• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
This, it's a horrible misrepresentation of people who just happen to like Minecraft and want representation in the form of a playable character. Also why @MonkeyDLenny 's stereotyping makes me feel sick to my stomach.
I know, right? As a huge fan of Waluigi (even more so than Geno if I'm honest, hope this isn't sacrilegious here), I can really empathize with Steve fans in that regard. I'm just as sick of this stereotyping as you are.

D

Deleted member

Flaming warning issued. The Newcomer Discussion and the Geno thread are both apart of the Smashboards community and are unified; not divided. Please do not call out fellow Smashboards users negatively.
Content removed by author

Last edited by a moderator:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
There's nothing saying they have to keep the price at 5.99.

Also, what if they included echo fighters instead of stages? That'd be even better in my eyes.
I’d be down for that but it really depends what the echoes are. If they try to keep it themed it may be difficult, but I’m 100% down for Boshi. If its really lazy ones like Dark Meta Knight or Gooigi, then I’m out, but if we get good ones like Dixie (or maybe even Shadow) then yes please.
Burb and I reached an agreement and now understand each other better. No hard feelings and I want everyone here to understand that. Don't harass him and don't **** talk him. He agreed to hear me out and kept that promise. I genuinely respect that and feel like he just wanted the truth on things. Let's move on...
Thank God, let’s put this behind us and look forward to the TGAS.
So, a recap of all the major characters that have appeared in insider rumors in the past year that have gone public:

-Ryu (last winter)
-Crash (summer 2019)
-Dante (spring 2019)
-Nightmare (summer 2019)
-Sol Badguy (summer 2019)
-Geno (last fall)
-Waluigi (last fall)
-Geralt (summer 2019)
-Lloyd/Yuri (last fall)

Random odds and ends:

-Sora (no info but believed to be coming eventually)

-Steve (first confirmed case of official leakbait)

-Sephiroth (potential leakbait from 2018 VGAs, still heard according to one source)

-a female character (weirdly toxic topic. People agree that probably one will happen for +1 sake but no particular names have been heard)
So Lloyd is still kicking? Here’s hoping. Also not to ask you to reveal sensitive info, but do you think there’ll be a time you’ll let us know who #10 is?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Honestly, I don't know anything about SMRPG or Geno, but if he's a character that would make people happy, that's a win in my book.

PLUS, from what I've heard, he has potential for super a fun moveset?

Sign me up.
If you wanna more about the moveset, I am sure many would be willing to share what could be done. Not me though, I am terrible at designing movesets.

Latyon

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I don't know anything about SMRPG or Geno, but if he's a character that would make people happy, that's a win in my book.

Sign me up.
SMRPG is a great game, for a lot of folks (myself included) it was our first RPG.

Geno is a cop from the stars who possesses a cool puppet and can transform his body into a variety of guns.

He is great.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I’d be down for that but it really depends what the echoes are. If they try to keep it themed it may be difficult, but I’m 100% down for Boshi. If its really lazy ones like Dark Meta Knight or Gooigi, then I’m out, but if we get good ones like Dixie (or maybe even Shadow) then yes please.
DMK is already an alt skin, but... Gooigi? Man, how you gonna call Gooigi a bad choice for an echo. He's GOOEY. They couldn't possibly make him a lazy copy/paste job, it wouldn't make sense. At the very least he'd probably be lighter or something, since he's made out of goo.

Boshi is definitely the best choice for an echo to package with Geno though, you're 100% right.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No one does honestly, Geno was never really expected to show up in the pass. He could be DLC 6 but I highly doubt we are getting more than 1 character tonight.
Yeah, no one is really expecting him for fighter 5. We think he has a great chance post pass, but we will have to wait on that.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

Sign me up.
Honestly, even if you end up hating geno, give SMRPG a play, it's a gem of a classic!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You're not helping. Please go back to the Newcomer Support thread. I don't believe Fatman is a messiah, he has a ton of flaws. But I want you to stop bringing this up in this thread when we've been WARNED about this. Heck, this is probably why the Smash 4 Ridley thread got locked.

Please take this elsewhere. You're being toxic.

On another note - stereotyping, generalization and cancel culture in general make me hate this "fan"base. I know tons of toxic Sora and Reimu fans but do I hate them? No. I knew plenty of toxic Banjo and Hero fans too. Remember "hoes mad?"
I mean, Hoes Mad(x24) was only used aginst peepes that that were Throwing salt on hero for whatever reason like how one dude wanted him banned lol

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
User was warned for this post
I'm sorry for calling out your messiah

I ****ing quoted the post goddamnit learn how to read

"Shut up and stop asking people to be decent people, that causes drama"
Okay. You know what? How about you learn how to ****ing read? Lamenting about 'where did it all go wrong?' because there's this much drama about a ****ING PARTY FIGHTING GAME and A GODDAMN STUPID ONE-OFF CHARACTER, regardless of the source, is not singling out any one damn person. Fatman is not a messiah and it is absolutely moronic to start throwing around labels because you just feel particularly ****** and moany. Guess what? Fatman's just a dude and I am heavily skeptical of any 'insider' trash. I actually know how to read and know that a comment like that was not at all a big deal because I'm not so furiously booty-blasted that I'm ready to go out of my way to trash people when things have long since moved on. Then being a belittling little **** to people just because they legitimately can't see anything wrong with the statement and are confused when you come in here guns a-blazing?

Yeah no, I'm mad, I'm tired of this, tired of the people who keep causing **** over a ****ing video game, and tired of the absolute immaturity and GALL of some of you. No more miss sweetheart nice duck UwU ^_^ because I am mother****ing pissed off.

Screw this. I'm out. See y'all after the Game Awards and after all this absolute bull has blown over, because I am about ready to tear some people the hell apart at this rate. I'm DONE. DONE. ALL THIS OVER A VIDEO GAME, CHILDREN. ALL THIS.

This is probably the first time I've legitimately blown up on this forum, and let's hope it will be the last time because the childish behavior and ****-flinging from EVERYONE has gotten on my last nerve. **** off. I'm through.

D

Deleted member

You're not helping. Please go back to the Newcomer Support thread. I don't believe Fatman is a messiah, he has a ton of flaws. But I want you to stop bringing this up in this thread when we've been WARNED about this. Heck, this is probably why the Smash 4 Ridley thread got locked.

Please take this elsewhere. You're being toxic.

On another note - stereotyping, generalization and cancel culture in general make me hate this "fan"base. I know tons of toxic Sora and Reimu fans but do I hate them? No. I knew plenty of toxic Banjo and Hero fans too. Remember "hoes mad?"
I was gonna actually respond to you but then you said "cancel culture"

Dynamic Worlok

Or do I hold out for the possibility of a SMRPG HD Remake on Switch?
Def play the original. And if you end up liking it, the HD remake will be all the sweeter

I'm starting to think you might not be here to chat, and have a fun discussion with us.

Latyon

Smash Cadet
DMK is already an alt skin, but... Gooigi? Man, how you gonna call Gooigi a bad choice for an echo. He's GOOEY. They couldn't possibly make him a lazy copy/paste job, it wouldn't make sense. At the very least he'd probably be lighter or something, since he's made out of goo.

Boshi is definitely the best choice for an echo to package with Geno though, you're 100% right.
Booster as a Wario echo.

D

Deleted member

Okay. You know what? How about you learn how to ****ing read? Lamenting about 'where did it all go wrong?' because there's this much drama about a ****ING PARTY FIGHTING GAME and A GODDAMN STUPID ONE-OFF CHARACTER, regardless of the source, is not singling out any one damn person. Fatman is not a messiah and it is absolutely moronic to start throwing around labels because you just feel particularly ****** and moany. Guess what? Fatman's just a dude and I am heavily skeptical of any 'insider' trash. I actually know how to read and know that a comment like that was not at all a big deal because I'm not so furiously booty-blasted that I'm ready to go out of my way to trash people when things have long since moved on. Then being a belittling little **** to people just because they legitimately can't see anything wrong with the statement and are confused when you come in here guns a-blazing?

Yeah no, I'm mad, I'm tired of this, tired of the people who keep causing **** over a ****ing video game, and tired of the absolute immaturity and GALL of some of you. No more miss sweetheart nice duck UwU ^_^ because I am mother****ing pissed off.

Screw this. I'm out. See y'all after the Game Awards and after all this absolute bull has blown over, because I am about ready to tear some people the hell apart at this rate. I'm DONE. DONE. ALL THIS OVER A VIDEO GAME, CHILDREN. ALL THIS.

This is probably the first time I've legitimately blown up on this forum, and let's hope it will be the last time because the childish behavior and ****-flinging from EVERYONE has gotten on my last nerve. **** off. I'm through.
This isn't even about the game but go off I guess. I don't think I'm the one taking this fighting game too seriously

D

Deleted member

I ****ing quoted the post goddamnit learn how to read

"Shut up and stop asking people to be decent people, that causes drama"
You do know we were literally warned about not staying on topic right? Sooo you’re not helping. Like Fatman said, they worked things out and the dude literally said not to talk **** on burb. It’s time for you to leave.

Last edited by a moderator:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

Finally someone said it.

Dynamic Worlok

This isn't even about the game but go off I guess. I don't think I'm the one taking this fighting game too seriously
Quite right. As I've said before, this isn't the fatmanonice thread, or the fatman vs sabi thread or whatever. If you don't like Geno, that's fine. Don't think he's got a chance in hell? great! Take the leaker drama outside.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Woah, everyone, calm down! There is no need to fight about this! We're supposed to be supporting Geno, not fight over leaks! We're better than this. So let us just move on, okay? We shouldn't be fighting at all, especially if Geno is revealed tonight. If he is, and we're still fighting, we'll probably fight more than celebrate his inclusion. That will make others laugh at us. We don't want that, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom