• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, Nintendo is going to get curb stomped by Sony and Microsoft this year. The new console gen is already bad for them, but having zero new games this year on top of that. Yeesh.
Man, I am starting to feel bad for Nintendo for that reason. Why are they taking so long to announce new stuff, anyway?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't feel bad for them. If they wanted to announce stuff (or if they had games to announce) they could and would. They just ****ed up.
Maybe, and perhaps it is their fault, but I do feel bad that they aren't showing anything while Sony and Microsoft are doing so.

Firox

Smash Master
Man, Nintendo is going to get curb stomped by Sony and Microsoft this year. The new console gen is already bad for them, but having zero new games this year on top of that. Yeesh.
Seriously. This is no time for them to go limp while their competition is bringing their A-game.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I don't feel bad for them. If they wanted to announce stuff (or if they had games to announce) they could and would. They just ****ed up.
Or at least give an announcement: "Sorry for the delay in the direct, it's due to coronavirus". That said, they should have said this back in Jan/Feb, but it'd be better than the RADIO SILENCE they're doing.
... well, except for all things Animal Crossing of course. While I'm enjoying the game, they can't shut the hell up about it and it's definitely not going to last me until June. AC isn't really the kind of game you can play for hours and hours (without Time-Traveling) and get a ton of enjoyment out of it.

It's also crazier when you consider AC was originally intended to be a 2019 release, so if it didn't get delayed, we'd have literally 0 games right now this year, three months in.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The saddest thing about this is we still dunno **** about Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition or when it releases

like it was announced at the same time as TMS FE Encore and the latter is already out

my only hope as to why XCDE is taking so long is bevause XCXDE is happening with it but I wouldn’t hold my breath for that

D

Deleted member

Does Nimbus Arena (Cloud Kingdom) from Odyssey has to do something with Nimbus Land from MarioRPG? Also, are the Scarecrow statues in Odyssey somehow inspired by the Scarecrow forms in MarioRPG?

I know the Scarecrow question its too much stretching; but what about the name Nimbus? Isn’t that a name property from MarioRPG?

View attachment 266886

(credits to the photo creators please; I just did the collage)
People have hit the cloud thing already, but I'll throw in some opinions on the scarecrow - it's just a coincidence. Scarecrows are just vaguely human looking structures you stick out in a field to do as the name suggests and literally scare the crows away - although, crows are probably smarter than that. They are, at their most basic, a cross shape with some old clothes and a hat on, but if you want to get creative with them, you can put some old gloves on them too.

Here's a photo of some from Japan:
scarecrows.jpeg

Note how the one up front has that drooping hand feature - it's just what happens when you put gloves on a stick - the weight of the ends causes them to droop. Basically, the scarecrow in Odyssey is just a reference to scarecrows, with a stylistically accurate design.

Personally the mii costume "evidence" is still up in the air. Based on this logic, it would also apply to a Monster Hunter Rep, Lloyd, Heiachi, and a Babylonian Castle Saga series all getting a rep.
I doubt Nintendo held off on all these mii costumes just to make them all playable for Season 2.

Honestly, I think Geno's missing mii costume may just boil down to Nintendo poorly handling the mii costume dlc in general. The fact that the dlc packs consisted of preexisting material is ridiculous.

Besides IDK if most of you notice, but every other mii costume pack came with 2 returning costumes from the same parent company. So as I looked at it I just came up with a theory that just follows the pattern we've seen. Costume pair theory I guess I'll call it, if no one has mentioned this before.
For example:

Round 1 :
Tails Hat
Knuckles Hat

Round 2:
(Strictly DQ)(None)

Round 3 :
Protoman
Zero

Round 4:
None(May have to double check me on this one)

Round 5:
X
Megaman. Exe

Its a basic trend, but if it were to continue I would say Geno is likely to end up as a mii costume with the chocobo hat.

Based off this, Namco is likely to upgrade one of their character's(Probably Lloyd) while the other 2 remain as costumes.
This actually leaves both Monster Hunter Gears to show up with whatever character. Capcom doesn't seem as picky and those costumes are already paired up neatly, so they could honestly show up with just about any character reveal.

So Im expecting we get a pair of preexisting dlc costumes everyother character reveal. The last character may not even have a mii bundle associated with it. I mean, it is a "bonus" character, so that should be kind of expected.

Im not saying Geno is impossible at all, but it does seem like Nintendo is just recycling from smash 4, trying to pad their mii bundles with "extra" dlc this time around. Might be some holes to this theory, but its a weird short pattern if anything.
I made a long post about this a while back, but most people should recognize that the missing Geno costume doesn't make him a lock or suggest anything concrete. To recap, we have seven missing Mii costumes:

Geno
Chocobo
Monster Hunter Armor
Rathalos Armor
Gil
Lloyd
Heihachi

Your idea that they would bring back a pair every other character won't work because they don't have a perfect pair setup going here, unless they were to bring back three costumes with one character, or unless Capcom considers the Rathalos Armor having been upgraded to a boss. Also, for the record, I don't believe that the costumes were poorly handled - at some point there had to have been a conscious decision about which costumes were coming back and in what order. If they intended to bring back all of the costumes in Fighter Pass 1, they would have done so, even if it meant a pure Mii Costume release that was character independent.

The thing about a conscious effort to hold back these costumes is that it carries a series of implications that we're either getting:
- Geno and Lloyd, as they were both fan requested characters, and they accidentally (or purposefully, who knows) showed their hand
- Geno or Lloyd, one being a fall guy for the other
- Neither, **** the fans lmao

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
The reason we have a Fighter Pass 2 is to cover the fact that Nintendo has nothing to show outside of Ports and DLC this year. Just like 2015.

This is my personal theory.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm starting to think they just literally don't have any games to announce. The rest of the industry is proceeding as planned, and they've had like 4 other directs since the virus started. I think they just don't have anything at all.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I'm starting to think they just literally don't have any games to announce. The rest of the industry is proceeding as planned, and they've had like 4 other directs since the virus started. I think they just don't have anything at all.
They blew their load so much in 2017 and 18 that now they having barely anything. Good job Nintendo.

Firox

Smash Master
I'm starting to think you're right about this. People blame the pandemic, but the other companies don't seem too fazed by it. The only other explanation would be Nintendo's typical incompetence when it comes to the consistency of their release dates. They still seem to have the feast or famine approach from the Wii U days.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's times like this I'm glad I have a PS4 and Xbox One, not just a Switch. I'll just focus on those systems this year. FFVII and The Last of Us Part 2 are coming up and P5 Royal is arriving on Friday.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Why is everything so pessimistic in here just because Nintendo doesn’t have a direct to announce for everyone? Animal Crossing hasn’t even been out for a week, there’s a pandemic going on that we know someone at NoA got the virus and we also have no clue what might have happened at NoE and NoJ, Sakurai himself made a statement that the fighters in the second pass would be postponed and you guys are still assuming it’s Nintendo delaying said direct for no reason? Sure, I agree they could have shown it off in February before this whole thing started but stuff could have been happening internally then too. I understand some people getting upset but some of you are acting like it’s the end of the world. Fighter’s Pass 2 isn’t cancelled. Nintendo still makes games. We didn’t get info today but today was never a deadline. I know I’m in no position to say this but chill, everyone.

Firox

Smash Master
It's times like this I'm glad I have a PS4 and Xbox One, not just a Switch. I'll just focus on those systems this year. FFVII and The Last of Us Part 2 are coming up and P5 Royal is arriving on Friday.
Exactly. I've got a PS4 and aside from Smash Bros I've shifted almost exclusively over to that. Been playing KH3 DLC, Nier Automata, Titan Fall 2 and Anthem (don't judge me. It was on sale and I'm THAT bored.)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Why is everything so pessimistic in here just because Nintendo doesn’t have a direct to announce for everyone? Animal Crossing hasn’t even been out for a week, there’s a pandemic going on that we know someone at NoA got the virus and we also have no clue what might have happened at NoE and NoJ, Sakurai himself made a statement that the fighters in the second pass would be postponed and you guys are still assuming it’s Nintendo delaying said direct for no reason? Sure, I agree they could have shown it off in February before this whole thing started but stuff could have been happening internally then too. I understand some people getting upset but some of you are acting like it’s the end of the world. Fighter’s Pass 2 isn’t cancelled. Nintendo still makes games. We didn’t get info today but today was never a deadline. I know I’m in no position to say this but chill, everyone.
I'd hate to point this out, but not only do other companies seem unfazed by the virus, but we have waited three freaking months for a Direct so far. I mean, we have waited that long. Nintendo is just making us wait to unnecessary lengths.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
No one is acting like it's the end of the world. We're just expressing our annoyance.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Pretty much this.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys, I am now predicting the second week of April, since Directs do happen during the second week of a month, typically. Plus, if I recall correctly, Directs do tend to come out three weeks after an Indies Direct happens.

Firox

Smash Master
It's hard to see the silver lining when there aren't any clouds in the sky.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Or at least give an announcement: "Sorry for the delay in the direct, it's due to coronavirus".
Why would they announce a delay for an upcoming direct even though there hasn't been one that's been announced already?

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I'd hate to point this out, but not only do other companies seem unfazed by the virus, but we have waited three freaking months for a Direct so far. I mean, we have waited that long. Nintendo is just making us wait to unnecessary lengths.
The only reason I think other companies are unfazed is because they’ve already announced stuff until June/July. Not to mention there’s always a chance something goes awry with said projects. the PS5 and the Series X could be getting postponed by this for all we know.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
If a direct truly isn't happening now , I can still see it happening next week.

While I understand the worries of everyone , I personnaly have a pretty big backlog to finish , so I'm no too bothered by the situation. Granted , they have to announce something other than AC soon.
I understand the worries about the coronavirus , but this stuff started in China around November I think. And started to be big in Japan around January. So between September 2019 and January 2020 , they were working , so they must have some games planned.

MattX20

Smash Hero
We have until the afternoon for a potential announcement. Like I said yesterday, Nintendo's announcements have been more unpredictable this year and we shouldn't use the past few years to judge how they announce general directs given said unpredictability.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The only reason I think other companies are unfazed is because they’ve already announced stuff until June/July. Not to mention there’s always a chance something goes awry with said projects. the PS5 and the Series X could be getting postponed by this for all we know.
And what has Nintendo announced so far in comparison? A whole lot of nothing, I must say.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I'm so ****ing tired of Animal Crossing. I'm still planning on getting the game eventually but seriously Nintendo, shut up about Animal Crossing already.
I have the game, I'm enjoying it daily, and even I agree with this. It's getting obnoxious by now. They're acting like this game is god's gift to gaming, and honestly, it's good, but I don't think I even like it as much as I liked NL. :/

Why would they announce a delay for an upcoming direct even though there hasn't been one that's been announced already?
To be transparent and let everyone know what's going on instead of "everything is as planned, we just have nothing to show", especially in a year when their 2 huge competitors are going next gen while Nintendo's barely in last gen.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Still too early to call quits, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Though the CO-VID19 event may caused it to move back due to Health and Safety of Staff

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
How do you figure? General directs are always announced at 10:00 EST.
Nintendo usually posts on their Twitter the latest at 11am central time.

Sometimes earlier, but never later.

In these crazy times the only 100% constant thing we’ve had is the latest they post is 11am central

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know, I would not say the situation is as bad as what I am about to say, just to clarify, but I think some would consider Nintendo not releasing a Direct by now as the equivalent to them being the people who torture to us being tortured in their "dungeon", you know what I mean? :troll:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I really don't think it's virus related. The Byleth presentation, the AC direct, the Pokemon Direct, and the Indie world direct all went off without a hitch. There's no reason a general direct would be delayed when nothing else is.

DetectiveSS

Smash Cadet
I have the game, I'm enjoying it daily, and even I agree with this. It's getting obnoxious by now. They're acting like this game is god's gift to gaming, and honestly, it's good, but I don't think I even like it as much as I liked NL. :/
They’re probably going big with NH because they have nothing else to really show right now. It’s either make a huge deal out of Animal Crossing or go completely silent for the remaining time until the next direct (who knows how long that’ll be). If we really aren’t getting a direct today, expect to hear a lot more about it.

Heoj

Smash Ace
at this point i feel like nintendo either doesnt have anything to announce or they somehow think animal crossing can hold everyone until like June or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom