• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
Wow! A lot to unpack here.... some key takeaways for me:

-Min Min, baby! Gotta say, in retrospect, it makes a ton of sense. She's the single most popular ARMS character whose kicks give her a little more umph to her moveset. She looks like she could be an awesome counter to sword fighters and heavies as long as her air game can be mastered. And tilt reflector?! Yes PLEASE!

-The stage seems mostly inspired by springman's stage, so I guess trying to predict the character based on their stage was a moot point. Still, it looks really cool.

-Leave it up to Sakurai to sell me on the moveset. She looks like a blast to play and seems to be as complex or as simple as you want her to be.

-RIP Heihachi. Looks like he was the only major speculation character to take a hit with today's mii costumes. GENO LIVES!!!

-Also DING DONG THE SPIRIT RULE IS DEAD!!! May it burn peacefully in Hell where it belongs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

5 bucks the Social Thread Will keep forgetting I exist and won't tag me for this:

Screenshot_20200622-153804_YouTube.jpg

Anyways, future looks bright for our Starsend savior.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Prediction:
- Min Min is the character
- Stage: Sky Arena
- Spirits don't deconfirm, Sakurai even makes a small joke about it
- Mii Costumes: none from ARMS, instead 2 Monster Hunter costumes, Cacodemon & Doomguy costume and two costumes from a Nintendo series already in, let's say Callie and Marie costumes.
- Amiibo for Wave 2 announced. In september, Joker and Hero will release.
- Sakurai ends the presentation just with a goodbye and leaves us in the dark about when we're getting FP7.

Hrmmmm.., your prediction was almost spot on!

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Golly, they sure were adamant about them being completely willing to alter spirit battles in future updates.

Gee, it's almost like Spirits don't mean anything this time around, HMMMMMMM.

D

Deleted member

We were talking about how "cacamallow" would confirm/disconfirm the list. Were any of these costumes on the list, it would help us too. Just because a spirit does not de-confirm does not mean we automatically "won" as of now.
Well, no duh it doesn’t mean we won but completely proves spirits have a chance. Since Bethesda is actually involved, Cacodemon may seem more likely. These costumes could easily show up later though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geno be surviving Mii Costume exterminations like

Sadly my main computer is dead so I can't make a explosive ass meme, but for all my fears, today was a good day. Bummer that ATs are seemingly double deconfirmed, but people were getting way too uppity assuming spirits automatically deconfirmed. Feels ****ing amazing for the rules to die in fire. Glad the insults I went through elsewhere weren't for nothing.

Huh? Oh yeah, Geno was one of them spirits. Today was a good day.

I actually feel good about the future now. (Reasonably so of course, nothing is 100% til it is. But it still feels great. Did I already say that? Am I gloating? I am, shut the **** up.)

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Min Min looks pretty rad, can't wait for her to release and see what she's all about. Might even become one of my mains if I like her enough! Plus we now have official evidence that Spirits don't deconfirm, meaning that Geno is on the table without any shadow of a doubt.

That said, we clearly weren't gonna get through this pass without some sacrifices. Rip in peace, Heihachi.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Spirits deconfirm is dead! Mwa hahaha! That and it may effect future updates bodes very well!

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
This was an extremely good presentation for us

-Spirits rule is dead in the water
-Vault Boy Mii Costume strengthens Cacomallow leak

Geno is in an amazing position, let's hope we see him soon!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Trolling
Wasn’t there some dude who would post in this thread anytime the likelihood of Namco characters were brought up and would write paragraphs and paragraphs about how heihachi was going to get in?

lmao

also cacomallow lives

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
SO, spirit rule finally dead, maybe the idiots will shut up now....

...but fallout guy has me nervous. What does that mean for cacaodemon, and ultimately geno and mallow hat?

TTF

Smash Journeyman
So what did we all think about the presentation?
I really liked it! I feel like Sakurai feels a lot more comfortable presenting from home.

Also, no Geno costume so we're still in the clear!

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
To say today was a great day is a MASSIVE understatement:
-Min Min for the Win Win
-Spirits don’t deconfirm
-Vault Boy is in, meaning that Bethesda is officially involved in Smash and strengthens Cacomallow
-Geno’s costume is STILL MIA

GENO. IS. INEVITABLE.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Wow so it was Min Min. She looks like a lot of fun but I'm still holding off on the pass for now but I think we gained some valuable insight in this video.

First, there was a lot of spirit talk throughout the video so obviously this is good news for us and other characters who couldn't make it into the game before for similar reasons.

Second, the effort put into this moveset and the fact that it was a fan favorite character and the music selection really makes me think we could be in for a fan favorites kind of pass that goes the extra mile kind of like Fatman has suggested. It's still too early to tell but these were all really good signs for Smash fans.

Heihachi coming with ARMS makes some sense but man I was not expecting that or Vault Boy. No cacodemon, but we have seen another company get a costume with an unrelated fighter. Things are really lining up. It's a good day for us Geno bros. Sakurai was wholesome as always. Hoping we at least get a Rayman costume now if we don't get him as a fighter. I'm wondering how vault boy affects cacodemons legitimacy. Lots of thoughts. Very cool presentation. Still need to sell me the pass tho Nintendo.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So what did we all think about the presentation?
I really liked it! I feel like Sakurai feels a lot more comfortable presenting from home.

Also, no Geno costume so we're still in the clear!
I loved it! I was rooting for Min Min, so I may be biased, but it was well presented, charming, and the reveal was pretty stylish even if it gave Min Min away rather quick.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wasn’t there some dude who would post in this thread anytime the likelihood of Namco characters were brought up and would write paragraphs and paragraphs about how heihachi was going to get in?

lmao
Don't... JudgeHeihachi JudgeHeihachi I'm really sorry about today. You're still welcome here and I"LL send you a PM later today. You gave us the Power of Six theory so I definitely respect your overall contributions to the community.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, the detractors are gonna have a field day with all this, huh? Min Min looks interesting to play as, by the way.

D

Deleted member

Highlights of the presentation for me:

>My predictions about Min Min and Heihachi Mii being right.

>Vault Boy and Marie costume

>Hero amiibo

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
fellas i think the announcement said something along the lines of base game spirits being changed in the future... we could be in
He did say the Spirit Board can be altered. That is technically different than the base game, but it is a moot point since all spirits are playable on the board. So yes ... this is good. Very good.

I see why Sakurai would just say the board and not mention the base game so it doesn't tip people off maybe? Plus, simply put ... SPIRITS DON'T DECONFIRM!

Good day indeed.

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Golly, they sure were adamant about them being completely willing to alter spirit battles in future updates.

Looking back, that might mean they'll change Geno's spirit battle to coincide with a possible Mii costume release in the future. That's now a big red flag for me.

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
Ubisoft got a mii hat and a full costume. Bethesda just got a costume.

It's real. Hes in.

Firox

Smash Master

I wish so badly I could like a comment more than once. It really is scary how well things are lining up with the Spirits deconfirm rule now officially dead and Sakurai stating that spirit battles can be retconned. Oh man, HE'S COMING, people!

AshPeer

Smash Cadet
Wow! I genuinely thought spirits deconfirmed, but I am very happy to be proven wrong! Let’s go!!

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Looking back, that might mean they'll change Geno's spirit battle to coincide with a possible Mii costume release in the future. That's now a big red flag for me.
Possible. The biggest way to check this too if someone does a spirit battle against Min Min and see if that battle is changed to fight her now ... well, when the DLC is out.

lmao

also cacomallow lives
TBH I feel bad for him. I thought he was pretty cool and I haven't played Tekken but his passion for Hehachi kinda rubbed off on me. Gotta admit I thought about Heihachi when Sakurai brought up the limbs stuff.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
That presentation was really good, not just for ARMS fans, but us Geno fans as well as other Spirit characters that the fans want. We were all worried for nothing, and the presentation was nothing but good news for us Geno supporters. The whole bit where Sakurai was explaining that Spirit battles can be changed felt like he was taking shots at those who said otherwise. I'm also beyond happy Geno survived through yet another wave of Mii Outfits, and Vault Boy being a Mii Outfit was shocking as hell, and it could be something in favor of CacoMallow since Vault Boy and DOOM are Bethesda and it proves that Bethesda has content in Smash now. I'm not sure of the chances of a Namco rep now that the Heihachi outfit has returned, but it could still be a possibility.

Either way, I am hyped and I'm hoping that Geno will finally make it in, especially now that we have official confirmation that Spirit upgrades are possible.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Disappointed in no Spring Man, but I still like Min Min as she was my second choice and a favorite next to him tbh. I hope Spring Man is kept as ARMS’s mascot, at least...

Also happy to see spirits don’t matter and probably neither do ATs since Spring Man wasn’t rejected for that.

Maybe Geno is FP7, whenever that gets revealed...

And, we got a Bethesda costume, but not Cacodemon, so maybe that was a mod...unless Cacodemon comes with Mallow, but we’d see Geno before them so maybe they don’t matter much in regards to his chances...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom