• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Edit - For people that wonder why it's worth keeping expectations in check, due to the article and all
People are saying "why won¨t Nintendo be able to fix it all if Microsoft and Sony....".. Microsoft and Sony are more cooperate led then what Nintendo is. For instance, Sony Entertainment owns Naughty Dogs' studio, yet they are okay with minimal pay, and forces crunch on their programmers. Nintendo on the other hand, allows its programmers to take the time they need ("insert famous Shigeru Miyamoto quote here") and refuse to forces crunch on their workers. Just look at Breath of The Wild, or with recent titles, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem. Both games being delayed quite a while.

Both games and movies are often announced, only then to be delayed or even canceled during production even though they have been announced. Atlus has said that SMT goes along well... Well, we have waited years, yet not even a trailer has arrived. The same goes for Bayonetta 3 from Platinum.

Due to the coronavirus, we live in an unprecedented time. We live in a time where the majority of people work from home, which is something that Japan is uncommon. Sakurai has said that meetings with people about presentations for said characters have been hard to do due to this, so who is to say that Nintendo has not had the same issue? And sure, they might have done a good job before they started working from home, but that does not mean the production will come to a halt/slow down because how they need to change the structure of production, communication, security when it comes to leaks about which the 5 other characters is besides Arms.

So what your saying is that Jon is hinting/reporting something when it benefits us, we should trust him, but when it's not, we should doubt him/them then? (this is not directed to that specific thread, I see that behavior constantly when it comes to movies too for example) It goes both ways. Sure, he could be wrong... I was just pointing this out because this thread acts like Jon knows everything Nintendo does and reads his every move with a microscope.
That wasn’t exactly what I was saying. It was simply trustable does not always mean right. Nothing else. Plus, aside from that, I wouldn’t think Jon knows everything, evenwhen people here act like he does.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A good way to look at it is Jon backing the user up means there's a fair chance they're credible.

That's... kind of it. Blindly trusting isn't a good idea either way.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I joked about it about a month ago but we really could wind getting at least one Smash presentation in Sakurai's living room/home office. It would be cool if his wife could be in one but we all know that she could have maybe 5 seconds of screen time and like a quarter of the fanbase would be asking for feet pics forevermore.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
A good way to look at it is Jon backing the user up means there's a fair chance they're credible.

That's... kind of it. Blindly trusting isn't a good idea either way.
I see what you mean.

That said, I could be wrong, but didn’t Jon just make the video about what that article guy said? Does Jon know anything (else) about the situation himself?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I see what you mean.

That said, I could be wrong, but didn’t Jon just make the video about what that article guy said? Does Jon know anything (else) about the situation himself?
I honestly wouldn't know. I was more pointing out what Icewolf overall meant.

He might know, though?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I think NOA might be done with tweets today. Here was their last one slightly over an hour ago; first one w/o pics or promoting a game of any kind:

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
That wasn’t exactly what I was saying. It was simply trustable does not always mean right. Nothing else. Plus, aside from that, I wouldn’t think Jon knows everything, evenwhen people here act like he does.
If you ask me personally? I think it worth having in the back of your head. Like I posted in the comment you quote. We live in an unprecedented time, and Nintendo is not known to operate the same way as Microsoft and Sony. To put the head in the sand like an ostrich or put your hands on your ears and pretend as nothing will happen is.... quite frankly naive. There was so much talk about how the virus could not possibly be the reason that they delayed the direct, and what happens? They addressed the virus and said that released dates and other information announced could be delayed etc.

”Due to COVID19, release dates and other information presented In this video are subject for change,"

Other information = who the character is, and who is next inline
Release date = when the character(s) comes out

Attachments

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
From what I'm seeing pretty much every news outlet is reporting on this. Christ IGN has an article on it. Think about this for two seconds, Nintendo tends to reveal their E3 plans to the public in early May, it's very likely they are telling partners now that "hey we aern't doing anything this year" and that's how this stuff got out. What this feels like is the thread not believing this because they're in denial about not getting news soon. Being super skeptical about leaks is fine, hell even rational and encouraged, but theres a difference between one guy saying something, and a bunch of highly reputable sources saying the same thing and you guys start sounding like you are plugging your ears.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Also a bit more from Sabi, the "sad/bad" news was the lack of a June direct:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Trying to ask if the lack of a direct is the only bad news we're in for, or if Nintendo 2020 is just ruined. From the sound of that last tweet, I think we're just getting shadowdropped announcements instead of the direct.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If you ask me personally? I think it worth having in the back of your head. Like I posted in the comment you quote. We live in an unprecedented time, and Nintendo is not known to operate the same way as Microsoft and Sony. To put the head in the sand like an ostrich or put your hands on your ears and pretend as nothing will happen is.... quite frankly naive. There was so much talk about how the virus could not possibly be the reason that they delayed the direct, and what happens? They addressed the virus and said that games announced could be delayed etc.

And here is an important note to take in mind when it comes to the DLC
”Due to COVID19, release dates and other information presented In this video are subject for change,"

Other information = who the character is, and who is next inline
Release date = when the character(s) comes out
I am not sure about that. Just because those things can happen, doesn't mean they will. We shouldn't assume things just yet, even with things we do know that could hint either way until Nintendo says so themselves. Just because Nintendo doesn't operate the same way as other companies doesn't mean they are that different. I mean, I know we have the Corona virus going on, but if Nintendo has so much information to give out, I doubt that spreading it in bits would be a good idea. Plus, they don't have that much first party stuff known to the public, plus, investors.

And I am not pretending nothing is happening or putting my head in the sand like an ostrich. I am just saying just because one guys says something does not make it true, especially with sources. I am not denying it could be true, but false news happens all the time in the news world, anyway.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
There's also the possibility that it won't be a "Direct" in the sense of an actual presentation and it's just a bunch of trailers mashed together or what they usually do after most Directs anyways and just dump a bunch of trailers over the course of a day or two. "The world sucks right now so here's F-ZERO."
>F-Zero.

Don't do that, don't give us hope.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm more inclined to believe that our Smash announcements, apart from the inevitable video presentation regarding FP6, will likely be shadowdropped, including FP7. I can't imagine Nintendo would want to keep both a secret from the public for too much longer. Remember, the second Fighter Pass does need to convince people to buy it, and while I'm happy for ARMS getting a rep, I know it alone won't be enough to sell it for some people.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Honestly, this isn't a bad situation because **** is still going to get announced but you Zoomers and Doomers are going to get a crash course on what waiting for video game announcements was like in the 90's and early 2000's. Nintendo has set a good precedent the past two weeks of just casually dropping major announcements and that's likely going to be a summary of the summer, us debating the pros and cons of alcoholism when Nintendo nonchalantly announces Pauline's Xtra Thicc BDSM Adventure at like 11 o'clock at night on a random Thursday.
Umm.......

Im more of a Fire Emblem Xtreme Beach Volleyball (Ft. Pyra and Mythra from the Xenoblade series) guy myself.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Remember, Smash Presentations get recorded a month or two in advance, given that the ARMS character was already delayed I'm like 95% sure they've recorded their presentation already. I HIGHLY doubt it's going to get delayed from June.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Remember, Smash Presentations get recorded a month or two in advance, given that the ARMS character was already delayed I'm like 95% sure they've recorded their presentation already. I HIGHLY doubt it's going to get delayed from June.
Um, who said anything about Smash Presentations? Not that I am denying it, but I haven't seen anything even speculative about it until now.

Firox

Smash Master
I joked about it about a month ago but we really could wind getting at least one Smash presentation in Sakurai's living room/home office. It would be cool if his wife could be in one but we all know that she could have maybe 5 seconds of screen time and like a quarter of the fanbase would be asking for feet pics forevermore.
Watch Sakurai host the next Direst in a bath robe and fuzzy pikachu slippers...

"Oh, hello! Masahiro Sakurai here, bringing you some exciting Smash Bros news!....from my man-cave...."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
People aren't heavily expecting a Smash announcement delay whatsoever. However, it might not be recorded just yet. It needs to record everything is a reasonably presentable state. Most of the major stuff is already overall done first. The rest is last minute playtesting, which can take a while.

It should still release in June, or possibly earlier. Since it's going to release in actual June, that means the recording, which is a month in advance, will happen soon. Assuming the June date wasn't changed to earlier. It could be even as soon as tomorrow it's recorded.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I am not sure about that. Just because those things can happen, doesn't mean they will. We shouldn't assume things just yet, even with things we do know that could hint either way until Nintendo says so themselves. Just because Nintendo doesn't operate the same way as other companies doesn't mean they are that different. I mean, I know we have the Corona virus going on, but if Nintendo has so much information to give out, I doubt that spreading it in bits would be a good idea. Plus, they don't have that much first party stuff known to the public, plus, investors.

And I am not pretending nothing is happening or putting my head in the sand like an ostrich. I am just saying just because one guys says something does not make it true, especially with sources. I am not denying it could be true, but false news happens all the time in the news world, anyway.
If they only cared about investors, then they would have put out Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing ages ago. Especially the latter. Their stock dropped quite a bit when they revealed that they were delaying Animal Crossing for this year.

And no, I don¨t think we should believe it because of the one that reported on it (unless it's from Jason Schrier, who is by far the best of the best when it comes to video game-related scoopers with a flawless track record.), but because of what is happening right now. I see this report more of a "wake up call" than an actual scoop, concidering people seems to only now bring the idea of that this could potentially happen.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
That, and the CG trailers for at bare minimum the first two characters of the second fighter pass are assuredly finished. I doubt they wouldn't have finished them even with what has gone on for the past few months.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If they only cared about investors, then they would have put out Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing ages ago. Especially the latter. Their stock dropped quite a bit when they revealed that they were delaying Animal Crossing for this year.

And no, I don¨t think we should believe it because of the one that reported on it (unless it's from Jason Schrier, who is by far the best of the best when it comes to video game-related scoopers), but because of what is happening right now. I see this report more of a "wake up call" than an actual scoop.
Investors or not, I am sure there are other reasons why they shouldn't delay or at least in this case, not show thing. I fear cancelling this Direct would be bad for them, virus or not.

That said, we don't know for sure if this Direct is cancelled for sure. I say we wait until Nintendo says something themselves. Not because of one guy and what other sources, one who was said to be controversial and the other who hasn't gotten everything right, among possibly others, say.

QQS

Smash Lord
053C7080-5D03-46B0-B2D2-528A681D7436.png

-Official webpage still says that CP6 will be released in June.
-Sakurai said that DLC from home has been doing well

So, I’m not gonna believe a rumor. CP6 is one month away!

MY PREDICTION

Character #76: two, four or even 8 Arms reps. If I have to bet only one, for me she will be Min Min. Anyway, I would receive any newcomer with good attitude, I love Smash and the game is already perfect. I like discovering new franchises thanks to Smash. Let surprise us as always!

Character #77: Geno Follows Smash Route! Geno appears from the maze! Geno whirls into battle! Geno lands on Smash! Geno stars in! Geno has been possessed again! Geno squares up! Geno descends from above! GENO JOINS THE SMASH PARTY! For me the ONLY character to say that the game is 100% perfect. I know that there are other characters that deserve the spot also, like: Crash, Rayman, Sora, Bandana, Lloyd, Waluigi, Skull Kid and Isaac. If you ask me, I would go for other characters I like also (Zero, Skull Kid, Knuckles or Tails), but If I have to choose ONLY ONE, the one that has been always there, waiting to be playable since 24 years, he is our starboy. What I mean is that I’m 100% done with Geno and I wont ask or root for any other character like I do with him. I like the others, but I love Geno and I would be forever grateful with him. My number one pick and probably the universally most wanted character right now. That reveal will touch my 1996 heart when I was Geno in front of my Snes. Now I’m 30 years.

-All the Remake/Ports of Mario
-SuperMarioRPG coming to the NSO with Geno
-A new 2D Metroid + the Prime Trilogy for Switch (hope in HD). To please us while still waiting for Prime 4.
-Odyssey 2
-Breath 2
-Premium Costume of The Knight
-Of course many more games, but here is what I’m looking for.

*”Zelda anthology” or a port with Twilight HD, Wind HD and hopefully Skyward HD remake will be for 2021 cause that will be the year when Link gets 35 years.
**Hope to see another dream one day: Ocarina Definitive Edition revival, with full graphics and improvements. A revival to this Masterpiece like Final Fantasy 7 remake after 23 years (from FF7 on PS1 to FF7 on PS4).

Let June grants our wishes and hope for Geno to star in!

Edit: fixed word.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Imagine Sakurai Presentation: Home Tour Edition. He's presenting the ARMS character when his cat knocks the camera over to its side, where it directly points to his wall, revealing an altar dedicated to Geno.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hmm...should FP7's trailer be more likely to see in a Sakurai presents video or shadowdropped?

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Probably in a Sakurai presents, at the end of the Arms presentation. Thats my guess at least

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Imagine Sakurai Presentation: Home Tour Edition. He's presenting the ARMS character when his cat knocks the camera over to its side, where it directly points to his wall, revealing an altar dedicated to Geno.
"Oh nooooooo, Mr. Meow knocked over my camera and it landed directly facing my Geno shrine! What are the chances haha, don't look guys ahahah, this is so embarrassing!"

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
After chilling, I decided that the whole no June Direct thing is more likely than I thought. I still don't see it as a complete certainty, though.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Even if there isn't a June Direct, that won't stop the Smash DLC reveals from happening around that time or before then.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
After chilling, I decided that the whole no June Direct thing is more likely than I thought. I still don't see it as a complete certainty, though.
TBH I'm seeing it as more and more likely, given that not only are multiple insiders backing it up, but Nintendo's unofficially saying it by the sheer amount of tweets we got today. If that volume keeps up, especially if we get anything new that's pretty substantial, that would be an indicator that it's true.

I mean, LM3 dropped DLC ~2 months in advance and they just casually shadowdropped it on Twitter. Even if we don't get a June direct though, I don't see them withholding all information til the Q3/4 direct; that just won't happen.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Honestly, the more I read through all of these messages and the more I think about it, I am actually down for Nintendo just randomly shadowdropping huge announcements on Twitter. Just imagine, one magical day, all of us on Smashboards, speculating and hoping for Geno to make his grand return, when all of a sudden on a random Tuesday morning, Nintendo surprises us with a random trailer, revealing Geno for Smash. GameFAQ's and 4Chan gets a massive BTFO, while we all celebrate that our starboy has returned. That would be such a great day.

Also, I would love if we get a Sakurai Presents live stream at Sakurai's own home. That would make for some funny and memorable moments lol

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Honestly, the more I read through all of these messages and the more I think about it, I am actually down for Nintendo just randomly shadowdropping huge announcements on Twitter. Just imagine, one magical day, all of us on Smashboards, speculating and hoping for Geno to make his grand return, when all of a sudden on a random Tuesday morning, Nintendo surprises us with a random trailer, revealing Geno for Smash. GameFAQ's and 4Chan gets a massive BTFO, while we all celebrate that our starboy has returned. That would be such a great day.

Also, I would love if we get a Sakurai Presents live stream at Sakurai's own home. That would make for some funny and memorable moments lol
"geno in smush lul, git ****ed gamfaks" -Mass of Hero, Soccer-Eye on a random Tuesday

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
TBH I'm seeing it as more and more likely, given that not only are multiple insiders backing it up, but Nintendo's unofficially saying it by the sheer amount of tweets we got today. If that volume keeps up, especially if we get anything new that's pretty substantial, that would be an indicator that it's true.

I mean, LM3 dropped DLC ~2 months in advance and they just casually shadowdropped it on Twitter. Even if we don't get a June direct though, I don't see them withholding all information til the Q3/4 direct; that just won't happen.
Yeah, yeah, sure. I am just saying I believe in it more now than I did before. I was previously more doubtful of it, as I may have said before.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yeah, yeah, sure. I am just saying I believe in it more now than I did before. I was previously more doubtful of it, as I may have said before.
No yeah I get you, there's always gonna be some level of skepticism with leaks/rumors (except Geno, cuz he's in). It's just seeming more and more likely that the direct was canceled, but honestly, that's not that big of a deal, provided we still get all the info. I just hope that I don't get spoiled and randomly see it from not-Nintendo first.

("it" being DLC 7 or big games that I really want like Paper Mario)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom