• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I think we have until they announce the spirit event for this week. Checking back at the other spirit events/tournaments that were the week of the character presentation the spirit event was either revealed first but was revealed earlier in the week (like today for example), or revealed after the character got revealed (which happened with both Banjo and Terry). Not to mention both Hero’s and Terry’s presentations were announced at 9 PM EST (in Daylight Savings time) and 8 PM EST (not in Daylight Savings time) so around 6 and a half hours from now or tomorrow at that time we’ll find out if we’re getting the presentation this week.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I personally don't think we are in for another Capcom character. I feel if their were to be one, the Capcom Mii Outfits would have been saved for the Capcom character.
I think a Capcom rep is likely not happening, and I think the costumes will come back with the ARMS rep or Rex if he gets in.

But if there is a Capcom rep, people are SERIOUSLY sleeping on Monster Hunter. I would argue it's Capcom's biggest series. I mean first of all just the sheer number of games it has, but also Monster Hunter World is the best selling game in Capcom history. It straight up blows Devil May Cry out of the water on every level, far surpassed MegaMan in sales, and I would argue it's just as big as, if not bigger than street fighter. The fact that Monster Hunter has so many games on Nintendo systems and the fact that there's already quite a bit of monster hunter content in smash and has been since smash 4 are just icing on the cake. Imo, if Capcom is getting another character it's Monster Hunter.
We are still missing the Monster Hunter and Rathalos Mii costumes from Smash 4 so Monster Hunter could potentially be our Capcom rep if there is one.

He never implied anything like that, infact...
Correct me if I'm wrong y'all but wasn't Stealth the ******* who some people believe was the one that potentially snitched on Sabi to Nintendo last year before they got the chance to leak Nintendo's E3 Direct?

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I still believe that the ARMS rep reveal may not be on the anniversary date. More it will appear on Thursday.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The only possible reason that I can imagine Nintendo not revealing the fighter this week is under the misapprehension that the reveals would cannibalize sales/they want the tournaments to conclude first. Other than that, I'm more confident in this week frankly since Nintendo is running out of time to get the reveals done.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
The only possible reason that I can imagine Nintendo not revealing the fighter this week is under the misapprehension that the reveals would cannibalize sales/they want the tournaments to conclude first. Other than that, I'm more confident in this week frankly since Nintendo is running out of time to get the reveals done.
They won't overshadow Pokemon. Nintendo knows that Smash hype is unrivaled and that the reveal will hold everyone's attention for a good two weeks. Pokemon is already in rough shape as it is, and if they drop ARMS now it'll take all the attention away from Isle of Armor.

Even if we don't care about Pokemon, they still do. Last year we had to wait until the end of July for Hero because even though we didn't care about Three Houses, Nintendo didn't want to overshadow it with Smash.

It's like having to eat our vegetables before getting desert.

We're not getting anything for awhile

QQS

Smash Lord
5FB116DD-5F06-4003-A338-30059E384DE5.jpeg

My friends this is my post #300 in this thread since I first joined in August 2019. Been an all time fan from 1990, but officially here since there. Suffering and hoping this missing doll in every Smash, but never losing hope.

Just wanna make this post to pre-celebrate that we all share the same passion for this beloved character, it’s our most requested and he truly deserves the spot. I don’t think I will reach post #400, not even #350 before Geno official reveal in Ultimate.

I think #76 reveal will be this week. Tuesday to Thursday are crucial. Then potential character #77, which I think is Geno. Probably even more Smash surprises like Crash or Rayman. Knight Premium and Zelda/Metroid. Of course also SMRPG to the NSO. That would end the puzzle.

Geno photo by Ivan Ramirez on Dribbble

Thanks to all for the continuous support and dedication, we all deserve Geno in Smash. It’s just about a couple of days more to fulfill this long wish, like Banjo-Kazooie, Ridley and Kink K. Rool.

GENO WAKES UP TO BATTLE!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
They won't overshadow Pokemon. Nintendo knows that Smash hype is unrivaled and that the reveal will hold everyone's attention for a good two weeks. Pokemon is already in rough shape as it is, and if they drop ARMS now it'll take all the attention away from Isle of Armor.

Even if we don't care about Pokemon, they still do. Last year we had to wait until the end of July for Hero because even though we didn't care about Three Houses, Nintendo didn't want to overshadow it with Smash.

It's like having to eat our vegetables before getting desert.

We're not getting anything for awhile
Yeah, but it seems like Nintendo cares more about Pokemon than Smash Bros. which I don't blame them since it is their 2nd highest selling franchise. Still though, they have been giving Pokemon and Animal Crossing all of the attention this year which has been getting annoying. Our last Nintendo Direct was in last September if you don't count the Mini Direct back in March and there has been like 3 Pokemon Directs since that time. For the love of God Nintendo give us that freaking Nintendo Direct!

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Even if the Arms character doesn’t come out this week, I believe next week is extremely likely considering next week is new tourney week and Nintendo likes to coincide them with DLC released the same week(Banjo onward).

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Hey, so can I say something that is probably sacrilege amongst a thread full of Geno fans, myself included?

The Forest Maze isn't really that interesting, and I honestly hope it's not our stage when Geno gets in.

Like yes, it's particularly memorable because A. It's where we get properly introduced to Geno and B. Rawust Forest used BTFM as its parody source, so of course we hold it close because of that (though obviously that's not the only reason, it's just worth noting). And the music is as amazing as all of Yoko's many top tier compositions.

But like... Most of it is just running through the same looking room looking for blue out of the corner of your eye while you try and work around what is easily the most obnoxious enemy placement in the entire game. Seriously, can we talk about how annoying that part actually is? It's one of the most generic game tropes, just with tons of enemies in the way.

There's also never really any reason to go back. Like, yeah, that can kinda be said about a lot of Mario RPG areas, that's just how the game is structured so there's nothing wrong with that, but it feels particularly prominent there. Unless you're going for the hidden treasures area, which I honestly don't even think is that worth it, it's really all she wrote.

I dunno, I'm probably just being contradictory for the sake of it, Forest Maze is cool, I just think it isn't as memorable as a lot of the other amazing locations in the game that I think would make for more interesting stage material.
I agree wholeheartedly. If I want a SMRPG location that would make a good stage that actually has a legitimate connection to Geno, I'd go with Star Hill.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I like Pokemon, but man it's about as un-hype as all hell. It sucks, but it does look like we may have to get through this week first. Surely next week we will get news before the investor meeting on the 26th.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If by for some unforseen events that we don't get the Arms reveal this month even though Nintendo promised it, all hope is lost. I swear if that happens I'm done with speculation for like half a year.

QQS

Smash Lord
If by for some unforseen events that we don't get the Arms reveal this month even though Nintendo promised it, all hope is lost. I swear if that happens I'm done with speculation for like half a year.
Its happening bro. This week. If not, next week 100%.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I like Pokemon, but man it's about as un-hype as all hell. It sucks, but it does look like we may have to get through this week first. Surely next week we will get news before the investor meeting on the 26th.
I have to agree with this as well as someone who loves Pokemon and is excited for the first ever Pokemon dlc, the initial announcement was hype as all heck for me, but now it's like beating a dead horse as much as they're talking about it with no new info. I read an article this morning that got me so much more excited about the dlc than any official announcements have.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
View attachment 274874

My friends this is my post #300 in this thread since I first joined in August 2019. Been an all time fan from 1990, but officially here since there. Suffering and hoping this missing doll in every Smash, but never losing hope.

Just wanna make this post to pre-celebrate that we all share the same passion for this beloved character, it’s our most requested and he truly deserves the spot. I don’t think I will reach post #400, not even #350 before Geno official reveal in Ultimate.

I think #76 reveal will be this week. Tuesday to Thursday are crucial. Then potential character #77, which I think is Geno. Probably even more Smash surprises like Crash or Rayman. Knight Premium and Zelda/Metroid. Of course also SMRPG to the NSO. That would end the puzzle.

Geno photo by Ivan Ramirez on Dribbble

Thanks to all for the continuous support and dedication, we all deserve Geno in Smash. It’s just about a couple of days more to fulfill this long wish, like Banjo-Kazooie, Ridley and Kink K. Rool.

GENO WAKES UP TO BATTLE!
When happens we will a ....
happy reveal, delightful reveal

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Its happening bro. This week. If not, next week 100%.
I hope so. Though I wouldn't be surprise at this point if bad luck such as delayment of the Arms reveal is announced and push back towards July or August. If that happens that is probably when I say "**** this!".

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Actually, didn't Joker get his update trailer pretty late into the night?

I'm not gonna put money on it, but I guess it could still happen.

QQS

Smash Lord
I hope so. Though I wouldn't be surprise at this point if bad luck such as delayment of the Arms reveal is announced and push back towards July or August. If that happens that is probably when I say "**** this!".
I get your point bro but it not happening that way, it’s this or next week! The FP2 has like 6 months available to buy and we haven’t seen anything yet. They have to sell it and they know that. I highly doubt they will sell it as they want with just revealing #76. They need that Nintendo character and also a Big Requested (Geno) and a Big World Mascot (Crash). With that, we would have the long requested Kings (the big four) + the world most famous Icons/Mascots in one game.

Dont lower your ARMS and look at the STARS!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
We are still missing the Monster Hunter and Rathalos Mii costumes from Smash 4 so Monster Hunter could potentially be our Capcom rep if there is one.

Correct me if I'm wrong y'all but wasn't Stealth the ******* who some people believe was the one that potentially snitched on Sabi to Nintendo last year before they got the chance to leak Nintendo's E3 Direct?
Very true, even though I find a Monster Hunter character to be extremely unlikely due to Rathalos as a boss, but what do I know? I didn't think an ARMS character was likely due to already having content in Smash prior to the "reveal" so I guess Monster Hunter could still be on the table

Firox

Smash Master
Monster hunter is Capcom, right? Assuming that the MH and Rathalos costumes come back with a different Capcom rep, who else could it be?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Very true, even though I find a Monster Hunter character to be extremely unlikely due to Rathalos as a boss, but what do I know? I didn't think an ARMS character was likely due to already having content in Smash prior to the "reveal" so I guess Monster Hunter could still be on the table
What I believe is that the Monster Hunter and Rathalos Mii costumes will return alongside 4 new Capcom Mii costumes along with the Capcom character who I believe is either Phoenix Wright or Dante. I think Jill Valentine and Leon Kennedy are both out since Resident Evil already had a Spirit event.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Y'all are fools for expecting the Smash reveal(s) tomorrow. Smash has never celebrated anniversaries like that, otherwise Terry would've released on the 15th because of the release of the first Fatal Fury.

DuoStuff

Smash Rookie
I gotta be honest, I get a sick sort of satisfaction from watching fans turning on Nintendo when they go too long without saying anything. Like I get this year has caused problems and all, but Nintendo's complete silence is irritating, They've really destroyed any momentum they might've had.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Y'all are fools for expecting the Smash reveal(s) tomorrow. Smash has never celebrated anniversaries like that, otherwise Terry would've released on the 15th because of the release of the first Fatal Fury.
True, but this is kind of a special case in that we’ve never knew what series the next character was going to be from ahead of time, and we were even told in what month we would get news. Since we didn’t get the news during the original E3 day last week, the Arms anniversary seemed like a good bet.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think there is a slight unlikely possibility where we could get a Lucas/Roy/Ryu scenario in where not only the Arms rep get's announced and released but #77 get's announced and released as well on the same day. With the Pass intended to drag on until next December, I see that as a slim possibility though. But if so, we could be playing with Geno in the next few days lads and lasses.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
People on here saying they won’t drop a smash reveal around the same time as Pokemon but that won’t bother Nintendo. They literally dropped a paper mario trailer off around the same time as the ps5 showcase which could’ve gone bad for Sony. I don’t think it will bother them.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Remember when Nintendo released Smash for Wii U and Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire on the same day? That alone kinda makes me think the Sword & Shield DLC shouldn’t effect Smash Ultimate DLC too much.

I can still wait a little longer, but hopefully it’s sometime this week.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So if we take the Chocobo and Geno Mii costumes returning, plus the leaked Mallow and Smithy costumes, plus the secret Square costume Fatman mentioned that leaves the Square rep with 5 costumes. One more Square costume would be needed if the "Power of 6" theory is in play. I can't imagine who would be the 6th costume though. But if Geno is playable, I still see his Mii costume returning which is why I listed it here.

Dukefire

Smash Master
imagine they do a fake out with the costume first before the official reveal for Geno. It is an evil thought, but a funny trailer to the fans wanting him after so much enduring

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I still can’t believe level 5 don’t have any representation in smash. Considering they have done a lot for Nintendo I would’ve thought they’d have a few mii costumes in smash. I need my boi Layton. Even if he’s a premium costume

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I still can’t believe level 5 don’t have any representation in smash. Considering they have done a lot for Nintendo I would’ve thought they’d have a few mii costumes in smash. I need my boi Layton. Even if he’s a premium costume
It's a bit surprising. It's actually more surprising though they don't have a playable rep yet since Level 5 is one of the biggest developers in Japan. Layton getting into Pass 2 wouldn't surprise me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Remember when Nintendo released Smash for Wii U and Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire on the same day? That alone kinda makes me think the Sword & Shield DLC shouldn’t effect Smash Ultimate DLC too much.

I can still wait a little longer, but hopefully it’s sometime this week.
Smash 3DS also sold way better than the Wii U version, so sales weren't a big deal(Don't forget Smash 3DS was already out quite a long time beforehand). Wii U was doing awful as a system too. They're different outright systems getting a game. There was no competition within the same system.

Switch is getting DLC, and Isle of Armor is the literal "third version" instead of just a remake like ORAS.

They're not similar situations right now. Especially as they're DLC, both majorly new DLC. One is practically its own game while the other is a notable thing for the fans and people are going stir crazy too. They're pretty huge in their own right, even taking over new games like Paper Mario in "importance".

So... I wouldn't say they're alike at all in any way.

BTW, NintendoAmerica is constantly posting Pokemon bits and pieces, so it's safe to say they're focusing on Pokmoen specifically at the moment. It's likely we could get an announcement within next week so two games on the same system don't remotely compete with each other. There's also been... no similar situations with competition. Nintendo has however pulled this before; They refused to let the Wii version of Mortal Kombat Armageddon have online because it came out before Mario Kart Wii(which has online). Which was stupid, but it does show "system competition" has been a thing before. It's not just 3rd party either. They tend to space out reveals/information so the system keeps everything separated. They made sure to spread things out around New Horizons pretty well too.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So if we take the Chocobo and Geno Mii costumes returning, plus the leaked Mallow and Smithy costumes, plus the secret Square costume Fatman mentioned that leaves the Square rep with 5 costumes.
Fatman mentioned a secret Square costume? When'd he say that? I know he's mentioned knowing of Mii Costumes that he can't publicly reveal, but I don't remember any of them having to do with Square.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Fatman mentioned a secret Square costume? When'd he say that? I know he's mentioned knowing of Mii Costumes that he can't publicly reveal, but I don't remember any of them having to do with Square.
He said it here: https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2774#post-23962058

As a recap, "Mii Costume Guy" is a codename given to an insider who has been in connection with Papageno's network since about last Spring. He's been given this name because his first feat that was made public was correctly leaking Banjo's Mii costumes last July. Since then, he has also successfully leaked Terry's spirit board in September, Byleth's ALTs and stage in October (I didn't get this information until December). There's a language barrier (presumably Japanese) and he typically talks through "in-betweens" because of this. Because of that, sometimes there are translation errors like how Terry's spirit board was interpreted as Mii costumes and Byleth's ALTs were thought to be literal Mii costumes.

Since last summer, he's released a good amount of information but a lot of it hasn't come true yet. A vast majority of it has been Mii costumes. Through various conversations with Mii Costume Guy and his In-betweens, these are the Mii costumes he has put out since December:

-Ms. Pac-Man
-Nightmare (Soul Caliber)
-Gooigi
-Elecman
-KOS-MOS
-Cuphead
-Kris (Deltarune)
-Knight (Hollow Knight)
-Arle (Puyo Pop)
-Mallow (Super Mario RPG)
-Smithy (Super Mario RPG)

And four costumes that were recommended to be kept secret:

-One heavily connected to Nintendo
-One heavily connected to Square
-One heavily connected to Microsoft
-One heavily connected to Sony

For the record, Mii Costume Guy hasn't put out anything new since about mid December.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
He said one was closely related to Nintendo, one to Microsoft, one to Sony, and one to Square.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom