• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I mean, some people don’t see 2 Mario characters in the same pass. There is no hard rule, but I think only one of them is getting in. As I mentioned in my other post, Sakurai said the last 6 characters will be it so I’m not really expecting any bonuses.
Oh yeah me neither, but I would personally want both, hence why my signature lists Geno and Waluigi under most wanted. I honestly think Waluigi is more likely as a bonus in all actuality.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Like I've been saying for awhile now, I think there's more at play than what's on the surface. Something else to consider... This is supposed to be a combination of the Mario and E3 presentations. Min Min was supposed to be revealed in the Spring Direct and released in April according to Amiibo leaks. Everything wound up getting pushed two months back. The next Amiibo wave is confirmed for September which means, like Hero, it was likely originally planned for July. Dear friends... What was supposed to be two months ago but didn't happen? The Mario presentation. This means that 7 and 8 were very likely to have similar releases to Hero and Banjo, July and September respectively because of the Mario presentation and the E3 presentation. Do you see what I'm getting at?
I think?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I mentioned this earlier, but the one thing that I am concerned about is what kind of content could Waluigi even come with in terms of a spirit board/music. Like don't get me wrong, Waluigi comes from a lot of Mario games but almost everything more or less has been covered in Smash Bros in terms of Mario Kart, Golf, Tennis, Party etc.

Geno has an entire game to pull content from that has yet to be represented in Smash Bros. From spirits, to music to multiple possibilities for stages. Not to mention all the possibilities for more content/music from other RPGs including M&L and Paper Mario that hasn't been put in the games yet. Geno seems more primed for an actual fighter pass compared to Waluigi if it were to happen. That being said, I don't think either really conflict with one another because I cannot realize Waluigi as a fighter pass character.

I don't want to come off as gate keeping either so I'm not writing either character off the table. Just something I am having trouble grasping in terms of Waluigi being FP7 or 8. Until they make bonus characters a thing, I am not putting that on the table either. That still feels like wishful thinking for me.

Monokarhu

Smash Cadet
My uncle works at Nintendo and he told me that they were originally going to put both Geno and Waluigi into Smash, but they accidentally threw the Geno doll into a woodchipper and Waluigi lost his hand and feet in the war, so they decided to recycle the best parts of both to create...

WALUIGENO

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Question: How were you introduce to Geno? I was first introduced to him watching Smash Kingdom and Bowser's Kingdom during the early days of Youtube.
Back in 2013, which was when I first started following Smash speculation in silence, I watched dozens apon dozens of “Top 10 characters I want in SSB4” videos. There was plenty of recurring names on these kinds of lists. King K. Rool, Ridley, Dixie Kong, Krystal (she was insanely common back in those days), Ghirahim, and many more. And one of those characters that kept showing up rather frequently on these lists was Geno.

I definitely would have found out about him if he wasn’t on these lists, considering the huge Mario fan that I am (especially of the RPGs). But I’ll always give credits to those old videos for introducing me to the character and his fun abilities. (This video is always the first one I think about when I recall finding Geno through these kinds of videos.)

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
We had a very random MK8D tournament pop up with nothing else coming out of it. I sincerely doubt the Mario Tennis Aces tourney has anything to do with Smash. While ARMS is a little more niche, Mario is the face of Nintendo. They can just throw him around, like... wherever and whenever.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Looks like Hotgirls is saying there is a Direct soon.

Might as well check on tomorrow, since she did say an announcement should happen on the 14th.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Like I've been saying for awhile now, I think there's more at play than what's on the surface. Something else to consider... This is supposed to be a combination of the Mario and E3 presentations. Min Min was supposed to be revealed in the Spring Direct and released in April according to Amiibo leaks. Everything wound up getting pushed two months back. The next Amiibo wave is confirmed for September which means, like Hero, it was likely originally planned for July. Dear friends... What was supposed to be two months ago but didn't happen? The Mario presentation. This means that 7 and 8 were very likely to have similar releases to Hero and Banjo, July and September respectively because of the Mario presentation and the E3 presentation. Do you see what I'm getting at?
If we get both Geno and Waluigi in one go GameFAQs is gonna need the suicide hotline number.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'll summarize: there's strong standing evidence that the Mario presentation was supposed to have a Smash reveal and that 7 is in fact a Mario character.
I don't think it would be the first time. Remember the Luigi reveal for Smash 4 during the Year of Luigi, if that relates to this, even?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Honestly, I don't even think Geno's a Mario character. Think about it: Geno debuted in a Mario game, yes, but he's overall third party. The only reason he's considered a Mario character was that he just so happened to make his debut appearance in a game with Mario on the title, even when he's still owned by Square. Hell, if Geno was gonna be in Smash, he most likely wouldn't use the Mushroom usually found on most Mario reps. He could just use the Star Gate as his logo, like what I have in my PFP. Not to shoot this down, though, I'm bringing up this topic having no friggin' clue what to think of it.
I think he still counts as a Mario character; at least, I hope he would, personally, since he belongs to the Mario franchise despite being owned by a 3rd-party. His and Mallow’s spirits also use the Mushroom icon.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Most people in this thread fear Waluigi getting in over Geno.

While I am over here like:

I threw the idea around and I honestly don't think several characters in the same pass is too likely and I don't really want it to happen tbh. With only 5 slots left, having 2 of them be taken up by Mario characters would be kind of weird when they could have picked another character who would add better range to the pass in terms of series diversity. Bonuses aren't happening so I think it's probably one or the other with this tonight basically any other Mario character but if I had to make drop one who I think has an actual shot aside from them then it's Paper Mario

Side note I originally thought Geno would represent SMRPG but after the treatment the spirits got treated, yeah he'd be a Mario character.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If we get both Geno and Waluigi in one go GameFAQs is gonna need the suicide hotline number.
In Comic Book Guy's voice: NO!!! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!! They can't just add and promote a Spirit character and Assist Trophy character both at once! ESPECIALLY Geno and Waluigi! My life is over. These fanboys bandwagoners over at Smashboards and across the Internet have won. My waifu should have been in instead of a doll and a nobody. I think I'm going to kill myself now.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I threw the idea around and I honestly don't think several characters in the same pass is too likely and I don't really want it to happen tbh. With only 5 slots left, having 2 of them be taken up by Mario characters would be kind of weird when they could have picked another character who would add better range to the pass in terms of series diversity. Bonuses aren't happening so I think it's probably one or the other with this tonight basically any other Mario character but if I had to make drop one who I think has an actual shot aside from them then it's Paper Mario

Side note I originally thought Geno would represent SMRPG but after the treatment the spirits got treated, yeah he'd be a Mario character.
Yeah I've already said that I don't really expect Waluigi getting in this Pass and that he would be more likely to be a bonus. I'm just saying I really want the both of them, hence my signature.

Also, the idea of bonus fighters are kinda up in the air right now. No one knows if it will or won't happen. We just gotta wait and see

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I mentioned this earlier, but the one thing that I am concerned about is what kind of content could Waluigi even come with in terms of a spirit board/music. Like don't get me wrong, Waluigi comes from a lot of Mario games but almost everything more or less has been covered in Smash Bros in terms of Mario Kart, Golf, Tennis, Party etc.

Geno has an entire game to pull content from that has yet to be represented in Smash Bros. From spirits, to music to multiple possibilities for stages. Not to mention all the possibilities for more content/music from other RPGs including M&L and Paper Mario that hasn't been put in the games yet. Geno seems more primed for an actual fighter pass compared to Waluigi if it were to happen. That being said, I don't think either really conflict with one another because I cannot realize Waluigi as a fighter pass character.

I don't want to come off as gate keeping either so I'm not writing either character off the table. Just something I am having trouble grasping in terms of Waluigi being FP7 or 8. Until they make bonus characters a thing, I am not putting that on the table either. That still feels like wishful thinking for me.
As someone who wants both Waluigi and Geno, Waluigi could absolutely be able to fill out a fighter pack, even if I don’t personally think that’ll be the case because I think Waluigi’s better suited as a bonus character.
His stage would be Waluigi Pinball, pretty much that’s set in stone. A lot of people underplay how much music is actually related to Waluigi that’s not in smash, and there’s a pretty sizable amount, even more than some of the DLC characters so far. Just off of the top of my head, they could add Heeeeere’s Waluigi! and Waluigi’s Island from Mario Party 3, Destruction Dance from DDR: Mario Mix, Waluigi Pinball from Mario Sports Mix, and if they really want to dig even deeper into the barrel, Waluigi’s theme from Mario Strikers: Charged and the theme for the Waluigi stage in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2. Even then, they’d only have to use half of those while they fill the other ones out with Mario Kart/Mario Tennis music that isn’t in the game yet. His spirits could be various characters just holding tennis rackets or other sports gear, since Tennis Mario and Tennis Luigi already exist as spirits, there’s no reason the other spirits in his board couldn’t just be that. Geno’s more likely to be a fighter pack in the pass though, especially with everything going on for him, and I’m rooting for that happening all the way.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Yeah I've already said that I don't really expect Waluigi getting in this Pass and that he would be more likely to be a bonus. I'm just saying I really want the both of them, hence my signature.

Also, the idea of bonus fighters are kinda up in the air right now. No one knows if it will or won't happen. We just gotta wait and see
The idea of bonus characters or pretty much any DLC fighters outside of what's been promised kind of falls flat when you take into consideration the interview where Sakurai said this would be the end and he seemed pretty adamant when saying such too. Stuff may change but it has to stop eventually so it would make sense that Sakurai would stop when he thinks it's time.

As for Geno and Waluigi, it would be cool to see them both, don't get me wrong but when there are 5 slots left in a DLC pass which has been structured in a manner it has been placed in, then I think one would do and maybe another one down the line.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, the interesting thing about our recent mullings is that, if the Mario presentation was meant to have at least one reveal, that also means that E3 was going to too. If this presentation is supposed to be the Mario presentation and E3 we could wind up seeing, er, a lot...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It was a 1000 pages ago when we surpassed the Smash 4 Ridley thread the former biggest character support thread prior on the site before the Ultimate Geno thread. :)

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The idea of bonus characters or pretty much any DLC fighters outside of what's been promised kind of falls flat when you take into consideration the interview where Sakurai said this would be the end and he seemed pretty adamant when saying such too. Stuff may change but it has to stop eventually so it would make sense that Sakurai would stop when he thinks it's time.

As for Geno and Waluigi, it would be cool to see them both, don't get me wrong but when there are 5 slots left in a DLC pass which has been structured in a manner it has been placed in, then I think one would do and maybe another one down the line.
To be fair, Sakurai has stated countless times that the end of Smash is near. He said Melee, Brawl and Sm4sh were the very last Smash games ever, until wouldn't ya know it, we got even more installments afterwards. While Sakurai is most likely telling the truth, I still don't think bonus fighters are out of the equation. Smash is a huge and easy money maker for Nintendo so they would be stupid not to do more with Smash after Volume 2 is over.

I am personally not expecting bonus fighters, but I don't think their is a 0% chance of that happening, since it could be a possibility moving forward

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
As someone who wants both Waluigi and Geno, Waluigi could absolutely be able to fill out a fighter pack, even if I don’t personally think that’ll be the case because I think Waluigi’s better suited as a bonus character.
His stage would be Waluigi Pinball, pretty much that’s set in stone. A lot of people underplay how much music is actually related to Waluigi that’s not in smash, and there’s a pretty sizable amount, even more than some of the DLC characters so far. Just off of the top of my head, they could add Heeeeere’s Waluigi! and Waluigi’s Island from Mario Party 3, Destruction Dance from DDR: Mario Mix, Waluigi Pinball from Mario Sports Mix, and if they really want to dig even deeper into the barrel, Waluigi’s theme from Mario Strikers: Charged and the theme for the Waluigi stage in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2. Even then, they’d only have to use half of those while they fill the other ones out with Mario Kart/Mario Tennis music that isn’t in the game yet. His spirits could be various characters just holding tennis rackets or other sports gear, since Tennis Mario and Tennis Luigi already exist as spirits, there’s no reason the other spirits in his board couldn’t just be that. Geno’s more likely to be a fighter pack in the pass though, especially with everything going on for him, and I’m rooting for that happening all the way.
Yeah. I think Waluigi with a full pack is still a legit possibility and i'd be happy just to see the guy finally get a chance to break the mold. It would be neat to see. I'd just be very curious as to what they include in his fighters pass.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
To be fair, Sakurai has stated countless times that the end of Smash is near. He said Melee, Brawl and Sm4sh were the very last Smash games ever, until wouldn't ya know it, we got even more installments afterwards. While Sakurai is most likely telling the truth, I still don't think bonus fighters are out of the equation. Smash is a huge and easy money maker for Nintendo so they would be stupid not to do more with Smash after Volume 2 is over.

I am personally not expecting bonus fighters, but I don't think their is a 0% chance of that happening, since it could be a possibility moving forward
I think saying he was ending the series outright and just finishing up this game is kind of different. Nintendo may want to make more DLC but that depends on Sakurai and I think he honestly seemed very adamant. One vague quote I recall was something along the lines of 'so the end of Ultimate is finally near'. That's a vague recollection of it but it was similar. Something else to bear in mind is that Sakurai would have pretty much been working on Smash back to back for the past decade with no real break as the planning on 4 started in 2012.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I think saying he was ending the series outright and just finishing up this game is kind of different. Nintendo may want to make more DLC but that depends on Sakurai and I think he honestly seemed very adamant. One vague quote I recall was something along the lines of 'so the end of Ultimate is finally near'. That's a vague recollection of it but it was similar. Something else to bear in mind is that Sakurai would have pretty much been working on Smash back to back for the past decade with no real break as the planning on 4 started in 2012.
He has said though that as long as Nintendo pays, he will do what he is asked to do

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Looks like Hotgirls is saying there is a Direct soon.

Might as well check on tomorrow, since she did say an announcement should happen on the 14th.
“Very very soon
It finally makes itself yours
When it opens its eyes”

I genuinely think this might be an edited clip from a BotW 2 trailer. If it is, this would be like the biggest leaker power move of all time

Trevenant

Smash Lord
He has said though that as long as Nintendo pays, he will do what he is asked to do
That could hint toward it being possible but I personally don't expect it. I think Samurai pretty much views this to be the end. Still, I guess I'll be pleasantly surprised if they somehow cough out some bonuses

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Like during FP1 before it, I won't assume the possibility of further DLC until it is actually confirmed. I personally would rather steel expectations, and FP2 being the end feels like a nice ribbon on top of Ultimate. I really feel like this is it, you know?

Also, uh... I really don't know why anyone believes in that HotGirl69 stuff going on lol? LIke. How and why. I can only imagine that this is all lucky guesses or something. Like. Look at their username. How am I supposed to take that seriously??

I also don't see what Waluigi would have going for him. I'm very skeptical of Geno, as well, so maybe my opinions don't matter due to how jaded I am. Even so, I just... feel like Geno has a little more going for him in terms of circumstantial evidence than Wah. I 'unno.

I'll summarize: there's strong standing evidence that the Mario presentation was supposed to have a Smash reveal and that 7 is in fact a Mario character.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a source of PapaGenos also state that character 7 was likely third party? If these are true (massive if, I personally am SUPER skeptical), there's only one character that fits both criteria.

D

Deleted member

Waluigi to even think we are discussing him getting in surreal.

I would be so happy if he got in because I want him in and he deserves it.

I do not think it hurts Geno’s chances. I do believe Geno will be the character we get I really hope so.

But we’ll see.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I definitely think a Direct is happening. You can hand wave away some things like if you don't think HotGirlVideos is credible, but a lot of insiders now who usually never comment on rumors... are commenting on the possibility of a Direct.

I mean, André Segers never comments on rumors. People think Jon Cartwright is credible, but André literally owns GameXplain and never talks about rumors unless they have some validity. He didn't even comment on the Grinch fiasco aside from shooting it down. Let alone hint at them being true. Add in the various smoke we've been seeing from credible gaming insiders, the Smash website updating, Nintendo having no 1st party games for this year after The Origami King... well, we all know what Mario and Luigi said...

"Where there's smoke..."
20200713_133043.jpg

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I definitely think a Direct is happening. You can hand wave away some things like if you don't think HotGirlVideos is credible, but a lot of insiders now who usually never comment on rumors... are commenting on the possibility of a Direct.

I mean, André Segers never comments on rumors. People think Jon Cartwright is credible, but André literally owns GameXplain and never talks about rumors unless they have some validity. He didn't even comment on the Grinch fiasco aside from shooting it down. Let alone hint at them being true. Add in the various smoke we've been seeing from credible gaming insiders, the Smash website updating, Nintendo having no 1st party games for this year after The Origami King... well, we all know what Mario and Luigi said...

"Where there's smoke..."
View attachment 278299
I HOPE NINTENDO MADE LOTSA SPAGHETTI!!!

Droodle

Smash Lord
7 could be a Mario character, but I don't really think it would have been revealed in a Mario presentation. Smash almost never has any reveals at an unrelated event where they don't announce it beforehand. Since Ultimate's release it's always just been reveals at general/mini directs and Smash directs/presentations, the only exception to this being Joker's reveal which was more of a last minute thing and on top of that Ultimate released the exact same day and had a large presence at the Game Awards even outside of Joker.

Really a reveal being shown off at the original Mario direct has nothing backing it up. It's the equivalent of people saying we were going to end up with a Pokemon character at the pokemon presentation last month, "because it makes so much sense"; when it really doesn't. They would already know that Min-Min has been delayed and her official reveal will be in June so it would make little sense to "kinda sorta" announce the first character and then straight up announce the second one, unless they planned on doing another guessing game but with Mario instead of ARMS.

Even Byleth was announced in a Smash presentation, when they could have easily combined it with the FE DLC trailers that dropped on the exact same day and just advertised a Fire Emblem direct rather than a Smash presentation.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Sakurai: "Alright...it's finally done. Smash is done. I'm done. My greatest masterpiece is finished at last and now I'll finally retire to-"

Nintendo: (holds pinky to mouth) "One...hundred....BILLION DOLLARS!"

Sakurai: "SMASH 6 STARTS NOW!"

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master

"Where there's smoke..."
View attachment 278299
I have a problem with this theory. Too many toasters.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sakurai: "Alright...it's finally done. Smash is done. I'm done. My greatest masterpiece is finished at last and now I'll finally retire to-"

Nintendo: (holds pinky to mouth) "One...hundred....BILLION DOLLARS!"

Sakurai: "SMASH 6 STARTS NOW!"
Don´t think we are ever gonna get a new installment to be perfectly frank. It will be Ultimate but ported over with new content from here on out. I can´t see any casual player (which is the largest player base) would just look at Smash 6 and say "Why would I buy this when I have Ultimate"?

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Guys let's suppose this: July 20th Direct Revealed, we are all happy, the day comes. Smash Reveal. A cloudy night in the rain, a simple house with arrows with a song "Here Some Weapons" then we the camera enters in the house a plumber, a woman, a cloud and a kid are sleeping, there are 3 toys: Mario, Peach and Bowser. A star enters by the window, another song start "Geno Awakens" the star see that three dolls but it thinks that are weak, then see another doll, brow with blue clothes (With details in Red and Yellow), the doll walk around the house but get hitted in a table, go outside of the house and saw a splash screen: GENO REACHES THE SEVEN STARS, we get gameplay, with either forest maze or star hill, Beware Of The Forest Mushrooms remix, Geno Beam, Geno Whirl, Geno Blast, Geno Flash, all is awesome and the trailer end Saying "Super Smash Bros Ultimate x Super Mario RPG" , September 2020, Geno say, "I think all the wishes should be granted" and a Assist Trophy appear and is Broken, Waluigi is free. WALUIGI ASSIST THE BATTLE. Gameplay,Waluigi pinball is both the song and the stage and end saying "Super Smash Bros Ultimate x Mario Tennis Aces", available now (As a free bonus), Sakurai presents Waluigi that same day, direct still, mario 35th anniversary collection, mario 3d world, (They announce a new DK and the Crash 4 port) etc. Near to the end we get another Smash reveal, battlefield Mario vs Sonic vs Pacman vs Megaman, people think is rayman, a fruit appear from a portal like the jiggy last year, and from the portal he appear, he is finally here. CRASH SPINS INTO A FIGHT, gameplay, coco is an alt, nsanity beach stage, Crash 3 main theme remix. Super Smash Bros Ultimate x Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. November 2020. The trailer still, Dk appear but somebody is in his back. DIXIE SWINGS INTO BATTLE. Gameplay, stage and music from the new game. Super Smash Bros Ultimate x [DK]. November 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom