• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Late but whatever. That presentation of recent times was a thing. I think most of what I am going to said has been said already.

Min Min looks great. Plays great. And it's honestly a cool choice for the Pass. She might be kind of troublesome to fight against but then again, Hero, Joker, and Byleth, just to name a few get the same reactions, so whatever.

The DLC segment was cool as always. Lots of people get excited or expectant of them as many have noticed, I'm sure. They were alright, honestly. I do get enjoyment out of making Mii Fighters this time around and using them. The Splatoon Miis were alright. Ninjara was expected somewhat but appreciated. But the other two, BOY, were a surprise.

Heihachi, Heihachi. RIP to the supporters. I thought that he would have made it but seems not. Only Lloyd, The Two Hunters, Gilgamesh, The Chocobo Hat and Geno remain.

Vault Boy was a shock. I didn't expect him at all. When I saw the intro to him with Mario I got worried for a moment and let out a "Oh no..." but then went to befuddlement after seeing him. It at least proved that Bethesda/Zenimax got involved this time around.

Not saying that Doomguy/Doom Slayer will happen but I think his chances are 50/50 now. I will still hope for him to join.

Lloyd is still not in the clear as well as Geno but hopefully things turn out fine. I do not buy into the whole 777 deal as everyone else as it's too sweet of a deal to happen but that's just me. Keep on believing but don't get too close to the sun, so to speak, guys.

Overall, a nice presentation. Let's see how long we'll have to wait for the 7th fighter.

:bowser:.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Another thing to add for these two is that ness' neutral B is a hold and release type of move something i can definitely see if geno beam was geno's neutral B, but hey i'm just stretching for this one.
Wasn't gonna mention it, but it could line up with using a characters properties for a new fighter.
-They both share a "timed hit" mechanic if they want to use that as a building block.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Another thing to add for these two is that ness' neutral B is a hold and release type of move something i can definitely see if geno beam was geno's neutral B, but hey i'm just stretching for this one.
Surprisingly you're not because, for example, Banjo's jumps were supposedly built off Ridley's. Kind of like the post I linked earlier, Hero is basically a composite of Ike, Link, and Mii Swordfighter so new characters being bits and pieces of very specific characteristics is definitely a thing.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Surprisingly you're not because, for example, Banjo's jumps were supposedly built off Ridley's. Kind of like the post I linked earlier, Hero is basically a composite of Ike, Link, and Mii Swordfighter so new characters being bits and pieces of very specific characteristics is definitely a thing.
Okay I’m glad I’m not crazy because whenever Banjo jumps, I totally see Ridley.

Also I didn’t see this brought up yet, but one of Ness’s taunts is the head nod. Just like Geno whenever you heal him with an item in SMRPG. Food for thought??

Ps - you guys - I came into contact with someone who was present at a COVID outbreak and so I had to go get tested. WOW the COVID test is incredibly painful...like a long pinch on your brain.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Heihachi, Heihachi. RIP to the supporters. I thought that he would have made it but seems not. Only Lloyd, The Two Hunters, Gilgamesh, The Chocobo Hat and Geno remain.
Having Heihachí´s costume being gone for so long is a one of the biggest reasons that I´m concerned about Geno tbh

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Someone messaged me this, providing more evidence that Min-Min really was delayed and likely wasn't going to be an E3 reveal:

Screenshot_20200627-190613~3.png

Screenshot_20200627-190628~2.png

Screenshot_20200627-190640~2.png

Basically it provides even more evidence that 7 and 8 were supposed to be our E3 reveals and there's a possibility we could still see them together.

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
I think with this new evidence that Min-Min was delayed and considering all the stuff we know surrounding Cacomallow, in my opinion FP7 will be Geno and FP8 will be a Bethesda rep (most likely Doom Slayer). I feel like if 7 and 8 were intended to be revealed together at E3, the duo of Geno and Doom Slayer would be a pretty high-profile reveal, and would give the Mallow and Cacodemon Mii costumes a reason to be shown off in close proximity to one another. But of course this is just my own personal blind speculation haha

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Exactly and that's the takeaway. Ness is the only character with both "texture" eyes and a stationary hat. Also helps that he's slightly shorter than Mario and has a fairly big (and round) head for his size.
All this ness talk makes me think that Porky could also be in the mix

StarLight42

Smash Lord
All this ness talk makes me think that Porky could also be in the mix
It’s not evidence for Porky.

-The previous glitch resulted in a character showing up who was NOT from the same series

-Porky’s lack of a spirit didn’t mean anything, as we now know. Spirits can be fighters.

-For this to match up with Porky, he’d have to be outside his bed mecha, which is his most iconic appearence in the Smash games.

It has nothing to do with Porky

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Something I forgot to add into my theory, but adds even more credence to it: the next big fiscal report from Nintendo is also happening later in July. The last shareholder's meeting was in April, and we had a good outline for Q2 because of the Mini Direct at the end of March. Because of this, there wasn't any rush needed to announce any Q3 games. "Didn't we just have one shareholder meeting?" Actually, this one is a little different: more related to the selection of CEO or something related to that (I don't know specifics). So, that would mean they would need to outline what are their plans for Q3, which has... only Paper Mario? And we're getting to the second half, where releases pick up in pace. Also, it's usually the first meeting after "E3".

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think with this new evidence that Min-Min was delayed and considering all the stuff we know surrounding Cacomallow, in my opinion FP7 will be Geno and FP8 will be a Bethesda rep (most likely Doom Slayer). I feel like if 7 and 8 were intended to be revealed together at E3, the duo of Geno and Doom Slayer would be a pretty high-profile reveal, and would give the Mallow and Cacodemon Mii costumes a reason to be shown off in close proximity to one another. But of course this is just my own personal blind speculation haha
I'm torn about the validity of the Cacomallow images (if they're real, why would they have been completed such a long time in advance? If they're fake, how did one anonymous person surpass the collective Smash Ultimate modding community in being able to modify Mii hats, and why did they just stop with two Mii hats when they could have gone further? Though the Grinch and Rayman "leaks" show how far a person can go in order to mess with the fanbase), but if that's what winds up happening, I don't think I'd have any reason to complain about the Fighters Pass, regardless of who the last three characters were.

They could add Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates, Dr. Goomba Stack, and Amingo, and I'd still say that the Fighters Pass was worth getting. (mind you, I'd still like to see Dante in Smash, but getting two of my top three most wanted in the same Fighters Pass (on top of getting Ridley and K. Rool in the base game, every veteran returning, and Banjo and Kazooie in the first Fighters Pass) would be incredible)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It’s not evidence for Porky.

-The previous glitch resulted in a character showing up who was NOT from the same series

-Porky’s lack of a spirit didn’t mean anything, as we now know. Spirits can be fighters.

-For this to match up with Porky, he’d have to be outside his bed mecha, which is his most iconic appearence in the Smash games.

It has nothing to do with Porky
To be fair, if the glitches mean stuff, they just have to share skeletons and/or maybe similar mechanics, not series. Having to be from a different series for the glitch to fit as evidence doesn’t make sense.

Even if Porky is inside either of his mechas, which I believe he should be even if I wouldn’t mind him outside his mechas (and they wouldn’t be too big for a fighter, the EB mecha would make him around Bowser’s size while the M3 mecha would as well since it was actually upscaled for his Brawl boss fight), the glitch could still fit him due to Porky himself likely using Ness’s skeleton as a base and the mecha could use PSI-like powers such as the PSI/power shield.

It’s also interesting that the glitch is Ness’s eyes missing. However, I do believe it’s more likely Geno if it really means anything.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
This looks fake. Costume seems almost like plastic in texture.
That's what I was saying. The ribbons look like tape. Can you imagine nintendo passing this off as a legit costume LMAO.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Megadoomer Megadoomer I completely understand. Either which way it goes, it’s all so strange. I still lean, a little, that it’s real for just a few simple reasons. No one can 1:1 replicate it. Or, no one can do the same quality of it for other mods. I check from time to time and there is nothing out there that is the same quality.

it’s all so weird. Someone(s) creates the most perfect looking moded helmet and hat that no once can replicate nor come up with something at the same quality and is just sitting on it? Or other modders have not been able to figure out how to produce more mods like it?

granted it can all be fake obviously, which is fine, but after so much time no one can still do it OR come up with some other mods that have that quality? It’s so strange.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Can someone post the image? The 4ch thread got taken down
1593307891563m.jpg

Gotchu. Barely worth even mentioning. If they look this fake don't even bother mentioning it here. It's way too plastic-y to be real, which is what a lot of mods are. Also the outfit is piercing the face in the character icon box. Bigly fake.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Again, stuff like this. The ultimate smash mods are just not polished. Sure this could have been a “quickie” but from the things I’ve seen for mods is they just are not polished. They have such “rough edges”.

EDIT: I want to specify that I am no saying CacoMallow is 100% legit, still about a 50/50 for me but still to date I don’t see anything in the same caliber of quality of it. Of course some person(s) found out how to do it and is keeping it secret or waiting to reveal it, but man, that too is hard to believe. Oye.

Last edited:

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
Man, leave it to the Geno thread to debunk a fake leak in a matter of minutes. We don't play around when it comes to our star puppet haha

T2by4

Smash Lord
Man, leave it to the Geno thread to debunk a fake leak in a matter of minutes. We don't play around when it comes to our star puppet haha
They just need to step up their fake leaks. The only good one that I remember was the sassy Geno leak. And that lasted for over a month from what I remembered.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
One important piece of conjecture in favour of Geno that we certainly don’t talk about enough: there are already a LOT of Mii Gunner costumes that have been released with DLC. I forget who initially noticed this so I apologize for not giving credit where credit is due.

So even when I saw this leak, I figured it didn’t make sense because we are (likely) due for a Brawler or Swordsman costume.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
View attachment 276510

Gotchu. Barely worth even mentioning. If they look this fake don't even bother mentioning it here. It's way too plastic-y to be real, which is what a lot of mods are. Also the outfit is piercing the face in the character icon box. Bigly fake.
If there’s anything this thread knows

It’s what a real Mii Costume leak looks like

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Honestly, at this rate, detractors need to drop their 'irrelevant' and 'no one knows him' arguments. He was trending on Twitter gaming after Min Min's reveal, he's on multiple fake leaks, the detractors won't shut up about him. Clearly he's a name out there (thanks to their obsessing in disliking him) and people are aware.

Do they think he's a nobody because they believe it or because they want others to believe it?

herpderp06

Smash Rookie
Honestly, at this rate, detractors need to drop their 'irrelevant' and 'no one knows him' arguments. He was trending on Twitter gaming after Min Min's reveal, he's on multiple fake leaks, the detractors won't shut up about him. Clearly he's a name out there (thanks to their obsessing in disliking him) and people are aware.

Do they think he's a nobody because they believe it or because they want others to believe it?
Geno detractors are stronger than ever because people know that he has a good chance. Things that are popular always get hate. Thats why you hear so much hate towards the character. It happened to Ridley, it happened to K. Rool, and now its happening to geno. Its all coming together.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman

The blocked out guy made the "leak".
It was taken from the most notable mod of the Mii Costume.

Don't give it any attention, don't have fear.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
What are the actual arguments against Geno now? Sakurai said relevancy doesn't matter, it's mostly whether the character is fun, and also that he thinks Geno would be a great character. With Spirits deconfirming dead and Geno at the height of his popularity, how are they justifying him not being possible? Like actually, without calling Sakurai a liar you can't "deconfirm" Geno.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I know this is a topic we have done several times before, but what do you guys think will be Geno's alternate colors? I was quite surprised by how there was no notable referential alts to other characters in Min Min's selection, so it does make me reconsider what Geno would get.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
If there is one thing I am grateful for about the Sassy Geno leak is that once we saw it was fake, this thread has not stopped to debunk a fake leak ever since. Keep it up y'all!

Also to EarlTamm EarlTamm honestly I am not too sure about the colors. If they did alt colors for Hero to reference other characters, then I could see Geno getting some colors to some SMRPG characters. Mallow, Mario and Smithy colors seem likely.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Also to EarlTamm EarlTamm EarlTamm EarlTamm honestly I am not too sure about the colors. If they did alt colors for Hero to reference other characters, then I could see Geno getting some colors to some SMRPG characters. Mallow, Mario and Smithy colors seem likely.
The thing about Hero is that they were already trying to represent multiple Dragon Quest protags through the costume switches, so having the colors follow the same idea was fitting.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
IDK what to think about Cacomallow at this point tbh but I find it hilarious that a Mii costume leak comes up and gets debunked in 10 minutes yet it's been like half a year or whatever of Cacomallow existing and we still don't have proof of the maker of it / if it was fake in the first place lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom