• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I still think we may not end up getting a full character with timed hits, maybe only some moves like Smashes instead. I know people want him to have it because "it would accurately portray Mario RPG"; but in general I think timed hits are super tricky to execute properly in a fast paced game like Smash. Sure there are already characters with "timing" mechanics, but usually that is a small part of their kit. That combined with the bad netcode online and the buffer system, would make it pretty annoying to use a character that largely relies on timed hits, especially if the timing is narrow. They could broaden the timing window, but then it they would have to reduce the "power" of timed hits to compensate for it being easy to execute.

Another "wackier" idea I had is if they made Geno a more positioning oriented character. I think Geno would primarily be a character that has a good range, but they can make it so that most of his attacks have sweetspots at certain ranges, differing for each move. If you hit outside of that moves sweetspot, you wouldn't do a whole lot of damage, but if you hit that sweet spot you'd do a whole lot more. Think like Marth, but different ranges for tipper for each attack.

So for example these could be the sweet spots of certain moves:
Geno Whirl: Likely a very fast projectile, that travels a long distance. The spot should be around the end of the move, where it would deal massive damage; however, hitting near the start or the middle wouldn't deal a lot.
Geno Flash: Another projectile with a long range. This one would travel at a slow/medium speed but would likely have a larger hitbox compared to Geno Flash. However, unlike Flash the sweetspot could be around the middle of it's total range rather than at the very end.
Geno Beam: For beam, the sweetspot could be near the base of the attack with the damage dropping off the further away you get from it.

They could also use this as an excuse to make Geno an extremely fast character too. As you would need to rapidly be able to reposition yourself so that you are able to hit your sweetspots. So one second you'd be zoning with the likes of Geno Whirl, and then switching over to approaching and trying to land the Geno Beam up close.
Idk man. Every DLC character except for Byleth has really changed the foundation of Smash in ways I would have never have expected. I'm pretty sure Sakurai could make some sort of timed hit mechanic work, but also not make it totally complicated.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
So, here's something that got revealed this morning
View attachment 278566

A new Mario Monopoly set specifically made to celebrate the 35th anniversary. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first awknowledgment or promotional thing we've had related to said anniversary? There's been stuff like the Lego set and other merch that really implies that Nintendo is trying to push it this year, but I think this is the first real deal thing where "Yep, Mario's 35th is indeed a thing we are celebrating".

Good things be coming soon boys, I can feel it.
I also watched a jenga: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...-celebrate-nintendo-mascots-35th-anniversary/

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, here's something that got revealed this morning
View attachment 278566

A new Mario Monopoly set specifically made to celebrate the 35th anniversary. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first awknowledgment or promotional thing we've had related to said anniversary? There's been stuff like the Lego set and other merch that really implies that Nintendo is trying to push it this year, but I think this is the first real deal thing where "Yep, Mario's 35th is indeed a thing we are celebrating".

Good things be coming soon boys, I can feel it.
Huh, that's the second or third Mario themed Monopoly as far as I can tell

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Huh, that's the second or third Mario themed Monopoly as far as I can tell
I think 2nd? There's two Nintendo Monopolies and one Zelda Monopoly as well. I don't remember any other IP's they made Monopolies off of. Which is weird. They could make one solely off of Mario Kart really easily. Same with Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, or Mario & Luigi. Golf and Tennis too. Really, sometimes the most difficult part is the Railroad replacements.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I think 2nd? There's two Nintendo Monopolies and one Zelda Monopoly as well. I don't remember any other IP's they made Monopolies off of. Which is weird. They could make one solely off of Mario Kart really easily. Same with Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, or Mario & Luigi. Golf and Tennis too. Really, sometimes the most difficult part is the Railroad replacements.
They DID make a Mario Kart one, I've played it. It's...weird to say the least, barely even monopoly to be honest. You do actual races to win coins I think, they actually dropped on the board as well, different characters have different items, Mario was broken as all hell, that's about what I remember about it.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They DID make a Mario Kart one, I've played it. It's...weird to say the least, barely even monopoly to be honest. You do actual races to win coins I think, they actually dropped on the board as well, different characters have different items, Mario was broken as all hell, that's about what I remember about it.
...The board's my favorite part. D:

It helps that it's fun applying new areas to each spot. Plus, the hilarious remakes of the various small cards as is.

Well, that's cool. I would've preferred to see a more classic variation. There's actually a lot of racing types they could change up. Though I don't remember the entire list of vehicle types. I remember the Hang Glider and regular Kart, but what else was there? Some kind of boat variation??

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
After Geno gets confirmed are you guys keeping the Geno hat in your profile pictures? :seuss:
I don't know. I know Geno has been number one for like forever most of ya'll, but he's only my number one because Ridley, K Rool, and Joker got in. I like having the hat to show support for my current most wanted, but once he's in I might change it to support my new number one. I actually need to figure out who that will be. Lloyd and Phoenix Wright are up there, it'll probably be one of them. Maybe I'll put a Lloyd hairdo on Futaba or stick her on a witness stand next.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
...The board's my favorite part. D:

It helps that it's fun applying new areas to each spot. Plus, the hilarious remakes of the various small cards as is.

Well, that's cool. I would've preferred to see a more classic variation. There's actually a lot of racing types they could change up. Though I don't remember the entire list of vehicle types. I remember the Hang Glider and regular Kart, but what else was there? Some kind of boat variation??
No, I meant the coins dropped on the board, not that there WAS no board. It still was a really different version of monopoly though

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
After Geno gets confirmed are you guys keeping the Geno hat in your profile pictures? :seuss:
I think the Geno fanbase has morphed into something else beyond Geno and SMRPG and a lot of people here have been here since at least the beginning of Ultimate. It's a hell of a story and I feel like the testimonials in the aftermath are going to be amazing just because of what the fanbase has been through in these last two years alone: E3 2018, the Seven Squares scandal, the Grinch Leak, Geno getting spirited, Sabi, Erdrick, the music takedowns, Mii Costume Guy, the Geno Mii costume missing, Season 2, the Legacy XP takedown, Corona, the Square spirit events, and a lot more... I've been doing this for more than 15 years and we could actually be in the final 5 days... It's an amazing feeling.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yes because I probably won't be posting here afterwards, seeing as I've mostly stopped posting here anyway.

Also we're now sub 5 days (soon to be sub 4.5d). GG guys, we're in endgame.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Probably not. I'm likely gonna just use an edit with his new Smash render (probably with whatever alt I like the most, here's to hoping for Sailor Cape).

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
For at least a little bit. Granted as of this stage my only supports besides Geno are Lloyd and Wonder Red (RIP). Im pretty much done with the speculating game.

QQS

Smash Lord
I will be in this thread and sharing our Geno playable experiences also. But never rooting again for someone cause there were/there are only Mega Man and Geno. I like more characters like Skull Kid, Zero or Tails/Knuckles but this love is far compared to the Mega Man-Geno love.

I will be looking the thread and commenting and reading you but not with the same desire cause our dream when Geno gets playable, will be already granted. Our goal will be already accomplished. So never rooting for someone else like I did with MM/Geno and completely retired in asking for more.

Im pretty sure Sakurai and the team will do a perfect job and giving Geno what he deserves in this Smash. What he did with others Fan Demand characters and Everyone is Here and Ultimate in general, is already a good reason to be grateful.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I just heard some bad news. My parents were out shopping earlier and they got a call from my aunt that my uncle just died. Covid took him. I wish this damn virus would disappear.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
So I just heard some bad news. My parents were out shopping earlier and they got a call from my aunt that my uncle just died. Covid took him. I wish this damn virus would disappear.
I am... so deeply sorry for you.

You will get through this.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
...It sucks to here that man. Hope you and your family the best.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It all depends if I decided to stick around or not. Whenever Geno gets in, there is really no character that I support who has a chance to get in (Sepiroth and Akira Howard although the former is only because of my sister) so it might feel pointless for me to stick around afterward. If I leave, it's rather self explanatory. If I stay around (wherever that would be), then I doubt it since I like to change around a bit with my profile pics from time to time

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sorry for your loss R RetrogamerMax . May he Rest In Peace.
Dude sorry, i was going to post something funny but i will wait. I hope you aren't sad
Rest in peace to your uncle. Stay safe out here man, and know that we got your back.
I'm sorry to hear it, may he rest in peace. :(
I am so sorry to hear that...
My condolences :(
Thank you guys. I need some time to think. I think I'm going to leave Smashboards for a couple of days so I'll see y'all close to when whether or not we get news about the 20th Direct happening or not.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for your loss...
My condolences.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, which day do you think Nintendo is going to drop the announcement for Monday's Direct: Thursday or Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom