• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
So, here's Min Min's Spirit Board, seems like they DON'T all need to be new Spirits. Even the "WHAT ABOUT THE SPIRIT BOARD THOUGH" people are getting BTFO. View attachment 275700
So there is a spirit board, huh? But at least this also proves they CAN use spirits they already have implemented in Spirit Boards. Also Min-Min seems absent, I wonder if they will upgrade the actual Min-Min spirit to a Fighter Spirit?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I'm inclined to agree, I genuinely don't think they'd make Mii costumes THIS FAR in advance.
Once the DLC characters are done being modeled the art guys aren't just twiddling their thumbs all day. They can pump out Mii costumes in an afternoon and probably have a huge cache just sitting there waiting to be released. It would be kind of inefficient to make literally 5 at a time and do nothing in that department for the next 5 months or whatever

Firox

Smash Master
you cannot run from the truth
Some people try to lie to themselves and call it a safe space. Unfortunately, Reality doesn't seem to care.....
(Obscure South Park reference. Look up the episode. It speaks the truth.)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , you said something about a Gooigi Mii Fighter costume possibly showing up today.

We didn't get that costume, but if we had, I guess it would've been a good sign for Geno's chances? What are your thoughts now that it hasn't shown up?
It's good either way. If it had showed up today, it would have supported Mii Costume Guy's extensive Mii costume list. The fact that it didn't means that it's likely being held off for... Someone else along with the secret Nintendo Mii costume. I'm really excited about what this could imply.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Oh, and Min Min's Spirit IS also part of the World of Light Board, so that argument doesn't work against Geno either.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Quick thoughts:
  • Geno inbound
  • Vault Boy Mii Costume imo =/= CacoMallow dead. Why add Cacodemon Mii hat now, when we might have the Doom Slayer CP coming up later?:nifty:To add to this, DOOM Eternal's Switch release date is STILL to be announced.
  • It's been a while since the NES and SNES NSO libraries have been updated (a bit over a month I think?)
  • Min Min's playstyle is genius. Assigning both arms to A and B respectively really incorporates a playstyle that feels close to the source material.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So there is a spirit board, huh? But at least this also proves they CAN use spirits they already have implemented in Spirit Boards. Also Min-Min seems absent, I wonder if they will upgrade the actual Min-Min spirit to a Fighter Spirit?
Since all the Spirits on her board have already been in the game than yes I'm inclined to believe they will just turn her in game Spirit into a Fighter Spirit.

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
I feel Cacomellow might not happen by this point tbh, it was like, 3 or 4 mii passes ago.

I am also not entirely positive this means Geno will get in, but any argument on why he shouldn't get in will now be entirely directed at the character and not potential rules in character selection. This also means Geno will have a ton more competition now, do to a lot more popular request likely building off steam from the "Spirit's don't deconfirm" thing going on. Bandana Dee, Shantae, Toad, Dixie Kong. I still am hoping for some of the characters who lack sprits in general getting in though.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Wow, harsh, what did I do to get ignored by Icewolff92 Icewolff92 ? I was curious where he’s been and noticed he’s back.
Ops, sorry. Misread about the second users... You're not on my ignore list
If you wonder where I have been. well, I live under the same roof with a woman (who I just happen to be in a relationship with) and her a soon half-year-old "stepson" during a corona time, while trying to make a living as a freelancer.

Last edited:

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
New bold prediction!

Min-Min > Geno > Doom Slayer > Lloyd Irving.
Those three seem more obvious to me. I’m betting that Doomguy and Geno will be revealed either in the same direct or very close together because the Mii costumes were being worked on together (supposedly). With Heihachi out of the running, Namco will go with their other big rep—Lloyd. His moveset can practically be lifted straight out of TOS no problem, and it’s bizarre that the guys developing the game still only have one character.

I no longer have a solid clue who 10 and 11 will be, but I can wildly guess—

Tails’ Mii costume hasn’t returned, and that’s bizarre to me. Knuckles was turned into an Assist Trophy, and Shadow remained as one too despite being the perfect Echo Fighter. So that leaves us with Tails. Or Eggman, but I’m leaning more towards Tails.

I used to think Master Chief would be a lock, but now I’m not so sure. He’d be an amazing closer, but with Doomguy looking much more likely, I can’t imagine them putting another Space Marine with such a similar moveset.

Rex and/or Pyrrha. After today’s presentation, it looks like Sakurai’s trying to make amends for the base roster. Although I think it’s more likely we could see a solo Pyrrha.

Sora. Why not? Aside from him being super expensive.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Tails’ Mii costume hasn’t returned, and that’s bizarre to me. Knuckles was turned into an Assist Trophy, and Shadow remained as one too despite being the perfect Echo Fighter. So that leaves us with Tails. Or Eggman, but I’m leaning more towards Tails.
Tails returned with Joker and so did Knuckles

Firox

Smash Master
I don't get it. How are people claiming that Cacomallow is definitively dead just because the costumes would have been in development almost a year ago? That's like saying that the Heihachi costume couldn't show up again just because it existed 4 YEARS ago. Look, Sakurai and his team have proven (PROVEN) that old costumes can show up well after the base game was completed. Even if Cacomallow was being developed TWO YEARS ago, Sakurai releases it when he's damn well ready. He's got a plan for how to release things and there's guaranteed to be reasoning that we don't understand yet. Sakurai takes a page out of Gandalf's book:

"A wizard costume is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives PRECISELY when he means to."

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Ops, sorry. Misread about the second users... You're not on my ignore list
If you wonder where I have been. well, I¨m sambo with a soon half-year-old "stepson" during a corona time, while trying to make a living as a freelancer.
hahah excellent to hear! Ah, I misread things aall The time! Cheers mate.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Something I want to note that may have been lost in the mix... Joker and Hero are releasing together in the fall.... The next Amiibo wave is September... This Amiibo wave includes the rereleases of Smash Mario, Luigi, and Cloud...

Brothers, the day we have been working towards for 15 years may soon be upon us.
> Mario and Square together.

GENO BUTT KICKING HYPERDRIVE.png

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
As you can see here, the detractors are already hard at work to look for more reasons as to why Geno can still never get in
1592841535618.png

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I don't get it. How are people claiming that Cacomallow is definitively dead just because the costumes would have been in development almost a year ago? That's like saying that the Heihachi costume couldn't show up again just because it existed 4 YEARS ago. Look, Sakurai and his team have proven (PROVEN) that old costumes can show up well after the base game was completed. Even if Cacomallow was being developed TWO YEARS ago, Sakurai releases it when he's damn well ready. He's got a plan for how to release things and there's guaranteed to be reasoning that we don't understand yet. Sakurai takes a page out of Gandalf's book:

"A wizard costume is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives PRECISELY when he means to."
It¨s because of Vault Boy + there is more than once that rumors "false but right information"

hahah excellent to hear! Ah, I misread things aall The time! Cheers mate.
Hehe, thanks. Love them both to death so I can´t complain. Life finally seems to give me some slack.

MattX20

Smash Hero
One thing I don't think we've discussed is that only the Heihachi costume returned. Given how few returning Smash 4 Mii Costumes are left, I think we'll only see one per wave until they're finished from here on out not including potential upgrades like Geno or Lloyd.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The victory chants about spirits deconfirming being deconfirmed are not directed towards though who felt it did and moved on, but rather those who annoyingly pushed the idea like it was a God given truth.

Basically, those who went 'I'm thinking spirits won't be promoted and are out of the running, but that's just how I see it' can celebrate with everyone else.

Those who went 'Spirits aren't ever going to be playable, they are done, you're stupid favorite is not happening, deal it with you morons. Its so obvious they are out, fanboy' now have to eat crow.

D

Deleted member

It¨s because of Vault Boy + there is more than once that rumors "false but right information"

Hehe, thanks. Love them both to death so I can´t complain. Life finally seems to give me some slack.
Glad to see you guys work things out

pinshadow

Smash Lord
EbH8HTJU4AEC__B.jpg

Once again, he seems firm that only 5 more are planned. I don't see us getting any bonus characters until the end of the pass on the slim chance we even do get more.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
SoyReactionToGeno.jpg

There has been a lot of this today regarding Min Min's announcement. Really hoping this keeps going because Geno in Smash might be better than I could have ever imagined. The sodium chloride is just too good.

zoomerinshambles.gif

Last edited:

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
Ladies and gentlemen, today, 22 of June of 2020, we are celebrating one of the most impactful events in the story of Super Smash Bros Ultimate, spirits don't deconfirm characters, all those characters that were rejected a year and a half ago are back in the table, well actually, they were never out of the table to begin with...

I will post my thoughts about Cacomallow tomorrow since today we are celebrating a great victory.

Firox

Smash Master
I don't see what bearing Vault Boy has on disproving Cacomallow. There's no rule (unless we just invented one) that says we can't have Vault Boy AND Cacodemon in smash. As for your second point, I need you to elaborate. I can't understand what you're trying to say there.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Ladies and gentlemen, today, 22 of June of 2020, we are celebrating one of the most impactful events in the story of Super Smash Bros Ultimate, spirits don't deconfirm characters, all those characters that were rejected a year and a half ago are back in the table, well actually, they were never out of the table to begin with...

I will post my thoughts about Cacomallow tomorrow since today we are celebrating a great victory.
True dat. Though not without casualties (may Heihachi and Spring Man's sacrifices not be in vain), I think the argument over Spirits is officially done... and that's nothing but a good thing going forward.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Once the DLC characters are done being modeled the art guys aren't just twiddling their thumbs all day. They can pump out Mii costumes in an afternoon and probably have a huge cache just sitting there waiting to be released. It would be kind of inefficient to make literally 5 at a time and do nothing in that department for the next 5 months or whatever
Not really stating that Cacomallow is dead or alive (I'm neutral like always).

But Cacomallow was pretty much done over a year ago. I doubt someone from Sakurai's A-Team leaked mii costumes, so that likely means that the mii costume was leaked by playtesters... that are playtesting content like mii costumes (especially ones relating to a future character) a year in advance. I find it strange that someone as cautious as Sakurai/Nintendo about leaks would leave such a big security flaw in terms of mii costumes. Especially if Mallow or Cacodemon are related to an upcoming character, you'd think that they would be on heavy security until that character is confirmed/near confirmation.

If Cacomallow was just a name on a list, I'd be more inclined to believe it now. But as it is, people like playtesters have already accessed it around 9 months ago, and that's not counting the actual development time for these mii costumes.

It is possible that Cacomallow is still real despite all of this, but it does get more and more "unlikely" as time goes on. That combined with the fact that Nintendo didn't do a takedown of the videos (which they tend to always attempt regarding video leaks) makes it very easy to believe Cacomallow isn't real.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Also, no way in hell will Eleven be the only DQ amiino in the end, not after they made both Cloud and Sad Cloud amiibos. No Erdrick amiibo? Please, like THAT'S going to fly well with fans.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Not really stating that Cacomallow is dead or alive (I'm neutral like always).

But Cacomallow was pretty much done over a year ago. I doubt someone from Sakurai's A-Team leaked mii costumes, so that likely means that the mii costume was leaked by playtesters... that are playtesting content like mii costumes (especially ones relating to a future character) a year in advance.
Extremely credible people have leaked Mii costumes months and months ago that we haven't seen yet, alongside some we have. The only way this is possible is if the Mii costumes are worked on well in advance. There is literally zero reason to not have your playtesters test out Mii costumes you have sitting there waiting for release, especially if they aren't doing anything else.

Droodle

Smash Lord
View attachment 275715
Once again, he seems firm that only 5 more are planned. I don't see us getting any bonus characters until the end of the pass on the slim chance we even do get more.
Well, he did say "at least"; which does give some hope for some more DLC characters, as unlikely as it may be.

Extremely credible people have leaked Mii costumes months and months ago that we haven't seen yet, alongside some we have. The only way this is possible is if the Mii costumes are worked on well in advance. There is literally zero reason to not have your playtesters test out Mii costumes you have sitting there waiting for release, especially if they aren't doing anything else.
There's a difference in saying that ____ will be a mii costume in Smash, and actual providing full blown video evidence of that mii costume in a nearly completed state over a year earlier. As far as I can tell, no extremely credible leaker provided video footage nearly a year in advance. It's like I said, I'd be more inclined to believe Cacomallow is real now if it was just a name in a otherwise accurate list, rather than a video leak that got no takedowns from Nintendo.

And while I have 0 idea of the playtesting process, it seems pretty stupid to playtest so far in advance in a game that is as secretive as Smash. The reason for not playtesting top secret DLC content is to prevent it from leaking nearly a year early. Besides going by your logic, playtesters have likely already covered everything up to FP 11 at this point (at least in terms of mii costumes), how bad would it be if someone managed to leak a ton of that stuff out. Would Nintendo do nothing, like they did with Cacomallow (if it was real)? On top of that, the Smash playtesters likely aren't struggling with things to do to the point where they're able to playtest content coming 4+ waves in advance. There are other, non-DLC related content that they could always playtest such as balance changes.

There may have been mii leaks far in advance in terms of base game, but DLC is a completely different story in terms of protecting leaking. I just can't see how Nintendo could be so careless about their security that a playtester manages to leak several seconds of relatively good footage of content coming a year in advance. These things happen, obviously, but this a pretty colossal error on their part. They haven't bothered taking down the footage either, which is definitely out of character for them to do, especially if they relate to upcoming DLC fighters.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Oh, and a few important notes.
  • Min Min was a request from the Arms producer Kosuke Yabuki, but Sakurai said he was already planning on adding either Min Min or Ninjara, who is also a spirit, so it being a special request doesn't matter in regards to upgrades. He just doesn't give a damn.
  • Those two characters happen to be the two who did the best in the final Party Crash, so almost 100% it DID factor into the fighter in some fashion.
  • Obviously, interesting implication here, WOULD Sakurai have considered Spring Man if he DID get to the top 2 in the Party Crash? We still don't have any real answers to whether or not they are considering Assist Trophies.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Obviously Genos chances are looking REALLY DAMN SPICY now, but i also really feel like a Zenoblade character is basically inevitable, could be rex, elma or even fiora, but probably rex or elma

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
Don't... JudgeHeihachi JudgeHeihachi I'm really sorry about today. You're still welcome here and I"LL send you a PM later today. You gave us the Power of Six theory so I definitely respect your overall contributions to the community.
Thank you. I guess that's the circle of Smash speculation. As today's trailer has shown some characters get the invite and some miss it (like Springman). I would have liked Heihachi in Smash but seems like it's not supposed to be. No hard feelings, it's just a game for fun after all.
At least the costume looks better this time due to Mii Fighter's improved proportions in Ultimate compared to Smash 4. That short body and the giant fists looked weird. Maybe I'll try maining Mii Brawler again, lol.
Anyway good luck everyone here, the spirit rule is dead so I hope for you that Geno gets in and also for fans of other Namco franchises like Dark Souls, Tales, and everything else I hope for you that one of your most wanteds catches the invite that Heihachi has missed.

So, no bingo
View attachment 275625

That being said...
  • Christ he didn't even ADDRESS Min-Min being a spirit already. IT'S ALMOST LIKE DUMBASS FANRULES DON'T MATTER? She looks really fun though, nice to see my moveset predictions were atleast close to the money
  • JudgeHeihachi JudgeHeihachi I am REALLY sorry. Like, Genuinely, that sucks. It really sucks. They could and should have ripped off the bandaid with Terry, but they didn't. I guess ARMS WAS partially developed by Namco (they did alot of the visual assets apparently) but still, ouch.
  • So uh, Vault Boy? Wow that's neat, if only there was some old very convincing looking leak that had an Id software character as well? HMMMMMMMMMMM
Cacomallow is R E A L. I BELIEVE!

In other words...

HE'S IN. GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN.
https://rave.dj/G_Mfs7tYrEVvFw
Thank you too. Yeah it probably would have been better to have him drop alongside Terry, but as it happened now at least it was at the beginning of this Fighters Pass, so at least the wait is over now.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I don't see what bearing Vault Boy has on disproving Cacomallow. There's no rule (unless we just invented one) that says we can't have Vault Boy AND Cacodemon in smash. As for your second point, I need you to elaborate. I can't understand what you're trying to say there.
The second part might not be the best example.
Let me put it like this then.

We had indication that we were getting something Square related prior to the launch of the game (which we know where Hero). Then the grinch leak appears, with Geno being onboard, getting people to wonder if it was to be connected with this seven name leak...

Now we have Fatman's Bethesda comment away back, causing a similar effect with the cacamallow from when the grinch came out before Hero got revealed. These costumes could easily just been someone trying to replicate the internet talk as grinch did... But who knows, maybe Cacamallow is real, and if so (insert celebration music here) I just highly doubt this at this point based that I feel the release is off. Vault Boy could be the perfect release with Geno if he is in, arriving with cacamallow costume (for example)...

Edit - And don¨t forget that they did NOT take down the video as Droodle pointed out

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and a few important notes.
  • Min Min was a request from the Arms producer Kosuke Yabuki, but Sakurai said he was already planning on adding either Min Min or Ninjara, who is also a spirit, so it being a special request doesn't matter in regards to upgrades. He just doesn't give a damn.
  • Those two characters happen to be the two who did the best in the final Party Crash, so almost 100% it DID factor into the fighter in some fashion.
  • Obviously, interesting implication here, WOULD Sakurai have considered Spring Man if he DID get to the top 2 in the Party Crash? We still don't have any real answers to whether or not they are considering Assist Trophies.
Imo I think Assist Trophies are somewhat possible still. The reasoning for Min Min boiled down to Yabuki wanting her. Nothing in the presentation suggested Spring Man wasn't chosen because he was an Assist Trophy so I still think there is a shot if they ever want to go through with one

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I just don't know why they would make these Cacomallow costumes a year in advance of releasing them. Surely they can't be that complex to make and need THAT much playtesting.

Plus, it's a liability for leaks waiting to happen to have these models sitting on some computer somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom