• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Mid December directs (especially for Smash) are not unheard of, but I'm guessing we're getting the reveal with a regular direct in January.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
As far as I'm aware, we still don't have any real evidence as to who fighter #5 is. The bad news is that I'm fairly confident that Geno WON'T be fighter 5, however, I am pretty confident that he will be among the first 2 or 3 of the next fighters pass. Also, when we do get a direct, chances will be very high that we get at least a double reveal.
Yeah we really seem to be in the dark about them right now, which is fine! That’s what makes speculation fun. I would expect Geno to be early in the next wave definitely

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
In all seriousness, I do think that it'd be a wise (and fun!) idea to do activities and other fun events centered around Geno, or Super Mario RPG in relation to Geno, in order to keep folks here from feeling burnt out on saying the same things over and over again. I've been working towards getting a cosplay prepared (cape is ready, just working on Hat now!), but additionally, I do art occasionally, and could happily contribute to a contest or holiday event or what have you. I've also toyed around with making music, so I might even suggest a little remix contest for those of us who can work with that kind of material.

There's lots of creative ways to proceed, I think, and they all seem very fun. I'll do my part to support our dude in blue. :ultduckhunt:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Welcome back geno thread. The mosmos thread had some trolls too, but seems like you guys got hit the hardest. Sorry to hear. I have a feeling trolls are gonna keep hitting all of smash fandom because of how... sad to say, intense at times. We are easy targets and 4chan and gamefaws know that. Dont let them get to you.

I think Geno is a 100% as i have said, the question is when. I see him being sometime in The post fighter pass, same for Shantae. Those 2 spirits i feel are a 100% chance. We just need to wait till when they are ready

AugustusB

Smash Champion
In all seriousness, I do think that it'd be a wise (and fun!) idea to do activities and other fun events centered around Geno, or Super Mario RPG in relation to Geno, in order to keep folks here from feeling burnt out on saying the same things over and over again. I've been working towards getting a cosplay prepared (cape is ready, just working on Hat now!), but additionally, I do art occasionally, and could happily contribute to a contest or holiday event or what have you. I've also toyed around with making music, so I might even suggest a little remix contest for those of us who can work with that kind of material.

There's lots of creative ways to proceed, I think, and they all seem very fun. I'll do my part to support our dude in blue. :ultduckhunt:
Absolutely agree. I finally got my music maker fixed and am eager to get something going!

IDK why, but I want to try to make a more toned down Rose Town theme. Like, what would it sound like at night? More dream like? I have plans :)

valkiriforce

Smash Ace

Came back at just the right time!

I do have a simple drawing of Geno I did recently which I'd like to touch-up before sharing here. Welcome back everybody!

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

A fanart contest would be nice :3 good luck with your cosplay tho

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, because it is a Square and Nintendo thing, how are people feeling about Bravely Default 2 being announced? I will admit, the combination of Nintendo and Square announcing something initally gave me a heart attack.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

More fanart is always appreciated :) That's one of the reasons why I keep coming back to this thread.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So, because it is a Square abd Nintendo thing, how are people feeling about Bravely Default 2 being announced? I will admit, the combination of Nintendo and Square announcing something initally gave me a heart attack.
Yeah my heart stopped for a second XD I’ve never played the Bravely games before but it looks cool! Maybe if people keep buying Square’s traditional style RPGs they’ll actually do something with Super Mario RPG

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
So, because it is a Square abd Nintendo thing, how are people feeling about Bravely Default 2 being announced? I will admit, the combination of Nintendo and Square announcing something initally gave me a heart attack.
It's definitely good to see them all buddy buddy, only fairs well for Geno's chances!

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Alright, Geno Thread we're opening you back up under very strict rules. The drama that has plagued this thread for weeks now is officially against the rules. Discussion on characters that aren't or don't effect Geno, is against the rules. The Mod staff will be keeping a very close eye on this thread from now on. Just have fun, and be kind.
This is fair. The thread was already a social thread with people talking about anything but Geno. Hopefully this changes things for the better.

Anyway, we didn't get an announcement at the VGA (suspected that was the case as the bad thing Fatman mentioned, but oh well...)

Time to wait for a direct, and the only one I see happening is until January since I doubt Nintendo would release one with the year almost done.

Hopefully we get positive Geno news by then.

:bowser::starman:.

D

Deleted member

Mid December directs (especially for Smash) are not unheard of, but I'm guessing we're getting the reveal with a regular direct in January.
They may as well be unheard of, since looking at the archives, there have only been three "Directs" in December and one was the Final Video Presentation for Smash 4. It's funny, because for two years there, it was a trend, swiftly broken.

With Ultimate, there were two dedicated directs two months after a normal direct, but since the game wasn't out and there was plenty of content, that was sensible. There is always the potential of a Direct Mini, I think those are a bit slept on. Pains me to say it but if we don't hear about something next week, they're legitimately making us wait until January.

As for Fatman's genuinely upsetting news pertaining to Smash fans, I think he was talking about Travis and I'm going to keep thinking that until he slaps me for it.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
While it was unfortunate that there was no TGA reveal, perhaps it was because they are planning on doing a double reveal, so it's possible that we might see Geno during the next direct.

Firox

Smash Master
One thing I gotta say though, my disappointment for the VGA's was pretty huge. Especially since Fatman hinted that we'd get SOMETHING when we ended up getting nothing. Now, don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate the guy and all he's contributed thus far, but the mentioning of certain fanbases being unhappy was a pretty explicit hint that something was going to get revealed but never did. Let's not backpedal and try to justify it with "Well, the WHOLE smash fanbase would be unhappy" and pretend like we knew there'd be nothing. There was always the chance we were going to get something, and I don't blame anyone for being hopeful or skeptical about it, but I've got to know, preferably from Fatman himself:

-What did you hear? The VGA's are over so there shouldn't be a reason to withhold info. What did you honestly think we were going to see?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Mods:

Me:

So here's the dealio: we've been restricted to only Geno talk. This means that we cannot talk about anything that doesn't involve Geno somehow, even if it is about Smash, and the ideas offered have either been done already or exclude members that don't have the talent to make things and come here just to talk or theorize, and that includes me. So, since I'd rather not exist in a literal echo chamber in which I hear the same conversations I have for that past 8 months, I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm promoting myself to lurker. I'll be around sometimes but I won't be posting unless ACTUAL information pops up that related to Geno (since information NOT related to Geno is no longer allowed here) or if Fatman posts something cool to read that isn't drama-charged.

If you like being able to enjoy actual conversation with fellow Genobros and gals, head over to the Star Road Discord server. Got a couple of weirdos over there, but it's all in good fun and not filled with drama or mods that kinda do their own thing. Still, overall a better time than it will be here. Either that, or enjoy the General Thread. I've heard it's SPECTACULAR!

With all that in mind, love y'all and stay true to the blue puppet boi!

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
They may as well be unheard of, since looking at the archives, there have only been three "Directs" in December and one was the Final Video Presentation for Smash 4. It's funny, because for two years there, it was a trend, swiftly broken.

With Ultimate, there were two dedicated directs two months after a normal direct, but since the game wasn't out and there was plenty of content, that was sensible. There is always the potential of a Direct Mini, I think those are a bit slept on. Pains me to say it but if we don't hear about something next week, they're legitimately making us wait until January.

As for Fatman's genuinely upsetting news pertaining to Smash fans, I think he was talking about Travis and I'm going to keep thinking that until he slaps me for it.
Saying this quick and I am done and moving on. I think the info Fatman heard was akin to Dovahkiin. There was that little tease for them in the Elder Scrolls online game. If we think about Geno is good, but a fan base would be getting bad news, it lines up for Doom Guy. However, that did not happen.

Anyhoo, I gotta get ready for work, but I will be looking forward to making some music again (Especially some Rose Town!)

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Additionally, to update you guys, Fatmanonice was answering stuff the other day and he said he doesn’t think 5 or 6 is Geno. Someone asked him if he could give us a hint as who 6 would be then, and he said this.

censored discord.png

So this would make Geno be most likely the Fighter 7 slot. I’m not saying I take this as leaks or anything it’s just the usual additive speculation, but you can’t deny Fatman is talking about a pretty awesome timeline here haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Additionally, to update you guys, Fatmanonice was answering stuff the other day and he said he doesn’t think 5 or 6 is Geno. Someone asked him if he could give us a hint as who 6 would be then, and he said this.

View attachment 252843

So this would make Geno be most likely the Fighter 7 slot. I’m not saying I take this as leaks or anything it’s just the usual additive speculation, but you can’t deny Fatman is talking about a pretty awesome timeline here haha
Waluigi as 6 and Geno as 7? I’m liking season 2 already haha

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Mods:

Me:

So here's the dealio: we've been restricted to only Geno talk. This means that we cannot talk about anything that doesn't involve Geno somehow, even if it is about Smash, and the ideas offered have either been done already or exclude members that don't have the talent to make things and come here just to talk or theorize, and that includes me. So, since I'd rather not exist in a literal echo chamber in which I hear the same conversations I have for that past 8 months, I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm promoting myself to lurker. I'll be around sometimes but I won't be posting unless ACTUAL information pops up that related to Geno (since information NOT related to Geno is no longer allowed here) or if Fatman posts something cool to read that isn't drama-charged.

If you like being able to enjoy actual conversation with fellow Genobros and gals, head over to the Star Road Discord server. Got a couple of weirdos over there, but it's all in good fun and not filled with drama or mods that kinda do their own thing. Still, overall a better time than it will be here. Either that, or enjoy the General Thread. I've heard it's SPECTACULAR!

With all that in mind, love y'all and stay true to the blue puppet boi!

My interpretation of the new rules is that we have a strict NO AD HOMINEM ATTACKS and NO DEEP SPECULATION OF OTHER CHARACTERS UNLESS IT'S PERTINENT TO GENO.

Other than that, this is a Geno Speculation Thread. As in, we should be able to talk speculation with respect to Geno, but that should still be able to include info sources, their reliability, etc. Otherwise, what's the point? It's perfectly possible to explore such things in a respectful manner. For example, Doomguy in the context of the Cacomallow leak is still pertinent to Geno, hence it shouldn't be taboo to talk about how his inclusion would impact Geno should he be revealed as fighter 5 or 6.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
My interpretation of the new rules is that we have a strict NO AD HOMINEM ATTACKS and NO DEEP SPECULATION OF OTHER CHARACTERS UNLESS IT'S PERTINENT TO GENO.

Other than that, this is a Geno Speculation Thread. As in, we should be able to talk speculation with respect to Geno, but that should still be able to include info sources, their reliability, etc. Otherwise, what's the point? It's perfectly possible to explore such things in a respectful manner. For example, Doomguy in the context of the Cacomallow leak is still pertinent to Geno, hence it shouldn't be taboo to talk about how his inclusion would impact Geno should be revealed as fighter 5 or 6.
Exactly. That's why I posted Fatman's thoughts from Discord. It's relevant to Geno because it could point to what Fighter slot he thinks he most likely is.

EDIT: Oof, and just as I post that I got nicked by the mods for posting it :/ yeah maybe I shouldn't stay for too long either

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I think we have a shot at a Smash Direct next week so they can get the information out and start fresh with the new year. There’s a chance they would want to keep Smash out of the annual January General Direct so that it wouldn’t overshadow anything there.

That being said, it there is no smash direct next week, we’re going to be stuck in purgatory for a few more weeks here. The good news is I think we’re at the floodgates here and when we finally get news theres a good chance at a double and potentially even triple reveal.

Let’s do this

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I think we have a shot at a Smash Direct next week so they can get the information out and start fresh with the new year. There’s a chance they would want to keep Smash out of the annual January General Direct so that it wouldn’t overshadow anything there.

That being said, it there is no smash direct next week, we’re going to be stuck in purgatory for a few more weeks here. The good news is I think we’re at the floodgates here and when we finally get news theres a good chance at a double and potentially even triple reveal.

Let’s do this
I want to believe that you’re right but I don’t know if it’s because of logic or desperation at this point.

zferolie

Smash Hero

View attachment 252845

So is fatman legit now? I cant tell who actually is good anymore. Berge back pedaled, sabi is being a bit jerkish and heard so bad rumors, and fatman i keep hearing negitive things too

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

View attachment 252845

A) I don't know how reliable a claim like this is, particularly with hinting (or joking? It's hard to tell through text) that Waluigi will be a DLC character. All things considered, that seems unlikely to say the least, given how assist trophies have been handled in every game so far. We can't take every claim by a leaker as though it's legitimate - that's like believing every single anonymous 4chan post claiming to be a leak, or every single ridiculous wishlist that's claimed to be a leak of an upcoming Nintendo Direct.

B) this goes for everyone, but be sure to edit out any foul language (the sort of thing that would be censored here) when posting images of Discord conversations. It qualifies as censor-dodging. (I did it this time, hence the bright orange covering part of the word)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So is fatman legit now? I cant tell who actually is good anymore. Berge back pedaled, sabi is being a bit jerkish and heard so bad rumors, and fatman i keep hearing negitive things too
Fatman may have said some things that he probably shouldn't have (I don't really know), but contrary to popular belief, he's never lied/intentionally lied.

Of course, it's still wise to take what he says with a grain of salt, since as some of us have tried explaining to others before, he speculates off of info that could turn out false, but it's still fun to speculate.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I want to believe that you’re right but I don’t know if it’s because of logic or desperation at this point.
I’m not trying to say it’s likely or anything. Basically just pointing out that next week is the last week of the year that an announcement seems possible

Firox

Smash Master
EDIT: Oof, and just as I post that I got nicked by the mods for posting it :/ yeah maybe I shouldn't stay for too long either
Seriously? Freaking A, if you can get nipped for something like that, then I'm honestly not sure how useful this thread will be anymore. Are we seriously only going to be able to post specific Geno leaks (should they ever arise)? That seems pretty unfair when none of the other speculation threads have that limitation. I thought the whole issue was just Ad hominems and people getting way off topic.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Fatman may have said some things that he probably shouldn't have (I don't really know), but contrary to popular belief, he's never lied/intentionally lied.
Just getting tired of leakers making jokes and being super vauge on purpose. I am fine on just saying they arent in or just i dont know. I honestly prefer that thennsaying they may be.

Also prefer that to sayong who is in for sure. I like surprises

StarLight42

Smash Lord
A) I don't know how reliable a claim like this is, particularly with hinting (or joking? It's hard to tell through text) that Waluigi will be a DLC character. All things considered, that seems unlikely to say the least, given how assist trophies have been handled in every game so far. We can't take every claim by a leaker as though it's legitimate - that's like believing every single anonymous 4chan post claiming to be a leak, or every single ridiculous wishlist that's claimed to be a leak of an upcoming Nintendo Direct.

B) this goes for everyone, but be sure to edit out any foul language (the sort of thing that would be censored here) when posting images of Discord conversations. It qualifies as censor-dodging. (I did it this time, hence the bright orange covering part of the word)
ooh, I didn't even notice that part of the screenshot lol. Well that's fair i guess.

Still though, I might follow ForsakenM ForsakenM 's steps and become lurker

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
It´s nice that the thread is reopened but the rules seem quite heavy. give it a couple of weeks I suppose. I was annoyed that there were no DLC announcement on the VGA´s, but so glad it wasn´t Kos-mos. What if Geno is an Echo of Samus?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Exactly. That's why I posted Fatman's thoughts from Discord. It's relevant to Geno because it could point to what Fighter slot he thinks he most likely is.

You were warned for censor-dodging, because the screenshot that you included had an uncensored F-bomb in it before I hastily edited it out. (I didn't want to delete it because it could still be discussed) It had nothing to do with the rest of the content of the Discord conversation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom