• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh no... You read it here first folks. Duke Nukem's coming for everyones' grass in Ultimate. :eek::2gud:

Just messin'. :denzel:

I wish to all a wonderful weekend Genobros (and spectators ;))!
I am for sure going to have a wonderful weekend between the Funko Pop Fantastic Four line alledgedly releasing tomorrow and the X-Men DLC coming to UA3 this monday or potentially earlier.

Really hyped about the Invisible Woman/Doctor Doom Funkos and my man Gambit on the Switch.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
>They say one of the characters on the "nope" list

Goku is in, boys
I'm not saying that everything GameXplain says is literally the opposite but it's pretty telling when the names that pop up in their Smash Speculation videos are names that have extremely low confidence for the near future in insider circles like Sora, Rex and Pyra, and, dare I say, Doom Guy (but I've already talked about this for the past month and half so...). If any of these characters are coming, everything we currently know says "not anytime soon if at all." This goes for other characters that regularly come up in GameXplain videos like promotional characters for Sword and Shield, Three Homestyle Potatoes, and Astral Chain, Gooigi, Travis, Kos-Mos, and Arle.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
But, like, watch this video too:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vOCVtewVNlw&t=1385s

Their predictions for #5 in this video are Geno, Rex and Pyra, Kos-Mos, Ryu, and Travis. It should also be noted that they did the almost seemingly impossible and got everything wrong in this video. For an almost hour long video of pure speculation, that's incredibly impressive. Yes, I do think they play coy a lot but the two recent videos I shared are where they are absolutely over the top with it.
It's as if they don't have insider info.
Remember when this board freaked out anytime Jom said something?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tbf, I freaked out when Gamexplain chose Pauline as their number one most wanted female character in Smash since I am a huge Pauline supporter and seeing support from her after months literally dealing with people around Discord who destroyed my existence for wanting her and Saber at all felt satisfying.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
>Manages to somehow get literally everything wrong about the VGAs in a 50 minute video.

>Gets caught correctly saying that the VGAs wouldn't have a Smash reveal a week in advance despite literally everyone else hearing there probably would be one.

25a.jpg

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I wonder if something changed behind the scenes last minute at the VGAs. Nothing from Gameexplain's video happened, various insider rumblings fell through, it was very late until any insider had any word that Smash wasn't happening, Nintendo tweets about the awards only for 3 Switch games to be shown, none that were Nintendo's IPs, Smash wins but in the preshow and then nothing.

We know plans were changed for the show with Valve dropping out and KH Remind's trailer accidentally being released earlier. But perhaps there's more to this. The show was also very lackluster and ad-filled, even for an award show.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like I said, I think GameXplain is coy a little too much nowadays to the point that the cracks are showing. They often break Nintendo news sooner than pretty much any other news source so, even if you're a total skeptic on my last couple of posts, you have to acknowledge that they have better "ins" then a vast majority of other people. Again, knowing the VGAs wouldn't have a Smash reveal a week in advance and not so subtly making a joke borderline identical to all the other jokes told made on Twitter the scope of the year when it came to Nintendo presentations that obviously wouldn't have Smash reveals like that weird Dragalia Direct during the summer is like pinnacle cheekiness. I do kind of feel bad for Jon because S*** took a wink, wink, nudge, nudge to other insiders and turned it into a hominahominahomina AWOOOOOOOGA on Twitter within minutes of it being posted.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I do kind of feel bad for Jon because S*** and took a wink, wink, nudge, nudge to other insiders and turned it into a hominahominahomina AWOOOOOOOGA on Twitter within minutes of it being posted.
This is the greatest analogy I've read in weeks.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Like I said, I think GameXplain is coy a little too much nowadays to the point that the cracks are showing. They often break Nintendo news sooner than pretty much any other news source so, even if you're a total skeptic on my last couple of posts, you have to acknowledge that they have better "ins" then a vast majority of other people. Again, knowing the VGAs wouldn't have a Smash reveal a week in advance and not so subtly making a joke borderline identical to all the other jokes told made on Twitter the scope of the year when it came to Nintendo presentations that obviously wouldn't have Smash reveals like that weird Dragalia Direct during the summer is like pinnacle cheekiness. I do kind of feel bad for Jon because S*** and took a wink, wink, nudge, nudge to other insiders and turned it into a hominahominahomina AWOOOOOOOGA on Twitter within minutes of it being posted.
So with all this, and what you've recently said about GameXplain, being said...

what's your take on their discussion on the Cacodemon (potential) leak?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Like I said, I think GameXplain is coy a little too much nowadays to the point that the cracks are showing. They often break Nintendo news sooner than pretty much any other news source so, even if you're a total skeptic on my last couple of posts, you have to acknowledge that they have better "ins" then a vast majority of other people. Again, knowing the VGAs wouldn't have a Smash reveal a week in advance and not so subtly making a joke borderline identical to all the other jokes told made on Twitter the scope of the year when it came to Nintendo presentations that obviously wouldn't have Smash reveals like that weird Dragalia Direct during the summer is like pinnacle cheekiness. I do kind of feel bad for Jon because S*** and took a wink, wink, nudge, nudge to other insiders and turned it into a hominahominahomina AWOOOOOOOGA on Twitter within minutes of it being posted.
How’s that Mii Costume list looking? Still good or nah?

D

Deleted member

Those are still in play and if anything the "lol, nope" list pushed the idea that spirit promotions and assist trophy promotions will probably be taken a lot more seriously than was originally thought. In other words, to my surprise, none of the characters were spirits or assist trophies. Granted, that doesn't mean everyone's back on the table but it provides more evidence that spirits and even assist trophies weren't the total death sentences we originally thought they were.

Add in: Also, Gooigi was the only first party character on the "lol, nope" list so that's weirdly comforting.
So Geno and Rex/Pyra? Maybe Isaac? *crosses fingers*
Recently, they've talked about Geno potentially being #5 which is an idea that even this thread has open mouthed laughed at since like August. No, what I mean is if someone, especially Jon, says something like "I think Kos-Mos is going to be 5" that's when I'm like:

View attachment 253993

This is why I'm also super incredulous that they're pushing Rex and Pyra extra hard for example because, given their super close relationship with Nintendo, flat out saying those things would be a leak and, when it comes to leakers, their ass is grass and Nintendo is the lawnmower.
Oh... Well that doesn't mean they can't happen! Even if you think they won't you're just speculating and I doubt anyone knows everything about the post-pass DLC currently. That is if what you're saying turns out to be true of course which could happen and could also not happen.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
So Geno and Rex/Pyra? Maybe Isaac? *crosses fingers*

Oh... Well that doesn't mean they can't happen! Even if you think they won't you're just speculating and I doubt anyone knows everything about the post-pass DLC currently. That is if what you're saying turns out to be true of course which could happen and could also not happen.
Hey! nice to see you again :D

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
*crosses all my fingers and toes for Andy to be one of the promoted characters*

Assuming this actually pans out of course. Geno's cool too. As is my 2nd most wanted Isaac.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Seriously dude... do you have anything against Three Houses or Fire Emblem in general? Concidering that game is the one that you rename all the freaking time....
Three Hamburgers? No, it's just funny to me. Used to accidentally call Three Houses Three Thrones and it just kind of took off from there. I like to say the names of games dumb like Breath of the Wild 2: Link Discovers the Coffee Creamer is Expired but **** It, He Ain't Drinking that **** Black because it gives me an old, rapidly dying man some iota of joy. I actually love Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Seriously dude... do you have anything against Three Houses or Fire Emblem in general? Concidering that game is the one that you rename all the freaking time....
To be fair, I do that a bit as well. +95 Degrees Brooch: More-than-two-but-less-than-four Flats is a fun name to mess around with.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Three Hamburgers? No, it's just funny to me. Used to accidentally call Three Houses Three Thrones and it just kind of took off from there. I like to say the names of games dumb like Breath of the Wild 2: Link Discovers the Coffee Creamer is Expired but **** It, He Ain't Drinking that **** Black because it gives me an old, rapidly dying man some iota of joy. I actually love Fire Emblem.
If you say so. But I think you can understand why someone cat bat an eye about it....

Also, about the 3H and AC part... I find it odd that you haven¨t even consider it odd that Astral Chain and Fire Emblem never got spirits when games like Deus X and Pokemon got it... unless we are getting rep from AC and FE, I don¨t see any reason not to include them in the time frame like they did with DXM and Sw/Sh spirits for example

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Did you post a recipe for baked pumpkins once, or am I thinking of someone else?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How’s that Mii Costume list looking? Still good or nah?
Pretty good considering the source. The Mii costume list and Terry's spirit board came from the same guy so getting all those things right from pure, off the cuff bull****ing is definitely one in a million.

So with all this, and what you've recently said about GameXplain, being said...

what's your take on their discussion on the Cacodemon (potential) leak?
The NoA ambassador used to tell us that if GameXplain reported on a rumor, there was a really high chance that it had some sort of truth behind it. Not necessarily 100% true but GameXplain isn't in the game of shoveling dog****. They care a lot about their credibility so, in that vein, they only report on credible rumors. That said, Cacomallow could still be fake but some aspect of it could "coincidentally" be true.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Yeah, I think the whole melee weapon thing would be a cool foil to Geno's guns. The current art we have so far looks like he's got some pretty sharp claws, his sword of course, maybe some retractible elbow blades, and he could possibly launch daggers from his arms and feet. Imagine how cool it would look to have him throw a kick and have daggers shoot from the heel or something.
Griselda and I actually discussed some of this in these two posts. I think with how the jester boots are currently designed, hiding daggers might be a bit extra, but a heel spur flechette or an under-forefoot concealed blade could work if we get him to do some kicks (though he’d be a highly visible ninja with these concealed weapons everywhere lol)

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I highly doubt Rex being playable, considering he was a brand new mii costume.

However, someone had brought up a post on gamefaqs in the newcomer thread where they had indicated a potential Geno fan might get upset over the inclusion of the next character.

I guess including Rex as character would be a pretty good way to rub the Geno crowd the wrong way. Lol especially considering Rex would have had been a mii costume for literally like a year and received a promotion.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If you say so. But I think you can understand why someone cat bat an eye about it....

Also, about the 3H and AC part... I find it odd that you haven¨t even consider it odd that Astral Chain and Fire Emblem never got spirits when games like Deus X and Pokemon got it... unless we are getting rep from AC and FE, I don¨t see any reason not to include them in the time frame like they did with DXM and Sw/Sh spirits for example
I mean, do consider it weird but I'm largely going off what I've heard in the last year. Nothing has ever come up for purely promotional characters in the insider circles I've been involved with. Doesn't mean it won't happen, I just doubt it. Again, people still LOL YOU ****IN' FRAAAAAAAUUUUUUUD me about being wrong with my own speculation on Hero so it's always been kind of take it or leave it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, do consider it weird but I'm largely going off what I've heard in the last year. Nothing has ever come up for purely promotional characters in the insider circles I've been involved with. Doesn't mean it won't happen, I just doubt it. Again, people still LOL YOU ****IN' FRAAAAAAAUUUUUUUD me about being wrong with my own speculation on Hero so it's always been kind of take it or leave it.
Say, Fatmanonice, who do you think will be the next DLC fighters, and where among the next DLC fightes do you think Geno, if he is in, will be in? Also, while we are at it, any thoughts or hearing about Crash?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Say, Fatmanonice, who do you think will be the next DLC fighters, and where among the next DLC fightes do you think Geno, if he is in, will be in? Also, while we are at it, any thoughts or hearing about Crash?
If he heard who FP5 was, I’m pretty sure he isn’t allowed to say who it is.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Kind of offtopic, but I’m curious on what your thoughts is on this.

Remember when you said that you thought that Reimu had little chance for Smash? Apparently, 5 doujin circles were asked, and 4 of them said that they have also heard the same rumor peddled by the leaker as well (About the music for Smash). Not only that, but one of the main arguments against it (too many music tracks) was completely obliterated by Terrys pack. (Not to mention the whole piggybacking argument was already debunked as well)

She obviously isn’t FP5, but do you still believe that she has little to no chance for post pass considering all of this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom