• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The 4chan post in question is from December 2018.

Not trying to act like the Luminary was obvious, but I couldn’t help but notice that Fatman’s opinion seemingly shifted on the matter.
Opinions shift, man. This is what kills me about the scores of people of people who are like "HEY GUYS, CHECK OUT THE GREAT BIG PHONY" when my opinions shifted on who I thought 5 was. Opinions are supposed to change in the face of new evidence. That's literally a key part of the scientific method. If my opinions were totally unchanging in the face of newer and stronger evidence, I'd be dishonest. Since people dog me about the "four similar characters from four different companies", allow me to break down my thoughts and why my opinions shifted:

Lloyd- Heard in insider circles since last fall, bunch of trademark stuff happened all at once and, coincidentally, Nintendo was teasing its employees about major upcoming Tales news all around the same time. S***'s new NoA source said no Tales in late November and his old NoA ambassador source said no Namco a short time later.

Nightmare- Soul Calibur for Switch and Nightmare in Smash came out around the same time during the summer. NoA ambassador said "no Namco for 5" in late November. As of last week, another contact shared with me that Nightmare was probably never seriously considered.

Sol Badguy- Guilty Gear for Switch and Sol for Switch rumors also came out around the same time during the summer. Guilty Gear was announced for Switch in November. Whether this is the end of things is hard to say.

Dante- Devil May Cry games for Switch and Dante in Smash rumors came out early summer. Multiple games were confirmed in that timespan. The NoA ambassador suspected that Dante was leakbait in early November and said "no Capcom for 5" in late November.

Things they all have in common: swords, two are Namco

MIA Mii costumes that likely were originally meant for Pack 5: Lloyd, Gil, Rathalos, and Monster Hunter. Common traits? Swords, Namco, and heavy armor.

This why my thoughts went from Lloyd to Nightmare to Sol/Waluigi to a new character in about a month and a half's time.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Three different sources have more or less boiled things down to three names with one standing out that I personally think is the most likely. Per usual, I've been asked to not make the name public in the event that it's not just a rumor but an actual leak. These same people are also in agreement that 5 and 6 will be revealed in very close proximity if not the same presentation. One guessed the VGAs while the other two guessed the VGAs or a hypothetical January Direct. 6 is speculated to be a "bonus" ala Plant in that it will simply be a character with no stage or music to either end the Fighter's Pass or kick off Season 2. Also, yes, I do think that if my current speculation on 5 is right that 5 will potentially hard deconfirm a very popular character. As always, rumors, salt, death threats ain't cool, etc.
I’m going to speak from a very biased perspective.

I wonder if Ultimate Student (Danganronpa) would fit this bill? He would definitely make fans of Phoenix Wright really upset from what i can tell.

(Please don’t confirm or deny him, I’m just speculating and I don’t want my slim hopes to be dashed :(. )

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I don't suppose you heard anything regarding costume DLC? Like, not Mii Costumes, but new alts for characters in the roster

Or are modders going to have to pick up Nintendo's slack again?

e6dborpI3laV09ntLoY_lsw_AIDNQkT8u12m3gfCUN4.png

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why you sound so annoyed?
I'm annoyed because I've stated my thoughts on Sora a lot. He hasn't been heard in insider circles but confidence in him eventually coming is super high. Basically my thoughts is if we don't see him by the end of E3 2021, I will be very surprised. My annoyance also comes from how THIS character is the one my source was afraid that people would be upset about despite them arguably being B tier popularity wise and didn't want their name outright said because they were so certain people would throw a boiling piss fit about it. Again, of the 8 that were shared with me, this is the only one most people would give a **** about potentially being soft deconfirmed.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm annoyed because I've stated my thoughts on Sora a lot. He hasn't been heard in insider circles but confidence in him eventually coming is super high. Basically my thoughts is if we don't see him by the end of E3 2021, I will be very surprised. My annoyance also comes from how THIS character is the one my source was afraid that people would be upset about despite them arguably being B tier popularity wise and didn't want their name outright said because they were so certain people would throw a boiling piss fit about it. Again, of the 8 that were shared with me, this is the only one most people would give a **** about potentially being soft deconfirmed.
I honestly thought sora would get people more mad because it was gonna make people say "F Sora, he took -another SE character-'s spot!"

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, again, to be totally transparent with you all, I have no idea how this contact got the "lol, nope" pile info. I've talked to not only a game developer but also a Nintendo employee in the past two days and they're like "how did this guy get this info?" And I'm like:

3ets04.png

How the figgy ****in' puddin' should I know? The dude knows stuff and I don't know how. I have NO CLUE how he gets this stuff but he's somehow correct on stuff that has evaded everyone else. Is he bull****ing me? Possibly but I don't see what his motive would be given he's shared some very confidental info with me that would easily get him in scores of trouble if it were blasted. One of the things you all have to understand about interacting with these contacts is we usually don't know where they get their info from. If we're lucky, sometimes we hear vague statements about their contacts but a lot of times it's a big ol' ****in' mystery, Scooby Doo, and we just know that they're correct about stuff, somehow.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So, again, to be totally transparent with you all, I have no idea how this contact got the "lol, nope" pile info. I've talked to not only a game developer but also a Nintendo employee in the past two days and they're like "how did this guy get this info?" And I'm like:

View attachment 254061

How the figgy ****in' puddin' should I know? The dude knows stuff and I don't know how. I have NO CLUE how he gets this stuff but he's somehow correct on stuff that has evaded everyone else. Is he bull****ing me? Possibly but I don't see what his motive would be given he's shared some very confidental info with me that would easily get him in scores of trouble if it were blasted. One of the things you all have to understand about interacting with these contacts is we usually don't know where they get their info from. If we're lucky, sometimes we hear vague statements about their contacts but a lot of times it's a big ol' ****in' mystery, Scooby Doo, and we just know that they're correct about stuff, somehow.
The mystery man’s screen name wouldn’t happen to be “Blasahiro Blakurai” would it?

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

View attachment 254061

Does that person you talked to knows anything new about Geno?

D

Deleted member

View attachment 254061

Fatmanonice thanks for the information we appreciate it and thank you. Was going to ask if Dante is a possible post fighter-pass character but I don’t want to bug you with questions. And appreciate what you give us will find out all the fighter’s as they come.

Last edited by a moderator:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
This is the same guy that knew Banjo's Mii costumes and Terry's spirit board so take that as you will. On that note, he's also one of my contacts that thinks Cacomallow is real.
Are they the same person who also gave you the mii costume list that had mallow and smithy, or is that another?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Are they the same person who also gave you the mii costume list that had mallow and smithy, or is that another?
Same guy. He's one of Papageno's contacts too and Papagenos has known him much longer. He has, however, said that he doesn't know what Cacomallow means for Geno. He just believes the Mallow and Cacodemon costumes are real.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Same guy. He's one of Papageno's contacts too and Papagenos has known him much longer. He has, however, said that he doesn't know what Cacomallow means for Geno. He just believes the Mallow and Cacodemon costumes are real.
Honestly i believe if the mallow demon leak is real then geno is in. If mallow demon leak is real then the mallow and smithy costumes are likely to come as well. I highly doubt they would make 2 new miis from smrpg over new miis for a random square character.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice thanks for the information we appreciate it and thank you. Was going to ask if Dante is a possible post fighter-pass character but I don’t want to bug you with questions. And appreciate what you give us will find out all the fighter’s as they come.
Possibly. Here are my current thoughts on Dante summarized:

-Dante in Smash and several DMC games for Switch rumors came out during the early summer around the same time. Since then, all the game rumors have come true including the DMC Collection. In early November, however, the NoA ambassador said they believed that Dante was potentially leakbait/a red herring and, asking around, confidence wasn't super high. Right now, there are 4 "floating" Smash 4 costumes from Capcom: Megaman X, Megaman EXE, Rathalos, and Monster Hunter. I personally believe that, based on this, another Capcom character is eventually coming and will bring the two Megaman costumes with them. My personal theory is that it will come down to either Dante or Phoenix Wright and the timeframe will be E3 2020 at the earliest.

Griselda

Smash Lord
..So, I just rediscovered that babies are cute, today.

Someone draw baby Geno. Except not me, because babies are also tiring and I'm taking a nap.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Honestly i believe if the mallow demon leak is real then geno is in. If mallow demon leak is real then the mallow and smithy costumes are likely to come as well. I highly doubt they would make 2 new miis from smrpg over new miis for a random square character.
Those are basically my thoughts too, especially with the lingering rumors of Sephiroth since last December which make me think Geno's hypothetical Costume set would be Mallow, Smithy, Chocobo, and Sephiroth (probably with One Winged Ostrich). I think he's afraid of pulling the trigger because of how big Geno's fanbase is and the tidalwave of backlash that would no doubt ensue if they were wrong. Beyond that, he also doesn't believe Doomguy is five and, honestly, I haven't for ages either, even before I met him:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1694#post-23649115

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1608#post-23633544

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Those are basically my thoughts too, especially with the lingering rumors of Sephiroth since last December which make me think Geno's hypothetical Costume set would be Mallow, Smithy, Chocobo, and Sephiroth (probably with One Winged Ostrich). I think he's afraid of pulling the trigger because of how big Geno's fanbase is and the tidalwave of backlash that would no doubt ensue if they were wrong. Beyond that, he also doesn't believe Doomguy is five and, honestly, I haven't for ages either, even before I met him:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1694#post-23649115

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1608#post-23633544

I honestly doubt we would get a Sephiroth costume. Would be neat but I doubt it. I honestly believe that geno would bring back the old geno mii.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

Please tell me there's still hope for Doomguy in season 2.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
I honestly doubt we would get a Sephiroth costume. Would be neat but I doubt it. I honestly believe that geno would bring back the old geno mii.
Would be quite the **** move to keep the Geno costume for so long from us only to blue ball the fanbase in the end.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Looking at objective facts, Geno's chances are great due to his Mii costume's absence.

Also, ForsakenM ForsakenM I private
DMd you yesterday, why must you ignore me? :/

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
*BFG Division plays in the background* *On the other side of the street, Fight Against an Armed Boss Remix also plays in the background*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I bring up the idea of Sephiroth as a Mii costume because it's weird to me that not only did the list have three Mii costumes (Chocobo, Mallow, and Smithy) but his list of "Banjo's" (he saw the order of the list and simply concluded that the SMRPG costumes were Hero's and the rest were Banjo's) Mii costumes was missing Sans. Every costume set so far has come with at least four and, if he didn't know about the San's costume (but he says he knew about the music track before E3), it makes me think that the fourth Mii costume is someone with music. A Geno costume with music? Why? Like I said the other day, the time gap between Hero and 6/7 means there would be plenty of time to make new Mii costumes so why delay him for later?

On that note, who would three Square characters and two SMRPG costumes even come with? All of Square's DLC has been Square exclusive, including in Smash 4, so it would need to be another Square rep. Final Fantasy? No third party franchise has double dipped yet outside of Echoes so that rules that out. Sora belongs to Disney and, beyond that, why would he come with SMRPG characters? It stands to reason that if that costume set is real and if Cacomallow is real then Geno would have to be the playable character for 6 or 7, assuming that the "owners" of Mallow and Cacodemon were coming in close proximity to each other.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Possibly. Here are my current thoughts on Dante summarized:

-Dante in Smash and several DMC games for Switch rumors came out during the early summer around the same time. Since then, all the game rumors have come true including the DMC Collection. In early November, however, the NoA ambassador said they believed that Dante was potentially leakbait/a red herring and, asking around, confidence wasn't super high. Right now, there are 4 "floating" Smash 4 costumes from Capcom: Megaman X, Megaman EXE, Rathalos, and Monster Hunter. I personally believe that, based on this, another Capcom character is eventually coming and will bring the two Megaman costumes with them. My personal theory is that it will come down to either Dante or Phoenix Wright and the timeframe will be E3 2020 at the earliest.
If the next costumes coming are the X and Mega Man.EXE ones, then it would totally fit Dante more since, y'know, guns.
Now that I’m finally unbanned, I can participate in Geno taking lol.
Where are you taking him?
..So, I just rediscovered that babies are cute, today.

Someone draw baby Geno. Except not me, because babies are also tiring and I'm taking a nap.
Okay, here you go:
GenoBab.png

I already made this joke, but whatever, I still think it's kind of funny...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Please tell me there's still hope for Doomguy in season 2.
To be frank, I don't know. The belief that some of my contacts have is that if Cacodemon is real, it's not coming with Doom Guy but another character. Smash Ultimate currently has 11 unfilled dummy slots so, under the best of circumstances, DLC could last another two years. In that time span, Doom Guy could find his way in but, again, to not insult your intelligence, I don't think it would be "Season 2", I think it would be "Season 3" at the earliest, which are also my thoughts on Sora and Travis. So, to be truthful with you based on what I've heard, if Doom Guy's coming it's not going to be for awhile. If I'm wrong, definitely take it as a victory and be well aware of what I hear and speculate isn't definitive by any means. Remember, literally everyone was wrong about the VGAs and this could be a similar case.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
If the next costumes coming are the X and Mega Man.EXE ones, then it would totally fit Dante more since, y'know, guns.
On the other hand, for a bit of color theory, both X and EXE are predominantly blue, which would fit quite nicely with Phoenix. The two that were predominately red and could fit well with Dante were already part of Banjo’s wave.

To be frank, I don't know. The belief that some of my contacts have is that if Cacodemon is real, it's not coming with Doom Guy but another character. Smash Ultimate currently has 11 unfilled dummy slots so, under the best of circumstances, DLC could last another two years. In that time span, Doom Guy could find his way in but, again, to not insult your intelligence, I don't think it would be "Season 2", I think it would be "Season 3" at the earliest, which are also my thoughts on Sora and Travis. So, to be truthful with you based on what I've heard, if Doom Guy's coming it's not going to be for awhile. If I'm wrong, definitely take it as a victory and be well aware of what I hear and speculate isn't definitive by any means. Remember, literally everyone was wrong about the VGAs and this could be a similar case.
Dragonborn or Vault Boy being the Bethesda rep would pave a better path for Chief while still finally giving Geno his due, so I am totally okay with that timeline.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
As long as he gets in eventually, I'm happy. I can wait.

I'm going to assume that the "other character" that's in his way is another Bethesda rep. Probably some sort of shouting dragon boy, who I'd also be pretty hyped for.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
On the other hand, for a bit of color theory, both X and EXE are predominantly blue, which would fit quite nicely with Phoenix. The two that were predominately red and could fit well with Dante were already part of Banjo’s wave.

Dragonborn or Vault Boy being the Bethesda rep would pave a better path for Chief while still finally giving Geno his due, so I am totally okay with that timeline.
Vault Boy is a super pipe dream of mine, getting him in and some Fallout stage would be amazing. I love Fallout's "decayed vintage" aesthetic so much

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Every costume set so far has come with at least four and, if he didn't know about the San's costume (but he says he knew about the music track before E3), it makes me think that the fourth Mii costume is someone with music. A Geno costume with music? Why?
That suggests to me that were getting a similar mii costume for Geno. Full body like Sans, and comes with Forest Mushrooms.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That suggests to me that were getting a similar mii costume for Geno. Full body like Sans, and comes with Forest Mushrooms.
That idea has been pitched but my issues with it are:

-Why didn't they just release this with Hero then, especially in the light that Hero and Banjo were "done" around the same time? If Sans with music was ready around the time Sakurai recorded Hero's presentation, why wasn't Geno?

-No Smash 4 costumes have been upgraded except in the sense of becoming playable and, even then, the only adjustments these costumes have gotten are slightly better graphics.

-It still begs the question of what Square Enix characters would come with three SMRPG costumes and Chocobo if Final Fantasy is hypothetically off the table and Sora's a whole other situation (likely copyrighted under Disney in Smash)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom