• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
You were warned for censor-dodging, because the screenshot that you included had an uncensored F-bomb in it before I hastily edited it out. (I didn't want to delete it because it could still be discussed) It had nothing to do with the rest of the content of the Discord conversation.
Yeah I understand. I didn't see that part of the screenshot. It's fair

D

Deleted member

My interpretation of the new rules is that we have a strict NO AD HOMINEM ATTACKS and NO DEEP SPECULATION OF OTHER CHARACTERS UNLESS IT'S PERTINENT TO GENO.

Other than that, this is a Geno Speculation Thread. As in, we should be able to talk speculation with respect to Geno, but that should still be able to include info sources, their reliability, etc. Otherwise, what's the point? It's perfectly possible to explore such things in a respectful manner. For example, Doomguy in the context of the Cacomallow leak is still pertinent to Geno, hence it shouldn't be taboo to talk about how his inclusion would impact Geno should be revealed as fighter 5 or 6.
I mean, we've got a COPPA+youtube problem here, all of a sudden - a vaguely defined rule that based on absolute subjectivity could be broken at any time. In my opinion virtually any character can be in some way related to Geno's chances, but if someone wanted to come by and flex their ego on a chain of speculation, nothing can stop them. I don't blame these guys for feeling like we're walking a tightrope just by existing, seeing as how literally every one of us was punished for nearly 24 hours due to getting derailed by like 3 or 4 easily identifiable people.

There's an obvious point where three pages are spent talking about [character who isn't Geno] but if this:
Saying this quick and I am done and moving on. I think the info Fatman heard was akin to Dovahkiin. There was that little tease for them in the Elder Scrolls online game. If we think about Geno is good, but a fan base would be getting bad news, it lines up for Doom Guy. However, that did not happen.
is worrying Augustus that he's going too off topic when a Bethesda character in general is related to Geno because of the Mallowdemon leak, I think you get my vibe.

It isn't anyone's fault in here if you can't keep up with a 2059 page thread that kind of fully details why virtually every character is in some way shape or form related to Geno's chances due to the extreme circumstances he's in as the only character demanded by fans for longer than some posters in here have been alive STILL not in the game as anything but a PNG, a straight downgrade from his dismal representation in Smash 4. The spirits a character comes with can in some way be extrapolated to mean something for Geno. You disallow stuff like that and you're disallowing the soul of the thread, full stop.

Firox

Smash Master
Just getting tired of leakers making jokes and being super vauge on purpose. I am fine on just saying they arent in or just i dont know. I honestly prefer that thennsaying they may be.

Also prefer that to sayong who is in for sure. I like surprises
Basically, none of the "leakers" or info brokers can be trusted at this point. Most of them don't know anything but are pretending like they do. We're pretty much totally in the dark unless we get a juicy datamine, video leak or official Nintendo slip up.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Man, I sure love talking about just Geno and only Geno and never deviating from Geno because COPPA's Star Road team said only SMRPG is allowed. This picture, which features a Geno hat btw, really sells the idea that Geno is, and always will be, the only thing allowed on this thread from here on out.
1575821526087.png

zferolie

Smash Hero
Basically, none of the "leakers" or info brokers can be trusted at this point. Most of them don't know anything but are pretending like they do. We're pretty much totally in the dark unless we get a juicy datamine, video leak or official Nintendo slip up.
I mean i kinda like how in the dark we are, as the hype of the surprise will be legendary. Still it seems to be really messing up the smash community

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Despite no character reveal for TGA, I’m hoping that going forward, it increases Geno’s likelihood by that much.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I made this when the thread was locked.
WhenGenoThreadGetsDerailedByDrama.png

We're back on the kitchen, let's make some Geno memes baby!
Way ahead of you!
Man, I sure love talking about just Geno and only Geno and never deviating from Geno because COPPA's Star Road team said only SMRPG is allowed. This picture, which features a Geno hat btw, really sells the idea that Geno is, and always will be, the only thing allowed on this thread from here on out.View attachment 252846
Oh, it's so obvious! I would have never thought of that!

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Alright guys, even though we didn’t get a reveal, things are still looking up for geno.
I really hope we can get a direct this month though..

Firox

Smash Master
I mean i kinda like how in the dark we are, as the hype of the surprise will be legendary. Still it seems to be really messing up the smash community
I totally agree. The important thing is that people need to stop hanging on these "leakers'" every word, especially when they ironically don't say anything of value anyway. Those that really know what will happen are legally bound to withhold the info and all the others are just pining for attention. Don't give it to them.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I mean, we've got a COPPA+youtube problem here, all of a sudden - a vaguely defined rule that based on absolute subjectivity could be broken at any time. In my opinion virtually any character can be in some way related to Geno's chances, but if someone wanted to come by and flex their ego on a chain of speculation, nothing can stop them. I don't blame these guys for feeling like we're walking a tightrope just by existing, seeing as how literally every one of us was punished for nearly 24 hours due to getting derailed by like 3 or 4 easily identifiable people.

There's an obvious point where three pages are spent talking about [character who isn't Geno] but if this:

is worrying Augustus that he's going too off topic when a Bethesda character in general is related to Geno because of the Mallowdemon leak, I think you get my vibe.

It isn't anyone's fault in here if you can't keep up with a 2059 page thread that kind of fully details why virtually every character is in some way shape or form related to Geno's chances due to the extreme circumstances he's in as the only character demanded by fans for longer than some posters in here have been alive STILL not in the game as anything but a PNG, a straight downgrade from his dismal representation in Smash 4. The spirits a character comes with can in some way be extrapolated to mean something for Geno. You disallow stuff like that and you're disallowing the soul of the thread, full stop.
I hope it was not read like that haha. I only meant as "This is what I thought it was" Not "Oh S*** I am scared and I have to say this quick before I bite the bullet"

I think we have more freedom then we think. Obviously, we can't detract too much, but there is a lot of info out there that ultimately (Hehehe) is tagged with Geno. I was just tired of talking about that particular thing is all. I am here to stay and will be here for our Star boy's arrival!

Last edited:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
wow, this place is gonna be hella boring now that you are only and only about to talk about Geno like an echo chamber :/ Its gonna be the same stuff over and iver
These are unfortunate times, I always saw our discussions about other characters as "good luck" vibes.

(and since DLC characters come with spirit boards, Geno's is easy, just throw in some SMRPG characters like Jonathan Jones, Booster, or ya boi Boshi!)

Ender1645

Smash Cadet
View attachment 252579

For those who don't want to click the link.

For me, I'd do:
1. Geno
2. Doomguy
3. Bandana Dee (i want him too, win/win)
4. Karate Joe or Rhythm Girl, either one
5. Pappy Van Poodle
Now that the thread is back I can finally say this

Mine would for like this:
1. Doom Slayer
2. Geno
3. Dante or Reimu
4. Does a Resident Evil character count now? If so that.
5. Bandana Waddle Dee

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty after that disappointment we prolly should keep a salt cube, not just a grain of salt, in our pockets whenever we read about any leaks and rumors. We should be able to form some from our fellow Smash fans tears from yesterday. Nice to see you all again!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's not like every single character is going to effect Geno's chances. If a Square-Enix character is included in a reliable leak, then that might impact his chances for the worse. If Doomguy is announced (or leaked) with a Cacodemon hat that looks like the one from the Mallow/Cacodemon Mii hat leak, then that impacts his chances for the better.

If KOS-MOS is rumoured or announced for the fifth Fighters Pass character, then that has nothing to do with Geno whatsoever beyond the extremely broad/general idea that there would be less DLC characters left as a result. Talk about KOS-MOS could be taken to the dedicated KOS-MOS thread, the Newcomer Speculation thread, etc., but it has nothing to do with Geno, so why would it need to be talked about here?

Check the user name; it's a troll account.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
OR if you guys get bored of this thread, I would suggest hanging out in the newcomer speculation thread, I hang out in both and a lot of awesome people are there.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Alright, it's that time again: Time for another general update regarding where we are in terms of speculation, rumors and leaks, specifically those pertaining to our boy. While The Game Awards has not revealed anything in terms of Smash Bros (aside from Smash Ultimate being awarded Best Fighting Game), some new information has dropped recently that deserves a thorough look through. So without further ado, let's get into it. As a reminder, a (+) indicates a point in it's favor that has little to nothing that calls it into question, a (~) indicates information that is either unconfirmed or of a dubious nature, and a (-) indicates information that directly calls it's legitimacy into question. Enjoy the updated list! :ultridley:
MiiCostumeList1.png

This list was posted on the 19th of July via Discord. It was sent to PapaGenos, as well a few other unidentified individuals, by an anonymous individual who we'll refer to as "The Source". The Source provided a list of 7 names which they claim refer to upcoming Mii Fighter costumes. As of the 12th of December, it has been clarified that the Mallow/Smithy names listed are for two separate costumes.
-= Points =-
+ 4 of the 7 costumes on this list have been confirmed for the game. Easily the biggest thing this list has going for it, if you ask me. Of specific note are the names Goemon and Rocket Grunt, which are incredibly off the wall names that few people would've been able to guess.
+ The Source had also released a second list of names, which upon further investigation was found to have been a list of Terry's DLC Spirits. This has been proven 100% correct, which bodes well for the legitimacy of this post.
~ The Source has, according to PapaGenos, provided him with credible information in the past. That information being that The Luminary from Dragon Quest 11 would be coming to Smash. This is notable since most insiders were claiming the DQ character would be Erdrick. He also supported the idea that Banjo was coming to Smash.
~ If the CacoMallow post is confirmed true, then that bumps up the number of confirmed costumes to 5 out of 7.
~ In early-mid October, he has made the claim that Crash Bandicoot would be coming to Smash, though this claim has been contested by other insiders such as Sabi and IAmShifty. It's worth noting that "The Source" didn't specify if Crash would be Fighter Pass 5, just that he was coming.
~ According to Sabi, The Source is notorious amongst them for being a troll. This doesn't necessarily mean this info isn't real, but it does raise the possibility that it could be, although it's not as likely given how it's gotten over half of the names it guessed correctly.
~ While The Source got 4 Mii Costumes correct, he didn't mention Sans' Costume. This could be due to the low number of people who would've had to work to get Sans' Costume into Ultimate, since the fewer people you have to work with, the less likely it is that it'll be leaked.
MiiCostumeList2.png

This list was posted on the 28th of October via Discord. It was sent to PapaGenos, as well a few other unidentified individuals, by the same person who provided the Mii Costume List, The Source as we have been referring to him. Initially, it was believed to have been another Mii Costume list in the same vein as the one he posted prior, as evidenced by the referral to "Classic SNK Costumes". Since Terry's Mii Costumes were revealed to have not matched up with the list, it was assumed to have been fake. However, thanks to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice for requesting clarification, it's been revealed that these names were actually of Terry's DLC Spirits list. The confusion comes from the fact that, with both of The Source's posts, there was no specifications given as to what these names were for. This lead The Source to assume that this second list was for Terry's set of Mii Costumes.
-= Points =-
+ This list comes from the same source as the Mii Costume list, which as correctly guessed 4 out of the 7 names it listed.
+ This list, after some initial confusion, has been revealed to have been for Terry's DLC Spirits Board. As such, it can be confirmed as 100% correct. Geese Howard, Haomaru, Nakoruru and Kyo Kusanagi are present as spirits, Athena Asamiya and Ralf & Clark, classic SNK characters, are present as well, and as the list noted, there were most cerainly more names than what this list presented.
1572848718133.png

This image, as well as the two acompanying videos, were posted to 4chan's /v/ board on the 4th of November. The image and video details what appears to be two unreleased Mii Fighter costumes, more specifically Mii Fighter hats of Mallow from Super Mario RPG as well as a Cacodemon from DOOM. Nobody knows who posted these videos and the image, as nobody has come forward as of the writing of this post.
-= Points =-
+ As most Smash Ultimate modders would attest, it is a somewhat difficult task to not only make such high quality costumes, but to also get them to run in-game without breaking or looking off. According to twitter user @Miguel92398 in this tweet chain:
"But the hard part was not the model but rather the texture. I can't compress the texture due to it being over the compression size. So I posterize it to make it lower."
+ In spite of many claims to the contrary, nobody thus far has been capable of accurately replicating what is shown in these videos. There have been attempts to recreate the Cacodemon Hat from the video, but none have been able to accurately recreate the hat in the image and videos.
CacodemonHatComparison.png

Left: CacoMallow post
Middle: Recreation A, done in blender
Right: Recreation B, in-engine mod
~ The hats are very detailed and high quality. While it's entirely possible that this is an indication of them being real, it's also possible, though less likely, that dedicated enough fans could accurately replicate this, considering the trouble that @Miguel92398 had trying to get his Mallow Hat mod looking right.
~ The timer in the top-right corner is stopped at 2 minutes and 30 seconds. This is consistent with a prior image leak of Ken from Street Fighter, who is coincidentally also in the image and video, in the same pose no less. While they are similar, it's also possible, assuming this is fake, that this was done deliberately by the faker in order to make the images and hats seem more legitimate.
~ Sabi has contacted one of her sources to ask about the hats, and while they believe them to most likely be faked, they could not definitively prove or disprove their legitimacy at this time.

I'm sure I may be missing some things, so let me know what I've missed and I'll be sure to include it in my next upade post.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I’m thinking of making a social thread for Geno fans if the mods allow it. Would any of you join?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Here is something to share. While the thread was locked, another SilvaGunner Geno track was made, and it's rather nice.

link2702

Smash Champion
Yeah, think I’m gonna probably do the same as forsakenM.

While I’ve tried mostly to keep on topic, things seem to be headed towards a very restrictive point here due to a few bad apples. So I’ll probably only post now if something big comes up, or to update my progress on the no armor run of smrpg(still grinding atm in forest maze cuz it’s hard as hell, seriously people try this challenge if you want some difficulty in smrpg...there’s my part keeping it on topic). It’s a shame it’s come to this, while I understand the mods stance since a few folks were just getting way out of hand, to have restrictions on everyone this harsh feels a little bit...well...harsh. Nothing that can be done though I suppose.

Y’all can find me in discord as well, under a different name(you’ll know me when you see me). Later folks.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm fairly confident we will see Geno as either the first or second character at the latest for Season 2 of DLC. The Mii costumes leaked from a while back have yet to be debunked fully, so I'm optimistic for him

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
These are unfortunate times, I always saw our discussions about other characters as "good luck" vibes.

(and since DLC characters come with spirit boards, Geno's is easy, just throw in some SMRPG characters like Jonathan Jones, Booster, or ya boi Boshi!)
If you want to wish fans of other characters good luck, then you can go to the discussion threads for those characters and wish them good luck there.

Firox

Smash Master
I mean, when it comes to getting off topic, I'm thinking stuff like:

-Ranting about the state of Pokemon
-Irrational hate for BLANK character
-Talking about character movesets that aren't for Geno
-Campaigning for characters besides Geno
-Talking about real life drama
-Bashing people instead of ideas

Anything else pertinent to Geno and Smash Bros speculation should be fair game. That's how I see it, anyway.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
D

Deleted member

It's not like every single character is going to effect Geno's chances. If a Square-Enix character is included in a reliable leak, then that might impact his chances for the worse. If Doomguy is announced (or leaked) with a Cacodemon hat that looks like the one from the Mallow/Cacodemon Mii hat leak, then that impacts his chances for the better.

If KOS-MOS is rumoured or announced for the fifth Fighters Pass character, then that has nothing to do with Geno whatsoever beyond the extremely broad/general idea that there would be less DLC characters left as a result. Talk about KOS-MOS could be taken to the dedicated KOS-MOS thread, the Newcomer Speculation thread, etc., but it has nothing to do with Geno, so why would it need to be talked about here?
I think the lowest hanging fruit is the fact that there's plenty of text leaks out there that say KOS-MOS gets in and Geno never gets in? It's an inconvenient fact that Geno's in almost every "leak" ever constructed. He's excellent bait, guaranteed replies, etc. Even if it ends in ">trusting a /v/ post again", it's relevant discussion. I'd only go as far as to say a character isn't related to Geno when it's some obvious ****post like "Batman and Goku are coming to Smash, Geno's an assist trophy that comes with the Caterpillar from A Bug's Life"

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Listen, I know a lot of you hardly know me, so I’ll keep this brief.

With mods heavily restricting the thread, and the negativity that now surrounds it, I think it’s time I go back into hibernation.

I’ll be back whenever a Nintendo direct is announced or something. I’m not too happy with Smashboards currently, and just Smash speculation in general. I’m just ready to see this thing through and bounce (that thing being Geno’s inclusion in Smash).

If there’s like a Geno discord or something that a lot of you guys use pretty regularly, I’ll definitely join it.

So uh, see you guys later! I’ll be back soon I guess.
(Oh and uh, also ping me whenever Fatman makes his cool essay or when Glitch-E finishes that cool image they were talking about a little while ago).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know what would be the surefire way to getting a Geno social thread?

Him getting in Smash. Seems like a good goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom