• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Let me copy and paste one of his recent rants (he later called it this himself so it's not an insult) about people doubting his credibility:

"I think my favorite claim in there is "used to fake leaks"

Did I fake Metroid Prime 4's delay? How about the Smash code info in October? Mii costumes? Banjo, the 4 Hero alts, and Megalovania track? Konami collections (I did get 2 games out of the 3 lists wrong though)?"

These are just a few examples of things this guy has gotten right in the past year.
Unrelated, but what is your opinion on Vergebens latest kill list with Sol, Wright, Monokuma, ect?

And do u know whether or not S**i is looking into it?

zferolie

Smash Hero
It's fair enough that you believe that, but consider the fact that none of the other legitimate video leaks were ever taken down. As I said, doing so would solidify the leak while ignoring it leaves us to doubt and question it.....just like we're doing now. In the case of other companies, they always take down footage when it shows gameplay prior to the actual game's release. In this case, smash is already out, but it's a question of what content is coming and what's not. Besides, Nintendo has always been historically hit or miss when it comes to take downs. Just look at Youtube. Some people get slapped constantly while others skate free for the exact same offence.
I cant recall any other smash video leaks, other then the 3ds esrb one and wasnt that taken done right away?

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I don't doubt that, but I fear that it would split the fanbase in some ways, even if it would appear minuscule at first.

I think, at least for now, let's see how these new rules play out. It hasn't even been a day after all.
I just have this sinking feeling in my gut. We’re already losing people and we’ll probably lose even more. I really hope I’m wrong though

Firox

Smash Master
I cant recall any other smash video leaks, other then the 3ds esrb one and wasnt that taken done right away?
Which one was the esrb leak? Was that Shulk? Or was that Bowser Jr.? Then we have the Ken video too. That's at least 3 previous video leaks that ended up 100% legit. Also take note that we've only ever had those three video leaks in the first place. That 3/3 so far. If Cacomallow is fake, it'll be a first.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Maybe you guys should refrain from throwing poopy diaper tantrums until you give the rules a chance. They don’t seem anywhere near as strict as you guys think. If you’re genuinely upset that you can’t have several long pages of discussion on other characters you want, well that never should’ve been happening here in the first place. There are general threads for longform discussion on that and it is not the Geno thread’s problem if you don’t like those threads.

They said other characters can be talked about as long as it at least remotely relates to Geno, so I truly don’t see an issue.

Anyways, my money is on Geno being fighter 7 right now, but I could see 6 happening
I don't think people are "throwing poopy diaper tantrums" by being upset that they're being punished for things others came into the thread from the outside and did when this thread was well behaved throughout the ordeal and in general. We've had slip ups sure but last night was not on us so having people with the power to shut this thread down hold it over our heads and say they're watching everything WE do instead of just punishing guilty parties is frankly insulting. It's just an internet community we don't need people telling us how to use it properly when we already are doing fine most of the time. Sometimes we run out of stuff and do talk about stupid crap but that ends up being fun a lot of the time.

I do agree with the mods saying there are more ways to incorporate Geno into conversation and fuel positive projects with our zeal such as the Moveset/art contests. I think the mods have good intentions and want to be fair and allow us to have a healthy community and I understand that our collective tangential conversations are a little much but the cake vs pie thing was fun. Why can't we just talk to each other and joke around? That shouldn't be against the rules as long as we are respectful and generally keep the conversation related to smash on a website called Smashboards. "Poopy diaper tantrums" is not a respectful way to talk about your community. Maybe take the time to think about the way people are feeling instead. This is how drama gets created.

On another note, can we actually do some of those contests please? That sounds really fun!

domriver

Smash Lord
Off-topic/spam
I just had to put this regarding Sabi
1576274274446.png
anymore. LOL :p Anyways Fatman what does your inner feelings/intuition/crystalball tell you :D we getting a direct next week for smash? :D

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I don't think people are "throwing poopy diaper tantrums" by being upset that they're being punished for things others came into the thread from the outside and did when this thread was well behaved throughout the ordeal and in general. We've had slip ups sure but last night was not on us so having people with the power to shut this thread down hold it over our heads and say they're watching everything WE do instead of just punishing guilty parties is frankly insulting. It's just an internet community we don't need people telling us how to use it properly when we already are doing fine most of the time. Sometimes we run out of stuff and do talk about stupid crap but that ends up being fun a lot of the time.

I do agree with the mods saying there are more ways to incorporate Geno into conversation and fuel positive projects with our zeal such as the Moveset/art contests. I think the mods have good intentions and want to be fair and allow us to have a healthy community and I understand that our collective tangential conversations are a little much but the cake vs pie thing was fun. Why can't we just talk to each other and joke around? That shouldn't be against the rules as long as we are respectful and generally keep the conversation related to smash on a website called Smashboards. "Poopy diaper tantrums" is not a respectful way to talk about your community. Maybe take the time to think about the way people are feeling instead. This is how drama gets created.

On another note, can we actually do some of those contests please? That sounds really fun!
I am 100% down for the contests. We could have like a stage concept contest

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let me copy and paste one of his recent rants (he later called it this himself so it's not an insult) about people doubting his credibility:

"I think my favorite claim in there is "used to fake leaks"

Did I fake Metroid Prime 4's delay? How about the Smash code info in October? Mii costumes? Banjo, the 4 Hero alts, and Megalovania track? Konami collections (I did get 2 games out of the 3 lists wrong though)?"

These are just a few examples of things this guy has gotten right in the past year.
I can't help but think of a certain individual who will go unnamed when I see a leaker complain about people doubting their credibility, it just comes with the territory and it should be expected. "Used to fake leaks" stands out here because I was under the implication you were talking to the source of the source of that guy, not him, the one who provided the list originally.

It's a curious situation but I feel like you trust him on the discrepancy between characters/costumes so I'll file it under convenient to my desires.

Grumbo

Smash Ace

This is exactly why I think we need a social thread for the community.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just have this sinking feeling in my gut. We’re already losing people and we’ll probably lose even more. I really hope I’m wrong though
I can see how that is a disheartening thing, but I am hopeful things will turn out for the best in the long run. Can't say I have any proof of that, but it's a gut feeling, much like what you are having now. It's been less than a day.

D

Deleted member

User warned for trolling.
This thread got closed down recently, yes?

Maybe that should teach everyone a lesson. As much as you all would want your character, I definitely say that you should all keep your stuff under control. I swear one time, if you all get locked down again, I hope all of you would learn to not start flame wars over your character.

Firox

Smash Master
This is exactly why I think we need a social thread for the community.
We've got over 80 guest in the thread right now. I don't think we have to jump ship just yet. The vibes in here are slowly but surely going back to normal (minus the poo flinging).

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I dont know if I'm staying here as a regular. It all depends how restrictive things are gonna be.

At least we have the SNK spirits clarification that gave Geno's chances a nice boost
What is this "Spirits clarification" people are talking about?

I am not as mad at the leakers as I am at Nintendo for being so secretive and for giving us divisive characters instead of researching the characters people want. Smash team did so well with 3rd party picks at the start going with Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, Ryu, Cloud. Picks that are popping worldwide. Then they AT Bomberman which made no sense. He would have been a great addition. They tease the **** out of Rayman but don't add him. Then they give us characters like Joker that no one wanted. A lot of mistakes in the tail end of Smash Ultimate and with the FP. At least they got Banjo and Hero right. Bayonetta and Corrin were the Joker/Terry of Smssh 4 btw. Although Simon Belmont was a cool add. Everyone thought Nintendo had figured it out with Ridley, KRool, and Simon Belmont but then they went back to old ways.
I've talked about this argument with people like wynn before, and I'm going to repeat it again.

It is totally okay to find character picks disappointing. Heck, even though I am totally content with Ultimate's roster, there are still some characters I'd rather have. Unfortunately, however, Smash is never gonna have a perfect roster for all. There is always gonna he a character left out. And on the topic of Nintendo "researching characters people want." ...um... the Smash Ballot says hello. We got all character in Smash history returning, Ridley, Daisy, the Belmonts, Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, Isabelle, as well as Banjo & Kazooie BECAUSE of the Ballot. Sure, Sakurai COULD always pick someone like say Isaac and not Incineroar, or like Sora rather than Terry. ...but honestly, why should Sakurai do that? Not every character should be the most requested because then that'd get predictable and boring. I DO think a balance is important. Yes, getting the Ridleys, and the King K. Rools, and Banjo & Kazooies are definitely treats... but sometimes I like those Mr. Game & Watchs, and those R.O.B.s, and Duck Hunts, and Terrys, etc. I feel like those wacky WTF make Smash great. The fact that Nut only big shots like Mega Man can get in, but also smaller franchises like Pikmin or Xenoblade Chronicles. I think, in fact, that having smaller franchises not as requested is more representative of gaming as a whole. You can't always have huge juggernauts. Sometimes you gotta give a spotlight to the smaller guys.

Ultimately, I do understand the sentiment of wanting more fanservice. Your feelings aren't completely baseless and selfish or anything. But Sakurai has already given us so much (and we'll most likely get 2-3 more fanservice characters), that I just want the man to so what makes him happy. I say this constantly, but the man went to work with carpal tunnel and another time with a fricken' IV drip. THAT is him caring. As such, I want the man to love what he does and put in characters he also wants. He has said and shown that he loves to please us, but he also likes doing his own thing since Smash is his baby, ya know?

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

Maybe that should teach everyone a lesson. As much as you all would want your character, I definitely say that you should all keep your stuff under control. I swear one time, if you all get locked down again, I hope all of you would learn to not start flame wars over your character.
It’s not wise to come into the thread and talk like this. We are discussing Geno, and you’re being rude and disrespectful. The adult thing to do would to not even come here and make a comment. Also, you’re to tak about flame wars considering how much you cause problems in the newcomer thread with “I’m so depressed I want MAH female rep.” I’m reporting you, solely based on the fact you’re not here to discuss Geno, but to cause an issue.

anyway, I saw discussion of a stage for Geno. What would the design be

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Can somebody post the Mii hat leak video please? I think I remember a visual glitch on the Mallow hat when the Mii Brawler attacked Ken with dash attack that didn't happen when recreating it in training mode, butiIt was a while ago, and I only looked on my phone, where there wasn't a really good quality, and I cannot find it anymore.

Last edited:

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
Can somebody post the Mii hat leak video please? I think I remember a visual glitch on the Mallow hat when the Mii Brawler attacked Ken with dash attack that didn't happen when recreating it in training mode, butiIt was a while ago, and I only looked on my phone, where there wasn't a really good quality, and I cannot find it anymore.
It was not a glitch, it was the assist trophy.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I am not as mad at the leakers as I am at Nintendo for being so secretive and for giving us divisive characters instead of researching the characters people want. Smash team did so well with 3rd party picks at the start going with Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, Ryu, Cloud. Picks that are popping worldwide. Then they AT Bomberman which made no sense. He would have been a great addition. They tease the **** out of Rayman but don't add him. Then they give us characters like Joker that no one wanted. A lot of mistakes in the tail end of Smash Ultimate and with the FP. At least they got Banjo and Hero right. Bayonetta and Corrin were the Joker/Terry of Smssh 4 btw. Although Simon Belmont was a cool add. Everyone thought Nintendo had figured it out with Ridley, KRool, and Simon Belmont but then they went back to old ways.
>They tease the **** out of Rayman but don't add him

Literally when?

>Then they give us characters like Joker that no one wanted.

Uhh, wrong. This "fact" of yours is based of your opinion.

>A lot of mistakes in the tail end of Smash Ultimate and with the FP.
>Bayonetta and Corrin were the Joker/Terry of Smssh 4 btw.

Again, wrong. Your opinion, not facts.

You really have to learn that you're not the only one that's playing this game, a lot of different kinds of people do. You may not like Joker or Terry, and other people may not like Geno, everyone has different tastes of characters they want, and you can't expect Nintendo to please everyone. Also, saying that Nintendo doesn't give us characters that we "actually want" is already proven wrong because of the fact that we have Ridley and King K. Rool, 2 characters that pretty much got in because they did very well on the fighters ballot from Smash 4.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Do some research before making accusations. The thread got shut down because someone from Sabi's inner circle came in and started a personal flame war that had nothing to do with Geno, and others came in just to continue it afterwards. Not only was it not about Geno, it wasn't even the fault of the Geno thread. We were actually the ones who pinged the mods, asking them to come and stop it.

Firox

Smash Master
I'm picturing two possible stages.

The first would be the chandeliers from Bowser's castle. The platforms could rise and fall periodically, with the chain chomps being attackable. Once they take a certain amount of damage, the platform itself could fall off the bottom of the screen as the chomp lets go. After a couple of seconds, the platforms would respawn. You'd just have to have it where at least one platform is "unbreakable" at any given time so that you can't SD everyone on the map, albeit make things pretty claustrophobic.

The second would be forest maze. You fight atop a huge tree stump like in the battle with Bowyer. He'd be in the background shooting arrows that would occasionally rain down on the fighters. If you get hit, you'd be temporarily paralyzed (think ZZS charged blaster). Other platforms could slip in and out of the side of the stage like Hero's stage.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
Flaming

Just...what? This is definitely worth reporting. Just stick to the newcomer thread if you want to keep causing drama. You are literally trying to cause drama in this thread just to act all high and mighty over Geno supporters. Kinda pathetic tbh.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I'm picturing two possible stages.

The first would be the chandeliers from Bowser's castle. The platforms could rise and fall periodically, with the chain chomps being attackable. Once they take a certain amount of damage, the platform itself could fall off the bottom of the screen as the chomp lets go. After a couple of seconds, the platforms would respawn. You'd just have to have it where at least one platform is "unbreakable" at any given time so that you can't SD everyone on the map, albeit make things pretty claustrophobic.

The second would be forest maze. You fight atop a huge tree stump like in the battle with Bowyer. He'd be in the background shooting arrows that would occasionally rain down on the fighters. If you get hit, you'd be temporarily paralyzed (think ZZS charged blaster). Other platforms could slip in and out of the side of the stage like Hero's stage.
I love the idea of both of these. I want this so badly!

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

Did you just come in here just to cause more drama? Not only that but you seem to be blaming all the Geno supporters here for the thread closing down?
Not cool man...

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
It’s not wise to come into the thread and talk like this. We are discussing Geno, and you’re being rude and disrespectful. The adult thing to do would to not even come here and make a comment. Also, you’re to tak about flame wars considering how much you cause problems in the newcomer thread with “I’m so depressed I want MAH female rep. I’m reporting you, solely based on the fact you’re not here to discuss Geno, but to cause an issue.

Okay so on the topic of stages, I’ve posted before about how I’d hope Geno’s would be Bowser's Keep, so here’s my idea for how it’d work:

The stage begins in the room where you fight Bowser/Boomer, but on the floor. The two chandeliers hang down but they’re huge, enough room for 4 characters to fight comfortably. The sides of the stage at this point are walk offs. After some time, the chandeliers start to raise and the camera follows them. During the chandelier raising phase, the stage is fairly standard until eventually Boomer appears in the background and cuts down one of them (it’s random which it is). Once the chandelier reaches the roof it transitions to, well, the roof (maybe the roof shuts or something, idk, there’s more floor space now). Exor is in the background and occasionally fired attacks at the stage a la the Halberd combo cannon. Eventually this transitions into a rapid falling chandelier state and then back to the start.

What do you think?

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Okay so on the topic of stages, I’ve posted before about how I’d hope Geno’s would be Bowser's Keep, so here’s my idea for how it’d work:

The stage begins in the room where you fight Bowser/Boomer, but on the floor. The two chandeliers hang down but they’re huge, enough room for 4 characters to fight comfortably. The sides of the stage at this point are walk offs. After some time, the chandeliers start to raise and the camera follows them. During the chandelier raising phase, the stage is fairly standard until eventually Boomer appears in the background and cuts down one of them (it’s random which it is). Once the chandelier reaches the roof it transitions to, well, the roof (maybe the roof shuts or something, idk, there’s more floor space now). Exor is in the background and occasionally fired attacks at the stage a la the Halberd combo cannon. Eventually this transitions into a rapid falling chandelier state and then back to the start.

What do you think?
This is perfect!

Firox

Smash Master

What do you think?
Ooooh, I really like the Exor touch. I couldn't think of a great way to incorporate him but this does it nicely. Now we just need to add Smithy's battle theme and I've officially hyped myself into a tizzy.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If Geno had an alternate costume, how do you think it would be?
The classic ideas always seems to be to base the colors after each star or the gear Geno would get. I think it would be interesting(If unlikely) to get costumes that refrences other Mario RPG characters, even ones outside SMRPG. Not sure what they would be though.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
The classic ideas always seems to be to base the colors after each star or the items Geno would get. I think it would be interesting(If unlikely) to get costumes that refrences other Mario RPG characters, even ones outside SMRPG. Not sure what they would be though.
Red hat and cape + green wood for Fawful? That’d be sweet

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

That was anything but cool, girl. In fact, is post seems to be made as if you are trying to start trouble yourself, being as bad as the ones who started the fight in the first place, which was not us Geno fans, by the way. Next time, be wiser, do research, and don’t come here to start more trouble for any reason without proper knowledge of the situation. In fact, if you can’t say anything good, it’s better not to say anything at all.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Stop blaming us for something we didn't do. We don't need to keep anything under control. The morons starting flamewars are bandwagoners, not the people who actually frequent this thread.

Since you're just here to start trouble, I've also reported you. We were pinging the mods to actually do something about the situation, but they just let them wreak havoc.

Accusations from people like you that are only here to lecture us on something we didn't even cause in the first place is what caused this drama in the first place, and why people like me are leaving. We're tired of dealing with it.
I don’t want to give this any more exposure but I just want to voice my opinion that it is a bit absurd how we are the ones getting punished and the mods are allowing stuff like this which clearly is meant to ruffle feathers.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Red hat and cape + green wood for Fawful? That’d be sweet
That would be great. Maybe give the eyes a sort of Fawful touch as well, if possible. Personally, I would love if they gave him a Vivian color. It would give him a dark look(Which is a nice color to have for a character) and the traits of Vivian are easy enough to transfer over. Make his hat and cape a similar red and white, make his little hair tuffs pink, and turn the whole body to a darker wood. I think it would fit well.

Firox

Smash Master
Alright, people, let's just take a breath. The troll that popped in has been identified and reported. They know it, we know it. Let's move on and stop giving them attention. It's not a big deal.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Alright, people, let's just take a breath. The troll that popped in has been identified and reported. They know it, we know it. Let's move on and stop giving them attention. It's not a big deal.
Sorry. Just felt like I had to say something.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Hey the thread received a Come Back (Thank You! *badass armfold nod*)

A few topics I wanted to discuss:

What do you think?
Actually this works quite nicely especially from a chronological perspective. I was wondering though would there be any possibility of having a touch of Smithy’s Factory using Exor as a transition in and of itself? Not sure how we’d do the Factory -> Inner Bowser Keep transition apart from getting ejected out in vein of the opening cinematic lol

Would a stage gimmick involving locking standard or special attacks be seen as too disruptive? It brings in the essence of the original boss battle, and we can still keep the arrow volleys for the stage

On the topic of Geno art, I probably should go true on my word to try putting Geno into a magical girl outfit and a princess outfit but yay night shifts >.>

Sort of lost in the deluge of posts a week back, but I was wondering if Mallow could do a PK Supporting Cast and support Geno in his FS by performing a Star Rain before the main event Geno Blast into Geno Flash...?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I was just about to say this too. We've had plenty of responses, so it's best to just leave it at this point.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
What's happening here is the equivalent of your older sibling picking the lock to your door, coming in, and dumping water all over you while you sleep, and you end up being the one punished because you were careless enough to get the sheets wet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom