• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
ALTTPR is by far one of the greatest randomizers (that's also being updated to this day) that arguably makes the base game even better. That rush of finding the one item you've been looking for all over the place that unlocks a ton of other places just feels great and most games don't have that kind of feeling, or it's expected (in the case of ALL METROID GAMES; it's like "oh I know what I'm gonna get if I just look at my surroundings since I'm trapped"). I wish Nintendo would incorporate stuff like this into official releases.

SMRPGR isn't bad by any means; I just did a run of it recently and it was pretty nuts, it's just not nearly as thrilling as ALTTPR.

PS: There's also randomizers for Paper Mario too, but I don't think they have an "open mode" (yet?) like ALTTPR and SMRPGR do, due to key items being needed for progression.
Funny enough, I'm currently playing Zelda I Randomizer that has 45+ dungeons. My reactions so far are:

'Gee, thanks for starting me with the useless hookshot.
'Enough with the heart containers this early!'
'No, I DON'T want a Triforce piece right now.'
'Oh thank god, the hammer! Screw you, Darknuts!'

pinshadow

Smash Lord
This is one hell of a mood.

Who knows what's going on at this point. It feels like literally everyone has been wrong. It's one thing when rando's and "insiders" get stuff wrong like early February, but now actual journalists are making predictions wrong, which I guess isn't anything new but it felt different. Zhugex retweeted the original article, and Gamexplain reported on it, they don't do videos on rumors unless they seem to think it has legitimacy, and I don't think they've ever done one for something like a random direct rumor, or to try and squash it, which they didn't do here. This isn't really a ONE GUY situation.

Maybe it will be announced later today, who goddamn knows at this point.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
This is one hell of a mood.

Who knows what's going on at this point. It feels like literally everyone has been wrong. It's one thing when rando's and "insiders" get stuff wrong like early February, but now actual journalists are making predictions wrong, which I guess isn't anything new but it felt different. Zhugex retweeted the original article, and Gamexplain reported on it, they don't do videos on rumors unless they seem to think it has legitimacy, and I don't think they've ever done one for something like a random direct rumor, or to try and squash it, which they didn't do here. This isn't really a ONE GUY situation.

Even SpawnWave, who has his friend Direct Feed games, who is often painfully right about things, posted his Direct Predictions this week. ANNNDDDDD no Direct.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Nintendo knows that there is still a market for physical media.
Oh I know and I wasn't saying they should ditch physical, but just saying they could sell games sooner as digital only for a bit if they have low stock of physical, if the virus is causing that bad of a delay just in that department.

Zelda I Randomizer
45+ dungeons.
... that sounds more like a romhack.

My reactions so far are:

'Gee, thanks for starting me with the useless hookshot.
'Enough with the heart containers this early!'
'No, I DON'T want a Triforce piece right now.'
'Oh thank god, the hammer! Screw you, Darknuts!'
Yeah you're gonna get a lot of trash, but that makes the good chests that much more exciting. Idk about Zelda 1 (you sure you're playing Zelda 1? It didn't even have a hammer nor hookshot) but every single ALTTPR run I've done was exciting at some point. If it wasn't enough, try a Keysanity or Inverted run, or a Keysanity Inverted run!

Pretty much. I don't think anyone was "wrong", Nintendo's just being Nintendo. A ton of those people got everything else right, just not the gen direct.
At this point, it's starting to feel deliberate by Nintendo.

But like, why? It's currently 3:20AM over in Japan, so unless they wanna announce a direct on the same day they're gonna host it (announce early AM, show it off very late that night), I just don't see it happening.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yeah, it sure smells shortages on Switch or why else would they lie on such a high price. Yeah, I smell the COVID problem more and more when it comes to the direct

Attachments

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yeah, it sure smells shortages on Switch or why else would they lie on such a high price. Yeah, I smell the COVID problem more and more when it comes to the direct
Manufacturing issues in China due to COVID != Editing/Voiceover issues in not China due to COVID. One you absolutely 100% must go to where the physical things are being created to create more, and the other can absolutely all be done from homes with data and info sent across software/a cloud service.

I'm not saying the Direct isn't being delayed because of the virus (I really don't know what it is at this point), but these two things aren't automatically related.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Manufacturing issues in China due to COVID != Editing/Voiceover issues in not China due to COVID. One you absolutely 100% must go to where the physical things are being created to create more, and the other can absolutely all be done from homes with data and info sent across software/a cloud service.

I'm not saying the Direct isn't being delayed because of the virus (I really don't know what it is at this point), but these two things aren't automatically related.
If Nintendo truly has this bonkers year that Fatman claims. Don¨t you think that Nintendo wants copies of Nintendo Switch ready for the sake of "day one buyers"? Edit - With that I mean, maybe they wait until they have the manufacturing rolling well enough?

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
... that sounds more like a romhack.

Yeah you're gonna get a lot of trash, but that makes the good chests that much more exciting. Idk about Zelda 1 (you sure you're playing Zelda 1? It didn't even have a hammer nor hookshot) but every single ALTTPR run I've done was exciting at some point. If it wasn't enough, try a Keysanity or Inverted run, or a Keysanity Inverted run!
It's a combination of the first and second quests of Zelda I and fanbase 3rd/4th/5th quests built from the original quests. Every square on the map has an entrance to something. They added future series items like the hammer and hookshot that are just for offense, no field obstacle usage. The hookshot can stun Wizzrobes and the hammer breaks Darknut shields. The 8 triforce pieces are found somewhere in the 40 dungeons (levels 1 to 8 for 5 quests) and then 5 level 9s with a Zelda in one of them. Even the swords are randomized in location, so you may have to depend on the candle or the wand for offense.

Speaking of this, how would a SMRPG Randomizer work? Switch the boss positions? Make the world open at the start? Hide the star pieces in random chests, like the green star in the sewers instead of the forest?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If Nintendo truly has this bonkers year that Fatman claims. Don¨t you think that Nintendo wants copies of Nintendo Switch ready for the sake of "day one buyers"? Edit - With that I mean, they wait until they have the manufacturing rolling well enough?
Sure, but you can't have a "bonkers year" starting in April. The year's already a quarter over and you have nothing to show for it but ONE game, and a new DLC season pass for another that hasn't been talked about at all.

Speaking of this, how would a SMRPG Randomizer work? Switch the boss positions? Make the world open at the start? Hide the star pieces in random chests, like the green star in the sewers instead of the forest?
The world's open right away. You can start with 1-3 party members right away (I started with 1) and the others are randomly found. Peach was in Mushroom Way, taking the place of Toad and I got her back after the Hammer Bros (who I don't think were the hammer bros). Star Pieces were randomly found off bosses (I think the "Hammer Bros" location had one too as well as Peach). Stats of each character were random. Spells and FP costs were too. Gear was completely random with random stats, effects, immunities, etc (all stats and effects are also shown in the descrip). Stores were also random, some selling equips and some not. I also couldn't find Pick-Me-Ups ANYWHERE, it was nuts.

While I personally had the randomness cranked up to near-maximum, there were a ton of dials and knobs to adjust, as well as turning things on/off.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sure, but you can't have a "bonkers year" starting in April. The year's already a quarter over and you have nothing to show for it but ONE game, and a new DLC season pass for another that hasn't been talked about at all.

True, but it still does not change the fact that there are factors to take in mind that could indicate towards COVID19 halting everything for them (and not just the direct and work on the DLC fighters) but there is also the chance that someone that has fooled pretty much every leaker out there, when they have nothing for this year, or what I would call the worst-case scenario, a combination of scenario one and two.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, who thinks the Direct might be on the second week of April?

Anyways, I don't think they should do Nintendo Directs anymore, with the droughts that happen between them, and they should just start revealing things without the Directs. Sure, this opinion may seem controversial, but that is what I think.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So, who thinks the Direct might be on the second week of April?

Anyways, I don't think they should do Nintendo Directs anymore, with the droughts that happen between them, and they should just start revealing things without the Directs. Sure, this opinion may seem controversial, but that is what I think.
I'm gonna be honest, I'm thinking E3/Summer

They've waited this long, by the time April comes we'll be that much closer to June; so why bother?

domriver

Smash Lord
No Announcement for Nintendo Direct......
*pulls Goal Post out of mark "3/26/2020" *
walks to Next Goal Post marked " 4/2/2020* - puts the goal post in place -

Ok all done. See yall 4/1. LOL

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No Announcement for Nintendo Direct......
*pulls Goal Post out of mark "3/26/2020" *
walks to Next Goal Post marked " 4/2/2020* - puts the goal post in place -

Ok all done. See yall 4/1. LOL
Yeah, we'll see you there where more disappointment comes.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Does anyone know when the next Amiibo wave comes out? I ask because a Direct always airs or least the next Smash character is announced on the same week.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I cracked a joke I think in December that if the Direct wasn't in January then it would be in April based on past patterns and, holy hell, I regret everything now...
That's it, I'm stealing the ass kicker express and using it on you.

Can we get #blamefatman trending worldwide??

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo truly has this bonkers year that Fatman claims. Don¨t you think that Nintendo wants copies of Nintendo Switch ready for the sake of "day one buyers"? Edit - With that I mean, maybe they wait until they have the manufacturing rolling well enough?
I don't mean this to be rude, but as a long-time lurker in this thread I really don't understand why everyone attributes credibility to Fatman? Seems like a perfectly nice guy but after months and months of lurking in this thread I have basically not seen a single claim of Fatman's come to fruition. A lot of very vague statements that are attributed to announcements after-the-fact, a lot of speculation, a lot of "I heard some stuff but I can't tell you but it sure is great!", a lot of "yeah I heard about that" after games are already revealed. Basically no actual concrete information that was called out in clear terms before it was revealed.

If he has a track-record of clear and objective call-outs that he or someone else can point me to I'd certainly be interested in hearing it out but tbh I've kind of just been glossing over his "intel" for months and have been all-the-better on speculation for it.

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I predict that the direct will be in 4/20 and the internet will have a field day.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't mean this to be rude, but as a long-time lurker in this thread I really don't understand why everyone attributes credibility to Fatman? Seems like a perfectly nice guy but after months and months of lurking in this thread I have basically not seen a single claim of Fatman's come to fruition. A lot of very vague statements that are attributed to announcements after-the-fact, a lot of speculation, a lot of "I heard some stuff but I can't tell you but it sure is great!", a lot of "yeah I heard about that" after games are already revealed. Basically no actual concrete information that was called out in clear terms before it was revealed.

If he has a track-record of clear and objective call-outs that he or someone else can point me to I'd certainly be interested in hearing it out but tbh I've kind of just been glossing over his "intel" for months and have been all-the-better on speculation for it.
My approach is very frustrating because I don't leak things and I only openly talk about things if other people have. I do share things with my confidants in private but, especially now that people are genuinely fearful of losing their jobs, I don't put everything out there in order to protect the people that share stuff with me. I'm not super concerned with my e-cred either because, for a number of things, I think the surprise for respective fanbases far outweighs the potential fame of outright spoiling major things.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I cracked a joke I think in December that if the Direct wasn't in January then it would be in April based on past patterns and, holy hell, I regret everything now...
YOU'VE CURSED US ALL, YOU DAMN FOOL! REPENT FOR YOUR SINS!
GenoGun.png

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Plus, on the topic of why I'm vague, I reeeeeally don't feel like having Nintendo going candiru on me especially in the light of numerous examples of Nintendo assblasting people for literally one time offenses or the oh-so-many stories of acquaintances I've made since November 2018 of "oh ****, I accidentally said too much and now my sources' supervisors are grilling them on a daily basis and the source is freaking out because they have no idea how far the information has spread."

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Let's just hope amiibo theory holds up for next month and we get a Direct then
At this point, the direct better be like a week or less before the release date (not reveal) of DLC 6. >:| (likely with a Sakurai video following the direct right after)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ignoritus Ignoritus Also, I seem to do this every month but I'll do it again. Here are some sample receipts of me knowing about certain things in advance:

-Knowing about Banjo:

https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...h-geno-in-smash.446378/page-905#post-23244286

-Knowing about Season 2:

https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...-geno-in-smash.446378/page-1359#post-23522908

-Knowing about a "trolly" Tuesday announcement in November (Resident Evil was deconfirmed via spirit event):

https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...-geno-in-smash.446378/page-1810#post-23679839

-Hearing about Cuphead as a "rejected" character:

https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...-geno-in-smash.446378/page-2106#post-23748430

-Knowing Season 2 would be 6 characters back in December:

https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...-geno-in-smash.446378/page-2134#post-23756937

-Knowing about the Three Houses spirit board

https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...-geno-in-smash.446378/page-2232#post-23779885

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be honest, I'm thinking E3/Summer

They've waited this long, by the time April comes we'll be that much closer to June; so why bother?
Well, Smash 4 had a Smash Direct in April that revealed Charizard and Greninja, as well as many other Smash news. Then 2 months later at E3 they showed Miis, Palutena and Pac Man.

So they could reveal number 6 in April and 7 at E3.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Most of these links only really support my stance.
They're almost all vague to the point of uselessness and several of them are things that were widely speculated already or were framed in such a way that they certainly weren't clear statements of "I have information" until afterwards.

To be clear I don't think you're doing anything malignant here and I don't mean this as an attack on you. Your reasoning for not wanting to be any more clear or forthright is fair, and I'm not faulting you for giving any information you have to a degree you're comfortable with. What I am questioning is why there seems to be such an agreement to pay close attention to the information you're giving and shape speculation around it when you do also have a fair track record of incorrect claims and when you do get things right it it's always vague or unprovable to the point of not contributing anything to the speculation in the moment (ie the Banjo "prediction", saying "two indies were shot down").

People can look to whatever sources they want when speculating, I'm just genuinely confused why this thread is so quick to constantly smack down various leaks and rumors as dis-credible or too vague yet I constantly see speculation calling back to your statements which don't really have a spotless track record and tend to be open-ended enough to leave a ton of possible interpretations.

Last edited:

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
whenever the direct is release all is left are speculations

The direct could launch 4/1/20 or ( Around May )
High hopes for its launch in this current week are dubitably siren to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom