• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
I seriously doubt Andre’s being serious. There’s no way he’d give that direct of an answer if Geno’s actually coming. Really just seems to be joking around.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
For the message from Andre, he's just screwing around with people by using the 7 theory. There's also the fact that he would be on an NDA if he knew that Geno would come as either a fighter or Mii costume, meaning he would just not be allowed to say it.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
OK I just thought of something and it is hilarious. What if this is indeed our "Shinobi" moment. He did not technically say Geno in his response. So technically, he never leaked it.

I know I said not to put energy into this, but that is all I will do on it and believe it was a joke.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
OK I just thought of something and it is hilarious. What if this is indeed our "Shinobi" moment. He did not technically say Geno in his response. So technically, he never leaked it.

I know I said not to put energy into this, but that is all I will do on it and believe it was a joke.
That would be some next level lawyer speak.

But at the same time, its clear the context refers to Geno.

I am left thinking that this is just a joke though. Andre being this blunt with a leak would be grounds for termination.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
This is... almost an exact repeat of last year's E3 when it came to Banjo's reveal

Last minute leads, last minute developments that could hurt his chances, a certain energy in the air as everyone starts to get fired up. People joking around about said character's chances, soaring highs and crushing lows....

This is going to be an interesting few days, guys

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
what? No, I was pointing out he said fighter pack 7, you know, the fighter pack we dont know if its even happening yet

tldr: pretty sure he was joking
You’re confusing “pack” and “pass”. We all alternate between calling each individual character “Challenger Pack” and “Fighter Pack”. He didn’t say Fighter Pass 7, he said Fighter Pack 7.

He’s probably being coy though yeah, as he’s literally doing what the person asked.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
That would be some next level lawyer speak.

But at the same time, its clear the context refers to Geno.

I am left thinking that this is just a joke though. Andre being this blunt with a leak would be grounds for termination.
It really would be next level if it was that. I agree, just a simple joke and no way in hell Andre would want to risk what he worked so hard to gain for GameXplain.

Also, MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny It really is feeling like that and it is wild haha.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just remember guys.

For every Hero and Banjo, there's a Dante.

Not every thing like this leads to a positive.

Personally I find it odd that Geno would be an E3 reveal. I was thinking that if included, he'd be later in the pass.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
For the love of Christ people. Mii costumes are not in fighter packs at all. They're revealed in character presentations, yes. But they're sold separately from the actual pack. If Geno did come back as a costume alongside the challenger 7 presentation, Geno would still not be part of FP7. You basically have to stretch his words to the point where they wouldn't be his words anymore to imply this meant a costume. Whether it was a joke or not is another topic, but this would be an awfully cruel, indirect and basically wrong way to say a character is coming back as a costume.

Sometimes you guys baffle me...

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not that I am doubting it, but why would Andre joke like that? Why would he even say something like that to begin with?

QQS

Smash Lord
200 persons viewing the thread. About 12 pages to page 3.000. Intense days before character #7 and #8 in a potential double reveal.

GENO GATHERS THE SEVEN STARS!

MattX20

Smash Hero
For the love of Christ people. Mii costumes are not in fighter packs at all. They're revealed in character presentations, yes. But they're sold separately from the actual pack. If Geno did come back as a costume alongside the challenger 7 presentation, Geno would still not be part of FP7. You basically have to stretch his words to the point where they wouldn't be his words anymore to imply this meant a costume. Whether is was a joke or not is another topic, but this would be an awfully cruel, indirect and basically wrong way to say a character is coming back as a costume.

With the Nintendo Direct just a few days away, tensions and emotions are high right now. This is more or less the endgame

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not that I am doubting it, but why would Andre joke like that? Why would he even say something like that to begin with?
Someone posted someone along the lines of "Someone end my pain and tell me Geno is in."

Or something like that.

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
Boy, this impending direct can't come soon enough. In the meantime, let's all take a deep breath and listen to the Super Mario RPG OST on repeat for a little while...

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The thing is.... A) Shinobi were more subtle with his wording B) Andre unlike Shinobi risk his entire career if this is real, no matter if he is costume or character when they reveal the next character

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
For the love of Christ people. Mii costumes are not in fighter packs at all. They're revealed in character presentations, yes. But they're sold separately from the actual pack. If Geno did come back as a costume alongside the challenger 7 presentation, Geno would still not be part of FP7. You basically have to stretch his words to the point where they wouldn't be his words anymore to imply this meant a costume. Whether is was a joke or not is another topic, but this would be an awfully cruel, indirect and basically wrong way to say a character is coming back as a costume.

THIS. ****ING HELL YOU PEOPLE.

There is literally no way this is referring to a costume. I cannot even begin to fathom why anyone would assume that. This is utterly absurd.

He's probably just joking around anyway. No way he would flush his career down the toilet like that.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
this account was created around the same time as the other one and uses the same email as other official accounts. More evidence of something coming soon.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Unlike Nintendo's smash hit all stars Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer
Neither were the main draw of their respective E3s.

Gotta remember they were paired up with Mega Man and Pac-Man.

So Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer are more akin to Min Min.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Neither were the main draw of their respective E3s.

Gotta remember they were paired up with Mega Man and Pac-Man.

So Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer are more akin to Min Min.
Pac-Man was revealed in a closed journalists-only panel the evening after Nintendo's E3 direct

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pac-Man was revealed in a closed journalists-only panel the evening after Nintendo's E3 direct
Still part of the E3 reveal.

If that somehow doesn't count then I can say Wii Fit Trainer was a floor reveal and can't be used as an example either.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Still part of the E3 reveal.

If that somehow doesn't count then I can say Wii Fit Trainer was a floor reveal and can't be used as an example either.
I don't know how you could feasibly say that a closed journalist only event was the main draw of an E3 where hundreds of thousands of people saw Palutena live first

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Guys i just watched the new papagenos video in which the gamestop video was on the description. I opened it and said me that the video is private
That printer company who people suspected that the "grinch leaker" worked out took down their video after it got stormed by Smash speculator, so I would not take it as "proof"

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know how you could feasibly say that a closed journalist only event was the main draw of an E3 where hundreds of thousands of people saw Palutena live first
E3 is more than the direct.

It's the entire conference.

D

Deleted member

this account was created around the same time as the other one and uses the same email as other official accounts. More evidence of something coming soon.
Imagine if there’s gonna be a new F-Zero game and it’s a mobile game... at least that’s something right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
They make a comment, is just the spirit
Spirit was never announced nor were people excited for it.
This was recorded in June, likely when Geno was meant to be announced.

If they wanted it to make any sense besides a quick cop out, they would of said "Costume".

It's clearly a cover up and I dont think it's a tinfoil "theory".

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
it seems it was private for like 1 min, since it was private when I checked too but now I can view it.
Whatever they did, it doesn't show up on their main channel anymore unless you search for it

E3 is more than the direct.

It's the entire conference.
Well I guess we don't need to worry about that because the upcoming direct is decidedly is not for E3, it's for Mario's 35th anniversary

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Andre's post is just very strange to me. The rational part of me wants to just dismiss it as your average ****post with no real substance or weight to it, but the ******** part of me wants to hype it up like no tomorrow.

Either way, I don't care much about it because Geno has enough evidence supporting him to fill the Mariana Trench with. Or as brainless out of context Discord me would put it:

Screenshot_20200716_214358.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom