• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Nasicslly "this is your wanted version of rister", not necessarily Nintendo's or others' idea. If your version is far different from the official version, it has even less likely to happen. Not even mention if you're expecting an extremely big roster.

I like Geno, and if he eventually makes it in the future, I'd be happy for him no matter what. But other inclusions are not necessarily relate to his chance. The current Smash 5 game has Terry, Banjo, Joker and others doesnt mean that Geno is a must have along with them in my opinion.

Not to mention Mario characters are all basically rivals to each other when it comes to just one new Mario rep, so that Geno and Waluigi cannot coexist to fight in Smash 6. One of them must lose, or lose to other new Mario reps or even no new Mario rep occurring at all.

You can never have everything have one bowl, but it could be both optimistic and realistic to expect that all my wanted characters will make it in different time.
That's why it's called an opinion; it's subjective.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I can't believe i'm saying this but...the end of the road is closer than what we thought. let's hope for the better and our wishes will come true thanks to Star RoadView attachment 256604
Ay I made the meme as Mrs. Potatohead

You know, I wonder how many old faces would pop into the thread if Geno got in. And I am not talking about just users who have previously appeared in this thread, but also people who are from Brawl and/or Smash 4 speculation.
You know, as people are wondering if Geno may be revealed next week (which I honestly doubt the next Smash reveals ate his time), I reflect again on my time here. Fatmanonice and so many veterans of this support group have seen people come and go. As I've said before yaddya yaddya ya I'm here to support you guys despite not being connected to Geno (if someone doesn't know me by now, well, people will tell you I've repeated this many times before), all that jazz. Seeing all of these fans return will just kinda be sweet to see. I have been in the trenches with you guys in a way, but also I'm more like a watcher who has been flying over the battleground.

I mean I'm a young zoomer (as I always say) who hasn't legitimately been in Smash speculation for all too long. But there are people in here who've waited for this character to return for years upon years now. As I have said, you guys should get your dues. I'm excited to see your guys' reactions, and as Spatulo posted early with that meme (and as I've been saying), "I'm with you guys until the end of the line."

Honestly, it'll be bittersweet. Once Geno gets in, well... my purpose here will be done once I see your reactions. I'll be here for the party (when he does get in, not if), but once it dies down... well, I'll probably leave. Hopefully some people get enjoyment out of me being here. I wonder what some of you look like and are in real life. Kinda puts things into perspective when you have a teenager in here interacting with older folks who want a 20 year old character, huh? I have a lot of friends I could talk to and/or have free time with, but I choose to spend a little of it here (mostly when it is night and I'm alone). So I just wonder what you guys are really like.

...Anyways, Geno WILL get in. I know he will! Don't worry, I'm not leaving yet, so enjoy more random garbage from me.

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Well, I feel like my own opinions of completion derive from the fact that this will be the last Smash game to have this many fighters. Once Smash 6 rolls around, they're probably going to cut a lot of fighters and it won't be as special for me personally. Geno is really the last thing left for Smash that has this kind of "must have" quality in mind. So, having him in would make the game feel complete to me personally.
If you mean Smash 5 adds many of your favorite and you think they'd be chopped off in Smash 6, I can understand your concern. Just I think future Smash games could have more exciting additions that are as strong as the Smash 5 newcomers, so that I don't think "coming later" is a definite loss or failure.

Realistically, we know Sakurai had a hard time to make Geno happen, so it would be a real miracle if he makes it in. Which Smash game he will fight in isn't that much important. Wanting two miracles to happen in one bowl is a bit too much to me.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
nothing against yall but.. i dont see why some of yall think he is a lock.
Some people are pretty hopeful because it seems like things such as Cacomallow, the SMRPG mii costume leak, and his not showing up with Hero as a costume are pointing in his favor for the post pass. If you don't think so that is ok too.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
No character is really a lock (except maybe Inkling before Ultimate was officially announced), but he is pretty darn likely.
Yeah, this is pretty much the way that I see it. I hate using the word "lock" for any character before they're revealed, once people start using for characters that were extremely likely (like Inkling) it'll just become overused and basically mean "has a chance"

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
So, uh, after catching up with the thread again, seems like all the situation with the Starling was a bunch of ********, eh~?

Can't say I'm surprised honestly. Had my doubts on it for the longest time but whatever.

If we follow the rest of the "things" that Geno has going forward then there shouldn't be any problem with the Starling now.

Anyway, let's wait for the direct now, shall we?

:bowser::starman:.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I'm the random garbage, don't steal my shtick.
Absolutely not, I wouldn't want to encroach on your territory.

I just meant the stuff I blabber on about can be garbage at times. I have enough self-confidence to know I'm not garbo.

You're the (supposed) garbage, and I'm the young "hip" zoomer. We'll both stay in our lanes ;)

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I honestly am sure Genos happening.
here is my predictions:
5: Doom Slayer
6: Ryu Hayubusa
7: Geno
8: Dante
9: Chief
10: Waluigi
11: Lloyd Irving.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Saw a certain topic a couple pages back, and it made me think:

Is it bad I found that video of Mario telling Luigi to not be a dinophobe funny?
"I've been inside of one and I'll tell you. Be nice to all of them or you'll know how a meatball feels like."

"How is that supposed to help, Mario?" :yoshi:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
No character is really a lock (except maybe Inkling before Ultimate was officially announced), but he is pretty darn likely.
I may be stupid here but when people go "when" Thats a sign you think they are a lock and from my own personal experience saying that with a character because you think they are just "highly likely" is setting yourself up for dissapointment

again, nothing against yall

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I may be stupid here but when people go "when" Thats a sign you think they are a lock and from my own personal experience saying that with a character because you think they are just "highly likely" is setting yourself up for dissapointment

It's not so much a sign of thinking he's a lock. It's more so just a sign of confidence. There's so much going on in our favour right now it's hard not to be confident about his chances.

D

Deleted member

I don't if anyone's ever seen the Youtube channel Red but he's recently made videos about Dragonborn, Waluigi, and even says he'll talk about Geno soon. Three of the characters Fatmanonice has mentioned as possible future DLC.

Now this might not mean anything but he might have a good feeling that they are coming as well. Or just know something himself.

Pretty cool channel though does a good job pointing things out on both videos.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Po9HBAjFDE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BhluopdFPgg&t=923s

Hope it's okay if I post these here if not then I'll edit these out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe i'm saying this but...the end of the road is closer than what we thought. let's hope for the better and our wishes will come true thanks to Star RoadView attachment 256604
It feels surreal that our time may actually come sooner rather than later. It will definitely be worth the wait when it finally happens, but at the same time it’s gonna be bittersweet knowing that the wild speculation ride will be reduced to nearly nothing. Despite that I joined here in August, I’ve technically been a lurker for as long as late January last year, so I’ve enjoyed viewing this thread and being a part of it in spirit. Of course, I’m not going to disappear if Geno gets in, I’ll probably stick around to occasionally pop in, or go to other support threads like Crash or Dixie.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
whenever people on here say "rister" it looks like Ristar to me. I would be down for Ristar, though I would prefer Vectorman.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
whenever people on here say "rister" it looks like Ristar to me. I would be down for Ristar, though I would prefer Vectorman.
The year is 2041. Super Smash Bros Ultimate, after being ported to the current gen console the Switch 5, has just had another Fighters Pass announced, bringing the numbered fighters up to 375. Given the dwindling number of video game characters remaining, they have resorted to adding old platformer mascot characters. Bubsy and Gex have already been announced for 371 and 372, so now the fans are in hot debate as to whether character 373 will be Ristar or Vectorman. Waluigi still is not playable.

(If that number seems high just assume they filled in a few passes with Marth clones and Genos)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I don't if anyone's ever seen the Youtube channel Red but he's recently made videos about Dragonborn, Waluigi, and even says he'll talk about Geno soon. Three of the characters Fatmanonice has mentioned as possible future DLC.

Now this might not mean anything but he might have a good feeling that they are coming as well. Or just know something himself.

This guy seems to keep an eye on this thread, me thinks. Either that or you just found Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's Youtube persona haha.

Interested to see what will happen.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman

This is the Geno support thread where we speak optimistically to each other, if you can not understand that (sad!), I will assume you are a downer and your only goal is to antagonize or otherwise demoralize. Anyway, I love adding people to my ignore list, most others in the thread do too, just so you know that your messages aren’t seen by anyone. When Geno is announced, I hope you enjoy playing as him

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I will assume you are a downer and your only goal is to antagonize or otherwise demoralize.
****ing, excuse me? I am not here to do any of that and idk why you would even think that.

If that was my purpose, I would stright up say "Geno sucks" but Am I? no, so dont assume. What part of "Nothing aginst yall" do you not understand

there was no need to act like that to me

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace

My good ol' scaly friend, that Waluigi video just popped into my recommendation the other day! I made a comment about me believing the Paragon leak is actually real and that video is why.

To be frank, I think Red is spot on. And I have legitimately thought Waluigi has had a good chance to be in for a while now (regardless of if this is true or not). Maybe not as confident as I am with Geno, but people should check that video out if they want their eyes opened perhaps.

D

Deleted member

This is the Geno support thread where we speak optimistically to each other, if you can not understand that (sad!), I will assume you are a downer and your only goal is to antagonize or otherwise demoralize. Anyway, I love adding people to my ignore list, most others in the thread do too, just so you know that your messages aren’t seen by anyone. When Geno is announced, I hope you enjoy playing as him
Easy killer. She didn't mean anything disparaging towards Geno or our fanbase. Nothing wrong with the odd blunt observation and it's not like it was in bad taste either.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Easy killer. She didn't mean anything disparaging towards Geno or our fanbase. Nothing wrong with the odd blunt observation and it's not like it was in bad taste either.
I may not be intrested in Geno but Id hate to see any fandom think a character is very likely but ends up sad when/if it doesnt happen. Thats all Im saying. It wasnt my goal to be rude to any of you guys. Maybe it will happen, maybe it wont, If it does happen, good on you all, if it doesnt happen, I just hope it isnt taken too hard

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I may not be intrested in Geno but Id hate to see any fandom think a character is very likely but ends up sad when/if it doesnt happen. Thats all Im saying. It wasnt my goal to be rude to any of you guys. Maybe it will happen, maybe it wont, If it does happen, good on you all, if it doesnt happen, I just hope it isnt taken too hard
Honestly, this is how I go about things. It may or may not pan out, just keep as neutral as possible with whatever outcome. (Though I feel pretty confident about Geno and others, but eh.)

Also, text is a hard emotion to grasp through the web. So it gets tricky when you have that mind set, but someone sees it as something entirely different. It's all good friend.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My good ol' scaly friend, that Waluigi video just popped into my recommendation the other day! I made a comment about me believing the Paragon leak is actually real and that video is why.

To be frank, I think Red is spot on. And I have legitimately thought Waluigi has had a good chance to be in for a while now (regardless of if this is true or not). Maybe not as confident as I am with Geno, but people should check that video out if they want their eyes opened perhaps.
Your right bud. I don't think Red's an insider though I think he just enjoys the game like us and is excited for whatever's to come with Fighter #5 and beyond. Definetly a cool dude and his points are very cool.

I don't what's going to happen this year or who's coming if Dragonborn, Waluigi, and Geno get in geez man. That'd be nuts that'd be really awesome and I'd be extremely happy. Because I want all three in and geez this might and probably might even be better then the fighter pass (my option.) Not sure what his chances are but yeah this is pretty cool.

But I know nothing is guaranteed I'm not going to say any character is a lock and I'm uncertain about both Waluigi and Geno myself. Regardless still supporting both and well hey Red brought up some great points. Let's see where this goes.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm in the mindset that if a Nintendo Direct doesn't come within less than a week from now, our asses are waiting until February to finally find out who FP5 is.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

MisterMike

Smash Champion

It's cool, man. I can totally see how you'd think that, but that's not really the case. I mean sure, a lot of us here have a lot of faith that he'll come to Smash eventually, but most of us don't actually mean he's a lock when we say that. For example, when Geno gets in I'm going to make a video in the style of BestGuyEver's Smash videos to celebrate. Now of course I'm not saying he is, for sure, getting in, it's just that in the event that he gets in I'll be doing that. Again, I can totally see why this causes some confusion. In fact, I usually go out of my way to append my uses of "when" with "if" to avoid confusion. (when/if he gets in)

And when it comes to us getting our hopes up, no offense, but it's not really anyone's jobs to manage that. I understand why people do it, but it comes across as really condescending, as if to say "You, random person on the internet, are too immature to handle disappointment, so we'll handle it by attempting to manage your expectations for you.". It's kind of like someone saying "You're getting too invested in thing.", well... how invested should I be in thing? Who are you to dictate to others how they should feel about thing?

And putting that aside, I really can't blame people here for being hopeful and optimistic. I mean, we have...
- The Mii Costume List that claims a Mallow and Smithy costume/hat will be coming with no mention made of Geno's Costume despite also mentioning the return of the Chocobo Hat.
- The Terry Spirits Leak by the same guy who provided the Mii Costume List that correctly called all of Terry's Spirit Board Spirits, which makes it more likely that the Mii Costume List is entirely legit.
- The CacoMallow Posts, that have yet to be proven fake that show a Mallow Hat but no Geno Mii Costume.
- The lack of Geno's Mii Fighter Costume alongside Hero which would've been the perfect time to bring it back.
- The music takedowns for "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" and "Fight Against an Armed Boss" from back in July (when the Mii Costume List was first provided), two songs that would not only fit Geno well, but would also fit with how SquareEnix characters have only gotten two songs per fighter, with each form of Hero being considered a different character.
- The suspicious amount of SMRPG references that have been popping up as of late, such as Viridi mentioning Megasmilax, Piranha Plant's Classic Mode victory screen referencing a Japanese SMRPG commercial (to add to this, one of Zero Suit Samus' victory screens in Smash 4 referenced Bayonetta before she was revealed as the last DLC Fighter for that game), Yo'ster Island being referenced in Yoshi's Crafted World.

You may have some doubts about these (and I wouldn't mind discussing them with you), but regardless of how you feel about it, this is a lot of stuff to come up regarding Geno for Smash. And when there's this much evidence and/or potential evidence for a character you've wanted for a long time, you'd probably get at least a little excited as well.

If Banjo & Kazooie was my pipedream character, Ristar would be my ultra pipedream character. I friggin' love that game! Actually forget that, I don't even want them in Smash, I just want a new Ristar game. That and House of the Dead on Steam. SEGA pls...

If we don't get a Direct this week, I'll cry.
If you are, can you record it for me? My desires are... unconventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom