• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Okay, which day do you think Nintendo is going to drop the announcement for Monday's Direct: Thursday or Friday?
Most likely Friday 17th just like the Smash bros ARMS presentation last month.
It's already odd to see a ND announced 3 days in advance instead of the usual 1 day in advance but since it's after the weekend it makes sense...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I just heard some bad news. My parents were out shopping earlier and they got a call from my aunt that my uncle just died. Covid took him. I wish this damn virus would disappear.
Hope he's resting well on the other side, Max. :( I'm so sorry.

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
So I just heard some bad news. My parents were out shopping earlier and they got a call from my aunt that my uncle just died. Covid took him. I wish this damn virus would disappear.
I am deeply sorry to hear that, may he rest in peace. If you need someone to talk to, we are here for you.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Most likely Friday 17th just like the Smash bros ARMS presentation last month.
It's already odd to see a ND announced 3 days in advance instead of the usual 1 day in advance but since it's after the weekend it makes sense...
I thought they did it a day prior? They announced that far out? I don't remember that. That'd be dope though, the weekend is gonna be wild with speculation. Let's just hope they don't the cheeky "No Smash content will be announced" in the tweet. Lmao

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
yikes. That sucks to hear man :( I just wish we could get some good news from this year. covid is terrifying with how prevalant it is becoming in the us.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
My condolences, man. It's sad to see so many people going away because of this virus.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Sorry to hear that.

Here's to hoping the virus dies off sooner rather than later.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's very sad to hear. Hope the rest of your family can stay safe from the virus.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Heard the news on Discord and felt the need to come here. Goddamn, I'm sorry... my sincere condolences. Covid-19 has claimed too many innocent lives and anyone can be its next casualty. I'm deeply sad that it has to take away any lives, let alone one of a friend's family member. You have my full support, dude, this is tragic. Stay safe.

People, DM Sigran and see if he is okay.... A fellow Geno fan needs support
I will. Sigran is good fella and I hope everything is fine with him.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I would like to share something that happened to me today: there is a guy who is one of my favorite youtubers (who speaks Spanish) who made a post about the sakurai column and how it implies that Fighter Pass 2 will be the end of Ultimate Well, in your Facebook post I commented this in Spanish, because my native language is Spanish:
Screenshot_2020-07-15-19-48-13.png

Translation: "I only want a thing at this point".
Shout Out to QQS QQS for giving me that Geno photo and thank to whoever make the draw. Well then later i return to Facebook and like you can see the draw has a Heart, which was given by the same person who made the draw. He don't know nothing about Geno, back in base game speculation he asked why people want geno (He don't hate he, just don't know about because he haven't played SMRPG, even he said he will play it case that is launched.in NSO) This was something i just want to talk about

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Okay, which day do you think Nintendo is going to drop the announcement for Monday's Direct: Thursday or Friday?
Well, since Thursday feels a tad too early and they typically don't announce Directs on weekends, I'd say Friday is the most likely.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So guys, don't get too excited because this could easily just be a case of GameStop using a poor choice of words and really bad research on their part. I know the phrase is old at this point but: "Take it with a grain of salt" ... BUT GameStop may have made an oopsie

In one of their game overviews (Those videos they usually play in-store on those little TVs) for Origami King. They spoke about Mario RPG and how it led to Paper Mario as a series... and she says those magic words: "Everyone freaked out when Geno was announced for Smash!"

Since Covid messed everything up, its entirely possible that Geno was supposed to have been revealed by now and these being recorded in advanced with information that was supposed to go out at a certain time and yeah you see where I'm going

But again, the more likely explanation is that they just took the spirit inclusion to mean something more than it was and they just flubbed their research and used poor wording

Still.. it sure is something when even GameStop is talking about our boi

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
So guys, don't get too excited because this could easily just be a case of GameStop using a poor choice of words and really bad research on their part. I know the phrase is old at this point but: "Take it with a grain of salt" ... BUT GameStop may have made an oopsie

In one of their game overviews (Those videos they usually play in-store on those little TVs) for Origami King. They spoke about Mario RPG and how it led to Paper Mario as a series... and she says those magic words: "Everyone freaked out when Geno was announced for Smash!"

Since Covid messed everything up, its entirely possible that Geno was supposed to have been revealed by now and these being recorded in advanced with information that was supposed to go out at a certain time and yeah you see where I'm going

But again, the more likely explanation is that they just took the spirit inclusion to mean something more than it was and they just flubbed their research and used poor wording

To add onto this, a discord user had this to say about the video:
9DF8EB55-D7C4-49CD-A5AC-F9FCE813BF49.png

Like with any piece of potential info, don’t take this as confirmation just yet. But, it’s lookin like our time is upon us...

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sorry to hear that. May he rest well. I do wish this virus would go away as well.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 278592
Like with any piece of potential info, don’t take this as confirmation just yet. But, it’s lookin like our time is upon us...
Oh crap... it’s not confirmed but we must see the potential direct ASAP. That’s eyebrow raising good stuff right there if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I was actually kinda hoping Geno would be leaked just so I'd finally know for sure, but if it turns out he ended up being leaked like this.. I dunno. If this is legitimate? And actually means that Geno is in Smash? Then it's just a flat 'what' kind of situation.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
This is ****ing NUTS, isn't it? GameStop of all things might've accidentally leaked Geno. This doesn't change things much for me, since I'm already pretty convinced that Geno is in and we might be jumping the gun here and this really doesn't mean anything, but HOLY ****-

GENO IS IN!

HOLY ****

ezgif-2-7d821f521062.gif

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

Could be a leak, could be nothing... still very interesting, considering the discovered Mario 35th anniversary twitter account...

Also, gotta remember to call GameStop and ask them if I can pre-order Super Mario RPG for the Nintendo Wii.

MattX20

Smash Hero

View attachment 278592
Well, if this is true, then things are about to get a whole lot more interesting

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice

I'm still not gonna believe it, but it is a little weird that they mentioned Geno and not Mallow if they were talking about spirits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom