a new F Zero"
It was made in March bro.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
It ain't Genospec if a good lead gets undercut by something that hurts his chances

Ain't that just how it goes?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Isn't MysticDistance the dude who tried sharing some stuff during October 2018 when the Grinch Leak was kicking, answering people's questions with what he heard from sources then getting upset because someone screwed him over and he got fired from KHInsider or something? And at the time he made his twitter private or shut it down or something? It may have been a different dude but the name is familiar...

Also, Sabi possibly screwing him over sounds familiar too, maybe I'm being scatterbrained and forgetting something recent...was he in the Sabi document?

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly I can buy someone accidentally revealing Geno, I can see how a League of Legends fighter could supposedly b leaked months ago, I can even accept a character from a relatively niche series like Atelier getting in Smash.

But Nintendo actually caring about F-Zero beyond securing the account handle? Now even that's too out there for me to believe.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The F-Zero thing is interesting because the talk has always been about Mario Kart 9 and, to a far lesser extent, a spiritual successor to Diddy Kong Racing. It's hard to know what to make of this because on the topic of "a new upcoming racing game" there seems to be a lot of conflicting information. One thing that has come up a few times though are comments like Markomaro's that, if it's not Mario Kart, it's supposed to be something not meant to directly compete with it, which touches on F-Zero but also possibly nosedives into Starfox Grand Prix territory of potential leakbait.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Isn't MysticDistance the dude who tried sharing some stuff during October 2018 when the Grinch Leak was kicking, answering people's questions with what he heard from sources then getting upset because someone screwed him over and he got fired from KHInsider or something? And at the time he made his twitter private or shut it down or something? It may have been a different dude but the name is familiar...

Also, Sabi possibly screwing him over sounds familiar too, maybe I'm being scatterbrained and forgetting something recent...was he in the Sabi document?
Seems like it's him
2:45 for the time

Don't remember if he had stuff with Sabi.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
This thread is gonna explode if there's a Direct confirmed tomorrow. It'll be funny to see all the Geno hype/angst in one place.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Quick, somebody make a fake leak for us to discuss for the remaining pages! :ultpacman:
I just got details from my brother's best friend's uncle who works at Nintendo. He told me these things:

Geno, Rayman, Shantae, Reimu, and believe it or not....Waluigi are characters.

One thing they have in common is that they wield a gun for one of their specials.

Waluigi will come with a remix (yes another remix) for Waluigi Pinball and a stage for Mario Golf.

Rayman's amiibo will look ugly as **** with the clear material attaching his hands to the body.

And finally, Vectorman, Dr Robotnik, Monster Hunter, and surprisingly Ryu Hayabusa become DLC assist trophies. Hollow Knight will get a deluxe Mii csotume.

Oh yeah, and Crash will never become playable as the uncle said, "Sakurai knows people are excited for Crash to join the brawl. Unfortunately Activision are a bunch of money-loving ******** who charged a fortune for Crash content to be included."

And the obligatory: YoU DoNt HaVe To BeLiEvE mE, yOu Will SEE FoR YoUrSeLf.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Seems like it's him
2:45 for the time

Don't remember if he had stuff with Sabi.
I knew he seemed familiar. Thank you.

Maybe these accounts really are from Nintendo, then. It still sucks that happened to him.

Still not sure about the Sabi stuff with him, but that seems familiar to me too, maybe he was in the document; of course it could just be me being scatterbrained. Would fit what happened to him though.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now that I think about it, wasn't there a leak that said something about a new F-Zero game being revealed sometime this year? I thought I actually saw one.

D

Deleted member

Now that I think about it, wasn't there a leak that said something about a new F-Zero game being revealed sometime this year? I thought I actually saw one.
Yeah, since you bring it up, there was one back in June.

1594934014638.png

It was hella wrong about pretty much everything.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I'm wondering if as a community, Geno fans should stop overhyping every crumb of a little thing in his favor and stand more behind the character so we don't seem as ridiculous. The whole 7/7 thing I think didn't help anyone. At least the Paper Mario interview could get people to be more sympathetic to our cause.

But all of this may be pointless anyways seeing how we MAY be mere days away from a Direct.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
And I'm saying this as someone who support your "enemy" a Guy wearing some clown shoe swinging a big key with a DisneyWorld Keychain.
Probably worth pointing out that I also support Sora. I understand why he's a rival to Geno, but I like both Sora and Geno a lot. I also support Waluigi and Paper Mario, two more Geno "rivals".

I dunno, I've just seen people put this weird "cult" label on the Geno thread, but we're not like that. Many of us here probably support characters other than Geno as well. So I should probably speak up and let it be known that a Geno supporter supports other characters too, even ones who are his "rival". I don't mean this towards you personally, Nekoo. Just generally

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm wondering if as a community, Geno fans should stop overhyping every crumb of a little thing in his favor and stand more behind the character so we don't seem as ridiculous. The whole 7/7 thing I think didn't help anyone. At least the Paper Mario interview could get people to be more sympathetic to our cause.

But all of this may be pointless anyways seeing how we MAY be mere days away from a Direct.
to be honest I think I agree somewhat.

While I still see no problem with the speculation going on about things and having fun with stuff, I guess it is a bit silly of us to take some of this stuff even a little bit seriously (though I still think most of what we've talked about has plausibility and makes sense), and it's become tiring how people keep ragging on us and calling us "unhealthy" and whatever else...of course I guess it's on them to stop taking us wrong and stuff, but idk anymore, they don't care to come in here and try and understand us, and they don't listen when you try to explain to them outside of here, they just keep thinking we're being mentally unhealthy and they keep thinking "Geno thread bad" and "Fatman and people who respect him/believe him bad" and whatever else...

Last edited:

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Can't tell if Tiffany Treadmore is just messing with us at this point:
https://twitter.com/HotGirlVideos69/status/1283855284042162176

(tentative nsfw warning for some of her tweets, but she's leaked stuff correctly in the past)
While not this post specifically, this reminded me that she did another video with all the direct's main screens and distorted audio again, maybe notable enough to mention?
https://twitter.com/HotGirlVideos69/status/1283854410997735427
"There must be a way, a way we can be back together, a way you can open your heart, a way we can open your heart"
That's what I hear out of it... Pretty sure she's just messing with us now (and has always been)

vivala

Smash Journeyman
"Open your heart"?

B I G T H E C A T C O N F I R M E D

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Probably worth pointing out that I also support Sora. I understand why he's a rival to Geno, but I like both Sora and Geno a lot. I also support Waluigi and Paper Mario, two more Geno "rivals".

I dunno, I've just seen people put this weird "cult" label on the Geno thread, but we're not like that. Many of us here probably support characters other than Geno as well. So I should probably speak up and let it be known that a Geno supporter supports other characters too, even ones who are his "rival". I don't mean this towards you personally, Nekoo. Just generally
I mean, we have people disagree in here all the time about every little thing that could relate to Geno.

Although it doesn't help that some people here do a "You're either with us or against us" when it comes to people letting themselves get hyped up...

Last edited:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Things have been pretty wild the past few weeks, first 7/7, then 7/14, now 7/20 with numerous soft confirms from insiders and maintenance lining up, and finally a GameStop ad. Epic.
1594935292649.png

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I just think it’s weird that people are completely dismissing the gamestop video when many of the same people would jump all over complete reaches and vague coincidences as being clear evidence for certain characters in the past. Anyone remember how Dante was seen as a shoe in for FP5? Or how people were sure Master Chief was going to be the E3 reveal last year? Like more people really thought “all the dlc characters have colors that correspond to the SMRPG stars” was a bigger deal than the SMRPG video. Not saying the GameStop thing is for sure a leak but the complete dismissal and mental gymnastics to shut it out is on the level of people trying to rationalize other random characters being locks for the FP.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So I was just thinking it over, and I think we might have enough evidence at this point to conclusively support the idea that Geno will be CP7, as well as when he'll be released. Now of course there's no guarentee that things will play out this way, nor do I believe it absolutely will. This is just speculative based on what we know.
Smash Speculation is no stranger to theories pertaining to specific dates and times. Usually we expect there to be a Smash character reveal during each Nintendo Direct or E3 conference, and sometimes we try and tie reveals into anniversaries or other significant dates. Now usually these kinds of theories tend to be complete bunk, most notably with anniversary dates. But one specific theory has so far been very reliable when it comes to pinning down when the next character will be released, and that is Amiibo Theory.

Amiibo Theory posits that each new wave of amiibos coincides with the release of a Challenger Pack (DLC Fighter), and so far it's managed to hold strong. Just about every single DLC Fighter released for Ultimate has come out within a month of these amiibo waves.
  • Wave 12 was released worldwide on February 15th, 2019. The first DLC Fighter, Piranha Plant, was released 17 days earlier on January 29th, 2019 for free for players who pre-purchased the digital version or registered their physical version, and was made available for purchase for everyone else on February 1st, 2019, 15 days prior to Wave 12's release.
  • Wave 13 was released on April 12th, 2019. Joker was released on April 17th, 2019, 5 days later.
  • Wave 14 was released on July 19th, 2019 in Japan and Europe, and July 26th, 2019 in the US. Hero was released on July 30th, 2019, 11 days prior to the Japanese and European release of Wave 14, and 4 days prior to the North American release.
  • Wave 15 was released on September 20th, 2019. Banjo & Kazooie were released on September 4th, 2019, 16 days prior to wave 15's release.
  • Wave 16 was released on November 8th, 2019 in Japan, and November 15th, 2019 in other western regions. Terry was released on November 6th, 2019, 2 days prior to the Japanese release of Wave 16, and 9 days after the western release.
  • Wave 17 was released on January 17th, 2020. Byleth was released on January 28th, 2020, 11 days later.
The only exception to this pattern so far is Min Min, who did not release alongside a new wave of amiibos. However, Wave 18 was revealed during her reveal presentation.

Based on this theory, it's easy to come to the conclusion that the next DLC Fighter, Challenger Pack 7, will be releasing some time around when the next amiibo wave is to come. So when will Wave 18 drop? Well, Wave 18 is set to release on September 25th, 2020 in Japan and Europe, October 2nd, 2020 in North America, and a tentative Fall 2020 for other regions. This pegs CP7 for a September-October release. Personally I believe it will more than likely be a September release than an October one, and that's because...
Similar to DLC Fighters typically releasing within a month of an amiibo wave's release, the amount of time in between each DLC Fighter's reveal and release also follows a somewhat consistent pattern.
  • Piranha Plant was revealed on November 1st, 2018 and released approximately 3 months later on January 29th, 2019 for free for players who pre-purchased the digital version or registered their physical version, and February 1st, 2019 for everyone else.
  • Joker was revealed during TGAs on December 6th, 2018, and released on April 12th, 2019, approximately 4 months after his reveal and 2 and a half months after Piranha Plant's release.
  • Hero as revealed during Nintendo's E3 Nintendo Direct on June 11th, 2019, and released on July 30th, 2019, approximately 1 and a half months later.
  • Banjo & Kazooie were also revealed during Nintendo's E3 Nintendo Direct on June 11th, 2019, and released on September 4th, 2019, approximately 3 months after their reveal and 1 month after Hero's release.
  • Terry was revealed during a Nintendo Direct on September 4th, 2019, and released on November 6th, 2019, approximately 2 months later.
  • Byleth was revealed on January 16th, 2020, and released on January 28th, 2020, 12 days after their reveal and approximately 3 months after Terry's release.
Once again, the sole outlier here is Min Min, whose series was revealed during a Nintendo Direct Mini on March 26, 2020, but was officially revealed on June 22nd, 2020 and saw release the following week on June 29th, 2020. However, if the upcoming amiibo wave's release date means anything, it's likely that this pattern is going to continue with the release of CP7.
Now I'm sure you're all wondering what this has to do with Geno specifically. Well, here's where we get to that. I'm sure a lot of you are all aware of just how much circumstantial evidence there is thus far regarding Geno's chances. There's a reason we have The List after all. But one thing I've always found interesting is how a lot of these bits of info seem to relate to the month of July.
  • The Mii Costume List, the list that correctly leaked all of Banjo's Mii Costume Wave sans Sans, and that also had Mallow and Smithy listed as costumes, was first shown off in private to people like PapaGenos in July 2019.
  • The copyright takedowns by Nintendo of the two Super Mario RPG music tracks, Beware The Forest's Mushrooms and Fight Against An Armed Boss, also happened in July 2019.
  • When Hero was revealed in late July 2019, Geno's Mii Costume, as well as the Chocobo Hat, were suspiciously absent from Hero's Mii Costume Wave.
While this may just be a coincidence, July seemed to be a very busy time with regards to Geno rumors and possible evidence cropping up. You may also be wondering why this is so significant, and that's because...
This potential timeline is very similar to the circumstances surrounding Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion into Ultimate. In an interview done by gameindustry.biz with Craig Duncan, the current head of Rare Studios, it was revealed that development for Banjo & Kazooie began right after E3 2018.

"Minecraft had paved the way for that relationship between Nintendo and Microsoft. I met with Nintendo at the E3 before we announced it. And then we connected our teams, because we thought it seemed like a great opportunity.
We had an initial kick off call with Sakurai-san and some of his team. There was myself, Gregg Mayles... who is the father of Banjo, even though he hates it when we call him that. Andrew Wensley, who runs our business team. And a chap called Paul Cunningham, who runs our partnerships. Those people had a conversation, [Nintendo] talked through what their approach would be, and then that process started.
And then a year goes by of sharing animatics and ideas and character concepts. It was a back-and-forth. We ended up with something that was really great. But the execution came from the Smash team."
With regards to Ultimate, E3 is typically when big Smash reveals happen. E3 2018 revealed Daisy and Ridley, two highly requested characters. As mentioned earlier, Banjo & Kazooie were revealed during Nintendo's E3 2019 Nintendo Direct. If E3 2020 hadn't been canceled, there's a good chance that Geno could've been revealed there, which would've fit perfectly as an E3 reveal given his immense popularity with Smash fans as well as his status as a seemingly impossible character, two things he has in common with the likes of Ridley and Banjo.

This is further bolstered by an interesting quote from former Rare and current Playtonic composer Grant Kirkhope during a VGC interview regarding Banjo & Kazooie's reveal:

“They were surprised by how crazy it went. The E3 reveal seemed to be gigantic. When I was speaking to Nintendo back at their booth at E3, they were all saying it was a bigger reaction than they’re normally used to for Smash. So Nintendo did recognize that it was a big deal. They were surprised. And we all were: it was such a huge release for all those fans who’ve been waiting so long for a new game.”

If Nintendo had taken note of how big of a reveal someone like Banjo was for Smash, and perhaps wished to replicate that kind of reaction at next year's E3, then a highly requested character like Geno would certainly fit the bill, would he not?
Of course, E3 2020 was canceled due to Covid-19 concerns, and all of the big players decided to host their own live events to reveal their new content... all except for Nintendo, who hasn't revealed much in terms of new games. In fact, aside from 4 games of which we've known the existence of for some time yet know little-to-nothing about, after Paper Mario: The Origarmi Killer is released, there will be no new Nintendo games to look forward to that we know of.

However, according to numerous insiders, it appears that Nintendo is planning to announce a Nintendo Direct for the 20th of July to reveal their upcoming projects, projects which Nintendo has officially stated are on schedule for release. More specifically, this Direct will allegedly feature their plans to celebrate Mario's 35th anniversary.

Now what does this have to do with Geno? Well, despite being owned by SquareEnix, Geno is still considered a Mario series character, as evidenced by Ultimate's series classification of his Spirit. If someone like Geno were to be revealed to be coming to Smash, and an E3 reveal is currently off the table, a celebration of Mario's 35 years would certainly be a fitting venue for such reveal, would it not?
Taking all of this into account, we can begin to piece together a potential timeline for Geno's inclusion as CP7.
  1. It's E3 2019, and Banjo & Kazooie are reveal to widespread acclaim. Nintendo are completely taken aback by the reaction to this reveal. They legitimately did not expect people to get as excited over this reveal as they did. This no doubt translated into plenty of purchases of his Challenger Pack and the Fighters Pass as a whole. It is then decided that, come next E3, they would replicate this kind of reaction with another fan-requested character.
  2. July 2019, Nintendo decides upon Geno as this next big fan-requested character, and begins taking steps to develop him. This includes excluding his Mii Costume from Hero's Mii Costume Wave, as well as choosing the two songs they wish to include with him, whilst taking down the most popular and visible uploads of these songs for good measure.
  3. They begin to develop him throughout the next year for an E3 2020 reveal/release as part of their 35th anniversary celebration for the Mario series, but due to Covid-19, and possible complications regarding Min Min's weird playstyle, those plans fell through. Their plans changed to a July reveal instead.
  4. July 20th, 2020, Geno is revealed as Challenger Pack 7. His release is scheduled for some time in September, approximately 2 months out from his reveal and within a month of the release of the next wave of amiibos.

Let me know what you guys think about this.

CaptainFalconDon'tGiveMeHope.png

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
So apparently something interesting came up in regards to Paper Mario and it's characters. https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/interviews/paper-mario-origami-king/.

TL;DR: IS isn't allowed to make unique characters out of already established characters in the Mario Setting (like Goombario or Goombella), and while they can make wholly new characters that don't borrow design elements from the Mario Universe (Origami twins or stationery bosses); they can't keep on reusing them in the future (they're forced to be one offs).

And apparently this isn't just Nintendo controlling Paper Mario really hard either. According to this comment by a deleted insider at resetera from back in 2018 (this was made in a topic where people were wondering why Waluigi isn't in WarioWare).

Here's the truth:

Nintendo has a quality assurance team whose goal is to make sure that all of the characters and worlds stay consistent. It was established after the early Wii era...people like Miyamoto noticed around 2009-ish that Nintendo contractors like Camelot / Alphadream / Intelligent Systems were getting a little too liberal with their interpretations of the Mario IP...so now they watch over everything and establish standards.

It's this team that prevents Waluigi from appearing outside of sports games.

It's pretty much everything related to the Mario IP. AKA it's likely that this team also decides which Mario characters are allowed into Smash as spirits, mii costumes, assist trophies, and fighters. And considering that they're still being reluctant with allowing unique characters to return in future entries or giving them bigger roles in the rest of the Mario IP; I won't lie when I say it makes me a little hesitant on Geno's chances, so far every playable Mario character has had an appearance in multiple different mainline Mario games, so that may be the team's criteria for who gets to be playable or not. Waluigi for example is entirely relegated to spin-offs.

Hopefully Sakurai manages to convince this Mario IP team to let him add characters like Geno or Waluigi as playable characters this time, and maybe they end up seeing how much unique characters matter a lot to people and bring things like unique NPC/partner designs back.
Oh my god, I'm so LIVID right now.
I'm sorry, but this is so unfair to Waluigi fans.
We get to have our favorite purple cheater appear on a yearly basis, but still get treated the same way as one-off Mario characters?!!

No, just no.

At least with Geno you could argue that his long absence from the main stage is because of Square Enix.
But here's a guy whose 100% Nintendo, yet still manage to go on for 20 ****ing years with no meaningful showing in his own series, because of 'consistency' issues, meanwhile Luigi gets to introduce 300 new types of ghost species other than the main stays Boos, and Mario gets to fight a Darksouls boss in Odyssey.

Consistency my ass, what a BS reason to remove unique characters.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I just think it’s weird that people are completely dismissing the gamestop video when many of the same people would jump all over complete reaches and vague coincidences as being clear evidence for certain characters in the past. Anyone remember how Dante was seen as a shoe in for FP5? Or how people were sure Master Chief was going to be the E3 reveal last year? Like more people really thought “all the dlc characters have colors that correspond to the SMRPG stars” was a bigger deal than the SMRPG video. Not saying the GameStop thing is for sure a leak but the complete dismissal and mental gymnastics to shut it out is on the level of people trying to rationalize other random characters being locks for the FP.
I don't normally post here, so don't y'all go killing me now, but if I may have a voice of opposition for a moment here.

We know that the video was recorded sometime in June, considering the actress, Pamela, has been in the hospital since the beginning of the month.

To assume that the video means something would mean that there would have to have been a Direct planned for June that somehow got delayed, which seems odd. People over on ResetEra, supposedly, said that stuff for Min Min, like Renders, Screenshots, etc, were sent a day/mere hours ahead to get journalists to prepare them for the drop and have videos/articles ready to promote her. By this logic, this would mean that Nintendo would have had to send the Geno stuff, only for last minute to pull the Direct and delay it until sometime in July.

I think Geno has a fine shot, but this video was undeniably filmed earlier than July, and in that case, why would they send the Press stuff early when they don't do that? We have to assume that this would be a last, LAST minute cancellation, and by then, Nintendo would risk a huge leak chances by giving this stuff to the Press to hang on for over a month.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Man if we are really getting a new F-Zero, that would be unbelieveably amazing.

I never even played an F-Zero game, but people have doubted we would ever get a new game that the idea of getting one has just become a meme. The fact we might finally get a new F-Zero is just incredible.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
"Geno's TOTALLY Fighter 77"

"Issac is TOTALLY in the base game!"

I've seen this song and dance before. If we don't set our expectations realistically, we might suffer a worse fallout then the Issac fanbase did post Grinch.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

I've seen this song and dance before. If we don't set our expectations realistically, we might suffer a worse fallout then the Issac fanbase did post Grinch.
You could be so many things and yet you choose to be the no fun allowed robot.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Waluigi can't be referenced in mainline Mario games? What's this, then?

I really don't think those "limitations" set in the Mario universe really apply to any Mario franchise aside from Paper Mario at this point.

It's day and night looking at games like Super Mario Odyssey, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mario Tennis Aces, LOZ BOTW, and Origami King. All of the former examples were constructed with fan feedback highly kept in mind, and it was even said in a few interviews that Miyamoto had barely any input in Odyssey.

The only Nintendo series that's still following that archaic design philosophy seems to be Paper Mario, and only because Tanabe has his head so far up his ass. If you actually do your research, the man mainly responsible for the Paper Marios of old (Ryota Kawade) had zero involvement in Sticker Star, Color Splash, and now Origami King.

It's just baffling that higher-up Nintendo allows Tanabe to produce the Paper Mario series when they've seen multiple times how angry he makes the fans with his tone deaf PR statements and enforcing dumb rules on the Paper Mario series to make the games less unique.

vivala

Smash Journeyman

I mean, I don't think anyone's nearly as adamant about this as they were about Grinch, nor does anyone seem too angry about people believing or not believing it. Until we start seeing team real and team fake crop up again, I think we're good.

That being said, managing expectations is still totally important, and I'll be fine (albeit disappointed) if Geno's not announced Monday (or at all).

Powerman293

Smash Ace
You could be so many things and yet you choose to be the no fun allowed robot.
I want Geno. He's surpassed Sora as my most wanted character. But I know how this sub will react if he's not the next fighter given the various "signs". We can talk about how much we love the character and he's great, but at the end of the day, Geno's fanbase has survived by being resilient. And we need to continue that with the next character(s) if we don't want this to collapse.

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
Here's the thing.

This new Gamestop video leak thing... it's fun to talk about and dissect. And it has a lot of merit depending on how things turn out. But after giving it a good close look... I personally think it was more of a semantic slip-up than a true leak. I'm still not convinced either way to be honest, but that's where I'm leaning.

HOWEVER, that doesn't impact the great deal of evidence and suspicious coincidences that have piled up in favor of Geno. We have reason to believe that we're in a very, very good position here.

Hold fast, ladies and gentlemen. Our boy's getting in by the end of all this.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I want Geno. He's surpassed Sora as my most wanted character. But I know how this sub will react if he's not the next fighter given the various "signs". We can talk about how much we love the character and he's great, but at the end of the day, Geno's fanbase has survived by being resilient. And we need to continue that with the next character(s) if we don't want this to collapse.
I understand what you mean, but we had a talk about hyping responsibly the other day, and with that, I saw some people are able to do that, and won't be disappointed. Maybe some won't, but I don't think there is much to worry about. I mean, yes, we are getting too excited, but regardless, I think we can handle ourselves for the most part. We're not some rabid fanbase who will be toxic directly after a possible Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom