• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffBi

Smash Ace
One thing i'm looking for is when these 2 characters get in and trigger the smash twitter, reddit, gamefaqs, 4chan, myspace, ect.
gewah.gif

(also sorry for the visual glitch i don't know why it happened like this)

Droodle

Smash Lord
I think we should just drop the Paragon leak discussion, because while it did get a lot right; it also wasn't a 100%. There's been plenty of "real" leaks with a lot of wrong info as well:

What the leak got right:
The Hero: Paragon 100% got the Hero reveal down. There were some rumours of the alts beforehand; but nothing really major. The only other major leak that got this info right was the original cat leak.

Banjo's trailer being a repeat of K. Rool's. There were some rumors of this happening, but nothing major.

Breath of the Wild 2. Again, rumored but nothing major.

What the leak got kind of right:
Undertale content in Smash.

What the leak got wrong:
Frisk in Smash, no Sans in Smash.
Banjo's trailer referencing Undertale.

I'm willing to bet that Paragon had access to legitimate info on the E3 direct, as well as some insiders at Nintendo. This isn't all that unlikely since major sites for information were likely shown the direct ahead of time (all but BOTW 2); which could explain how they managed to get such accurate info on the Smash trailers. I'm willing to bet that they knew someone who saw the early direct as well as had an insider who knew about BOTW 2, but hadn't seen the trailer yet. This would explain why they knew so much about the Banjo/Hero trailers, but nothing on the BOTW 2 trailer.

However, Paragon also suggested that the Banjo trailer would hint towards UT in Smash; which was blatantly false. Technically K. Rool did fall through a hole, but you would have to REALLY stretch it as being an UT reference.

He guessed Frisk, because his sources told him it wasn't Sans. UT content was in alongside a Sans Mii costume, but no Frisk. I'm willing to bet he had a reliable source, but still a pretty big oversight no matter how you look at it. Parts of this are accurate, parts of it were most likely leakbait, as no one he knew said Sans was in. In general, UT content had been rumoured; but nothing solid.

The biggest hit to this is the fact that it lacks Terry Bogard, if his sources knew about the UT music/content being in Smash; they should most likely know about Terry/FF music as well, but I'm willing to overlook this part of the leak.

He predicted Waluigi as fighter 5 (which is 80% wrong), but let's just say that it's possible that Waluigi in Smash is the worst kept secret and Waluigi is potentially Fighter 6/a bonus fighter. We still have no idea on Waluigi's chances other then rumours, there's been no solid leak suggesting him; but he's one of the most likely characters to get promoted.

So essentially the only thing he has gotten 100% was the stuff revealed at the E3 direct (apart from Banjo referencing UT); which were likely open secrets at that point (apart from maybe BOTW 2). While UT content in Smash was right, overall his information on this was a mixed bag; so the leak wasn't infallible post E3. He failed to mention Terry, which can be overlooked; but has information which suggests Waluigi is fighter 5 (but let's say, the first post-pass character instead); we do not have any info on this currently.

So the leak overall was a mixed bag on anything post E3; it reminds me of the DMC 5 leak which accurately stated pretty much everything on DMC 5's prerelease; but failed on the Dante in Smash part.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
..Don't you just hate it when you start throwing up, and then your dumb body is like 'ew, vomit', and then you start throwing up harder?
A) WAY too much information.

B) This has nothing to do with Geno, and it really shouldn't be brought up here.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

So, just to be up to date on your speculation (NOT A LEAK), you think a Nintendo Direct is next week and that a double reveal of Smash characters is more likely than 1 or 3 characters? And that the next 3 characters are Dragonborn, Waluigi, and Geno (in that order)?

Again, your SPECULATION, not a leak (just want to make that clear for people). You know how people get...

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
The nonbeliever heathen witch TheJWittz has put Geno on his list of characters he doesn't want. Let's dislike the video to oblivion bois.

Just to be accurate and say the full thing (because I saw this and considered posting it in here), he loves Super Mario RPG and likes Geno. He just doesn't want him in Smash, which is fine.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
One thing i'm looking for is when these 2 characters get in and trigger the smash twitter, reddit, gamefaqs, 4chan, myspace, ect.
View attachment 256726
Geno and Waluigi both getting in together would be the biggest middle finger to all the haters on all these sites that hate the popular Smash never evers. I would love to see the carnage and chaos that their reactions will bring. :evil::laugh:

The nonbeliever heathen witch TheJWittz has put Geno on his list of characters he doesn't want. Let's dislike the video to oblivion bois.

No offensive, but when were you a Geno supporter? I thought you were more of a Sora guy.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

So, just to be up to date on your speculation (NOT A LEAK), you think a Nintendo Direct is next week and that a double reveal of Smash characters is more likely than 1 or 3 characters? And that the next 3 characters are Dragonborn, Waluigi, and Geno (in that order)?

Again, your SPECULATION, not a leak (just want to make that clear for people). You know how people get...
Right. Like I've repeated god knows how many times for the past month, my contacts don't fully agree with me. None of my contacts have hard guesses for 5 now and most can't decide how 6 is going to play out. The only things that my four contacts agree with me on currently:

-5 will more than likely be Western
-5 and 6 will likely both be in the next Direct

That's literally it. Characters 7-11 are pretty much entirely my own speculation and theorycraft. To map things out even further:

Contacts' predictions for 5:

1. Bethesda (siding with Fallout for some reason)

2. Bethesda (no hard guess)

3. Bethesda (agrees with my theorycraft on Dragonborn but isn't hard invested)

4. Masterchief (no idea how they concluded this but Smash isn't their forte anyways)

Contacts' predictions for 6:

1. No clue (stand alone character)

2. Supposedly knows but won't share (stand alone character)

3. No clue (full pack complete with stage, music, and Mii costumes)

4. Geno (stand alone character, worst Smash record of the four but stellar Nintendo record)

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
View attachment 256726
Geno: has a small mountain of evidence that he'll be in smash
Smash Twitter, 4chan, and Gamefaqs: "lmao cry more, Genobabies. He's not ever gonna be in and I can't wait to see his Mii costume come back."

Obscure anime character: Is said to be the next fighter in a random baseless 4chan leak
Smash Twitter, 4chan, and Gamefaqs: "Ok well, they're confirmed at this point. Literally nothing will change my mind. They have so much hard evidence and it makes so much sense. Smash fans are gonna call them obscure despite the fact that all the weebs I know are very familiar with obscure anime character."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don’t pay mind to this dude. Lack of relevance is a dumb excuse to not wanting a character. Also, this dude legit don’t want Phoenix Wright because he was already in a fighting game. Ryu and Ken in Street Fighter, Terry in Fatal Fury and King of Fighters, Pac Man in Street Fighter X Tekken, Mega Man in Marvel vs Capcom, and Little Mac with the entire Punch Out series. I have no idea why he has that reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
It's honestly funny seeing people still believe that Waluigi is somehow getting into Smash Bros. Like how many times does Sakurai does Sakurai have to dunk on him to get the message across?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

Argh, jwittz, my boy, you’re breaking my heart

Then again he wants Shantae in Smash so I’m okay with him being sad /s

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Threads moving too fast but I do agree with some of your take on my post AdamBel731 AdamBel731

I wasn't trying to call out an entire group, just the few that has pretty much soiled his good name. Part of my feeling with him is regarding the leaps and hurdles made over Geno fans just to get to him. After being this close with the other legacy characters getting it, I would feel a bit upset with us still getting left behind for Piranha Plant and Waluigi.

But if I came off as calling out the entire fanbase of Waluigi, I do apologize. I do genuinely like him. As a fan of Wario, I absolutely like his glorious partner in crime. It's just as a Geno fan, I constantly fear the possibility of being betrayed again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow. Way to make yourself look like a heathen. You don’t have to like specific characters. But, really a dumb top 10 list?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
C'mon, why do we have to trash on JWittz now? Basically every single character on the list he either said he liked and/or loved their games. He just didn't want the characters in Smash.

Maybe the concept of "10 characters I don't want" is what people don't like (personally I wouldn't make one), but JWittz is a super positive a nice guy. I definitely don't think he was being malicious, and you can tell that by what he says throughout the video.

D

Deleted member

C'mon, why do we have to trash on JWittz now? Basically every single character on the list he either said he liked and/or loved their games. He just didn't want the characters in Smash.

Maybe the concept of "10 characters I don't want" is what people don't like (personally I wouldn't make one), but JWittz is a super positive a nice guy. I definitely don't think he was being malicious, and you can tell that by what he says throughout the video.
The video makes him seem like an egotistical jerk. His whole point makes no sense. If he likes the games and the characters, why would you NOT want them in. That’s like saying you love Disney World, but when someone asks you if you want to go to Disney World you say no. It blows my mind how stupid that sounds.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット

Yeah, I'm with you. Does seem like something that may be in slight poor taste, but, hell. Nothing wrong with vocalizing any of your opinions.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
4. Geno (stand alone character, worst Smash record of the four but stellar Nintendo record)
I'll take it.

It's honestly funny seeing people still believe that Waluigi is somehow getting into Smash Bros. Like how many times does Sakurai does Sakurai have to dunk on him to get the message across?
And yet it seemed Ridley was in the exact same position in the Smash community as Waluigi before he got in. Never say never.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Still, JWittz can have an opinion of who he wants and doesn't want. Let's not stoop to a level that makes us look like a toxic hatedom like other have devolved to in the past.

Geno fans are better than that.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

I know that he has done top X videos in the pass, so why not top 10 characters he want? The Smashfandom has too much negativity as it is right now, and it doesn¨t help when a quite large YouTuber makes a video like this no matter if he had put Geno on that list or not. This feels like an ultimate clickbait video. Especially with Geno in the thumbnail. This is so dissapointing

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Raiding, witch-hunting, brigading, or whatever you want to call it seems completely unnecessary. People are allowed to have different opinions. Mind you, opinions can have flawed reasoning behind them (any claim that a character needs to be relevant should have died with the inclusion of K. Rool or Banjo-Kazooie), but that's no reason to start a witch hunt or dislike his videos, especially after everything that this particular thread has been through.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I know that he has done top X videos in the pass, so why not top 10 characters he want?
He has. See here's the thing, if people watched the video, they'd know that he is the opposite of malicious and he likes all the characters and games that are on the list he made. He is a super positive dude. Maybe it is in poor taste to some, but again, he doesn't have to want characters in because he loves them.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
JWittz goes about his opinions fine, unlike a lot of others in the Smash community. I’ll never understand actively not wanting a character and wanting to keep them out, since it seems a bit selfish with how people act toxic about it (all over a videogame nonetheless), however JWittz doesn’t do that and he seems like a good guy; he even said he liked Geno (and I’m sure others as well, as I didn’t really watch most of the video as I was rather uninterested otherwise; but still, he seemed cool about it).

Look, having negative views is fine, but do you gotta try and force them on everyone all the time? It’s even getting to the point where it feels like you’re implying everyone is stupid, and yes, it does feel like you’re trying to make everyone think the same as you, especially with stuff you’ve said in the past about how you’ll laugh if you’re right and would say “I told you so”/something like that about Geno not getting in and seem to say stuff whenever someone shows just the slightest bit of optimism for any character.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Honestly, it's not the worst video like this, and I think he got across what he wanted to well enough.

any developments I missed this morning
Negative, same as it ever was.

It's honestly funny seeing people still believe that Waluigi is somehow getting into Smash Bros. Like how many times does Sakurai have to dunk on him to get the message across?
It's honestly funny seeing people still believe that Ridley is somehow getting into Smash Bros. Like how many times does Sakurai have to dunk on him to get the message across?
If people want a character, they'll keep asking for it. The more they ask, the more likely it is they'll get it.
Let's keep asking for Geno.

"CONFOUND THOSE GENOBOYS! OH HOW I HATE THEM! I HATE FRANCO! I HATE OFFBI! AND I HATE FATMAN! THEY DRIVE ME TO DRINK!"

View attachment 256742
>MFW They don't hate me
GenoHappyHop.png

D

Deleted member

I can’t help but to think that you’re gonna have a field day in this thread if Geno gets his Mii costume back and a promotional pick is playable.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know that he has done top X videos in the pass, so why not top 10 characters he want? The Smashfandom has too much negativity as it is right now, and it doesn¨t help when a quite large YouTuber makes a video like this no matter if he had put Geno on that list or not. This feels like an ultimate clickbait video. Especially with Geno in the thumbnail. This is so dissapointing
He already did a top 10 wants video:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
He has. See here's the thing, if people watched the video, they'd know that he is the opposite of malicious and he likes all the characters and games that are on the list he made. He is a super positive dude. Maybe it is in poor taste to some, but again, he doesn't have to want characters in because he loves them.
That's not my point.

What I¨m trying to say that it doesn¨t help a community that is constantly "hurrdurr, this character should not come in because I do not want". When a large channel such as Jwittz makes a video like that, it doesn¨t help the mentality, rather making it worse. Putting water the wheel so to speak.

He already did a top 10 wants video:
Still doesn¨t change the fact that the top 10 don¨t want was "unessecary" depending on how you view it.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
And yet it seemed Ridley was in the exact same position in the Smash community as Waluigi before he got in. Never say never.
Here a difference between the two, Sakurai never actively dissed on Ridley like he does with Waluigi. Sakurai knew that people want Ridley and he admit that he wasn't sure how he could make him playable. He believed that Ridley height was what's holding him back because he wants to do the character justice like every other character, that's why he keep making him a boss because that was the best Sakurai could do at the time.

Waluigi on the other hand only has remain the same Assist Trophy throughout all of Smash Bros. Waluigi is the only character to be given this much shade when revealed as an Assist Trophy.
d3c8chybnd511 (1).jpg

When they revealed that can kill Assist Trophies they used Waluigi as an example. Sakurai knows about Waluigi's demand, but never acted upon it. Heck when Sakurai said that he wanted to add in a character that isn't a hero or the main villain because doing so would be boring he chose a Piranha Plant over Waluigi who fits the character description that Sakurai wants to make.

You can want a character as much as you want, make fan petitions, vote on the ballot, literally have an newspaper article dedicated to a character not making it in but if Sakurai doesn't want to make the character playable then there's nothing going to change it. Remember, Sakurai was willing to not include Pac-Man if Namco only gave Ghostly Adventure version of Pac-Man.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wasn’t aware I wasn’t allowed to like both characters. I apologize for this transgression, and will begin posthaste the process of excommunication and exile.
Geez, I'm sorry. I just remember you saying on the Square-Enix thread one time that you would greatly prefer Sora. Context in words like that.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
As Gentlepanda Gentlepanda showed, were your multiple posts against JWittz really necessary?
What, I’m not allowed to inform multiple fan bases? I can only tell one characters fanbase their character is being slandered to a large audience? I thought I was being fair in letting others know about their character, but hey, I guess posting in this thread specifically was a mistake.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I doubt we'll get an AT promoted in the same game(Spirits are significantly more likely), but I can't write off possibilities that can actually happen.

There's no rule or statement by Sakurai, so just constantly saying Sakurai said so in more than one way is pointless. No, it doesn't work that way. You can doubt it, but there's no legitimate evidence that proves it's impossible. It's a waste of time to dismiss it entirely. It cannot be backed up. Being skeptical makes sense. Taking pointless extremes doesn't make for an actual valid argument.

Consider the fact we've had DLC once so far. Smash 4. That means there's no way to use that as a pattern to what could happen. Remember that Ultimate has a completely different design being followed. Waluigi could happen(I can be doubtful, but I see no evidence of it never happening in this game), though it'd obviously be post-pass if ever. Sakurai does change his mind given enough time. The only thing that matters is if the fan demand helps him see a workable moveset. He is not going to conform to pointless fanrules for the sake of it. His only real rule is, get this, no non-game 3rd party characters(due to licensing).

Also, Banjo-Kazooie was completely relevant with Rare Replay being a huge advertised thing(and has been for years on end). He never lacked relevancy during the time he was added to Smash. K. Rool definitely did, though. Last thing at most was a Smash 4 costume. But hasn't been pushed at all otherwise. He was underused too, only showing up in Mario Sports spin-offs. Sad, too, but different team behind the new DKC seems to be the case, but I forget why they aren't using him. At least Microsoft is outright using one of the old (used to be)Nintendo Mascots.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
What, I’m not allowed to inform multiple fan bases? I can only tell one characters fanbase their character is being slandered to a large audience? I thought I was being fair in letting others know about their character, but hey, I guess posting in this thread specifically was a mistake.
There is a difference with sharing your opinion and slandering. This isn't so much slandering when he isn't calling out people who want said character.

When I call out people like Tomasagaz14 Tomasagaz14 or majority of the Sora community for slandering people that want Geno, then it is worth calling them out.

There is no reason we should ever attack someone (JWittz in this example) for not wanting a character we like. It only is worth calling haters out when fellow community members are being attacked for liking Geno.

That is how it should be.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Geez, I'm sorry. I just remember you saying on the Square-Enix thread one time that you would greatly prefer Sora. Context in words like that.
I don’t remember saying that but that doesn’t mean I don’t want Geno.
I thought I was being fair to the Geno fanbase by informing them about this, but I guess they don’t want that and would rather go about grandstanding and making mountains out of mole hills on a tongue in cheek joke. Next time I’ll ignore you guys I guess.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
What, I’m not allowed to inform multiple fan bases? I can only tell one characters fanbase their character is being slandered to a large audience?
That's a bit much. The dude just said he wasn't up for Geno in Smash, and at the end of the video he said that if any of the 10 got in, he'd laugh it off and be happy for those who wanted their character, that isn't slander. I get that you may want to talk about the video, but calling the guy a heathen witch (though that is pretty funny) and asking people to brigade his video doesn't line up with the "I'm just giving people information" angle you're talking from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom