• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Man I got the most BORING avatar of them all...feelsbadman

So I see Crash is everywhere present on this site, and he wears blue pants. You know what else goes with blue? GENO.

Geno confirmed.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Cut it off! I’m a legal doctor now too! I’m the mayor/president/dictator now so I get to be anything I want dangit!
Okay, but what if I want to make the bab? How am I going to look my son in the eye when I tell him I'll have to remove dingus and prevent him from being born?

The President: "Is it a 'good' attack or a flaccid attack? I think it's currently attacking my penis too."
Somewhere in the middle, I think.

link2702

Smash Champion
Why buy some scanner that hooks to your phone when you can literally just go to autozone or o’reily and have them scan it for free?

Then if it is serious u can just buy the part there and fix it when home.

YouTube has literally made working on cars easier than ever before, just have the right tools, and take proper safety precautions and you’ll be fine.

D

Deleted member

Why buy some scanner that hooks to your phone when you can literally just go to autozone or o’reily and have them scan it for free?

Then if it is serious u can just buy the part there and fix it when home.

YouTube has literally made working on cars easier than ever before, just have the right tools, and take proper safety precautions and you’ll be fine.
Because we're social distancing, bro. Besides, every tirp to AutoZone costs gas and time that make your own tool eventually pay for itself.

Source? I don't remember hearing about that stuff awhile back. The only thing I remember was last summer having that very high-quality render of Mario eating a watermelon and everyone flipping their lid that SMS HD was "confirmed".
I thought Markomaro had a tweet talking Mario a while back, but I guess it was someone else and I got them confused. Fatman is the best source I can give you because I know he mentioned it, and April Fools is not his holiday.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Polarthief Polarthief

On Paper Mario:

Paper Mario rumors first came about insider circles October or so according to one of my guys. Markomaro was the first to make them public in November but it largely slipped under the radar. In January, Sabi basically put it on blast on Twitter.

On Zelda:

Two of my guys have supported the idea that Nintendo is going to try its damnest to make BotW2 a 2020 release. God speed to Nintendo but apparently Nintendo literally pushed this idea on its employees right after E3 2019 wrapped up so I think there will be a serious attempt.

Where's Metroid?:

Everything I've heard about Prime 4 is that development is an absolute trainwreck and apparently so bad that people were predicting it missing E3 2020 back in October and November.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Polarthief Polarthief

On Paper Mario:

Paper Mario rumors first came about insider circles October or so according to one of my guys. Markomaro was the first to make them public in November but it largely slipped under the radar. In January, Sabi basically put it on blast on Twitter.

On Zelda:

Two of my guys have supported the idea that Nintendo is going to try its damnest to make BotW2 a 2020 release. God speed to Nintendo but apparently Nintendo literally pushed this idea on its employees right after E3 2019 wrapped up so I think there will be a serious attempt.

Where's Metroid?:

Everything I've heard about Prime 4 is that development is an absolute trainwreck and apparently so bad that people were predicting it missing E3 2020 back in October and November.
Man that sucks about metroid. What even happend to cause all this?!

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Polarthief Polarthief

Where's Metroid?:

Wow. I'm totally surprised that Nintendo giving a project to developers who haven't put out a game in 6 years are having development problems.

Hopefully, this doesn't indicate wider development problems at Nintendo that is why 2020 is so sparse.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I see people worried about the Mario stuff but it's likely real. One of my contacts was pretty confident that Zelda and Mario were going to be the main focuses of E3 2020... Back in August. Since then, a lot has come out in support of the Mario part with things like Sunshine and Paper Mario technically being traceable to intel from the fall. Plus, Nintendo's kind of already flexed Mario a decent amount this year with updates on Super Nintendo World and Nintendo officially teaming up with Levis and LEGOS and that's all non-gaming stuff.
Knowning than since litteraly august you heard stuff like this make me think than your smash theories are also real, what mean
CP6: MinMin
CP7: Geno
CP8: Crash (All these three at E3 2020)
CP9: Lloyd Irving
CP10: Dante
CP11: Master Chief
An Echo
Another Echo
An Iwata Tribute
Waluigi

He looks good.

The geno hat fits for crash, also i like it cause geno and crash are my most wanted for Fp2

Last edited by a moderator:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I thought Markomaro had a tweet talking Mario a while back, but I guess it was someone else and I got them confused. Fatman is the best source I can give you because I know he mentioned it, and April Fools is not his holiday.
Ah okay. I guess I missed that part of Marko's info. Then again, I could have been subconsciously ignoring them since they had a leak for a "3DS Paper Mario remake".

On Paper Mario:

Didn't Marko only say a 3DS remake though and not a true PM3?

On Zelda:

Two of my guys have supported the idea that Nintendo is going to try its damnest to make BotW2 a 2020 release.
YOOOOOOOOO for real?! I watched Arlo's vid when he's like "oh yeah it's gotta be our holiday 2020 release" and I'm just thinking to myself "nah there's noooooo way". I'd be super stoked if that's the case as BOTW1 was a (needless to say it) amazing game! Makes sense to want to push it though when you have two other competitors launching a new console.

God speed to Nintendo but apparently Nintendo literally pushed this idea on its employees right after E3 2019 wrapped up so I think there will be a serious attempt.
Really, that far back? Just seemed weird to say it's "in development" then they're like "HERE IT IS A YEAR LATER, READY FOR THE HOLIDAY", y'know? "In development" sounded like it'd be 2021's holiday title, or possibly an early 2022 title. I would be absolutely blown away if they can push it to 2020, while also pushing hard on Mario stuff... and Geno of course.

Where's Metroid?:

Rip, I'm not expecting it for awhile but even then, my interest in Prime waned heavily when the second game came out. Don't get me wrong, Prime 1 and Fusion were my first Metroid games (despite being a SNES kid, I never had Super Metroid) and amazing ones at that, but idk, Prime 2 just didn't hold me like Prime 1 did and I never even touched Prime 3, so I'm okay if that's stuck in development hell for a bit. More interested in Metroid 5 news personally, but for the people who went bonkers over Prime 4 simply existing, I feel bad for em.

Thanks as usual for the info dump Fatman! =)

Man that sucks about metroid. What even happend to cause all this?!
A change in studio and having to redo the ENTIRE game for one. Nintendo wasn't a fan of the direction the original development was going.

Wow. I'm totally surprised that Nintendo giving a project to developers who haven't put out a game in 6 years are having development problems.
I mean, to be fair, it also restrarted completely after years of development, so I wouldn't be surprised if it got stuck in development hell for awhile.

Hopefully, this doesn't indicate wider development problems at Nintendo that is why 2020 is so sparse.
Prime 4 seems like a very unique case. Nintendo's just bad at pacing. Hell even Sakurai is guilty of that (see the 3 Smash directs pre-launch and FP1).

Knowning than since litteraly august you heard stuff like this make me think than your smash theories are also real, what mean
An Echo
Another Echo
An Iwata Tribute
Waluigi
That looks like a very solid FP pack and bonuses. I could really ask for a much better pass because anything much better is a total pipe dream that wouldn't happen.

The geno hat fits for crash, also i like it cause geno and crash are my most wanted for Fp2
Never touched a Crash game, have no idea what he or his games are about, but the more I look at these avatars and peoples' love for him, the more I'm kinda passively rooting for him TBH. If he got in, I might look into the trilogy, and I wouldn't be annoyed or angry at his inclusion (granted if I get Geno, anyone after that doesn't even matter, haha). Here's hoping you get your two top boys.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Ah. The good ol' "half-chub". Geno confirmed!
Exactly. While I appreciate a nice set of hips, I don't sexually attracted to viruses that fill my lungs with grey Play-Doh.
But Crash, though... MMMPH. Now that's good rat.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Ah okay. I guess I missed that part of Marko's info. Then again, I could have been subconsciously ignoring them since they had a leak for a "3DS Paper Mario remake".

Didn't Marko only say a 3DS remake though and not a true PM3?

YOOOOOOOOO for real?! I watched Arlo's vid when he's like "oh yeah it's gotta be our holiday 2020 release" and I'm just thinking to myself "nah there's noooooo way". I'd be super stoked if that's the case as BOTW1 was a (needless to say it) amazing game! Makes sense to want to push it though when you have two other competitors launching a new console.

Really, that far back? Just seemed weird to say it's "in development" then they're like "HERE IT IS A YEAR LATER, READY FOR THE HOLIDAY", y'know? "In development" sounded like it'd be 2021's holiday title, or possibly an early 2022 title. I would be absolutely blown away if they can push it to 2020, while also pushing hard on Mario stuff... and Geno of course.

Rip, I'm not expecting it for awhile but even then, my interest in Prime waned heavily when the second game came out. Don't get me wrong, Prime 1 and Fusion were my first Metroid games (despite being a SNES kid, I never had Super Metroid) and amazing ones at that, but idk, Prime 2 just didn't hold me like Prime 1 did and I never even touched Prime 3, so I'm okay if that's stuck in development hell for a bit. More interested in Metroid 5 news personally, but for the people who went bonkers over Prime 4 simply existing, I feel bad for em.

Thanks as usual for the info dump Fatman! =)

A change in studio and having to redo the ENTIRE game for one. Nintendo wasn't a fan of the direction the original development was going.

I mean, to be fair, it also restrarted completely after years of development, so I wouldn't be surprised if it got stuck in development hell for awhile.

Prime 4 seems like a very unique case. Nintendo's just bad at pacing. Hell even Sakurai is guilty of that (see the 3 Smash directs pre-launch and FP1).

That looks like a very solid FP pack and bonuses. I could really ask for a much better pass because anything much better is a total pipe dream that wouldn't happen.

Never touched a Crash game, have no idea what he or his games are about, but the more I look at these avatars and peoples' love for him, the more I'm kinda passively rooting for him TBH. If he got in, I might look into the trilogy, and I wouldn't be annoyed or angry at his inclusion (granted if I get Geno, anyone after that doesn't even matter, haha). Here's hoping you get your two top boys.
Thank You

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Looking at this board I legitimately feel like I’m going insane. Or N-Sane perhaps?

Anyway, I wonder if there will be any directs between now and E3. I’m pretty sure we won’t get Smash info until 6 is fully revealed, but if these rumors are true it sounds like Nintendo has a LOT to show us

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Looking at this board I legitimately feel like I’m going insane. Or N-Sane perhaps?

Anyway, I wonder if there will be any directs between now and E3. I’m pretty sure we won’t get Smash info until 6 is fully revealed, but if these rumors are true it sounds like Nintendo has a LOT to show us
I think most of it will be saved for E3, or their fall direct. Though I think we'll probably get the ARMS reveal in its own presentation shortly before E3

D

Deleted member

Exactly. While I appreciate a nice set of hips, I don't sexually attracted to viruses that fill my lungs with grey Play-Doh.
Rat? Crash is a marsupial, thank you very much.

Either way don't eat him without practicing proper hygienic handling of non-domesticated meat.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
The only exposure to Crash I have has been CTR and it's convinced me that Beenox is straight up one of the best developer teams out there. They are just too good to the player base. We do not deserve them for all the hard work they put into the game. Crash seems just about right for Smash Bros. He is the only character I put ahead of Geno when it comes to who needs to legit be in Smash Ultimate. I may not have any nostalgic ties with the character but Crash belongs in Smash Bros.

Of course, let's be sure we get Geno first and foremost before I start rooting for other dudes!

Also low key I actually like all the villains in Crash more than the heroes. It's usually not like me but they are so bizarre and charming in their little weird and mutilated ways.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also low key I actually like all the villains in Crash more than the heroes. It's usually not like me but they are so bizarre and charming in their little weird and mutilated ways.
Funny, Crash is one of the few franchises where I think the villains are (successfully) designed to be disliked. Crash isn't my favorite in terms of hero characters, but his charm is undeniable. I'm a little up in the air on whether or not I think he "deserves" to be in Smash, and that's coming from someone who can say that during the era, the first three Crash games were some of my favorite platformers.

D

Deleted member

Crash does not belong in Smash because he always forgets to wash his hands after using the bathroom.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
TBH I really think we'll be getting a Sakurai video in late May (likely last week of the month) or the first week of June. E3 was scheduled for the 9th-11th (Tuesday-Thursday), so I'm kinda expecting the Nintendo direct in that 2nd week and the ARMS rep will be revealed prior so that the E3 direct can have 2 reveals. Very skeptical of seeing 2 + ARMS reveal in one day, so yeah, just my two cents.

Also while not expected, I'm leaning more on them doing 2 reveals in the June/"E3" direct.

I think most of it will be saved for E3, or their fall direct. Though I think we'll probably get the ARMS reveal in its own presentation shortly before E3
I doubt much will be saved for the fall direct (for this year), but we'll probs get some stuff for 2021, and as I already said, I obs agree with your second part.

Mike, are you... joining the dark side? Next you're gonna listen to CJ (in ACNH) and make an anglersona that's also a rat.

Rat? Crash is a marsupial, thank you very much.
A marsupial is basically a bigger rat.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
An Echo
Another Echo
An Iwata Tribute
Waluigi
We'll see. I do think we'll be getting "bonuses" but the packs will be reserved for "world building" characters like Geno. For example, I originally predicted Waluigi for 6 but even I admit a stage and music was often a hard dead end in that talking point. The same could be argued for a hypothetical Iwata tribute because, outside of Balloon Fight, none Iwata's "signature" games really have iconic music aside from franchises already in Smash.

D

Deleted member

*Sees CrashBoards.*

I like this.

Darn shame about the April Fools thing.

Oh well.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
NGL I didn't expect Crashboards to do anything for April fools day

Also my PFP looks like he's about to WOWOWOWOW

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So I was watching a video where someone was using an online program that takes your short sentences and auto completes them into full paragraphs. I've decided to make a few of my own for fun. Here are the results:
(Note: The emboldened section is the part I fed to this AI to make this short paragraph.)
Fatmanonice took a deep breath as he opened the email he recieved regarding whether or not Geno will be coming to Smash Ultimate.

Bitterly he scanned the email, but decided to save it until later in the evening, because the opportunity was perfect. He re-read the message that was sent, wondering how people can possibly explain Geno's participation in Smash Ultimate to fans outside of Sweden.

"I'm willing to explain how Geno came up to be part of Smash Ultimate in general, so don't worry about Geno's involvement in the Smash family. In the whole Smash thing, he's just like 5% of it. He's not a big hero or anything." he said and smiled.

"In
Geno entered on his wife, who had been sleeping with Mallow every day since the defeat of the Smithy Gang.

"I could give a f**k," Giggles burst out, apparently seeing that she wouldn't be taken seriously by the crowd. This infuriated the other, more serious female fan, and within seconds they began fighting.

"For goodness sakes Giggles," said Pom, clearly disturbed. "Do you not like all of this? That's how you can be an Asian Lady?" Pom continued to stress the seriousness of the situation to her favorite cartoon character. "You're not trying to fight your husband, you're trying to humiliate her, you're acting like she's a b*tch."
Geno gently caressed Booster's body, his lithe, wooden fingers gently tickling his girthy rump in light strokes. "Well, I'm glad you're enjoying myself a little too much. Don't get too comfortable. You'll have a thing or two to work through, and I don't know if I have the energy to deal with that, but you don't want to keep feeling guilty. I'm quite aware of how stressful it can be, and while I don't always want you to talk to me about it, I like to think I get it pretty good too." He purred low and heartily and asked, "Gross?" "The fact that I know how it makes you feel makes me kind of jealous,"
"So, you've finally arrived!", Smithy boomed as Geno walked into his throne room. "Pardon me, what do you want?"

The purple man's answer came with a pot full of greenish smoke rising from his lab. Geno wiped his hands on his old grey trenchcoat before shaking his head. "Why would I come? It's a nice day to die."

The lab's door crashed shut behind him and he turned around to find a dome of golden and green energy at his feet, the only thing that seemed to work, it was apparently powered by Sunlight's Light, or at least Sunlight's essence, using his feet Geno stumbled through the room while punching his way through the minions and robots.
After several hours of deliberation, Geno had finally come to a conclusion. He had made the difficult decision to end his own life. He had to be with the other Amestrians that night and then have a place to call home while he had a chance to regain his health. With these events in mind, he said "I am done. I am done with this, and I'm quitting. I am finished."

Over his final few weeks of life, the city of Baguio wanted to keep Geno's "reputation" as a sort of special emissary to the Philippines and actively pursued him to do a public service to the country. There were also rumors that if Geno survived he would be a football star in

Bonus points if anyone wants to visualize these. If you'd like to try this out for yourself, here's the link.

*Sees CrashBoards.*

I like this.

Darn shame about the April Fools thing.

Oh well.
No lie, they should make CrashBoards a selectable option all year 'round.

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Obligatory “woah”.

I’m thinking the Mario rumors are true too, because of the amount of coverage they have gotten. Whereas the Flipnote thing wasn’t as prevalent.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Citizens of the Geno board, I've come to make a very important announcement...

Geno the Star Warrior's an irrelevant dead character, he pissed on my most-wanted Smash pick. That's right, he took his dolly-****** splinter **** out and he pissed on my most-wanted, and he said his **** was "this big," and I said "that's disgusting," so I'm making a callout post on my Twitter.com: Geno, you've got a small ****, It's the size of this acorn except WAY smaller. And guess what? Here's what my dong looks like: that's right baby, all points, no splinters, no leaves... look at that, it looks like two Nok Nok Shells and an arm cannon. He ****** my most-wanted, so guess what, I'm gonna **** the Mushroom Kingdom. That's right, this is what you get: MY SUPER LASER PISS!! Except I'm not gonna piss on the Mushroom Kingdom, I'm gonna go higher; I'm pissing ON THE CASTLE! How do you like that, Bowser? I PISSED ON THE CASTLE, YOU IDIOT! You have twenty-three hours before the piss drrrrroplllllllets hit the ******* kingdom, now get outta my ******* sight, before I piss on you too!
Happy April Fools Day, Geno board.

Last edited:

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
With all of this Paper Mario talk - you know what would be cool? If anyone was able to dig up old old old insider info about preliminary discussions for SMRPG2 between Nintendo and Square to see if conversations about including Geno in SMRPG2 was ever going to happen. And I mean conversations from before their fallout, of course.

Sometimes my imagination gets the best of me...

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Polarthief Polarthief If I remember correctly, the first instance of PM3 talk occured last September. Zippo said that he was surprised it was not revealed in the September 2019 direct. So, i’m not sure if he had been talking about it prior to that or not.

He first started talking about it being a true RPG in January, though.

People give him **** over the two directs in February thing but I think he still has surprisingly a lot under his belt. I distinctly remember he asked ResetERA how they would feel about a Mario 64 remake like two weeks before these rumors come out. (I’ll grab the post if ya’ll want)

i’ve spoken with him a few times on resetera and he always seems positive and enthusiastic in his replies. I still can’t see how or why he would’ve wanted to troll resetera. He’s been a community member there for a long time.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, Crash is speculated to be one of the remaining 5 DLC fighters alongside Geno, so this April Fools thing may or may not turn out to be accurate in the future.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hmm...even with the recent April Fools thing, we still have quite a bit to go off of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom