• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
One good thing we know we can look forward to is for all the bickering and ****-slinging around the Grinch leak to end. Then the Smash community can look forward to going back to its usual non-leak oriented bickering and ****-slinging! :awesome:

But seriously I am excited (and nervous) about this direct!

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
*Logs into Twitter, is greeted with a Nintendo Direct announcement for the 1st of November*

So it begins...

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Me: no fears.

Insiders: one of the characters from the leak is actually an AT.

Me: one fear.

I really hope it's not Geno :(

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Geno bros. Me. You. And even Banjo bros. All of our dreams align. We have to pull through. Here's hoping we ALL get in.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Since this Direct is 40 minutes. I think that's plenty of time to reveal 7 characters. In the August Direct we got 5. 3 of them echoes. So 2 echoes and 5 fighters is possible. Plus the mystery mode and other stuff.

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
Holy **** it's this Thursday! Geno has to happen! This Thursday, Nov. 1st, I had an exam scheduled at the time the direct is scheduled, but something happened at my University which pushed everything back a week, so now that exam is Nov. 8th, so I can actually watch the direct! I'm so excited and nervous!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You guys have been waiting since Brawl to get your Star Warrior. May he face off Isaac in the field of battle.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Since this Direct is 40 minutes. I think that's plenty of time to reveal 7 characters. In the August Direct we got 5. 3 of them echoes. So 2 echoes and 5 fighters is possible. Plus the mystery mode and other stuff.
That and there's supposed to be Treehouse presentation going on after the direct, so maybe a reveal or two will happen there.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Isaac fan here. Godspeed Genobros! I think it’s time for our guys to finally make it!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We in this!
it's all coming to this, 2 days :D

godspeed indeed genofriends :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Aside from Ken, Geno's the only Grinch character in the last 24 hours that hasn't been suggested by some random insider to either be an assist trophy or totally not in the game at all. Like my grandpa used to say "I don't whether to laugh, cry, or **** my pants."

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Greetings Geno allies from the Isaac buddies. Rooting for you guys hardcore, wished upon a star and everything. Hope we get back to back reveals for our favorite RPG reps!!!

coolcat12347

Smash Journeyman
Guys, just thinking about Sakurai saying something along the lines of
"From Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Geno descends from the stars to grant this long awaited wish."
Fills me with joy

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Something for ya'll from Chorus Boys-thread:

I have to yet really get to know Geno since being a long-time Toad-supporter, but I've been hearing a lot about your long waiting and campaigning for quite a while now.

Hopefully your long-awaited wish comes true around Thursday.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Good luck on thursday Genobros. If there's any Smash game to get him as a playable fighter, it's this one.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
40 minutes is really promising for team Grinch

That's longer than 50 fact extravaganza and the first one was a little short with 26ish minutes I believe and we got 5

And the greatest thing of them all that happened

Rip box theory

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
ten year geno supporter. add me to the list genbros

domriver

Smash Lord
This. If Sakurai only reveals two characters in 40 minutes, one being an echo, he'll unequivocally be the biggest troll of all time.
Agreed. 40 minutes and 1 newcomer? and 1 echo. Sounds to me like the banner leak just very well may be real after all. Good thing we will find out this thursday. Also Now if Sakurai wanted to end with a blast those 7 will just do it. He will give all of us heart attacks/ high blood pressure etc... LOL.

BREAKING NEWS***
NINTENDO FANS ALL OVER THE WORLD ARE SUFFERING FROM TO MUCH EXCITEMENT. lol

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Hi Geno Bros! Coming from the Isaac thread to wish you the best of fortunes for this direct, I am on team real so I think the stars are aligning for Geno to come back home! The wait is almost over guys, hope we meet on the other side ~

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
It's surreal to think we may be less than 48 hours from seeing Geno in Smash. A majority of my life, wanting Geno in Smash. All leading up to this.

Thursday is going to be crazy!

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
alright, genoboys.
let's stand in a circle, hold hands, and pray.
and then get the booze ready if it doesn't happen. we can still drink it if it does, but, like, it's basically mandatory if it doesn't.

link2702

Smash Champion
So in order to try and control our hype a bit, how’s about discussing something mrpg related?

What’s the strangest glitch you ever encountered in smrpg? For me it’d have to be when i was younger and going through maybe my second play through of the game as a kid...in the battle against bowyer iirc, for whatever reason when a character got hit, they faced the opposite direction of the battle. To this day idk what happened, and it corrected itself soon as it came to that characters turn to attack.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
The Geno struggle that lasted for more than a decade could end two days from now. Oh the feels would be great, I look forward to seeing Geno's trailer.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Sup Geno bros?

Just here to wish you all luck!

I know before this leak happened, I’ve doubted Geno and that he was a very overrated pick getting before many other important characters.

But it’s selfish of me to not realize how much he truly means to you all, if he really is that popular then there must be a reason.

I’ve finally warmed up to him because I guess it shows no matter obstacles a character has, they’re most beloved by the fans who grew up with the game and even the director taking interest.

Hope you all get your wish granted!

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. Not sure if I have posted here before.

I’m from the Banjo thread.

Just wanna say good luck to you guys. I think Geno, Isaac, and Banjo have a very similar aesthetic to their fans, and so I have always felt like Isaac and Geno fans were relatable in these threads even though I did not grow up playing either games for them (tragically).

I know we all want that leak to be true, so we will see on November 1st.

Best of luck.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Hey guys. Not sure if I have posted here before.

I’m from the Banjo thread.

Just wanna say good luck to you guys. I think Geno, Isaac, and Banjo have a very similar aesthetic to their fans, and so I have always felt like Isaac and Geno fans were relatable in these threads even though I did not grow up playing either games for them (tragically).

I know we all want that leak to be true, so we will see on November 1st.

Best of luck.
Best of luck to Banjo too. I haven't played any of the BK games yet (but they're on my list), but it's no wonder why the bear and bird were such icons for the N64. They definitely deserve a spot in this game, and they look like they'll have a fun moveset too. Here's hoping this plays out well for all of us.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
tenor (4).gif

It's been over a decade for some of us, and it's coming down to this. Hang in there just a little bit longer!

Oh and PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate make sure I'm on the supporter list before the reveal :p

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It really has been a long time for Geno and Isaac fans.
This is the culmination. Time to see if sakurai made somethnig with the dreams :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom