• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
CacodemonHatComparison.png

Did you perhaps… Come here… Intending to ‘Disprove’ it? I see… So you are disproving it… I understand. So then, the encirclement of the hat, have you tried recreating it? What I’m saying is… Simply looking at that hat from the videos and images, you would have enough reference to be able to 'Accurately Recreate It', no…? Isn’t that right? Though it certainly seems to be a ‘Minor Detail’… But looking at the recreations we have so far, neither of them have made the hat fit on the head right… they all clip into the model… and as a result don't look right… but certainly that would be easy to fix! How can you be so definitive in saying that these videos and image are ‘Fake’? I’m explaining the fact that this detail hasn't been 'Faithfully Recreated'. Because you had heard of the CacoMallow Post, you downloaded the videos and image, you ‘Viewed’ them. And it’s because of the 'Pixels' and from seeing 'Quite A Few Shops In Your Time’… that you came into this thread thinking it was a ‘Fake’. You got all excited thinking ‘This post is absolutely fake’, didn’t you? And then… you perhaps created a 'Smashboards' account in order to express that sentiment in this thread. Just a burner account. Or perhaps you've had an account here for a while. If fate were particularly unlucky, there’s a rather good chance that you had an old account from when you used to be a Geno for Smash supporter back in the day, but you stopped using it when he didn't get in Brawl or Smash 4.

Last edited:

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon
My dear friends, I have terrible news... We probably overthought something. A hot topic in this thread since January has been "where the hell are the Undertale and Luigi's Mansion 3 spirits" and I think the answer is much more simple than we realized. We've been tossing out a lot of theories but I think we've accidentally touched one and regularly run away from it... The reason we probably haven't seen these spirits yet is because of Mii costumes... It's pretty simple: Cuphead had insertions and we're still waiting on Sans. If it were just Sans, there would be no reason to hold it off. Simple conclusion: we're getting at least one more Undertale Mii costume. This is actually a pretty big deal because it can be extended into other trains of thought, including Geno.

This ties into a theory that we've had for a long time that certain Mii costumes are simply being held off until the right time. As a reminder, the Smash 4 Mii costumes that are still MIA are: Geno, Chocobo, Gil, Heihachi, Lloyd, Monster Hunter, and Rathalos. We've already used this to supplement the idea that there's another Square, Namco, and Capcom character coming later, especially in the light that Geno and Rathalos are already spirits and spirit battles in the base game. This said, this presents a very strong argument that their costumes weren't held off "just because", it's about timing.

One more foot note on this, this adds more points to the board for another Microsoft character as it currently stands. As pointed out many times before, Banjo didn't come with any Microsoft or RARE costume, in the same vein that Byleth didn't bring any Nintendo costumes. For Byleth, we had the hypothesis that Nintendo Mii costumes were being held off for a Nintendo character and this appears to be correct. Based on this whole conversation, there's a decent chance that the ARMS character will come with a Luigi's Mansion 3 Mii costume of some kind. In this light, it presents the argument that Microsoft/RARE costumes will probably come with another Microsoft character.

Juuuust when my confidence was going up. But anyways i do feel like this will give more people reasons why geno mii costume will come with a SE character or another mario character. (let's say paper mario because a ton of people have been saying that recently.) But i am still holding out a bit of hope geno becomes playable.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
In no universe would someone have guessed a Team Rocket mii costume was coming prior to its reveal. The list could be legit with fake SMRPG stuff thrown in but with how legit the cacomallow leak looks and how months and months later it has yet to be disproven I'm still leaning towards both being real but taking time to be revealed.
CM really does seem to be real, but Square could do the most insane "**** you" ever to us by adding the Mallow costume for no reason. CM doesn't say anything about Geno, just a costume. It's a really terrifying thought. MCL meanwhile, is just text who could have thrown fun fake leaks in as well. Text is very hard to trust, especially after what's happened with Paper Mario... *cringe*

I'm not suddenly doubting Geno's chances, I'm just doubting Nintendo because they've been absolute ass since September.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
View attachment 272152
Did you perhaps… Come here… Intending to ‘Disprove’ it? I see… So you are disproving it… I understand. So then, the encirclement of the hat, have you tried recreating it? What I’m saying is… Simply looking at that hat from the videos and images, you would have enough reference to be able to 'Accurately Recreate It', no…? Isn’t that right? Though it certainly seems to be a ‘Minor Detail’… But looking at the recreations we have so far, neither of them have made the hat fit on the head right… they all clip into the model… and as a result don't look right… but certainly that would be easy to fix! How can you be so definitive in saying that these videos and image are ‘Fake’? I’m explaining the fact that this detail hasn't been 'Faithfully Recreated'. Because you had heard of the CacoMallow Post, you downloaded the videos and image, you ‘Viewed’ them. And it’s because of the 'Pixels' and from seeing 'Quite A Few Shops In Your Time’… that you came into this thread thinking it was a ‘Fake’. You got all excited thinking ‘This post is absolutely fake’, didn’t you? And then… you perhaps created a 'Smashboards' account in order to express that sentiment in this thread. Just a burner account. Or perhaps you've had an account here for a while. If fate were particularly unlucky, there’s a rather good chance that you had an old account from when you used to be a Geno for Smash supporter back in the day, but you stopped using it when he didn't get in Brawl or Smash 4.
I'm not sure if this is a copypasta or a JoJo reference.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
My dear friends, I have terrible news... We probably overthought something. A hot topic in this thread since January has been "where the hell are the Undertale and Luigi's Mansion 3 spirits" and I think the answer is much more simple than we realized. We've been tossing out a lot of theories but I think we've accidentally touched one and regularly run away from it... The reason we probably haven't seen these spirits yet is because of Mii costumes... It's pretty simple: Cuphead had insertions and we're still waiting on Sans. If it were just Sans, there would be no reason to hold it off. Simple conclusion: we're getting at least one more Undertale Mii costume. This is actually a pretty big deal because it can be extended into other trains of thought, including Geno.

This ties into a theory that we've had for a long time that certain Mii costumes are simply being held off until the right time. As a reminder, the Smash 4 Mii costumes that are still MIA are: Geno, Chocobo, Gil, Heihachi, Lloyd, Monster Hunter, and Rathalos. We've already used this to supplement the idea that there's another Square, Namco, and Capcom character coming later, especially in the light that Geno and Rathalos are already spirits and spirit battles in the base game. This said, this presents a very strong argument that their costumes weren't held off "just because", it's about timing.

One more foot note on this, this adds more points to the board for another Microsoft character as it currently stands. As pointed out many times before, Banjo didn't come with any Microsoft or RARE costume, in the same vein that Byleth didn't bring any Nintendo costumes. For Byleth, we had the hypothesis that Nintendo Mii costumes were being held off for a Nintendo character and this appears to be correct. Based on this whole conversation, there's a decent chance that the ARMS character will come with a Luigi's Mansion 3 Mii costume of some kind. In this light, it presents the argument that Microsoft/RARE costumes will probably come with another Microsoft character.
But, i don't undestand why this is bad? Can somebody explain me?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice As I recall, most of the sources you were in touch with or follow still speak confidently of Geno's chances, correct? Even with this theory, I'm not entirely sure how this drastically affects his chances

D

Deleted member

When you said "it's pretty simple", I thought you were going to say "they aren't happening", which for the record is what I'm standing by, especially as far as Undertale is concerned. Aside from the fact that Cuphead got spirits, do we have any reason to believe that Undertale is getting a spirit event? A lot has happened so I've genuinely forgotten if there was. I mean, Banjo came with Banjo spirits and... that's not surprising? I guess it's a bit strange that he didn't come with Banjo costumes or Microsoft costumes, but at the same time, it isn't, since we're still talking about working with a "competitor" in what might be the loosest competition ever, and ultimately Nintendo still has to think about their bottom line with costume inclusions: a character, costume, or even a spirit, is advertisement in their game, on their console, and I just don't see them putting up a big playable billboard for characters that aren't about to make a single dime for them in the near future. People can nitpick over it and come up with excuses or loopholes but we have yet to see a character get added to the game, even as a Mii costume, who has not been on a Nintendo console before their addition to Smash, even Cloud and Joker.

It's easy to write that argument off as "well they said go play Banjo on the Xbox", but Banjo is such a ****ing anomaly, we shouldn't over-analyze it. For what feels like one of the only times in history, Nintendo went out of their way and put a bet on what the fans want and it paid off in a way that even Nintendo has admitted was bigger than they expected. It was a calculated risk to approach Rare/Microsoft about Banjo and Kazooie in Smash, because for all they knew, this guy was a meme... Like, this is one of few times I'll just go ahead and say "Nintendo was the good guy" and leave it at that. And like... with the Smash Bros audience, Banjo is all that's worth going after. Who are they gonna turn into a Mii costume? Some Perfect Dark stuff? So that 90% of the playerbase can scratch their heads and the other 10% can be disappointed that it looks awful? Master Chief, so that they can overshadow literally whoever he comes with and piss off a billion meme masters who ironically (or maybe even unironically) want him in Smash? I mean, if there's one thing you're right about, it's timing - Sans mother****ing Undertale basically overshadowed Banjo who was already massive in his own right, and all it took was Cuphead to upstage Byleth literally the same day he got shown off. There's no appropriate time to drop Master Chief as anything less than playable unless the character he comes with is 8 Fire Emblem characters in one, and this is coming from someone who is as certain as one can be that Master Chief will never see the light of Smash Bros in the current video game climate, no matter how deep the rabbit hole goes on this Master Chief Collection rumor business.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice As I recall, most of the sources you were in touch with or follow still speak confidently of Geno's chances, correct? Even with this theory, I'm not entirely sure how this drastically affects his chances
Maybe Fatman's bluffing on us. Like he has heard/already knows Geno is in, and he's pulling a Grant Kirkhope right now.
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice if this is legit, I want you to please tell us the day Geno's announced because I'd love to for once in my damn life call something like this.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well yes but... The only stuff missing is Namco costume and the MH stuff.
I don't think this matters that much either. And don't forget SE stuff.

Namco is a big red flag , they're litteraly developping the game , it's not like licensing would be hard with them lol. I personnaly think someone from Namco is coming , and as much as I want it to be my fluffy boy... It's probably not going to be him...
I don't think it means that either specifically. A lot of costumes came with just a random character cause hey, why not. Capcom costumes and Sega costumes came with non-Capcom and non-Sega characters. This is how I honestly see the general costumes. If a character can use 'em, they'll use 'em.

MH is the odd one out tho. There is the possibility Sakurai feel like the boss is enough , since it's an "upgrade" to go from costume to complete boss. However , I think Capcom will have no issues with that either.
It's not a remote upgrade. They're completely different things. There's no upgrade. They had the ability to add a boss and licensed it.

I dunno , it feel weird for Nintendo to be :
Yeah , add the Sega costume , yeah , add the Persona costumes , yeah , add the Ubisoft costumes , yeah , add the SNK costumes , no , don't add the SE costumes.
I dunno... Would it really be that much to sign some contract or talk quickly to SE to get back a chocobo hat and Geno mii costume ? Especially when Sakurai is aware that he made that costumes as a compensation for the fans. Why wouldn't Sakurai say "could I quickly ask for the Geno costume with all of that ?".
I know negociations are more complicated than that... But if SE was okay for Superstar saga , Sm4sh , and Ultimate... Then they have no reason to say no.
I find it simple. They either had the character in mind later on and re-negotiated the costume(if it was coming back), or the costume wasn't plausible for any plans during Fighter's Pass 1. It's just as easy they didn't license every costume back. Any missing I just can't see as odd. Companies will do what companies will do. Though to be fair, I think Premium is way more likely than a regular costume, if there was no plans to make Geno playable. It's just more money for SE and the character looks more accurate, and music is now gotten. It's absolutely not a great thing for the Geno fans, well, mainly the ones on SB(other fans vary on costumes), but it is plausible. Money is money.

It's no hard confirmation , but it's just such an odd decision , when the majority of third party costumes came back.
I don't think it really means anything odd. Remember, at most we had 2 missing costumes plausible in the packs(2 for Hero). And that's 4 that would not have come back if there wasn't a Fighter's Pass 2. And that's even giving into the idea there was ever a pattern. Stuff wouldn't have been licensed. Unless they had to have 7 Costumes per character. But they're clear set on six from well before Pass 2 was greenlit. So yes, they would've been missing. I don't believe in any "were just held back because of Pass 2" cause it's clearly not that simple. How can you hold back 6 costumes when only 2 more were possible? If there's one pattern to look at, it's how it never went above 6.

Eh , maybe in the end he's going to go with Paper Mario or Fawful for all I know. It would just be anticlimatic to throw him randomly like that... I don't exactly want a repeat of the Skull Kid situation. It's still very weird he made the Moon a separate AT , and not fuse it with SK. Sakurai can be weird sometimes...
To be honest, I love Paper Mario as an idea, but there's a lot of Mario characters I'd take as DLC. Waluigi, Paper Mario, Toad, Geno, Shy Guy, just to name a few, so... but I prefer not to think of that as a specific outcome. Though I do admit if Geno is a costume, coming with a Mario character is logical.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If the Mii costume list is real all along, that Mallow and Smithy are coming and Geno isn’t, I give him a 95% chance. If it’s fake, then that would suck. That’s my biggest concern.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Juuuust when my confidence was going up. But anyways i do feel like this will give more people reasons why geno mii costume will come with a SE character or another mario character. (let's say paper mario because a ton of people have been saying that recently.) But i am still holding out a bit of hope geno becomes playable.
Yeah for su---

Or not I guess. Man that timing is hilarious.

At this point, I'm basically holding onto CacoMallow I guess. If we start getting things that knock off stuff on the list, I'm gonna be really sad. This isn't the news I need right now, given how ass Nintendo has been (to me) for the last few months, and even moreso lately with their handling of ACNH and doing Paper Mario: Sticker Star 3.
I don't really follow this logic. To be honest, I don't think there's anything to make of there not being Undertale or Luigi's Mansion 3 spirits. They...simply haven't put any in. Nintendo doesn't have to do a round of spirits for every major release.

I also don't think all costumes will come back, for whatever reason. Low sales, or just no real reason to bring them back. I don't think there's a grand conspiracy to hold Lloyd until there's a Namco rep. Lloyd just might not be returning as a costume at all.
This isn't a new frame of thought at all though. Plenty of people have brought up the possibility of Geno coming as a costume for a Mario character or another SE character. That was always a possibility. Things like the cacomallow leak and the fact that Geno has been spoken of so early on and was a big name during Grinch Leak which was pre Wave 2 planning makes it still seem more than likely that he has a strong chance of making it in as a character. And even if the costume came back it could just come with a playable Geno's mii costume pack with Mallow, Chocobo, and Smithy.

I mean is there some sort of information pointing to another SE character getting in? Because framing this obvious possibility as "terrible news" is a bit sus.
I'm trying to understand how this is terrible news for Geno and/or something people didn't realize for a long time. The entire theory about the Geno costume not coming back with Hero is an argument that the costume missed the best "timing" for him. And we've discussed forever how the missing costumes are probably coming eventually anyways. I don't think they're holding off on a 5 year old costume returning for some other random Square character for an additional DLC pass that supposedly wasn't planned until the middle of the first pass. I also don't think that Banjo getting 0 additional Microsoft content with him makes it MORE likely that another Microsoft character is coming.
That awkward moment when nobody caught my sarcasm...

The "terrible news" is that we probably overlooked something that was actually really simple because we overthought the situation. I'll break it down as much as possible:

-Geno's Mii costume absence is good, very good.

-Geno's Mii costume is not being held off because for the sake of a spirit because he already has a spirit and a spirit battle.

-There's literally no reason to hold it off unless there's a bigger plan for it and we've already established it's not for the sake of a spirit event.

-Luigi's Mansion 3 and Undertale spirits are likely being held off for the sake of specific spirit battles with specific Mii costumes coming in future packs. Geno's literally can't be held off for the same reason.

Does this make my point clearer?

Firox

Smash Master
I don't really follow this logic. To be honest, I don't think there's anything to make of there not being Undertale or Luigi's Mansion 3 spirits. They...simply haven't put any in. Nintendo doesn't have to do a round of spirits for every major release.

I also don't think all costumes will come back, for whatever reason. Low sales, or just no real reason to bring them back. I don't think there's a grand conspiracy to hold Lloyd until there's a Namco rep. Lloyd just might not be returning as a costume at all.
I'm glad I'm not the only one scratching my head over the punch line here. Who says we HAVE to have Luigi's mansion 3 Spirits? How says we need more Undertale? I feel like we're just using assumptions to discredit other assumptions. At this point anything could happen as easily as nothing could happen. And when all else fails....

CACOMALLOW IS REAL!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

In no universe would someone have guessed a Team Rocket mii costume was coming prior to its reveal. The list could be legit with fake SMRPG stuff thrown in but with how legit the cacomallow leak looks and how months and months later it has yet to be disproven I'm still leaning towards both being real but taking time to be revealed.
To quote my boy Luke Skywalker:
"Every word of what you just said......was RIGHT THE HELL ON!"

LOL Such is the curse of text-only communication.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

The "terrible news" is that we probably overlooked something that was actually really simple because we overthought the situation. I'll break it down as much as possible:

-Geno's Mii costume is not being held off because for the sake of a spirit because he already has a spirit and a spirit battle.

-There's literally no reason to hold it off unless there's a bigger plan for it and we've already established it's not for the sake of a spirit event.

-Luigi's Mansion 3 and Undertale spirits are likely being held off for the sake of specific spirit battles with specific Mii costumes coming in future packs. Geno's literally can't be held off for the same reason.

It probably will yes

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

Could the other UT costume be Kris from Deltarune by any chance? Does this mean a theorical Undertale Spirit Event would also include Deltarune content?

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon

Idk why i thought that was serious lol.

This is lagguino to base crisis averted i repeat crisis averted

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Sarcasm is extremely hard through text sometimes. As someone who has not only struggled with it but struggled doing it through text, it's not the easiest thing.

Still though, Nintendo has been absolutely terrible (for me) since September (8 months), so idk, I'm just thinking they could pull the really big dumb and I'm terrified of that happening. That's again the paranoia in me, the <1% chance in my mind of "Geno won't happen and they shill modern Pap Mayo instead".

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Here's also why this matters:

-Mii Costume Guy said a Gooigi and Kris Mii costume were eventually coming back in December. This could ultimately explain why Undertale and Luigi's Mansion 3 spirits are still MIA.

-Mii Costume Guy is also the one that said Mallow and Smithy Mii costumes were eventually coming last July.

-As I said, Geno and Rathalos already have spirits and spirit battles so their costumes are not being held off for spirit events. If this were the case, they probably would have already been added, just like Tales, Knuckles, Akira, etc. There were no bigger plans for these Mii costumes so there was no issue adding them when they did.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I'm not a very big fan of this theories of "they didn't include this Mii costume because *insert various reasons* and than means X character is coming to Smash!". Maybe they didn't include them because they don't think about it ? I know that people like to find patterns so they can figure out some theories about next characters but Nintendo is very unpredictable with Smash that they can include the least expected character (like Terry or Joker). Hopefully in 3 more weeks we will have Smash news, stayed tuned!

finally, remember guys when someone asks you "who is geno?", the answer is always "we are all geno".;);)

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Alright guys I got two things to post about rq.

First, relating to Geno, I've been cleaning out my messy AF room because I'm moving at the end of the month and we gotta gtfo of here. I happened to find most of my perler sprites, and I found the one I made of Geno, though part of his ribbon fell off forever ago. This was also the perler I mentioned whenever that one sprite-set of him came up that someone made. Just thought I'd share it. :)
PS: Yes I know the ironing was total crap. This was my first-and-only one I ever did that required more than 1 board (IIRC it was 4 in a 2x2 pattern), and I just didn't do it right, but I'm still proud of it.

20200519_172913.jpg

Second, this may not mean anything, but I just got an update from Best Buy about my pre-ordered King K. Rool Amiibo, and it finally got a new release date of June 12th. Again, might mean nothing, but there's a possibility it means we'll get news on or before that day!

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Here's also why this matters:

-Mii Costume Guy said a Gooigi and Kris Mii costume were eventually coming back in December. This could ultimately explain why Undertale and Luigi's Mansion 3 spirits are still MIA.

-Mii Costume Guy is also the one that said Mallow and Smithy Mii costumes were eventually coming last July.

-As I said, Geno and Rathalos already have spirits and spirit battles so their costumes are not being held off for spirit events. If this were the case, they probably would have already been added, just like Tales, Knuckles, Akira, etc. There were no bigger plans for these Mii costumes so there was no issue adding them when they did.
But in case the next event (which is maybe announced today) is from UT or Luigi's Mansion? I mean, they wouldn't be linked to the mii, right? in that case the theory would die

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm not a very big fan of this theories of "they didn't include this Mii costume because *insert various reasons* and than means X character is coming to Smash!". Maybe they didn't include them because they don't think about it ? I know that people like to find patterns so they can figure out some theories about next characters but Nintendo is very unpredictable with Smash that they can include the least expected character (like Terry or Joker). Hopefully in 3 more weeks we will have Smash news, stayed tuned!

finally, remember guys when someone asks you "who is geno?", the answer is always "we are all geno".;);)
Geno's a bit different though and I went into that a little bit. Of the current MIA Smash 4 Mii costumes, Geno and Rathalos are the only two that already have spirit battles while Rathalos is already a boss character too. This puts an interesting highlight on Geno's situation if we extend the explanation of the missing Luigi's Mansion 3 and Undertale spirits to the MIA Mii costumes. Monster Hunter, Lloyd, Gil, Chocobo, and Heihachi don't have spirit battles yet so some of these could be held off for the sake of future spirit battles. Geno's Mii costume can't be held off for the same reason and he's notably the only one of the missing seven Mii costumes this is really applicable to. For example, Lloyd's Mii costume could be held off for the sake of a future Tales spirit event but Geno can't be held off for the sake of a SMRPG spirit event because his spirit battle was in the base game. Furthermore, he's the only third party Mii costume that had a spirit battle in the base game that's still MIA, everyone else got their costumes in the Fighter's Pass.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Man, I can’t wait for June to come. Not just so we know more about Nintendo’s lineup and the game rumors, but also so we can finally find out who the Arms character is and what it means for Geno. I hope they never do this guessing game again because there are many people who are going to be disappointed when the Arms character isn’t the one they wanted after waiting months to find out.
Alright guys I got two things to post about rq.

First, relating to Geno, I've been cleaning out my messy AF room because I'm moving at the end of the month and we gotta gtfo of here. I happened to find most of my perler sprites, and I found the one I made of Geno, though part of his ribbon fell off forever ago. This was also the perler I mentioned whenever that one sprite-set of him came up that someone made. Just thought I'd share it. :)
PS: Yes I know the ironing was total crap. This was my first-and-only one I ever did that required more than 1 board (IIRC it was 4 in a 2x2 pattern), and I just didn't do it right, but I'm still proud of it.

View attachment 272159

Second, this may not mean anything, but I just got an update from Best Buy about my pre-ordered King K. Rool Amiibo, and it finally got a new release date of June 12th. Again, might mean nothing, but there's a possibility it means we'll get news on or before that day!
Dude, that looks sick! Great recreation!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Dude, that looks sick! Great recreation!
Eh, it could be better. The pixels are perfect AFAIK (feel free to tell me otherwise cuz I'm a big dumb), but the ironing was really bad. It didn't help I used a different brand of beads for the ribbon since I only had like one or two browns and I recall ordering some from someone, but they weren't perler; probably why that went wonky. Maybe some day I'll repair it, but it sure as heck won't be anytime soon.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But in case the next event (which is maybe announced today) is from UT or Luigi's Mansion? I mean, they wouldn't be linked to the mii, right? in that case the theory would die
Yes, this is correct. If Undertale or Luigi's Mansion 3 get a spirit event before they get new Mii costumes, it punches a huge hole in this theory..

QQS

Smash Lord

Amazing, just hoping to see Geno reveal soon. Though I wouldn’t want to surprise me vía Social Media in a shadow drop. Do you think they will at least tell us an exact date/hour to be prepared and see it live in a video? Or they will drop “Geno reveal” in an Origami way?

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Geno's a bit different though and I went into that a little bit. Of the current MIA Smash 4 Mii costumes, Geno and Rathalos are the only two that already have spirit battles while Rathalos is already a boss character too. This puts an interesting highlight on Geno's situation if we extend the explanation of the missing Luigi's Mansion 3 and Undertale spirits to the MIA Mii costumes. Monster Hunter, Lloyd, Gil, Chocobo, and Heihachi don't have spirit battles yet so some of these could be held off for the sake of future spirit battles. Geno's Mii costume can't be held off for the same reason and he's notably the only one of the missing seven Mii costumes this is really applicable to. For example, Lloyd's Mii costume could be held off for the sake of a future Tales spirit event but Geno can't be held off for the sake of a SMRPG spirit event because his spirit battle was in the base game. Furthermore, he's the only third party Mii costume that had a spirit battle in the base game that's still MIA, everyone else got their costumes in the Fighter's Pass.
Is there any evidence anywhere that would connect spirit events to mii costumes? Because this line of thinking would require they do something different for season 2 with the mii costume reveals as there's no precedent for it otherwise. It's also kind of unfair to properties that missed the boat on these alleged costume-connecting events like Goemon.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is there any evidence anywhere that would connect spirit events to mii costumes? Because this line of thinking would require they do something different for season 2 with the mii costume reveals as there's no precedent for it otherwise. It's also kind of unfair to properties that missed the boat on these alleged costume-connecting events like Goemon.
If anything it's just stating multiple elephants in the room:

-Luigi's Mansion 3 is the only major 2019 Nintendo game with no spirits yet and it's been out for almost 7 months.

-Cuphead got a spirit event that involved the Cuphead Mii costume before Undertale despite the Sans Mii happening 5 months earlier. It's also pretty notable that this spirit event happened 3 months ago.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Probably doesn't matter, but since someone shared this on the Social thread, I'd figure I'd share this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Probably doesn't matter, but since someone shared this on the Social thread, I'd figure I'd share this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
This is a pretty surprising poll. I'm surprised Rayman, Reimu and Heavy are that high. Also, Geno is in the most perfect spot imaginable lol

axel_

Smash Journeyman
[X] Doubt

Remember that the last time we got Capcom costume rehashes were with Banjo and Byleth. There really isn't any precedent that the two Hunter armor costumes HAVE to come with a Capcom character.
The only other Mii Costume absence that's weird is Heihachi. Just like Geno, it would be the perfect chance for it to show up with Terry, but the only returning costumes were Akira and Jacky.
If anything, those few missing costumes aside from Geno and Chocobo would be better suited for someone like Nightmare because of the common theme of swords and primarily Bandai Namco.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Also one last thing worth correcting, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ; the "Rathalos" Mii Costume isn't Rathalos with a hat. It's the armor set crafted from Rathalos parts.

That aspect of your theory doesn't hold up as the Spirit and boss for Rathalos is entirely different from a human wearing the processed skin of a Rathalos as protection.

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
If anything it's just stating multiple elephants in the room:

-Luigi's Mansion 3 is the only major 2019 Nintendo game with no spirits yet and it's been out for almost 7 months.

-Cuphead got a spirit event that involved the Cuphead Mii costume before Undertale despite the Sans Mii happening 5 months earlier. It's also pretty notable that this spirit event happened 3 months ago.
This theory hinges on the idea of the Cuphead event being relevant to other properties that have gotten costumes when they very well could be entiely separate things, all the more so when we're talking about non-Nintendo properties.

A Luigi's Mansion 3 event missing is odd though, there just isn't enough precedent to directly connect it to a mii costume dump. It's not like other relevant properties haven't missed a timely spirit event window (Dragalia Lost for example).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom