• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
No, he didn't. He just hinted that the World Ends With You will be getting something new eventually. That could be a sequel, for all we know - not everything relates to Smash Bros.
Yeah I found that out after reading the post. I posted that before reading because I saw it in a YouTube video. Guess I got clickbaited by it.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
yes it is, it clearly has smash written on it
So if that sign is claiming that not everything is related to Smash, but the sign is related to Smash, then not everything is actually related to Smash as the sign is related to Smash. Since then not everything is now not unrelated to Smash, therefore nothing is related to Smash since not everything isn't, ergo everything not related to all nothing is not unrelated to non-Smash related unrelationships that relate to Smash half the time, with the other untimes of non-Smash actually relating to Smash but only when delta T approaches zero. Then its non-Smash Smash Smash-related.

So yes. You are quite correct. That sign exhibits tangible words.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I knew it, Fatman ONCE AGAIN hogging all the info to himself. Not even telling us about the sign being a hint for Bart Simpson joining Smash, smh my head
Bro, Homer is the prime candidate for the series, as he's the main character of Simpsons: Hit & Run. No way Bart will get in before Homer.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Bro, Homer is the prime candidate for the series, as he's the main character of Simpsons: Hit & Run. No way Bart will get in before Homer.
Oh really? WHO is the main character of the FIRST Simpsons game?

That's right, BART. We all know how Sakurai picks characters, I rest my case.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
View attachment 273089

"No Vector, that sign is not related to Smash..."

"Squidward is not related to Smash either..."
"Is Mayonnaise related to Smash?"

Legit though, I am excite. Virtually any time in the next 2ish weeks, we're gonna find out who our elusive #7 is, and as an added bonus, I'll have finally moved out of this house I've been moving out of for about 2 years now.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping Nintendo doesn't pull a Nintendo move and make us wait until July or August to know who FP7 is. It just feels like the exact sorta thing they'd do, I guess...

QQS

Smash Lord
One of the arguments I love the most (beside all the evidente on The List by Polarthief Polarthief and Geno Essay by Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ; is another argument said also by this last person.

It’s that people are getting older, I was born in July 1990, so soon I will turn 30. I played Mario RPG with 6 or 7 years and every Smash then.

Smash 64 period was 2 years
Melee to Brawl was 7 years
Brawl to Wii U was 6 years
Wii U to Switch 4 years

The longest gap was between Melee and Brawl, seven years. My point is that Ultimate will last at least 7 years (if you ask me, let it be 10 years, or let it be the Eternal Smash forever, it’s perfect).

But people are getting older, I think from 1996 or 1997 when I first played SMRPG, until potentially now (June-July 2020), you have 24 years gap and I would be 30 years, like many of old fans probably. Im still young I know but I don’t see myself waiting for Geno playable to the next Smash on the sequel of the Switch being 40 years old.

Anyway, it was just thinking. Cause you already know that I’m 100% confident that GENO is joining the party right now, hopefully as #77.

There are already too much evidence and fan requests being granted! Geno is about to happen!

Call me an optimist but for me it’s too obvious that its Geno time, based on all that we know.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I'm really hoping Nintendo doesn't pull a Nintendo move and make us wait until July or August to know who FP7 is. It just feels like the exact sorta thing they'd do, I guess...
Honestly if they pull a Nintendo, I don't see what would stop them from pulling a Nintendo with the picks either :/ I do have more faith that we have 7 coming the same day. E3 Smash reveals shouldn't be shadowdropped.

(beside all the evidente on The List™ by Polarthief Polarthief
Here's your obligatory uwu~ good sir.

Anyway, it was just thinking. Cause you already know that I’m 100% confident that GENO is joining the party right now, hopefully as #77.

There are already too much evidence and fan requests being granted! Geno is about to happen!

Call me an optimist but for me it’s too obvious that its Geno time, based on all that we know.
For sure! Just 2 weeks to go to finally see him jump in after being gone for so long! :)

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
One of the arguments I love the most (beside all the evidente on The List by Polarthief Polarthief and Geno Essay by Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ; is another argument said also by this last person.

It’s that people are getting older, I was born in July 1990, so soon I will turn 30. I played Mario RPG with 6 or 7 years and every Smash then.

Wii U to Switch 4 years

The longest gap was between Melee and Brawl, seven years. My point is that Ultimate will last at least 7 years (if you ask me, let it be 10 years, or let it be the Eternal Smash forever, it’s perfect).

But people are getting older, I think from 1996 or 1997 when I first played SMRPG, until potentially now (June-July 2020), you have 24 years gap and I would be 30 years, like many of old fans probably. Im still young I know but I don’t see myself waiting for Geno playable to the next Smash on the sequel of the Switch being 40 years old.

Well, I wish you the best of luck. I may not be as optimistic as you, but you know who would be cool in Smash?

Geno

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I would just find it odd for if E3 were to go down, the only Smash reveal of any kind would be who this ARMS rep is and their moveset. That is why I do believe 7 will get revealed alongside the ARMS rep, because we have already known ARMS was getting a character, AS WELL as releasing in June that I don't think it would be that huge of an announcement. Nintendo likes to go all out when it comes to Smash reveals. Just look at last E3 and other past E3's. I do think CP7 will get shown off next month, and I do think it will be one that is highly requested as well, since it seems like the most hype reveals are saved for E3.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Wii U to Switch 4 years

DUDE, you were born in July 1990 too? Nice to see another

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Dunno if ya'll saw this but, earlier today Rogersbase held a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate CPU Tournament with prizes sponsored by Nintendo and, I gotta say, I was surprised to see the list of prizes (like... A LOT). The tournament consisted of CPUs of ONLY the first Fighters Pass characters (Joker, Byleth, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, and Hero). It was just a tournament but, it was curious to see that its prizes (which were plenty) were sponsored by Nintendo, and that the only characters were the first pass' DLC. :nifty:

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
I actually completely forgot to bring this up. Remember a while ago I posted about how Nintendo's Smash open tournaments release DLC characters shortly after (NAOT Theory as someone called it) With this new smash tournament starting at may 30th and ending on June 20th wouldn't it make sense that the release date would be June 25th (The Thursday AFTER the Tournament)

The reason I bring this up is the 4 dates posted on the tournament's twitter post is for 2 regions (There are 8 regions total and they do 2 regions for each weekend posted on the tournament) So why would Nintendo release the DLC DURING the tournament they don't release DLC mid tournament (They do it before or after) So I have a GOOD feeling that the ARMS rep is coming out on Thursday June 25th I say that with confidence because Nintendo tends to announce and release new stuff on Thursdays

(Edited to include the theory just in case some people forgot)

PP Came out in Jan 29 2019

Ultimate NA open was on Feb 2nd 2019

June 29 was the 2nd NA Open
Hero came out a Month later (July 29th) because of e3

Banjo came out September 4th. The 3rd NA open was on Sept 21

Terry came out on Nov 6th. The 4th NA open was on the 10th of Nov

Byleth of course came out on January 28th 2020 the 5th NA open was on Feb 2 2020

(As of May 29 2020) ARMS rep announced March 26 the 6th NA open was on Feb 29

The 7th NA open starts on May 30th and ends in June 20th (ARMS rep comes out on June 25th maybe)

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I actually completely forgot to bring this up. Remember a while ago I posted about how Nintendo's Smash open tournaments release DLC characters shortly after (NAOT Theory as someone called it) With this new smash tournament starting at may 30th and ending on June 20th wouldn't it make sense that the release date would be June 25th (The Thursday AFTER the Tournament)

The reason I bring this up is the 4 dates posted on the tournament's twitter post is for 2 regions (There are 8 regions total and they do 2 regions for each weekend posted on the tournament) So why would Nintendo release the DLC DURING the tournament they don't release DLC mid tournament (They do it before or after) So I have a GOOD feeling that the ARMS rep is coming out on Thursday June 25th I say that with confidence because Nintendo tends to announce and release new stuff on Thursdays

(Edited to include the theory just in case some people forgot)

PP Came out in Jan 29 2019

Ultimate NA open was on Feb 2nd 2019

June 29 was the 2nd NA Open
Hero came out a Month later (July 29th) because of e3

Banjo came out September 4th. The 3rd NA open was on Sept 21

Terry came out on Nov 6th. The 4th NA open was on the 10th of Nov

Byleth of course came out on January 28th 2020 the 5th NA open was on Feb 2 2020

(As of May 29 2020) ARMS rep announced March 26 the 6th NA open was on Feb 29

The 7th NA open starts on May 30th and ends in June 20th (ARMS rep comes out on June 25th maybe)
It's a valid theory but it falls under the same reason people hold on to the idea that spirits and assists deconfirm: it hasn't been disproven yet. However, besides something super trivial like the deconfirm shenanigans, I want to sort of contribute to your hypothesis.

One could argue "just don't play as the Arms rep." That would be easy until you consider the fact that the update would likely come with nerfs and buffs all around, so characters across the board would be affected halfway through the tournament. The only counterargument to that counterargument under normal circumstances (with the issue currently, this likely wouldn't happen) is that the tournament hosts could just choose to not update the game if the DLC were to drop halfway through the tournament, since not updating the tournament-provided Switchs is pretty easy to do. Again though, the circumstances of these tournaments in the current time likely wouldn't be altered by these.

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
It's a valid theory but it falls under the same reason people hold on to the idea that spirits and assists deconfirm: it hasn't been disproven yet. However, besides something super trivial like the deconfirm shenanigans, I want to sort of contribute to your hypothesis.

One could argue "just don't play as the Arms rep." That would be easy until you consider the fact that the update would likely come with nerfs and buffs all around, so characters across the board would be affected halfway through the tournament. The only counterargument to that counterargument under normal circumstances (with the issue currently, this likely wouldn't happen) is that the tournament hosts could just choose to not update the game if the DLC were to drop halfway through the tournament, since not updating the tournament-provided Switchs is pretty easy to do. Again though, the circumstances of these tournaments in the current time likely wouldn't be altered by these.
I'm sorry but I don't understand. I'm simply guessing the release date based on previous tournaments. I know this tournament is much longer then all other previous tournaments but to me it doesn't make sense as to release the DLC and patch during a tournament. It will screw over the tournament and any players unprepared.... But then again they would have to release it on a Tuesday for it to work IF they wanted to release it mid June

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I've been sitting on this meme idea for awhile, finally decided to do it.

Yep, it's tail time.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I'm sorry but I don't understand. I'm simply guessing the release date based on previous tournaments. I know this tournament is much longer then all other previous tournaments but to me it doesn't make sense as to release the DLC and patch during a tournament. It will screw over the tournament and any players unprepared.... But then again they would have to release it on a Tuesday for it to work IF they wanted to release it mid June
There's nothing to understand, I was agreeing with you...

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
View attachment 273089

"No Vector, that sign is not related to Smash..."

"Squidward is not related to Smash either..."
Nooooooooo ! MY HOPES FOR SQUIDWARD ! THE BATTLE FOR BIKINI BOTTOM REMAKE MADE HIM SO LIKELY--

For real tho , yeah... It's a bit annoying to see people relate everything and nothing to Smash. I know we're starved for news... But think about the people who are still waiting on simple gameplay footage from Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3. While the wait is clearly annoying , it could be worse.

I wasn't here back in the brawl days , but didn't it took them like , a year and half to reveal the first newcomer after E3 , being Ike ?

Griselda

Smash Lord
I recall someone here describing Smash as 'Video Games: The Game', and many others as 'The Video Game Hall of Fame'. And I think that people just automatically assuming that any new or rumored game info has something to do with Smash is proof of that, and of just how big and important Smash has gotten as a representative of the industry as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom