• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I know people talk about people more likely believing leaks based on their character preferences. IE someone believing the new 4chan rumor floating around because it has Geno?

But how true is that really?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I know people talk about people more likely believing leaks based on their character preferences. IE someone believing the new 4chan rumor floating around because it has Geno?

100% baseless. SE character w/ non-SE costumes is a dead giveaway it's fake.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman

What leak are you talking about? Can you show us the soruce?

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
If it's the one I'm thinking of. It isn't worth looking into. It literally has Pokemon Snap quotes as a Gamecube classic. Obvious red flags everywhere.
Eh...I just wanna see it, cause I'm bored. Waiting for a direct and stuck in my house for days has made me really bored. I need a good funny read from a fake leak from 4chan.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Eh...I just wanna see it, cause I'm bored. Waiting for a direct and stuck in my house for days has made me really bored. I need a good funny read from a fake leak from 4chan.
There was a way more convincing one from a few weeks ago. I don't remember where it went but it is something I could believe. The only thing it did not have was more information on Pokemon Sw/Sh DLC which I think is a given if we are getting a March/April direct.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
There was a way more convincing one from a few weeks ago. I don't remember where it went but it is something I could believe. The only thing it did not have was more information on Pokemon Sw/Sh DLC which I think is a given if we are getting a March/April direct.
Shame. I would love to read that.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Same, where can we find this leak?
Found It

Nothing on Smash or Geno in it but I wonder if that was intentional or not.

The date is kind of wrong but that is the only thing that would raise any flags.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Found It

Nothing on Smash or Geno in it but I wonder if that was intentional or not.

The date is kind of wrong but that is the only thing that would raise any flags.
Just to note the coding doesn't work. When creating a spoiler, you only put letters/numbers in for someone to click on. Right now, it'll appear blank.

It'd be better to do it as [ spoiler] url [ / spoiler ]. Remove the spaces.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Just to note the coding doesn't work. When creating a spoiler, you only put letters/numbers in for someone to click on. Right now, it'll appear blank.

It'd be better to do it as [ spoiler] url [ / spoiler ]. Remove the spaces.
Or just click on the [...v] bar in the menu above the comment window and select spoiler from there.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

Apparently I was born on the same day as Jontron. It's my birthday today
Happy Birthday, PsychoIncarnate. May the seven stars shine upon you!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In less than a few hours, we’ll see if the rumor for the Nintendo Direct is true. You all ready for either news or disappointment?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Happy birthday, PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate ! Hopefully we all benefit from Nintendo delivering us a direct on the day after your birthday =)
Speaking of which, this song feels super appropriate now... Your move, Nintendo.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Happy birthday PsychoIncarnate ! (I still don't know how to mention someone on Smashboards lol)

In any case , I'm very confident in a Nintendo direct. They were able to give us the Nindie direct and Byleth presentation after all. For all we know , their video for the Nintendo Direct is ready since February , but they were waiting for a specific time to show it off.
They're not live presentations , they could have easily just chose to wait until AC was released and sold well to advertize new games. (Yeah , the people who wanted to buy AC wouldn't probably change their minds , but more casual players or newcomers to the franchise could have easily been interested in the game , since it was one of the only Nintendo releases as of now.)

I would honestly be willing to wait until June to get a new fighter for Smash , since the last one we got was 2 months ago. It might seem a lot for some , but I'm the guy that's still waiting for Pikmin 4 and anything Klonoa related to be announced , so I can deal with waiting for 4/5 months for Smash news.
The main reason the wait feel so long is because they advertized the Fighter Pass 2 way too soon , they showed off nothing , and when the Byleth presentation came , we didn't get a teaser. Honestly , they should have revealed FP2 during Byleth's presentation.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If and I say IF we don¨t get an announcement today, when do you all think we are getting all, and what's the reason for this whole delay
Not til what would have been E3.

Corona or them being *****. If they'd just say the former, I'd be okay with it. Annoyed, but okay with it. I wouldn't be outright pissed at how long it's taking like I am right now.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Unbelievable. Either it truly is corona or they thought AC would just cover the entire first half of the year, being released in the 2nd to last week of the quarter ending.

But y'know, 3 non-general directs and a sakurai video this quarter, so I really don't think it was the former.

Boy, the investors are really going to be ticked off, aren't they?
Nintendo: "And now, here's ANIMAL CROSSING!"
Investors: 'Mhmm, that's great, you already showed us that 30 times, what is coming this year?'
"A...Animal Crossing."
'... and?'
"..."

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As I said before, there’s no reason to believe the investors haven’t already been informed of Nintendo’s plans in secret.
In your dreams.

That was sarcasm. Sorry, but I had to say that.

About no Direct happening today, then again, the VentureBeat guy, Jeff, did get the date for the Indies Direct wrong, did he not?

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
The only hope left now is that if it’s announced at 5PM EST like Animal Crossing, but to be honest I’m at my limit at this point.

Just what is going on with Nintendo? If not the coronavirus, then what’s causing the delay?

Firox

Smash Master
As I said before, there’s no reason to believe the investors haven’t already been informed of Nintendo’s plans in secret.
The plummeting stocks may suggest otherwise...

LOL Seriously though, NINTENDO?? With a PLAN?? ROFL That's like calling Jack Nicholson "sexy".

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The only hope left now is that if it’s announced at 5PM EST like Animal Crossing, but to be honest I’m at my limit at this point.

Just what is going on with Nintendo? If not the coronavirus, then what’s causing the delay?
General directs are never announced that late. It would have been 10:00 EST if it was happening.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

That is what I am wondering.

Still, if I recall correctly, Directs do tend to come out a small number of weeks after an Indies Direct happens. So don't lose hope yet.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Man, Nintendo is going to get curb stomped by Sony and Microsoft this year. The new console gen is already bad for them, but having zero new games this year on top of that. Yeesh.

Only hope left now is if they do something completely out there like a Friday direct, but that has like a 0.01% chance of happening, so...

Damn, what happened this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom