• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Now, with us: The List 2.0.0 (Nintendo Direct Edition) courtesy of Polarthief Polarthief View attachment 278779
Awww yiss, The List™2's Electric Boogaloo up in here.

Just one thing about the "Stuff Nintendo did" section... Where's the "tournament being early" come from? Just checked, and the last few tournaments have been for 3 days, starting on a Friday, and this new one doesn't seem to be any different according to the Twitter post.
It's starting today. At least that's what Paraspikey Paraspikey told me. Idk man, over half the **** I compile usually comes from him.

What did he mean by this?

It means we won, gg. I love that we got a credible leak for him while I'm half asleep cuz I got not even 4h of sleep gosh dangit.

Oh well, it's already on the list (and I'm gonna add The List™ 2). GG guys, let's get to 3k before Monday!

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well, that's just my take on it.

I think Geno has a fine shot, but I don't buy this video as a credible leak in the slightest. There's too many logical loopholes you have to jump through in favor of it confirming Geno, be it a supposed cancelled Direct at the last minute, to no one on Gamestop's staff catching the error and uploading it anyway, while also keeping said video up for now 3 days and not making a big deal of it.

You got it all wrong, and here is my very in-depth and very serious explanation (super duper serious!) as to why:

You used the wrong image. You use this one. :happysheep: Okay, I'll let you go now. Thanks for visiting!

D

Deleted member

What did he mean by this?

I think GameXplain got some inside info, but there is a very good chance he might be playing along with the question. I don’t think GameXplain would ever flat out say a character is happening. Is this even real?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Is this real? I don't know if Andre would do something like that. Leaking something that big would likely hurt GameXplain's relationship with Nintendo. Could've just been joking, but who knows
I think GameXplain got some inside info, but there is a very good chance he might be playing along with the question. I don’t think GameXplain would ever flat out say a character is happening. Is this even real?
Anyone wondering if it's real, yes, it was actually posted by him on his verified account. He could just be joking around or something, but it was in fact a legit post from him, not photoshopped or anything.

Attachments

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Is this real? I don't know if Andre would do something like that. Leaking something that big would likely hurt GameXplain's relationship with Nintendo. Could've just been joking, but who knows
The pessimist in me thinks that the wording implies the costume rather than Geno himself

QQS

Smash Lord
The puzzle is coming full Square. I will realize my 100% bet on Geno was/is always worth. The puppet I remember when I was 6 years will reborn in my mind being 30 years now.

When the trailer drops, it will be the most amazing thing I have ever seen on the Internet. Been waiting for this moment since Smash 64. But a proper demand since Brawl, as many of you.

For me he is in, regardless of recent news. He has always been planed for FP2. Geno will awake after the long 24 years of sleep.

There is no way Sakurai, Nintendo and Square won’t make this character playable after all the demand, all the years, FF and DQ already in Smash, the Big Others are already in.

There are only a few MUST and Geno is on the top of those. It’s his time to shine.

Geno in Smash will make me revive the feeling of my inner child. My most wanted character in my favorite game ever which I have played all my life in all Smash games.

This is it. Geno will awake.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Anyone wondering if it's real, yes, it was actually posted by him on his verified account. He could just be joking around or something, but it was in fact a legit post from him, not photoshopped or anything.
O.o Why the hell would he risk Gamxplains relationship with Nintendo like that if Geno is truly next o.O Covering Nintendo is like their bread and butter

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Andre I feel is having fun with this. His response is open ended. "He is! in Fighter Pack 7" means nothing. It is a non answer to the question. I wouldn't read into this too hard gang.

EDIT: He is not saying he is a challenger or a Mii Costume. Just that he is...in fighter pack 7.

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I think it's just Andre being cheeky. Someone asked him to say Geno's in, so he said Geno's in. I know the GX crew have hinted things before, but this feels a little too direct for someone who depends on a good relationship with Nintendo.

But hey, at least he's giving us more to speculate on so we can steam ahead to 3000 pages. Thanks, Andre!

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Ladies and gentlemen; fellow Genobros. When two remarks such as these coincide, there's simply no way that hype can be tamed. If these remarks are indeed LEGITIMATE (not doctored, photoshoped, etc.), I feel the time has come to board the Hype Train (for reals).:2gud:
My dude, xpnc xpnc post is about Banjo...from last year...

D

Deleted member

If Shinobi out of nowhere hint Geno, that would be a different story... if only we got that...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Can't explain it, but that Andre post is giving me The Fear that he's a Mii Costume again. It doesn't make sense, I know, but The Fear cares not.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
My dude, xpnc xpnc post is about Banjo...from last year...
*shakily puts on bifocal lens*

Hmm...?

*notices the post is in fact the one made prior to Banjo & Kazooie's reveal back in 2019*

God ******! :mad:

*moments later*

Aye, you're right. I miss-read the post. Hard to keep a clear mind in these times. :ohwell:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yeah... that wording could indicate the costume (if he is serious that is) I´m not gonna lie

vivala

Smash Journeyman
If you’re implying costume, there are no Mii Costumes in the fighter packs
Still, I could see someone conflating "announced/released with FP 7" with "in FP7", even someone as in the loop as Andre. But hey, here's hoping!

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The only things that come in fighter packs are fighters, stages, spirits, and music. Geno is not a music or stage, and already has a spirit. So either he's the fighter, or Andre's messing around.
We are always getting Mii Costumes with the fighters though which in essence could count as "inclusion"

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
See the fact that there's such a fire in everyone's hearts now and Geno is being chatted up by EVERYONE this close to our supposed impending Direct makes me think he is indeed in

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Another note, Costumes are NOT apart of any challenger pack. Just the Fighter, Stage and Music.

AGAIN, he gave a non answer and was more than likely joking.

EDIT: You could argue that costumes do come along side the packs, but I do not think the energy needs to be put towards this gang.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Most likely explanation: Andre is exercising exact words since the other person flat-out asked to be told Geno was in--in which case, this doesn't really matter.

Most wanted explanation: Andre is correct and will use the "exact words" thing to defend himself if Nintendo sees this.

Least wanted explanation: The costume will be brought back alongside Challenger Pack 7.

Most humorous explanation: Geno is in but Andre doesn't know that, and will be put in an awkward situation when he is revealed.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Also there's technically no such thing as a "Fighter Pack 7" since they're all called "Challenger Pack #"

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My guess is with the wording, he either means the costume or he isn't serious. I sincerely doubt he'd risk his livelihood to straight-out say that. Shinobi was being dodgy about it; therefore, this is not comparable.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I seriously doubt the costume would be returning. There's a chance, but I doubt it. Geno's one of the last really big heavy hitters for Smash requests and I don't think they're going to do the Mii Costume twice.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like he's joking around. "Tell me he's coming" doesn't mean that Andre actually knows about it - he's just telling the person what they asked to be told.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Something feels off... André wouldn't have hinted at a Direct happening soon and Geno as Fighter #7.

...I don't think this means anything, as André never leaks anything. Plus his wording was weirdly vague and strange.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
My guess is with the wording, he either means the costume or he isn't serious. I sincerely doubt he'd risk his livelihood to straight-out say that. Shinobi was being dodgy about it; therefore, this is not comparable.
Pretty much this

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I doubt Andre would just randomly leak something like that.

It's out of character for him.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
If he actually knew Geno was in as DLC 7, he probably wouldn't say something like that. Seems too risky to me, especially when you're basically best buds with Nintendo

Ether he doesn't know anything and just playing around, or he does know who 7 is and it isn't Geno. Personally leaning on the former

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom