• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Ladies and gents, as most of us here are very eager to see Geno make it into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and as confident as we may feel at the moment in regards to his chances, I'd like to ask that we take a moment to contemplate and acknowledge Mr. Sakurai and Company's (the Bandai Namco Staff, Nintendo, Sora Ltd., etc.) masterpiece. We have with us a game that reunites some (if not most) of video gaming history's most iconic characters in one game in which they test their strength and wits in a fighting format that does not dictate a match by a fixed health bar; giving each character that chance to turn the tables in an instant. A game that in addition to reuniting such a cast of fighters, it also brings together a vast number of worlds (stages) that we can also appreciate (competitive viability aside). Oh, and the music... THE MUSIC! This game's soundtrack is massive; recollecting classic original tunes, as well as remixes of famous tracks. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate truly is a game to marvel at, and to be grateful for.

On the note of dream picks and characters we wish to see as playable fighters in the game, just as we desire to see our boy Geno make it in, it's a wonderful thing to see other players root passionately (appropriately) and wholeheartedly for each of their own choices. These choices, despite what our opinions may be on them, should be respected just as much as we wish for ours to be as well. I strongly believe that Super Smash Bros., in this Ultimate iteration is a franchise that can bring people together. Sure, it's a fighting/party game, but in the purest form of competitive play is where strong bonds can be created. And it doesn't only limit itself to that form of interaction, but also sharing one's passion over certain characters or game franchises that are in the game, whether as commentators or simply fans, is another way in which said strong bonds can flourish.

Besides Geno, I root as well for Doom Slayer, for Dante, for Crash Bandicoot, Valkyrie, Goemon, Adol, Arle Nadja, KOS-MOS, Lara Croft, Heihachi, among other characters. I acknowledge each of their franchises and origins and know that they too each have their own fans rooting for them, and that is truly a wonderful thing. Just wanted to drop a bit of wholesomeness to the thread, and wish you all a great day and weekend. :):seuss:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I don't if anyone's ever seen the Youtube channel Red but he's recently made videos about Dragonborn, Waluigi, and even says he'll talk about Geno soon. Three of the characters Fatmanonice has mentioned as possible future DLC.

Now this might not mean anything but he might have a good feeling that they are coming as well. Or just know something himself.

Pretty cool channel though does a good job pointing things out on both videos.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Po9HBAjFDE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BhluopdFPgg&t=923s

Hope it's okay if I post these here if not then I'll edit these out.
Red's video on Waluigi is seriously a good watch and very informative. I might just be biased but I think it does a good job of explaining the weird occurences with the Paraleak and Paragon's past. I considered posting it here but it is a bit too unrelated to Geno.

D

Deleted member

Red's video on Waluigi is seriously a good watch and very informative. I might just be biased but I think it does a good job of explaining the weird occurences with the Paraleak and Paragon's past. I considered posting it here but it is a bit too unrelated to Geno.
Yeah your right when he posts about Geno I could post it here if people are interested. But of course he's not covering the star boy himself. So yeah will try to keep most of that stuff out of here for the future his channel is there if people. Want to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It was very informative indeed. The fact that Paragon knew such detailed stuff beforehand like:

- Hero being the default name for Luminary

- Banjo & Kazooie's reveal trailer being a repeat of K. Rool's referencing the Duck Hunt Echo meme and K. Rool falling into the hole at the end like Gruntilda

- Undertale music being in the game in some form

It's so crazy I don't think the Paragon leak is a coincidence anymore after watching Red's video. I think Waluigi could actually be #75.

Edit: Oh let's not forget his contect also knew that Joker was coming on the April the 17th.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Honestly, this is how I go about things. It may or may not pan out, just keep as neutral as possible with whatever outcome. (Though I feel pretty confident about Geno and others, but eh.)

Also, text is a hard emotion to grasp through the web. So it gets tricky when you have that mind set, but someone sees it as something entirely different. It's all good friend.
Hopefully I bear no ill feeling toward anyone here. Sorry I kinda blew up there
You, random person on the internet, are too immature to handle disappointment, so we'll handle it by attempting to manage your expectations for you.".
Thats not close to what I was saying, heck, I even tell myself that when it comes characters I want, Layton, Sora, ect. I just dont want people to feel how I felt when I thought the same thing and Layton never showed up. I too, was optimistic about Layton saying things like "when he gets in, its going to happen" and all that. Then it didnt and the fact I was so optimistic made it hurt even more so now I just default to, It may never happen and I never use "will" and only use "If"

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
It was very informative indeed. The fact that Paragon knew such detailed stuff beforehand like:

- Banjo & Kazooie's reveal trailer being a repeat of K. Rool's referencing the Duck Hunt Echo meme and K. Rool falling into the hole at the end like Gruntilda

It's so crazy I don't think the Paragon leak is a coincidence anymore after watching Red's video. I think Waluigi could actually be #75.

Edit: Oh let's not forget his contect also knew that Joker was coming on the April the 17th.
I agree completely. I think what Red said about the Undertale misunderstanding is 100% spot on. As he said, the music with the Mii costume was unprecedented. Since that's what seemingly breaks Paragon for people, I think people should realize that.

Also, Paragon was super humble and chill and as Red pointed out, he said to not take his leaks super seriously and have healthy skepticism. Paragon was pretty much the best leaker.

And technically Paragon's words like up with Fatmanonice's speculation since Fatman has hypothesized Waluigi will be a bonus character for a while now (because Paragon didn't say he would be #5, just last). Also, I don't think Paragon is at all discredited for not knowing Terry or Fighter #5. With the amount of stuff he got right and as chill as he was, I definitely think he was credible.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

It maybe, you know, they just happen to have gotten wrong info when it comes to Waluigi. Not everything leakers get are accurate.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It maybe, you know, they just happen to have gotten wrong info when it comes to Waluigi. Not everything leakers get are accurate.
Do you always got to be so negative? I don't think you have achieved enlightenment in any form honestly. I don't think you have a Yang to counter your Yin.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Part of me is concerned over Waluigi as well because I can't see two Mario characters co-existing with how many remaining spots are left. I'd like to see Geno before I see Waluigi.

20+ years of wanting to see a character come back completely out weighs 6 months of memes and death threats.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
My YouTube channel is pretty tame:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UClbGG4bakDbfwO94ZNm6ydA

The only main thing of interest on it is my massive Halloween music playlist:

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA41C9466822C48C3
My man, your classical music list is pretty great! As someone who studied music, sings and conducts, may I give you a couple of recommendations? I know these are some composers that you would enjoy.
-Gustav Mahler (Hands down, the best late 19th Century Romantic Composer), Symphony 2,5 and 8 are a must.
-Erich Korngold (Opera's are wonderful) Die Tote Stadt.
-Maurice Durufle's Requiem
-Gabriel Faure's Requiem
-Arvo Pärt's Spiegel im Spiegel

I could go on, but this is a good starting point. This goes for everyone too!

EDIT: Ehhhhh Geno good?

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Part of me is concerned over Waluigi as well because I can't see two Mario characters co-existing with how many remaining spots are left. I'd like to see Geno before I see Waluigi.
To be fair, Smash 4 got two FE characters in its DLC

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've talked to Red and Paragon a decent amount in private since November. As I've talked about a number of times, Paraleak is complicated and Paragon's full prediction was basically a piece work of info from no less than three different people. Not to dig up graves but, yes, the information was accurate but there were a number of misinterpretations from multiple people involved.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Do you always got to be so negative? I don't think you have achieved enlightenment in any form honestly. I don't think you have a Yang to counter your Yin.
It's realistic. Vergeben has gotten a lot of things right about Smash Bros and he messed up with Minecraft coming to Smash. Sabi got everything from E3 right, and not much from Smash Bros. Liam was a pretty great insider but due to misinformation he thought that Shovel Knight was going to be DLC because he was getting an Amiibo and the design documents showed him with the Smash Symbol.
People get stuff wrong from time to time, it's not that strange of an occurrence.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Thats not close to what I was saying, heck, I even tell myself that when it comes characters I want, Layton, Sora, ect. I just dont want people to feel how I felt when I thought the same thing and Layton never showed up. I too, was optimistic about Layton saying things like "when he gets in, its going to happen" and all that. Then it didnt and the fact I was so optimistic made it hurt even more so now I just default to, It may never happen and I never use "will" and only use "If"
I wasn't talking about you specifically, I know you didn't actually say that. I was just talking more in broad strokes. We've had quite a few people come into this thread telling us not to get too excited and to temper our expecations, and that's what it sounds like to me when they say that. Not that they are, of course, but it comes off that way.

To be fair to wynn728 wynn728 , Paragon did assume that an Undertale character (Frisk) would be FP4 because he had heard that Undertale music was coming to the game, and up until that point music tracks only came with fighters. Leakers do have a tendency to make assumptions after all, so I think it's fair to at the very least question it's validity. Of course, we only know that this was the case due to hindsight, perhaps Waluigi is actually coming as FP5 as he said, or perhaps he was wrong. Either way, I'd say it's good to keep it in mind.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

20+ years of wanting to see a character come back completely out weighs 6 months of memes and death threats.
Melee got 3 Zelda newcomers, Brawl got 4 Pokemon newcomers if you're counting Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon as their own characters (All of which are unique), Brawl got 3 Fire Emblem newcomers as well as Roy back. So the possibility of us getting 3 Mario newcomers in Ultimate isn't unrealistic by any means since it is Nintendo's flagship franchise.

It's realistic. Vergeben has gotten a lot of things right about Smash Bros and he messed up with Minecraft coming to Smash. Sabi got everything from E3 right, and not much from Smash Bros. Liam was a pretty great insider but due to misinformation he thought that Shovel Knight was going to be DLC because he was getting an Amiibo and the design documents showed him with the Smash Symbol.
People get stuff wrong from time to time, it's not that strange of an occurrence.
You believe in anything positive or have anything to say that's positive at all?

To be fair to wynn728 wynn728 , Paragon did assume that an Undertale character (Frisk) would be FP4 because he had heard that Undertale music was coming to the game, and up until that point music tracks only came with fighters. Leakers do have a tendency to make assumptions after all, so I think it's fair to at the very least question it's validity. Of course, we only know that this was the case due to hindsight, perhaps Waluigi is actually coming as FP5 as he said. Either way, I'd say it's good to keep it in mind.
Paragon had accessed to the Megalovania Smash remix months in advance so I think that alone completely dismisses his wrong prediction about Frisk being #74.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Melee got 3 Zelda newcomers, Brawl got 4 Pokemon newcomers if you're counting Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon as their own characters (All of which are unique), Brawl got 3 Fire Emblem newcomers as well as Roy back. So the possibility of us getting 3 Mario newcomers in Ultimate isn't unrealistic by any means since it is Nintendo's flagship franchise.

You believe in anything positive or have anything to say that's positive at all?
Regardless of if he’s positive or not, he’s still right. Leakers aren‘t 100% all the time. That’s why I stopped believing in Verge and Sabi.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
One thing that scares the absolute piss out of me is not Waluigi stealing Geno's chance as another Mario character, but the fact that he is probably has the greatest chance of any of the other rumored fighters of coming with Geno and the other Mario RPG character's Mii costumes. It never really leaves the back of my mind.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I've talked to Red and Paragon a decent amount in private since November. As I've talked about a number of times, Paraleak is complicated and Paragon's full prediction was basically a piece work of info from no less than three different people. Not to dig up graves but, yes, the information was accurate but there were a number of misinterpretations from multiple people involved.
So kinda similar to what happened with Pokémon the other day. No third Galar game, expansions, a remake = Diamond and Pearl. But actually it’s no third game, expansions = DLC and a remake = Mystery Dungeon.

That being said, I can’t think of how one could misinterpret Waluigi off the top of my head, aside from hearing “last” and assuming that meant “5th in the Fighters Pass”, and then he ends up being a bonus after the pass.

Another very just way for all this nonsense to end is Paragon ending up being right, gotta say.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This 4 soon to be 5 month waiting game is giving me a headache. I think I'm taking a 2 or 4 week break from Smashboards after the next fighter get's revealed.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Paragon had accessed to the Megalovania Smash remix months in advance so I think that alone completely dismisses his wrong prediction about Frisk being #74.
Of course, but you're missing the point. At the time, he assumed that it was for a fighter and not a costume. He's not wrong that it was for Smash, but he was wrong in his assumption. All Wynn was saying was that it's possible that he got Waluigi wrong, which is fair albeit a bit too close to begging the question.

This 4 soon to be 5 month waiting game is giving me a headache. I think I'm taking a 2 or 4 week break from Smashboards after the next fighter get's revealed.
You do you, man. Come back when you want to.

This paragon fellow. Have they also mentioned of hearing Geno?
Unfortunately no.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. Once we are revealed the next fighter (fighters possibly) we are going to probably play the waiting game again up until E3 so yeah a break is definitely good.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace

Hard disagree on your first point. Mario is Nintendo's flagship series, thsy are gonna add as many characters as they want and anyone who says "there are too many Mario characters" gotta look at the facts. Mario is the most successful video game franchise in the world (Pokémon doesn't make a lot of its money from games), so, of course Nintendo are gonna put more Mario characters in. Waluigi is owned by Nintendo and Geno by Square Enix as well.

In regards to your second point, again, I don't understand why people feel the need to marginalize Waluigi fans. I guess I'll cherry-pick the small minority of Geno fans that act immature and paint that entire community in that light. Look dude, your point is basically the "who deserves it more point," and I think that is prettttttty dumb. Waluigi has been genuinely wanted for years, not just for the 6 months of memes. Again, Waluigi's fan demand was there before, it was just vocalized louder due to memes. I think it is pretty disparaging to oversimplify Waluigi's demand while simultaneously propping up your own desire. I don't even have an attachment to Geno yet I'm here supporting him. With that being said, he IS an incredibly irrelevant character objectively speaking (0 disrespect by that statement, you guys know me). So let's not disparage character choices. I get you're a veteran here, but you've done the same thing with Sora before too and it is just pretty immature I feel. I hate people dogging on fans of characters and characters in general.

One thing that scares the absolute piss out of me is not Waluigi stealing Geno's chance as another Mario character, but the fact that he is probably has the greatest chance of any of the other rumored fighters of coming with Geno and the other Mario RPG character's Mii costumes. It never really leaves the back of my mind.
You're new here, so I don't know how into Smash speculation you've been in but... "stealing spots" is something Sakurai and many others have debunked many many times. Geno's circumstances and chances are totally separate from Waluigi's. Both characters are different and have different request histories and circumstances for them getting in. Just because they both will have a Super Mushroom Series icon doesn't mean much. Again, Sakurai has said multiple times that "slots" aren't a thing. I know people want to play 4D chess with that concept sometimes, but I'm just quoting the man himself. Not everything Sakurai does is trickery or a mind game, sometimes he just says something and it means that.

As an aside, I'm not even a massive Waluigi fan, but I feel so bad for his genuine fans. Ovaltine is super upset due to Geno fans being treated like dirt, but I think Waluigi fans have it the worst. A few select fans crossed the line at that E3 and now everyone seems to think all of his fans are like that. Or people think most of his fanbase is comprised of memers. Why can't Waluigi catch a break? Geez.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
You're new here, so I don't know how into Smash speculation you've been in but... "stealing spots" is something Sakurai and many others have debunked many many times. Geno's circumstances and chances are totally separate from Waluigi's. Both characters are different and have different request histories and circumstances for them getting in. Just because they both will have a Super Mushroom Series icon doesn't mean much. Again, Sakurai has said multiple times that "slots" aren't a thing. I know people want to play 4D chess with that concept sometimes, but I'm just quoting the man himself.
What I meant was I wasn't scared of Waluigi stealing Geno's spot, I was just scared of him being an opportunity to bring the SMRPG Mii costumes to Smash.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
You've heard about the Paragon leak, right? now get ready for the Franco leak.
(jokes aside, this is the line up i have in mind)
PicsArt_01-11-04.07.53.png

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
What I meant was I wasn't scared of Waluigi stealing Geno's spot, I was just scared of him being an opportunity to bring the SMRPG Mii costumes to Smash.
Ohhh okay, gotcha. To me, it sounded like you were speaking as the "stealing spots" thing was a possibility, but you just weren't scared of it. So I just wanted to educate you on that subject in case you didn't know.

No harm done! I just don't like people not believing Sakurai when he clearly outlines something and think he always has some trickery or mind game.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
..Don't you just hate it when you start throwing up, and then your dumb body is like 'ew, vomit', and then you start throwing up harder?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
..Don't you just hate it when you start throwing up, and then your dumb body is like 'ew, vomit', and then you start throwing up harder?
I know that feeling. I had a bad stomach virus during Christmas week last year and I was in bed for most of that week. I kept throwning up and it was so bad that I had to keep a bucket beside my bed because there was sometimes in where I couldn't make it into the bathroom in time. I used most of my sick days in that week.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Ohhh okay, gotcha. To me, it sounded like you were speaking as the "stealing spots" thing was a possibility, but you just weren't scared of it. So I just wanted to educate you on that subject in case you didn't know.

No harm done! I just don't like people not believing Sakurai when he clearly outlines something and think he always has some trickery or mind game.
Yeah lol, this ain't my first rodeo when it comes to Smash speculation. I was too young for Brawl's cycle and nearly my entire philosophy for Smash 4 was "How does this relate to bringing Mewtwo back?", but I've been very engrossed in Ultimate's cycle since it was announced.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I know that feeling. I had a bad stomach virus during Christmas week last year and I was in bed for most of that week. I kept throwning up and it was so bad that I had to keep a bucket beside my bed because there was sometimes in where I couldn't make it into the bathroom in time. I used most of my sick days in that week.
I've actually kinda been sick since November. It comes and goes, I've been to the doctor, took stuff for it and it just kinda doesn't go anywhere.

Either way, I'm gonna go be nauseous somewhere else. It'd be nice if someone leaked Geno while I was gone.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This paragon fellow. Have they also mentioned of hearing Geno?
Paragon hasn't been involved in insider stuff for awhile. Long story short: they were a speculator like me that had access to insider info and someone turned them into Nintendo for "leaking" despite "Paraleak" actually being a theory of theirs based on what they knew. Paragon got a C&D over it and caused like a solid three months of Hell for them. Now they're a confidant of several people like Papagenos and I and one of the main staff members on Papagenos Discord. He's a cool guy and incredibly level headed but he doesn't actively seek out info anymore and hasn't since E3.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah lol, this ain't my first rodeo when it comes to Smash speculation. I was too young for Brawl's cycle and nearly my entire philosophy for Smash 4 was "How does this relate to bringing Mewtwo back?", but I've been very engrossed in Ultimate's cycle since it was announced.
Lol! Same experience here buddy, same here. Melee was my first Smash and I was around 5 when I first played that. During Brawl I wasn't in the speculation community, and Smash 4 was when I first dived into speculation. I was on the Smash sub-Reddit until I joined Smashboards on September 3rd, 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom