• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Welp, after thinking about it for a while, I've finally come to a conclusion on the Ness glitch...

Obviously, Ninten is gonna be FP7! Cope and seethe Genopes!!! :ultpacman:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
*When Fatman explains Ness and the Geno thread realizes how this could bode well for their boy
oh yeah its all coming together geno.png

(Posting this meme seems customary at this point)

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Remember the Ness eye glitch discussion the other day and how we talked about characters with "flat eyes?"

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2867#post-23985937

Talking with someone on Discord today, I realized what makes Ness unique among the flat eye characters is that he's the only one with a stationary hat. Olimar, the Ice Climbers, and Falcon have helmets and Toon Link's hat has similar physics to hair. Ness is the only one that has a hat and hair that are basically two separate layers "glued" together. Food for thought.
You know what this means?

Finally, Ninten will have his day in Smash.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmm maybe. But like you said, his hat is stationary. Wouldn't the orange flaps of Geno's hat have some physics when he moved around? At least, I feel like they would.
Possibly but they would be an attachment to the hat, that's what we're getting at. Theoretically, they probably wouldn't even appear in Geno's most basic model ala wire frames. Like in the case of Ness, Geno's hat is practically attached to his head and basically fits the outline of his head. It's not like a skull cap but it's more "snug" in comparison to the Mario Bros and the Elementary school Links.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'm really exited at the idea of a Ness base over someone like rock. The hat thing is cool but this could imply a more physically based moveset like in legacy xp which not only would fit in better with my current favorites but makes those takedowns even more suspicious....

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Let me step it up the crazy theories a notch: I may just realized something that is HUGE for everyone. I'm working on the post as we speak for my reasoning, but I'll put this out there right now: I think we're getting a Nintendo First-Party Showcase on July 14th, but with no 3rd party announcements.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
All dataminers will be eager to tear up version 8 to see if there's anything else of interest hidden in it, not realizing that Nintendo has gotten good at hiding information. So good, in fact, it stops Nintendo from giving out ANY information, even about their own games.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Remember the Ness eye glitch discussion the other day and how we talked about characters with "flat eyes?"

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2867#post-23985937

Talking with someone on Discord today, I realized what makes Ness unique among the flat eye characters is that he's the only one with a stationary hat. Olimar, the Ice Climbers, and Falcon have helmets and Toon Link's hat has similar physics to hair. Ness is the only one that has a hat and hair that are basically two separate layers "glued" together. Food for thought.
Do we even have any confirmation that Ice Climbers and Captain Falcon have separate hat models? I never heard of these characters having separate hats.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, one question that has come up repeatedly is whether or not Amiibo restocks relate to character releases and I made some veeeeeeeery interesting discoveries and actually may support some of the bigger rumors we've been hearing since last Fall. Thanks to Reddit, they carefully documented the rereleases and the spreadsheet can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XP8VzoTONfpOZy6jpkL9wuJOS6Jyfi5LfnQOx34jALU/edit#gid=0

Now, the really interesting thing is the characters that haven't been rereleased yet, the ones that were registered in 2018 but haven't released yet, and the ones that are rereleasing yet again this fall:

Ones that haven't been registered or rereleased yet:

Luigi, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Villager, Dark Pit, ROB, Mr. Game and Watch, Duck Hunt, the Miis, Falco, Lucas, Ryu, Palutena, Pit, and Corrin

The ones that were registered in 2018 but haven't released yet:

Donkey Kong, Peach, Yoshi

The ones that are rereleasing in September despite already rereleasing once:

Mario, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Cloud

Characters rereleasing in September that haven't yet:

Luigi, Ryu

So.... really interesting ****. Things that are particularly face grabbing about this:

-Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi not being rereleased yet but Bowser, Rosalina, and Bowser Jr have. and Plant has already come out twice.

-Neither Donkey Kong or Diddy have rereleased yet despite K. Rool releasing twice already.

-Neither Mother characters being rereleased.

-None of the Kid Icarus being rereleased.

-None of the "retro" characters being rereleased.

-Kirby not being rereleased but Metaknight and King Dedede have.

-Villager not being rereleased despite Isabelle releasing twice and Animal Crossing New Horizons.

-Corrin being the only Fire Emblem character not rereleased yet. (Probably coming with Byleth's Amiibo, honestly)

D

Deleted member

My list of predictions turned right keeps growing:

20200627_184322.jpg

I'm predicting Geno is FP7 btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
So, here's my biggest theory of all-time: do you guys remember how we we're supposed to get a Mario presentation in March/April/June (depends on who you believe). What if the presentation (or it's contents) was delayed to a Nintendo "E3" showcase in July? More specifically, July 14th, the last date mentioned by that Twitter. I mean, think about it:
  • This is the 35th anniversary of Mario, which is supposed to have a lot of announcements for our plumber boy. Plus, with Nintendo saying that everything is on schedule for this fiscal year (if another spike doesn't happen) means that announcements should be coming soon. That also means that they would be able to talk about BOTW2 and other big releases (they would keep some hidden, of course) from this timeframe anytime now. Combine that with the fact that they like to sit on finished games and you get a pretty reasonable holiday lineup. That also explains why the first half of the year felt slow: it was because they hold off some finished games to better pace the releases.
  • "But we already got announcements for Paper Mario, LEGO Mario, Mario Kart Tour and the Mario Maker 2's update separately Why won't they just shadow drop" So here's where it gets interesting and what triggered this crazy theory... Let's say that this presentation had this date of July 14th already decided after E3 was cancelled and the world went crazy. What happens to it's rumored contents?
    • Mario Kart Tour's content would've released either way in April, so it was dropped anyways, plus we got another update in the meantime.
    • Mario Maker 2 update had it's development cut short, because we know it was meant to have a Mario 2 style, so it released in April anyways.
    • Paper Mario: The Origami King would've release 2 weeks after this date, which is a really small marketing cycle for a important first-party release.
    • Lego Mario is releasing early August, but since it's a licensed toy, marketing cycles may be different.
    • Super Mario 3D World Deluxe was supposedly delayed from this year's first semester. We have no idea of it's new date, but it's probably in October or November.
    • Mario: The Mushroom Kingdom Collection is probably a September release to tie into the anniversary of Mario.
  • Add in any other surprise games and announcements they want to show and you have a pretty solid showcase.
  • After E3 was cancelled, some press conferences that usually are in June, such as Ubisoft and Microsoft, had their dates set for July. The same could be applied for Nintendo.
    • "So, what happens on July 6th that twitter profile posted?" It's the announcement for this showcase happening, since they don't reveal their E3 presentations a day beforehand, because they are the biggest of the year.
    • EDIT: "Why not not July 6 for the fans of the number 7?" Because that would contradict those Twitter dates: why reveal a game a week after you just made a big showcase and not include it in the same thing. (Pokémon is a different circunstance, because of Tencent's project)
  • EDIT: The next big fiscal report from Nintendo is also happening later in July. The last shareholder's meeting was in April, and we had a good outline for Q2 because of the Mini Direct at the end of March. Because of this, there wasn't any rush needed to announce any Q3 games. "Didn't we just have one shareholder meeting?" Actually, this one is a little different: more related to the selection of CEO or something related to that (I don't know specifics). So, that would mean they would need to outline what are their plans for Q3, which has... only Paper Mario? And we're getting to the second half, where releases pick up in pace. Also, it's usually the first meeting after "E3".
  • "But Nintendo said to 3rds to announce things anytime, so this means that there's no Directs coming" Actually, no: this only means that the presentation was delayed. It's a lot of work to communicate with other companies, so if they went with the usual, this presentation wouldn't happen until much later. That also means that 3rds wouldn't wait for them anyways, since they need to release their games. The same applies to Nintendo. I know that we entertain the idea of these shadowdrop trailers, but I think Paper Mario and the annoucements above happened for another reason: "They couldn't afford to wait for the presentation, since it would be too close to the planned release". By cutting 3rds from the E3 showcase, they only need their stuff to make it happen soon, rather than trying to put together something that would need to be redone anyways, because the games couldn't afford to wait.
  • Now, what ties well into any Direct? That's right, SMASH! I think there was a tie-in reveal for this Mario presentation that was going to release in June, but was pushed to September. Now, remember when we said they would need to announce a character to release it September? So, here's the thing: Character Presentations aren't released far away from their character: at most, it's 2 weeks. So, we would need another presentation to get a reveal before it happens. However, September would be too late, because they would have the issue of another character being revealed alongside it. But "only" Min-Min was delayed based on what Sakurai said, meaning that #7 and #8 are "on track". So they would need to reveal them all in a Direct. A Smash-only Direct is unlikely, since it would take away the purpose of our usual character presentations and vice-versa. Also, they don't release multiple characters so close to each other. So, 7 and 8 would have to both be revealed in a normal one... Remember what we said about E3 never having less than 2 announcements? Yeah, this falls into place here too.
  • Hero's release was almost 2 months after E3. Where does this place #7's release? September! What also happens in September? The Square and Mario amiibo restock. What character has ties to Square and Nintendo? That's right, Pinocchio Geno! And just like Hero, he was supposed to be an E3 release. Also, remember how Banjo's date was Fall? Yeah, that's also #8's release date.
  • "What about the usual September Direct? Actually, it's kinda simple: since June's presentation was in July, September's would probably go to October (remember that a November Direct was when Cloud got revealed).
    • This also means that there's a good interval between character releases (June - Early September - October or November)
    • This also corroborates everything that was talked about and the drought that we have now is exactly like the droughts we have before E3.

So, in a resume:
  • More strength to the fact that Min-Min was an April release
  • We're getting our Nintendo E3 showcase (with no 3rds) July 14 (A Tuesday, just like E3)
  • Everything is on track, just like Sakurai and Nintendo said. It's just that everything was pushed a little. So, our timeframe theories are still right and this Pass won't be the drag until December 2021 that most people believe. Also that BOTW has a chance for 2020 (which is CRAZY).
  • #7 would be a part of the Mario Celebration, whenever it happened. Also, it's Geno, no doubt about it.
    • This also means that #7 would've released at E3, just like how Hero was supposed to last year.
    • But now, it will be Early September, with his presentation coming in the same day, since he was revealed beforehand.
  • #8 would be shown at E3 anyways. If we get a full Nintendo showcase, he will appear there to crash the party.
    • He will also be released in a October Direct, just like Banjo was.
  • #9 is revealed in that October Direct, because of how unnatural this year is (so #8 is shadow dropped here, not #7).
  • #10 is probably a Game Awards reveal or another surprise presentation.
    • If Chief happens, I think he's on the Game Awards, no matter if he's #10 or #11.
View attachment 276440

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Something worth mentioning about the Amiibo stuff I posted... Cloud is the only third party character that's been scheduled to get a second rerelease so far. Apparently his first rerelease was with Plant back in February 2019. To put this in perspective, Pac-Man was the first third party restock with Smash Ultimate... in October 2018.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So has anyone ever heard of Mudkip971? He is the guy with the Smash Kingdom Geno avatar on Youtube. I see him a lot in Geno related videos. I wonder why he isn't on Smashboards.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
  • Mario Maker 2 update had it's development cut short because it was meant to have a Mario 2 style, so it released in April anyways.
They stopped the DLC because the game did not sell as many copies that they thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom