• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I just don’t see how Chief is anymore likely than Steve is save for what Fatman heard probably coming true.

Master Chief is certainly big, and there is the rumor of the MCC coming to the Switch, but Steve is used as a mascot as well sometimes alongside Banjo & Kazooie, and he’s very popular in Japan. I don’t think either is more-likely than the other, though, I’m just sayin’.

But gosh, I hope it’s Steve. I can wait until next game...but the jerks crapping on Steve fans are going to be frickin annoying. I just want him in already. Just as some of y’all don’t think Steve is cool and think he’s boring, I don’t give a crap about Chief and just want my favorite block dude to be in Smash with my favorite duo from Rare, and everyone throwing Steve under the bus like “Chief is in and Steve will be a costume, nothing more! I don’t care about Steve but you Steve fans will happily take a costume, right?” are annoying as heck; sure, I’d take a costume over nothing, and maybe Chief would be fun/cool, but gosh I just wish that people would stop acting condescending to Steve fans by pushing that dang costume idea (some would still take a costume at least, like me, but non-Steve fans aren’t making it sound nice), that the Grotesque Steve trolls would disappear, and all the people complaining about Steve to Steve fans’ faces would shut up.
I have no stake in the race when it comes too "Chief vs Steve". I'm just stating what my guts are saying. If I'm wrong I'm happy for you. And this is comming from someone that hates the grotesque steve group with a passion

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
If Geno came with another DK style reveal, which character would be the "Fake out" troll? You know how D3 was Krool and Duck Hunt was BK? Who would make a good Geno silhouette?
Sans undertale

AugustusB

Smash Champion
If Geno came with another DK style reveal, which character would be the "Fake out" troll? You know how D3 was Krool and Duck Hunt was BK? Who would make a good Geno silhouette?
Mii Gunner...The only option.

EDIT: Or Megaman for s**** and giggles!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To entertain Cacomallow again, we know Square is a huge stickler for keeping Square stuff with Square stuff so... what if... We actually have a potential solution to this problem? What if Cacodemon was never going to be one of Geno's Mii costumes but one of Crash's? Bethesda and Activision are both big Western developers so Cacodemon being one of Crash's would make a lot more sense than any of the other characters I proposed.

Timeline wise, this potentially makes sense. All the Tales stuff started last September which, coincidentally, has been the month of the Fall Directs for the last three years. Again, if we entertain this idea of about a year wait from decision to announcement, this makes sense. Geno and Crash stuff started popping up around E3 last year, after all. The Master Chief rumors got really heavy in December and Dante literally this past month. These weren't the first time these characters were heard but when their rumors were the most prevalent and in your face. It's definitely something to consider.

Firox

Smash Master
To entertain Cacomallow again, we know Square is a huge stickler for keeping Square stuff with Square stuff so... what if... We actually have a potential solution to this problem? What if Cacodemon was never going to be one of Geno's Mii costumes but one of Crash's? Bethesda and Activision are both big Western developers so Cacodemon being one of Crash's would make a lot more sense than any of the other characters I proposed.

Timeline wise, this potentially makes sense. All the Tales stuff started last September which, coincidentally, has been the month of the Fall Directs for the last three years. Again, if we entertain this idea of about a year wait from decision to announcement, this makes sense. Geno and Crash stuff started popping up around E3 last year, after all. The Master Chief rumors got really heavy in December and Dante literally this past month. These weren't the first time these characters were heard but when their rumors were the most prevalent and in your face. It's definitely something to consider.
Actually, the death of Doomslayer would make a lot of sense too if the Master Chief rumors ended up true. As much as people would argue it, there are a lot of thematic and aesthetic similarities between the two of them that probably would have turned Sakurai off from having both of them in the same fighters pass.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Mega Man has the most similar build, I feel. But I could also see Samus with her gun or maybe Lucas with his hair?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still hope my old ass theory of Geno's trailer being a continuation of Ridley's winds up being true. Geno was paired with Megaman and Samus in his Mii costume trailer so it all coming full circle after 5 1/2 years would be poetic justice.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
If Geno and / or Waluigi come to Smash I hope either of their trailers have a Piranha Plant troll like they did with King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Qualitatively speaking, it would make more sense to have a fully detailed Master Chief with a premium Steve Mii Costume than to have the much lower resolution block man accompanied by a marginal-looking Master Chief costume. In that sense, Microsoft could effectively have BOTH characters get into Smash while giving appropriate justice to their appearances. Frankly, I think having both characters come together at the same time could only amplify the general hype.
Oh, in my opinion, I am on the same page here. I think this is the best way to "get both in."

I was just mentioning that if Steve was chosen over Master Chief, that the Chief Helmet could still end up being a Mii "hat." I should have used "hat" over "costume." But, yes, I am with you on that.

Steve isn’t just an avatar. He may not have an officially-defined personality save for some preferences that differ between him and Alex, but he’s still used as a full-on character in merch, some official videos, sometimes tweets, some News articles on the official website, and in a lot of art on the official Instagram. He has also crossed over with other games.
I haven't had a chance to play much Minecraft. Played it for maybe an hour once with a friend of mine's son. He was all into it. I honestly don't know much about Steve. I guess I assumed he is as much of an avatar character as Byleth or the other Fire Emblem characters are. I'll check out some things on him.

anyway,
Not mine.
Dude! I love that!

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
If Geno's trailer is a continuation of the originals, I think they'd use Ridley's instead of the KRool/Banjo so that Geno can save Mega Man, Mario, and Samus :D

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I think Cacodemon is still possible as a Mii costume but I haven't ever really been a strong believer
Bringing this up against people who say "spirits deconfirm" be like:

View attachment 260283
No one has ever used this as an argument for Spirits deconfirming. Find me one example of “GENO CANT BE IN BECAUSE THE SPIRIT HAS HIS NAME ALREADY!”. The fact that we have two Roys already playable should pretty much give away that this was never an entry barrier.

This doesn’t change the fact that

1. All Vol 1 characters lacked a base Spirit.
2. All Vol 1 characters were completely MIA in any capacity before their reveal, including Byleth who conveniently didn’t get a Spirit event.
3. Taking this into account, Vol 2 has been confirmed to have the same content as Vol 1 (Spirit board, Music, Stage)
4. All of the newcomer picks spanning to 4 have been either third party or shill picks. Those have been the main options to have been missing Spirits.

This really doesn’t change as much as you think it does.

link2702

Smash Champion
After playing them a bit, Byleth has absolutely nothing that seems unique about them. What I mean is everything about their moveset has a very “been there, done that” feel to them.

I bring this up because...I’m absolutely 100% convinced byleth was originally a fp2 character, and was quickly swapped to be the final of fp1. It might also explain why everything about them feels so thrown together from stuff other characters already have, they were probably still in testing phase and sakurai just quickly threw together what would “work” to swap them with the original fp2 character. The only question is who and why they swapped them?

It also kinda sucks cuz I feel like sakurai might have actually wanted byleth to have a true weapon swap mechanic, but couldn’t fully implement it due to the switching to final fp1 character.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
No one has ever used this as an argument for Spirits deconfirming. Find me one example of “GENO CANT BE IN BECAUSE THE SPIRIT HAS HIS NAME ALREADY!”. The fact that we have two Roys already playable should pretty much give away that this was never an entry barrier.

2. All Vol 1 characters were completely MIA in any capacity before their reveal, including Byleth who conveniently didn’t get a Spirit event.
3. Taking this into account, Vol 2 has been confirmed to have the same content as Vol 1 (Spirit board, Music, Stage)
4. All of the newcomer picks spanning to 4 have been either third party or shill picks. Those have been the main options to have been missing Spirits.

Hold up there buckaroo, i can't seem to remember that well, but wasn't Verge and Sabi both wrong? I'm just bringing this up, because if i recall, you didn't mention by any chance that you'd do something, like for example,
DELETING YOU ACCOUNT?!?!
dab.PNG

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I think before we really start calling shots we should wait for dlc fighter 6 to release, because it'll tell us a couple things...

If they expand on the Spirit Board, it may be harder for fighters that have series already in smash that have characters added. For example- Oh boy I really want Bandana Dee! The spirit board just has generic enemies? If they continue on the spirit board newer games or new series entirely will take the forefront.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How was your time off?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Hold up there buckaroo, i can't seem to remember that well, but wasn't Verge and Sabi both wrong? I'm just bringing this up, because if i recall, you didn't mention by any chance that you'd do something, like for example,
DELETING YOU ACCOUNT?!?!
View attachment 260394
They weren’t. If anything, they were proven to be even more credible, lol.

Especially since Verge leaked the Mii Costumes minutes before their reveal.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

A pattern is not a rule until the person who makes the rules explicitly states it so. We can guess it might be all we like, but we won't know until the end. Fact is, just because vol 2 has the same format as vol 1, that doesn't mean by any stretch of logic that we know objectively what it's gonna look like.

The spirit names aren't what's important, what's important is it shows the devs are perfectly willing to go in and make alterations to spirits as the game updates.

OffBi

Smash Ace

VERGE SPECIFICALLY SAID NO NINTENDO, YOUR TIME HERE IS OVER, NOW DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Spirits may have also been decided while Vol. 1 was in planning/being worked on, while Vol. 2’s stuff was most-certainly afterward. We don’t think there will be many upgrades, maybe one or two at most with Geno being one of them, but still.

And Geno can bring just as much new stuff as Byleth did.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I know there's a number of Meme Masters here and today's conversations have painted a picture that the Dunk of the Decade ™ could be more insane than we possibly could have imagined. If someone could be so kind, could someone find a high quality of this template and slap a Geno hat on him?

download.jpeg

-Geno in Smash.
-Geno as 77.
-Geno at E3.
-Geno at E3 2020 with Crash Bandicoot.

Shadow__Myth

Smash Cadet

They aren't not going to pick Geno just because SMRPG already has 2 spirits in the game. There's plenty of other spirits from SMRPG they can pick to fill out a spirit board.

Sure, 4 of the characters in FP1 were not from Nintendo owned series. But remember that Banjo was in FP1, and he was chosen primarily off of fan demand, which Geno definitely has. Since FP2 will most definitely have another fan pick like Banjo, Geno stands a really good chance.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
The way I look at it the dream for Geno ain't dead until we get a mii costume. Hopefully we don't get another spinoff character and they throw in the mii costume then, or during some square enix character they show it off... Honestly if the mii costume looked as good as Sans and Cuphead it wouldn't be so bad.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

Hey I remember you. You're that non-stop antagonizing the Geno Thread guy. If you have nothing to say about Geno in particular why are you here?

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Haven't you been pushing the idea that they wouldn't put in a Spirit because "well Spirits have a gameplay purpose"? And none of those mean as much as you think they do either. I feel like I've addressed all of these already but I will again.

1. and 2. Because they were planned from before the game even released, how many times do we need to go over this? Piranah Plant didn't have a spirit because they were planned as DLC (and base game but whatever), Three Houses didn't get an event because they were planned as DLC. The base game spirits were there because they weren't planned as DLC, and they originally only planned for the Pass and nothing else.
3. This means anything how? I get how you can apply this to certain characters (*COUGH*Waluigi*COUGH*) but there's nothing stopping most characters from having more than enough content to come with.
4.So what? Broad patterns like this are really goddamn silly. K.Rool can't get in, every pick in Smash 4 was a relevancy pick! Joker can't get in, you have to have a main game on a Nintendo console! Banjo can't get in, there's no western third parties in Smash! Character 5 has to be third party, every other pick on the pass was!

The argument here isn't that a Spirit is getting upgraded, just that it's possible.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
VERGE SPECIFICALLY SAID NO NINTENDO, YOUR TIME HERE IS OVER, NOW DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT
All you have to do is post a link or screenshot of Verge's statement and it's bye bye Nessy.

Hey I remember you. You're that non-stop antagonizing the Geno Thread guy. If you have nothing to say about Geno in particular why are you here?
Cuz some people got no place else to go. LOL

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
The Crash/Mii Costume thing is interesting. You wouldn't think that Geno, Mallow and Smithy costumes wouldnt be lumped into the Crash pack...do you?

Also, I'd prefer if we didn't entertain discussion on Sabi or Vergeben. It's distracting and will often bring over GameFAQs filth.

Welcome back, Ouma

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

Honestly, I don't understand. You spend so many months (maybe years) ****ting on a fighter so many people want and for what? When he's in, are you gonna look back on this and say "Yeah, I used my time for absolutely nothing and I'm proud of myself." You would've wasted months of energy for no gain, it would all be worth nothing in the end. At least the regulars here can say they used their time constructively and made new friends even if Geno isn't in, but you don't seem to enjoy yourself at all here, you do nothing but spew hate and anger. You've wasted so much valuable time you'll never see come back, you're not going to look back on this fondly, you'll probably have regret about this if anything. We ended up being the ones who had fun, you'll just find yourself getting nothing out of many months of time wasting.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Haven't you been pushing the idea that they wouldn't put in a Spirit because "well Spirits have a gameplay purpose"? And none of those mean as much as you think they do either. I feel like I've addressed all of these already but I will again.

1. and 2. Because they were planned from before the game even released, how many times do we need to go over this? Piranah Plant didn't have a spirit because they were planned as DLC (and base game but whatever), Three Houses didn't get an event because they were planned as DLC. The base game spirits were there because they weren't planned as DLC, and they originally only planned for the Pass and nothing else.
3. This means anything how? I get how you can apply this to certain characters (*COUGH*Waluigi*COUGH*) but there's nothing stopping most characters from having more than enough content to come with.
4.So what? Broad patterns like this are really goddamn silly. K.Rool can't get in, every pick in Smash 4 was a relevancy pick! Joker can't get in, you have to have a main game on a Nintendo console! Banjo can't get in, there's no western third parties in Smash! Character 5 has to be first party, every other pick on the pass was!

The argument here isn't that a Spirit is getting upgraded, just that it's possible.
Funny how you use this as an argument for “fanrules can be broken!”, but Fatman has used this already debunked argument to try and discredit Sora and 2Bs chances.

Shadow__Myth

Smash Cadet
I don't know why the Verge talk is even relevant. Has he said anything in regards to Geno? As far as I know, he hasn't made any statement on the next fighter's pass, so Geno's in a pretty good place. There's a lot pointing towards him being added, so I'm gonna remain hopeful up until the moment he's confirmed or deconfirmed.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Funny how you use this as an argument for “fanrules can be broken!”, but Fatman has used this already debunked argument to try and discredit Sora and 2Bs chances.
How is that relevant at all? Pinshadow is not fatman.

As an added bonus, fatman's stance on Sora is not even the topic of discussion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom