• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
“Very very soon. He finally makes his audience when it opens its eyes.”

For anyone who was wondering what that twitter video said.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

I did not realize that until now, but I did know I did not hear the words "Geno", "Crash" or any other character's name.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I did not know there was a message in that video. Very strange message.

Edit: I had seen it and somehow I did hear any audio the first time.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't think Hotgirl was talking about the next Smash reveal in that video, anyway. Just the next Direct. We all just took it out of context here.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don’t think it hints to anyone in particular honestly. If anything I think it’s a way for this Twitter account to be mysterious.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I didn’t realize people thought that vid was about Smash, I thought it sounded Zelda-y if anything

QQS

Smash Lord
Friends, I just wanted to remind all of you the WHY GENO? video from papagenos papagenos that he made a year ago. This is so beautiful explanation and a pretty piece of story between Nintendo and Square.

Also, I wanna highlight this particular part where he explains that during the Brawl era there was a “Japan Only Poll” where people choose characters for Smash. The top 3 characters were:

1- Sonic
2- Mega Man
3- Geno

Coincidentally, Sonic made it in into Brawl; Mega Man into Wii U; and Geno potentially in Ultimate.

Based on this, I’m pretty sure Sakurai drops these 3 character each one in each Smash release since Brawl. Also you can support this theory cause we already have playable the other people that were face to face with Geno.

So:

Brawl: Sonic (#1 in that poll)
Wii U: Mega Man (#2 in that poll)
Ultimate: Geno (#3 in that poll)

Also we have already playable the 2 characters that were a must to SquareEnix before Geno: Cloud from FF and Hero from DQ. And the rest of the characters that were a must: Ridley, KKR and Banjo-Kazooie. So I don’t see a single reason why Geno won’t make it in this time. It’s fair to add Isaac, Lloyd, Crash and Sora to this list. But let me say in my humble opinion that GENO IS NEXT! (And also Crash is happening 100% for me).

The 25 min video it’s absolutely worth time to refresh history. And a good piece of hope from this upcoming ending that Geno will be indeed playable in Ultimate.

Based on all this + The List from Polarthief Polarthief + The Essay from Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and most notably: the songs copyrighted, the missing costume and the Min Min upgrade; is that I believe he has a 100% chance to be in this time. There is no way Sakurai, Nintendo and Square will break our hearts and hopes with: doing nothing, the old costume or a premium one. It would be just absurd.

I believe he is happening in the next Direct. Best wishes! Our triforce of Geno-Cause leaders will be so happy: Fatmanonice Fatmanonice papagenos papagenos and TerminalMontage TerminalMontage . This character will have a % of all of his faithfully supporters from all the worlds and from all ages.

GENO BOOSTS IN!

EDIT: video picture added:

85A3005E-73C7-407A-88D5-581BB802BA12.jpeg

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Its gonna be sweet if that direct comes this week, though I kind of am in the camp of hoping its gonna be next week like we predicted. My animations sound editing is almost complete.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I don’t think it hints to anyone in particular honestly. If anything I think it’s a way for this Twitter account to be mysterious.
Perhaps. But I can't help but shake the feeling it somewhat relates to Geno. "He (geno) finally makes his audience (us or maybe the dolls present when he possesed the geno doll) when it opens its eyes (it, being the doll)." What else could it be hinting at? Other than that, the only thing that the voice reminds me of is Jhin from League of Legends with the low voice talking about an audience. What purpose would they have for making a voice clip editted like that? So weird.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTJquhSWrYM
I found this while browsing for "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" remixes. I'm fairly certain this is a fan remix, but I can't tell whether this is the source for it or if it was taken from somewhere else.
This track has come up before and I recall one of the users who did an extensive search to figure out the origin of it. The results were inconclusive about the original source for this particular track. This was done quite some time ago and I don't recall all the details.
Yeah, I posted about this last year

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/post-23470905

The TL;DR is that there was some kind of SMRPG orchestrated album with 5 tracks, and that version seems to be on that album. I have no idea if it was an official release or not.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I did not realize that until now, but I did know I did not hear the words "Geno", "Crash" or any other character's name.
I don´t think it's related to Smash tbh (if its related to something that is going to be shown that is.) I went back to the Breath of The Wild 2 reveal trailer. The way that twitter clip is worded, and all that jazz... it feels as it comes straight out of Legend of Zelda concidering there are some dark mysterious forces that are clearly being "revived" in the sequel..

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I don't think Hotgirl was talking about the next Smash reveal in that video, anyway. Just the next Direct. We all just took it out of context here.
Crazy and absolutely stupid theory: it actually is a Smash character, and it's someone from Silent Hill or something. That totally sounds like something from a psychological horror game or something.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Crazy and absolutely stupid theory: it actually is a Smash character, and it's someone from Silent Hill or something. That totally sounds like something from a psychological horror game or something.
Pyramid Head confirmed. Things are about to get gory.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So something I've wanted to take some time to talk about for awhile now and haven't really found a good time to since I beat the game about a month ago is the game this thread is actually supposed to be about, Super Mario RPG. I figured that since I'm kind of in a bit of a downer mood about the state of the Mario RPG's in general at the moment due to Origami King, and the fact that it really feels like we are in a "calm before the storm" kind of moment where it seems this drought of Nintendo news might finally be coming to end an in a week from now, and could very well bring Geno with it if the past year of speculation pays off.

I think it's a good idea to take a step back, bring in some positive energy, and talk about the entire reason all of us are even in this thread in the first place. I'm not entirely sure how to start this or structure it, maybe we could just talk about what we each specifically love about the game, maybe we could make it a thing where for the next 7 days we talk about a different aspect of the game each day? I'm just kind of spitballing here, what do you guys think?
I've been coming here to this thread since I joined Smashboards in September of 2018. At first I came to support Geno for the Geno fans since they fought long and hard for years to get him in. Then I learned about Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and how much he has done for the Geno fanbase. He helped the Geno fanbase all around the Internet back in 2006 create a giant portfolio to gather together to send to Nintendo. He went to Japan in 2006 and dropped it off at Nintendo HQ. That's some crazy dedication and I madly respect that and respect how long Fatman has been going at this campaign to get Geno in since 2002 on the Adult Swim forums. Fatman is a awesome dude and I badly want to see his Smash journey come to a happy ending and conclusion.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I didn’t realize people thought that vid was about Smash, I thought it sounded Zelda-y if anything
With the sequel seemingly taking a Majora's Mask approach in tone, would not be shocked if something creepy like this came out of one of its trailers.

QQS

Smash Lord
I've been coming here to this thread since I joined Smashboards in September of 2018. At first I came to support Geno for the Geno fans since they fought long and hard for years to get him in. Then I learned about Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and how much he has done for the Geno fanbase. He helped the Geno fanbase all around the Internet back in 2006 create a giant portfolio to gather together to send to Nintendo. He went to Japan in 2006 and dropped off at Nintendo HQ. That's some crazy dedication and I madly respect that and respect how long Fatman has been going at this campaign to get Geno in since 2002 on the Adult Swim forums. Fatman is a awesome dude and I badly want to see his Smash journey come to a happy ending and conclusion.
Thats right, being a guy from far far away from Chile, we all share the same passion and also think Fatman it’s such a nice guy and he truly deserves Geno in Smash. Like all of us, Im also a 1996 kid that played SMRPG, but what Fatmanonice Fatmanonice did for all of us should make him a leader in the Geno Cause and a really great guy. I will see all our usernames in the Geno spot in the roster but I have to pick the highlight guy on it, it’s Fatman without a doubt.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I'm not entirely sure how to start this or structure it, maybe we could just talk about what we each specifically love about the game, maybe we could make it a thing where for the next 7 days we talk about a different aspect of the game each day? I'm just kind of spitballing here, what do you guys think?
I know I haven't played Super Mario RPG and am supporting Geno mainly for you guys so I'm maybe not the most qualified to give my opinion on this, but I think that sounds awesome!

I have already said to myself how once Geno gets revealed I'll boot up my SNES Classic and play Super Mario RPG (which will be quite the quaint RPG to play through after I've already recently completed the 100+ hour monsters that are Persona 5 and Xenoblade Chronicles). It would be neat to get some people chatting about the game to hype me up before I play it for myself!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I don't know how anyone was able to decipher that because it honestly sounds like a drunk Boomer sitting on the toilet in a public restroom and mumbling his political opinions to himself...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Thats right, being a guy from far far away from Chile, we all share the same passion and also think Fatman it’s such a nice guy and he truly deserves Geno in Smash. Like all of us, Im also a 1996 kid that played SMRPG, but what Fatmanonice Fatmanonice did for all of us should make him a leader in the Geno Cause and a really great guy. I will see all our usernames in the Geno spot in the roster but I have to pick the highlight guy on it, it’s Fatman without a doubt.
I wholeheartedly agree. Without Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , this fanbase wouldn't have gotten where it is today. We need to give a BIG shout out to Fatman and all thank him after Geno get's in.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I don't know how anyone was able to decipher that because it honestly sounds like a drunk Boomer sitting on the toilet in a public restroom and mumbling his political opinions to himself...
I am pleased to announce I will be joining Smash as Fighter #7

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Oh, PREACH IT, BROTHER!

I might've been on this thread for a short amount of time compared to the rest of this thread, but the fact that Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has been supporting this cause for over ten years speaks volumes of what kind of guy he is. He is to the goal of Geno in Smash what Atlas is to the globe, and I can respect a guy with dedication like his.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With the sequel seemingly taking a Majora's Mask approach in tone, would not be shocked if something creepy like this came out of one of its trailers.
Well, Aonuma said that Breath of the Wild 2 is going to be darker than Majora's Mask so...

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
That's an excellent idea! I'd propose how strange the world feels as a topic. The Mushroom Kingdom and beyond has never felt like it does in Mario RPG and that's a big reason why it keeps drawing me back.
Yea, the world seems like a good place to start. It's arguably the most unique interpretation of the Mushroom Kingdom we've actually seen in a Mario Game. Sure, there's plently of distinct, weird, and wacky locations in games like Superstar Saga, Thousand Year Door, Super Paper Mario, even in mainline games like Sunshine or Odyssey. But the difference between all of those and SMRPG is that they all clearly place themselves outside of Mario's traditional world, on some far off island, kingdom, or dimension, almost like they're trying to avoid messing with the main Mario world. Super Mario RPG doesn't, rather than seperate itself it chooses to integrate it, this is meant to be the main Mario world, and I love how it puts a lot of it's own spin and interpretations based on what was known and established about Mario's world at the time, without being afraid to add more too it.

With all that said, what is your guys favorite visual/lore aspect of the world? It could be a specific location you visit, or how certain areas of the game tie together.

Personally, one of my favorite aspects is a pretty small one. I love the fact that when you're running up Booster Hill, you can actually see other locations in the backround like the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario's Pad, and Barrel Volcano. They're all in the geographically correct locations as well which really nice attention to detail. My favorite part of it though is Bowser's Castle, how distinct it looks with Exor sticking out of it, it's what caused me to notice the detail in the backround in the first-place. Most importantly, it's a subtle reminder of what the true goal of Mario's quest throughout the Mushroom Kingdom is, to recover the 7 Star Pieces and defeat Smithy, at a time in the game that goes completely off course of that due to Booster.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You have to become the drunk Boomer sitting on the toilet in a public restroom and mumbling his political opinions to himself to understand the drunk Boomer sitting on the toilet in a public restroom and mumbling his political opinions to himself

QQS

Smash Lord
Probably the last remaining MUST are:

Geno #1
Crash
Sora
Isaac
Lloyd
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
Bandana Dee

I think these 8 are the biggest remaining MUST and bigger fan picks ever since the rest are already in. By the rest I mean the other solids: Mega Man, Ridley, KKR, Banjo, Cloud, Simon, Bayonetta and few more.

D0ct0r

Smash Cadet
Friends, I just wanted to remind all of you the WHY GENO? video from papagenos papagenos that he made a year ago. This is so beautiful explanation and a pretty piece of story between Nintendo and Square.

Also, I wanna highlight this particular part where he explains that during the Brawl era there was a “Japan Only Poll” where people choose characters for Smash. The top 3 characters were:

1- Sonic
2- Mega Man
3- Geno

Coincidentally, Sonic made it in into Brawl; Mega Man into Wii U; and Geno potentially in Ultimate.

Based on this, I’m pretty sure Sakurai drops these 3 character each one in each Smash release since Brawl. Also you can support this theory cause we already have playable the other people that were face to face with Geno.

So:

Brawl: Sonic (#1 in that poll)
Wii U: Mega Man (#2 in that poll)
Ultimate: Geno (#3 in that poll)

Also we have already playable the 2 characters that were a must to SquareEnix before Geno: Cloud from FF and Hero from DQ. And the rest of the characters that were a must: Ridley, KKR and Banjo-Kazooie. So I don’t see a single reason why Geno won’t make it in this time. It’s fair to add Isaac, Lloyd, Crash and Sora to this list. But let me say in my humble opinion that GENO IS NEXT! (And also Crash is happening 100% for me).

The 25 min video it’s absolutely worth time to refresh history. And a good piece of hope from this upcoming ending that Geno will be indeed playable in Ultimate.

Based on all this + The List from Polarthief Polarthief + The Essay from Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and most notably: the songs copyrighted, the missing costume and the Min Min upgrade; is that I believe he has a 100% chance to be in this time. There is no way Sakurai, Nintendo and Square will break our hearts and hopes with: doing nothing, the old costume or a premium one. It would be just absurd.

I believe he is happening in the next Direct. Best wishes! Our triforce of Geno-Cause leaders will be so happy: Fatmanonice Fatmanonice papagenos papagenos and TerminalMontage TerminalMontage . This character will have a % of all of his faithfully supporters from all the worlds and from all ages.

GENO BOOSTS IN!

EDIT: video picture added:

View attachment 278328
Man, I wish I had your optimism, dude, haha. Hopefully we'll see our boy soon.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice

I've listened to it a bunch of times so far, and I've heard "eye" rather than "eyes" every time. It'd seem like a small difference at first... Until you realize one symbol that's pretty important in the Zelda series. Am I looking into this too deep? Probably, but it's still pretty interesting.

Attachments

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Probably the last remaining MUST are:

Geno #1
Crash
Sora
Isaac
Lloyd
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
Bandana Dee

I think these 8 are the biggest remaining MUST and bigger fan picks ever since the rest are already in. By the rest I mean the other solids: Mega Man, Ridley, KKR, Banjo, Cloud, Simon, Bayonetta and few more.
Don't forget Toad, Krystal and Bomberman. Toad being one of the most iconic Nintendo characters and Krystal and Bomberman being some of the biggest Brawl requests still not in.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You have to become the drunk Boomer sitting on the toilet in a public restroom and mumbling his political opinions to himself to understand the drunk Boomer sitting on the toilet in a public restroom and mumbling his political opinions to himself
I'm about three beers in after a successful interview for a managerial position and a lot of fantastic news from one of my contacts hard backing three of my Season 2 predictions earlier today so I'm gradually getting there.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
I'm about three beers in after a successful interview for a managerial position and a lot of fantastic news from one of my contacts hard backing three of my Season 2 predictions earlier today so I'm gradually getting there.
Which ones?

Edit: Congrats on the interview!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom