• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
>Next character appears to be slated for September, Super Mario's 35th anniversary.

>We still haven't gotten the Mario Remaster announcements.

>The fact that Min-Min's presentation was recorded in May means this was hard decided almost two months ago already, confirming the Polish Amiibo leak.

>Heavily implies that 7 will be revealed before September.

1461394935541.jpg

Appears the tides have hard turned in our favor, comrades.

Side note: Amiibos releasing in pairs means 8's "buddies" will be Banjo and Terry. Today has been a good day.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
It's good either way. If it had showed up today, it would have supported Mii Costume Guy's extensive Mii costume list. The fact that it didn't means that it's likely being held off for... Someone else along with the secret Nintendo Mii costume. I'm really excited about what this could imply.
You reckon the next fighter reveal will be around the same time Joker & Hero amiibo's come out along with the retocks?

*Sees your next post*
Question ansered!

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Sakurai said that the Min Min presentation was recorded on May 2nd, 2020. Being the guy that makes all these timeline theories, does that line up with anything you know about?

Firox

Smash Master
The second part might not be the best example.
Let me put it like this then.

We had indication that we were getting something Square related prior to the launch of the game (which we know where Hero). Then the grinch leak appears, with Geno being onboard, getting people to wonder if it was to be connected with this seven name leak...

Now we have Fatman's Bethesda comment away back, causing a similar effect with the cacamallow from when the grinch came out before Hero got revealed. These costumes could easily just been someone trying to replicate the internet talk as grinch did... But who knows, maybe Cacamallow is real, and if so (insert celebration music here) I just highly doubt this at this point based that I feel the release is off. Vault Boy could be the perfect release with Geno if he is in, arriving with cacamallow costume (for example)...

Edit - And don¨t forget that they did NOT take down the video as Droodle pointed out
Oh, I see what you're saying now. For the record though, Nintendo choosing not to take down the video could support the idea of CM being real as much as it could being fake. As others have said, if Nintendo had rushed to take it down, it would have pretty much solidified its authenticity. Nintendo's best move was to ignore it and let it fade from people's memories, which based on all the doubters out there was the right call. Guess we won't know for sure until the next character reveal. I will say this though, if Geno isn't fighter 7 or 8, I'll be genuinely worried.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You reckon the next fighter reveal will be around the same time Joker & Hero amiibo's come out along with the retocks?
Earlier. I did an analysis the other day and there's about an 11 day gap on average between character announcements and Amiibo waves. Coincidentally enough, this actually panned out this time too:

-Last Amiibo wave was on the 12th.

-Today is the 22nd.

So, super close.

Thanks to the Polish Amiibo leak back in May, we know the September Amiibo wave is slated for September 18th.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/360765-polish-retailer-listing-may-point-to-amiibo-reprint-on-the-way

Add 11 days and we get September 29th... There's no way they're announcing a character that late in the month so let's flip it. September 7th. The Fall Directs have historically been early in the month of September so this actually pans out. Because this announcement is so early in the month, it very heavily implies that 7 won't be announced in September but sometime earlier. Past precedent suggests early or late July.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Earlier. I did an analysis the other day and there's about an 11 day gap on average between character announcements and Amiibo waves. Coincidentally enough, this actually panned out this time too:

-Today is the 22nd.

So, super close.

Thanks to the Polish Amiibo leak back in May, we know the September Amiibo wave is slated for September 18th.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/360765-polish-retailer-listing-may-point-to-amiibo-reprint-on-the-way

Add 11 days and we get September 29th... There's no way they're announcing a character that late in the month so let's flip it. September 7th. The Fall Directs have historically been early in the month of September so this actually pans out. Because this announcement is so early in the month, it very heavily implies that 7 won't be announced in September but sometime earlier. Past precedent suggests early or late July.
Either way, it doesn't seem like we don't have to wait too much longer

zumaddy

Smash Ace
From someone who isn't a massive Geno fan, I truly believe you guys have a great chance. Good luck with the next reveals! It'll be worth getting him in for the SMRPG music and stage. :D

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
>Next character appears to be slated for September, Super Mario's 35th anniversary.

>We still haven't gotten the Mario Remaster announcements.

>The fact that Min-Min's presentation was recorded in May means this was hard decided almost two months ago already, confirming the Polish Amiibo leak.

>Heavily implies that 7 will be revealed before September.

View attachment 275726

Appears the tides have hard turned in our favor, comrades.

Side note: Amiibos releasing in pairs means 8's "buddies" will be Banjo and Terry. Today has been a good day.
Between this and Min Min confirming Spirits are on the table, for the first time in forever it feels like the finish line is actually in sight and not being constantly yanked away.

Firox

Smash Master

-Today is the 22nd.

So, super close.

Interesting deductions. I still think we'll be lucky to see another reveal before November though based on Sakurai's comments about COVID and how working from home has impacted their progress. I mean, it took us 6 months to get ONE character confirm. I'm not going to be too quick on the optimism when it comes to our time frame.

In other news, any predictions on the incoming balancing patch? Maybe some Kirby buffs, perhaps?

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Oh, I see what you're saying now. For the record though, Nintendo choosing not to take down the video could support the idea of CM being real as much as it could being fake. As others have said, if Nintendo had rushed to take it down, it would have pretty much solidified its authenticity. Nintendo's best move was to ignore it and let it fade from people's memories, which based on all the doubters out there was the right call. Guess we won't know for sure until the next character reveal. I will say this though, if Geno isn't fighter 7 or 8, I'll be genuinely worried.
For the record, even though I¨m a "cacamallow is most likely dead" person, that does not mean I¨m a "RIP Geno".
And meeh. The only scenarios you should worry is if we are 2 characters left and still no Geno or we get someone else from the Mario franchise, be it Paper Mario or Waluigi (I highly doubt we are getting two from the same franchise)

pinshadow

Smash Lord

-Today is the 22nd.

So, super close.

For the record, Amiibo theory was always about character RELEASES, not reveals.

• Piranha Plant January 31st, new Amiibo February 14th
  • Joker April 17th, new Amiibo April 11th
  • Hero July 30th, new Amiibo July 26th
  • Banjo September 4th, new Amiibo September 20th
  • Terry November 6th, new Amiibo November 15th
  • Byleth January 28th, new Amiibo January 17th.
  • Amiibo Restock April 17th (delayed), Arms character was also delayed from a presumably April-ish release
  • Amiibo Restock June 12th, Min Min June 29th
  • Joker/Hero Amiibo in "Fall", Amiibo restock leaked for September presumably also including these two, Fighter 7 presumably in September as well.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Thank you. I guess that's the circle of Smash speculation. As today's trailer has shown some characters get the invite and some miss it (like Springman). I would have liked Heihachi in Smash but seems like it's not supposed to be. No hard feelings, it's just a game for fun after all.
At least the costume looks better this time due to Mii Fighter's improved proportions in Ultimate compared to Smash 4. That short body and the giant fists looked weird. Maybe I'll try maining Mii Brawler again, lol.
Anyway good luck everyone here, the spirit rule is dead so I hope for you that Geno gets in and also for fans of other Namco franchises like Dark Souls, Tales, and everything else I hope for you that one of your most wanteds catches the invite that Heihachi has missed.

Thank you too. Yeah it probably would have been better to have him drop alongside Terry, but as it happened now at least it was at the beginning of this Fighters Pass, so at least the wait is over now.
Feel bad for you. I was no Tekken/Heihachi fan, but the theorycrafting/and the hypothetical Heihachi content you made were probably some of the best in the community. You honestly made me a Heihachi fan, hopefully Heihachi gets a lot of love in the coming year in terms of things outside of Smash. He'll definitely still be the King of Bamco crossovers at the end of the day, and nothing will change that.

And yeah, while it was a annoying move that they didn't put Heihachi with Terry, at the very least he was deconfirmed at the beginning of this Fighters Pass rather than the end.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
1592263921183.png

>Mfw people are already trying to say Geno isn't gonna make it since you have to be a main character to be dlc
> Mfw claims that minmin is technically a main character but completely forgets that nintendo questionaire last year that CONFIRMED Geno is a main character in SMRPG.

You can't escape it, Geno is coming and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
New pfp time!

Make no mistake, though. Despite the circumstances, Cacomallow retiring as my avatar does not mean I no longer believe it or that I lost faith because, say it with me:

CACOMALLOW IS STILL REAL!

Last edited:

_Fun.Tendo_

Smash Cadet
Did anyone notice the ESRB rating at the beginning, with an "E+10 - Teen" rating? Unless I missed something, I don't get why it's there.

Firox

Smash Master
While I think that Min Min looks awesome in her "Fighter" persona, am I the only one that was kind of taken aback at how she looks without the mask and stuff? It's like seeing a glamour girl without her makeup.

Also, Cap Falcon and Kirby slurping that ramen! LOL The memes, people. The MEMES.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Did anyone catch this?

Seems like more Spirit promotions may be done in the future.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Did anyone notice the ESRB rating at the beginning, with an "E+10 - Teen" rating? Unless I missed something, I don't get why it's there.
It refers to the content in the video.

Isn't Fallout T for Teen? Also, Tekken is T for Teen too last I checked.

Oddly enough Mii costumes get that kind of rating within the presentation video.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
> Mfw claims that minmin is technically a main character but completely forgets that nintendo questionaire last year that CONFIRMED Geno is a main character in SMRPG.
I never saw that before, pls show.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
*Geno detractors trying to find a reason why he can't get in after the "Spirits deconfirm" rule is dead
1589140361977.png

(I'm so happy for you guys! I thought an ARMS character was cool, but man Min Min looks awesome! Still want a Hollow Knight Mii costume though.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Did anyone catch this?

Since they’re going to change spirit battles in the future, they can definitely bring back the Geno costume and replace Sheik to Mii Gunner with playable Geno and also replace the name Geno to maybe Geno doll?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Did anyone catch this?

Logging onto *insert detractor haven of choice here* be like...

"Hey guys, just going to the store after hearing spirits no longer deconfirm. Do you guys want anything?"

The Store:

download (8).jpeg

T2by4

Smash Lord
I never saw that before, pls show.
I don't have the image, it was from some gameshow where they asked various nintendo questions. It was something along the lines of which of these main characters (x)? And the answer was Geno. It was an official question from Nintendo themselves. I'm sure somone in this thread will post it.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
Feel bad for you. I was no Tekken/Heihachi fan, but the theorycrafting/and the hypothetical Heihachi content you made were probably some of the best in the community. You honestly made me a Heihachi fan, hopefully Heihachi gets a lot of love in the coming year in terms of things outside of Smash. He'll definitely still be the King of Bamco crossovers at the end of the day, and nothing will change that.

And yeah, while it was a annoying move that they didn't put Heihachi with Terry, at the very least he was deconfirmed at the beginning of this Fighters Pass rather than the end.
Really? Thanks! That's really cool! It means a lot to me that you liked the moveset so much that you became a fan! Really nice to hear!
Yeah he still has a future somewhere else as Tekken is alive and kicking and Tekken 8 will probably be a thing a few years into the future and I also hope that one day Tekken x Street Fighter will stop being vaporware, lol.
It was a nice ride theory-crafting but honestly I'm glad it's over now.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Geno's now trending on Twitter. Everyone there pointing out his chances being high up now! :awesome:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Been a few hours, how's everyone feeling about Min Min and Geno's chances? I personally can't wait for Min Min and I think Geno's in an amazing spot. I've also switched around my predictions for the pass, I think we're gonna get Rex & Pyra, Geno, Rayman or Crash, Waluigi, and the inevitable Gen 8 Pokemon rep

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Looks like DLC Pack 2 is getting spirit boards again. So what do you guys think Geno's spirit board will look like?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I just wanna point out that I just find it really strange that Sakurai And Nintendo are making such a huge deal about Spirit battles being changed. I personally don't think they would be making such a huge deal about this if they weren't planning on upgrading more Spirits. That is why I do think we are in for more Spirit upgrades in the near future.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I really hope there is some Min Min and Geno fan art(As well as other spirits) that appears, as unlikely as that would seem. Would be nice having a crossover like that since Min Min has given such an assist to spirits.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Been a few hours, how's everyone feeling about Min Min and Geno's chances? I personally can't wait for Min Min and I think Geno's in an amazing spot. I've also switched around my predictions for the pass, I think we're gonna get Rex & Pyra, Geno, Rayman or Crash, Waluigi, and the inevitable Gen 8 Pokemon rep
Was about 15% confident. Now about 60%. Although Fatman's theory on amiibo's may be a good inidicator, I don't know enough about amiibo theory to confirm if it's actually factually accurate. Is the theory that the amiibo's being released are related to the characters announced? Because I don't personally recall that being a thing unless someone can better inform me on it.

But yeah, about 60% now. Which is a heck of a lot better than before.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

-Today is the 22nd.

So, super close.

My face when we get the reveal on July 7 for the 7th DLC character. Also it being so early after Min Min.

One Piece typical reaction to anything shocking.jpg

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Looks like DLC Pack 2 is getting spirit boards again. So what do you guys think Geno's spirit board will look like?
Min Min's spirit board has the ARMS spirits that are already in the game (aside from Min Min herself), so I'm assuming that Mallow will be in there. Maybe spirits for the Mario RPG versions of Mario, Peach, and Bowser (and Yoshi?), along with the Smithy-related bosses. (Mack, Bowyer, Yaridovich, the Axem Rangers, and Smithy)

Hopefully we get Culex, though that's largely because I want his boss theme in Smash. I could also see Croco, Booster, and/or Valentina being included.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Also, I never thought I would ever see Geno trend on Twitter. And people think the Geno support is just an echo chamber and a vocal minority lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom