• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

High quality pictures of the Hero amiibo

IMG_20200622_110135.jpg

IMG_20200622_110136.jpg

I swear the Square amiibo tend to look amazing. Gives me hope for a cool-looking Geno Mii.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I feel like the presence of Bethesda in Smash Brothers only serves to strengthen the legitimacy of the Cacomallow leak; 3rd Party companies have had multiple costumes appear, so there's no reason to believe that Bethesda wouldn't want to double dip and get another costume set in later. Honestly, since they now have some hand in this game, I think it means the Cacodaemon costume has a higher chance of being legitimate, because the foundation has now been set for potential additions from the same company later on.

Frankly? Cacomallow is real, and if that is real, and Spirits Don't Deconfirm, then the stars are truly starting to align in our favor!

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Sakurai has no allegiance to Base Game content. He'll just replace it with DLC if it comes up. Geno and Waluigi fans rejoice on this day!

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Loved everything about the presentation! Was hoping for a hero situation to kill off the spirit and assist fanrule but my god Min Min is my new main!! She looks so fun and V A U L T B O Y??? I'm definitely buying the pass. And Spirits are no longer a deconfirm!! Today was a great day for us Geno fans, the stars are aligning! I'm hoping we won't have to wait too long for Geno, maybe announced in July/August and released in September for Mario's 35th?

Still hoping Waluigi comes with Geno or at the end of the pass as a bonus P L E A S E

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
"Why would Cacodemon not be with Vault Boy?" Because while Bethesda publishes the DOOM games, the series is owned by Zenimax Media.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(franchise)
tbh, if anyone's going by the logic that CacoDemon and Vault Boy would have to be shown off together, it kinda confirms Lloyd. Seeing as how his costume would come back with Heihachi's if he were getting his costume back.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
If the Spirit fan rule can die so can the Assist Trophy one. Come on Waluigi! Let's set everyone free!
Since the playable character ended up being Min Min, I expected Sakurai to address the Assist Trophy situation... but the closest he came to that was saying that Spring Man wasn't the protagonist (Everyone is a Protagonist!) and that Min Min was a special request. No word on Spring Man's Assist Trophy status being a straight up deconfirmation.

I guess the Assist Trophy debate will rage on, at least for one more character. Hopefully we get some closure soon.

Last edited:

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
About an hour late, but we did it boys!! Spirits are back on the table, and Geno is still MIA. Everything’s looking great right now!

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I am not sure why having Vault Boy Mii Costume kills the Cacodemon leak. Third party Mii Costumes have been spread around throughout the 1st DLC pass ... why does this one have to be different?

Also ... where's Lloyd's Mii costume then with that logic?

Again, I am not saying this outright PROVES the CacoMallow leak ... but it doesn't kill it since we've seen third party Mii costumes get shuffled throughout the first pass.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I don't know, isn't it just the SLIGHTEST bit odd the ONE Bethesda character they chose to give the costume to is the one with the least Switch presence? Not something Elder Scrolls or DOOM related? For the record, in Smash 4 the third-party DLC costumes appeared randomly all over the place. None of the Sega, Capcom, or Namco costumes were released together in one pack. All this does is confirm that YES, the Bethesda talks DID go somewhere, and given that Doom seemed to be apart of that I don't see why we choose to throw it out.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
tbh, if anyone's going by the logic that CacoDemon and Vault Boy would have to be shown off together, it kinda confirms Lloyd. Seeing as how his costume would come back with Heihachi's if he were getting his costume back.
It would also have to confirm Monster Hunter and Geno. There's no argument that says Cacomallow is impossible that doesn't also confirm Lloyd, Monster Hunter, and Geno as all playable. Take your pick--either it's real and he's in, or it's fake because a company wouldn't split their costumes between two fighters, and therefore he's in because his costume didn't come with Hero

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
What kind of mental gymnastics have to be performed to see today’s events as “killing” the cacomallow leak?
Mental Gymnastics? Really? I don’t see what pole I’m jumping over with my reasoning.

All I’m asking is:
Ubisoft got both their costumes at the same times. So wouldn’t it be likely that the Cacodemon and Vault Boy come together since they are both Zenimax properties because of that.

And way before this, people still continue to ignore Marty’s interview. He made it seem like nothing came out of their talks with Nintendo. So why would they get a costume all of a sudden?

You don’t need this “leak” to prove Geno is in. It’s literally piggybacking off that mii costume list, which is a huge point in favor of Geno. Why continue to cling on to this?

And I’m saying this as Doomguy supporter. I WANT to be wrong and for Doomguy to be in. But I’m trying to be real here.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Mii costumes for tomorrow: Shantae or Hollow Knight for another Indie rep.
Some arms costumes.
Another 3rd party costume, probably Namco.
Nice, 2 out of 3. And got min min and character upgrade in the bingo.
I am glad Heihachi is out.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
"Why would Cacodemon not be with Vault Boy?" Because while Bethesda publishes the DOOM games, the series is owned by Zenimax Media.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(franchise)
But they are all under the same umbrella tbh. I think Geno is quite likely and spirits being fair game helps that but cacomallow was already on thin ice to begin with as it wasn't taken down and it would make no sense from a legal perspective to not take it down. Hype isn't really something that would stop them as the ESRB leak did that to most of smash 3ds including new characters but they did it anyway.

Either way at least spirits are fair game. Assists are probably not though imo. Sakurai said he may have went with Ninjara and there was no mention of Spring Man despite him being the mascot but NOT the protagonist. I cannot stress the last part enough

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Mental Gymnastics? Really? I don’t see what pole I’m jumping over with my reasoning.

All I’m asking is:
Ubisoft got both their costumes at the same times. So wouldn’t it be likely that the Cacodemon and Vault Boy come together since they are both Zenimax properties because of that.
Again, are we just ignoring Sega and Capcom or what?

There are literally more examples of costumes being split between characters than there are of them all showing up in one direct

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
They have characters in the game. I would say it’s not the same thing as Ubisoft or Bethesda.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
There have been numerous companies that had their Mii Costumes spread out over various character releases. Lest we forget, the rest of the Mega Man costumes came during Terry and Byleth's showcases.

I'm skeptical of the CacoDemon leak, but there's nothing that says Bethesda can't release a Vault Boy costume next week and then Doom related ones later.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Hrmmmm.., your prediction was almost spot on!
A little off topic but noting your avatar, you a Prince of All Cosmos supporter? If anything, today's returning Heihachi costume reveal is great for us, since it eliminates one of the two big competitors for Katamari! Also spirits not deconfirming means Pac Man's taunt shouldn't, either!

Namco could simply be pulling a Capcom, since the latter spread their returning costumes across multiple packs, and Min Min is a fighting game character so he fits her pack.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
One thing I'd like to point out is that throughout the whole 35-ish minutes of the presentation, not once did Sakurai make much of a fuzz about Min Min being a Spirit, or Springman being an Assist Trophy for that matter. Color me surprised, it's almost as if a character having an already existing role in-game is a non-factor for the development team when deciding upon fighters for upcoming DLC. Imagine that.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Bros, does anyone have that image with all the mii costume crossed off? Who's left? I know heihachi was one of them, and every presentation we've gotten at least one of those costumes per presentation.
1592227774228.png

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Well keep in mind, it would be no surprised if costumes can be finished ahead of time. I would still give Cacodemon a little more time up to 8. Not that it probably matters anymore.
Your absolutely right. Cacamallow could be false and Geno could still be in or vice versa. It still does not change the fact that Vaultboy were revealed without Cacamallow, and that is without a doubt a potential middle finger.
Zenimax and Bethesda is essentially the same company if you go into the nit and gritty so that argument does not work

axel_

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, isn't it just the SLIGHTEST bit odd the ONE Bethesda character they chose to give the costume to is the one with the least Switch presence? Not something Elder Scrolls or DOOM related? For the record, in Smash 4 the third-party DLC costumes appeared randomly all over the place. None of the Sega, Capcom, or Namco costumes were released together in one pack. All this does is confirm that YES, the Bethesda talks DID go somewhere, and given that Doom seemed to be apart of that I don't see why we choose to throw it out.
I'm skeptical of the CacoDemon leak, but there's nothing that says Bethesda can't release a Vault Boy costume next week and then Doom related ones later.

DOOM IS NOT BETHESDA.
DOOM SHOULD NEVER BE ASSOCIATED WITH BETHESDA.
ID SHOULD NEVER BE ASSOCIATED WITH BETHESDA.

TriggerX

Smash Ace

There are literally more examples of costumes being split between characters than there are of them all showing up in one direct
They might need to be ignored. Every one of those companies had a character in the base game.

Who knows why this is a pattern, but they may have just had more time negotiating these kinds of things with these companies since they were most likely involved super early in development of ultimate.

D

Deleted member

Your absolutely right. Cacamallow could be false and Geno could still be in or vice versa. It still does not change the fact that Vaultboy were revealed without Cacamallow, and that is without a doubt a potential middle finger.

Zenimax and Bethesda is essentially the same company if you go into the nit and gritty so that argument does not work
You should go read some posts that came up right about now made by Jarbar and xnpc

Last edited by a moderator:

Firox

Smash Master
Sega has 4 non-Persona DLC Mii costumes. Two of them came with Joker and two of the came with Terry. Capcom also had two with Banjo and two with Byleth. Don't really see why that matters
You silly goose with your logic and reason. Stop moving the goal post back to where it was. People might actually score! :ultpacman:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
DOOM IS NOT BETHESDA.
Zenimax, whatever, the point stands. Nintendo would be talking with them first and foremost about this, and I just think out of all the characters Vault Boy is a weird choice to be the only representation they get.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
DOOM IS NOT BETHESDA.
ZENIMAX, BUT TOO F****** BAD, THEY STILL OWN ID

But yeah, Vault Boy is a bizarre choice, but as a mascot character he makes sense.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Well, overall that character turned out really good for people who wanted an upgrade. I doubt anyone thinks spirits aren't possible anymore, and I personally extend that out to AT's. Really excited that it was Min-Min as she was up there with Max Chad for me.

The good:
- Spirit fanrule bites the dust. That means that we won't have to deal with Spirit deniers anymore.
- Geno Mii costume hasn't returned yet.
- A HUGE section explaining that they're willing to change spirit fights.
- Vault Boy showing up for those people that still support Cacomallow.

The neutral:
- By the time 7 is expected to release, Cacomallow would be in development for 9-10 at the very least (1 year+ maybe). Assuming an August-September release for 7 of course.

The Bad:
- Heihachi's mii costume showcases that they're willing to "delay" mii costumes past the point in time where they would have originally made sense. Heihachi could have fit right into the Fatal Fury mii costumes, but instead they chose to release him to 2 mii waves further. I know ARMS technically fits better, but still kinda a annoying move to pull for the Heihachi fans (like JudgeHeihachi, hope he takes it well). This opens up the possibility that they can do that to other characters as well, ie. Geno.
- Vault Boy Mii costumes while not premium in the sense that it comes with a music track, still looks like a mii costume along the lines of Sans/Cuphead. It definitely has more effort put into it than a lot of the others, proving that fancy mii costumes can be from non-indie series.

Overall really good for us, but there were some slight downsides for Geno's chances within the presentation as well. I still view him as pretty likely, like I said before (50-60%) chance of making it in as a fighter.

The 2 characters I'd rate higher than Geno in terms of likelihood currently are:
1. Lloyd/Yuri/Tales of: With having their biggest competition being effectively murdered, a Tales character really doesn't have any real competition within Bamco anymore. The previous DLC shows that whoever is picking the roster is at the very least big fans of JRPGS, and Tales is one huge left in Japan. There are still some others (Disgaea/Trails/Nier/KH/Ys), but they have a foggier path to get into Smash. I view them as around 70-75% likely at this point.

2. Rex and Pyra/Mythra: ARMS was in a very "similar" boat to Rex and Pyra, and we finally got an ARMS rep. Rex and Pyra were pretty well requested (much more than ARMS), and I think they still top polls in Japan with usually Bandana Dee or Rex and Pyra being the most requested "promotion" there. Nintendo/Monolith seems to be interested in making the Xenoblade IP more valuable as well. At this point, I'd honestly be surprised if they don't manage to get into Smash during this DLC. Also it's awfully convenient we're missing some of the best music from XC 2 in Smash, making music choices really easy to think of (80% likely).

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So we're just making up more random fan rules now?
I’m not making up any fan rules. All I’m saying is that this costume has supposedly been ready for months. Another third party in a similar situation to Bethesda had multiple costumes drop at once.
Why didn’t they drop a costume they’ve had ready for so long with Vault Boy then?
And if the answer is “because doom guy is in”, then why wasn’t the vault boy costume held off with him?

Look, after thinking about it. I am being quite unreasonable with this. It’s wrong to say it kills the leak. But can I at least say it hinders it? Because I feel everyone going “Cacomallow confirmed” are being just as unreasonable. Marty’s interview was pretty damning to the leak in the first place but no one wants to address that.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Ya know what? Today actually sold me on getting the fighters pass #2. And not just because of Min Min, but because all these new revelations about Spirits no longer deconfirming and spirit battles getting retconned are just too awesome not to see what's coming.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

All I’m asking is:

And way before this, people still continue to ignore Marty’s interview. He made it seem like nothing came out of their talks with Nintendo. So why would they get a costume all of a sudden?

You don’t need this “leak” to prove Geno is in. It’s literally piggybacking off that mii costume list, which is a huge point in favor of Geno. Why continue to cling on to this?

And I’m saying this as Doomguy supporter. I WANT to be wrong and for Doomguy to be in. But I’m trying to be real here.
There’s more costumes that have been split amongst companies than have come together.
Also people bend the truth in interviews all the time.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
DOOM IS NOT BETHESDA.
DRAGON QUEST IS NOT SQUARE ENIX
DRAGON QUEST SHOULD NEVER BE ASSOCIATED WITH SQUARE ENIX
ENIX SHOULD NEVER BE ASSOCIATED WITH SQUARE ENIX

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
People that have wished Geno fans dead and hurled insults at them for the past several years seeing us get excited: "Wow Geno fans really are the worst!!"

Seethe.

Cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom