• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Burb is like, the second or third most decent person posting in this thread but go off I guess
My dudette, if you read a bit awhile ago, Fatman and Burb actually resolved things. I think it's a general statement of exasperation with how hectic things have been. Chillax.

Sphenodon

Smash Rookie
Greetings, thread. New member here; mostly invested in Doomguy myself, but I respect the community of Geno for its sheer longevity and determination (plus the amount of cameraderie seen resulting from CacoMallow).

Here's hoping for a nice Game Awards!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Glad things got resolved at long last. Let's enjoy a wholesome round of me screeching about Geno being adorable, okay?

He's so adorable. He's so cute! CUTE!! :drflip:
The first thing he does when he gets his body is run into a wall and then pose all cool like “Okay, I understand walking now.” Love it.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
My dudette, if you read a bit awhile ago, Fatman and Burb actually resolved things. I think it's a general statement of exasperation with how hectic things have been. Chillax.
It's not resolving things when Fatman then proceeds to belittle Burb just because he can't handle being called out.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
My ignore button is going to have chiseled abs and stunning features by 8:30pm EST when this awards show starts with how much it's getting flexed today. Game awards can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Greetings, thread. New member here; mostly invested in Doomguy myself, but I respect the community of Geno for its sheer longevity and determination (plus the amount of cameraderie seen resulting from CacoMallow).

Hey man welcome aboard

Also geno and doomguy groups all formed together ever since the cacodemon and mallow mii costumes leak/rumor

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Okay, I did get permission and this will blow your minds. I actually talked to the guy who talked to the Mii costume leaker who talked to him who talked to Papagenos. Got it memorized? Okay, so I talked to this guy and he showed me the original messages he got for both Mallow/Smithy and the Banjo costumes and all the SNK stuff. As a recap, it was said that Terry's costumes would be: Geese Howard, Haomaru, Nakoruru, "Classic SNK costumes", and Kyo. The problem with this is that, reading the original message, the guy never said that these were costumes. "Costumes" was actually a typo and simply meant characters. Why's that important? It wasn't a costume leak... It was a spirit board leak! The person who read this misinterpreted the original message, meaning the leaker wasn't wrong, he was right because he forgot to specify in his message what the list actually was. It was Terry's spirit board, which he got 100%!
If geno is FP5 after all this time I’m gonna cry, there’s no way this doesn’t mean geno eventually

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
Trolling
Isn't belittling, disrespecting, and holding a sense of entitlement over people for no reason just par for the course that is Smash Speculation?

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

Right back to ya, dude. Best of luck for both of our boys.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, a recap of all the major characters that have appeared in insider rumors in the past year that have gone public:

-Ryu (last winter)
-Crash (summer 2019)
-Dante (spring 2019)
-Nightmare (summer 2019)
-Sol Badguy (summer 2019)
-Geno (last fall)
-Waluigi (last fall)
-Geralt (summer 2019)
-Lloyd/Yuri (last fall)

Random odds and ends:

-Sora (no info but believed to be coming eventually)

-Steve (first confirmed case of official leakbait)

-Sephiroth (potential leakbait from 2018 VGAs, still heard according to one source)

-a female character (weirdly toxic topic. People agree that probably one will happen for +1 sake but no particular names have been heard)

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So, a recap of all the major characters that have appeared in insider rumors in the past year that have gone public:

-Ryu (last winter)
-Crash (summer 2019)
-Dante (spring 2019)
-Nightmare (summer 2019)
-Geno (last fall)
-Waluigi (last fall)
-Geralt (summer 2019)
-Lloyd/Yuri (last fall)

Random odds and ends:

-Sephiroth (potential leakbait from 2018 VGAs, still heard according to one source)

-a female character (weirdly toxic topic. People agree that probably one will happen for +1 sake but no particular names have been heard)
If I get Sora, Crash, and Geno I will never ask Sakurai for anything ever again

Ovaltine

Smash Master
It's not resolving things when Fatman then proceeds to belittle Burb just because he can't handle being called out.
Where... in any of that did he belittle Burb? I see nothing about that. He went out of his way to tell us to not trash him. You sure you aren't just horribly misreading things, or did something happen elsewhere that I missed?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I didn't see anything really belittling about that post. Heck, what he said gave me a sense that their history goes far back and was a friendship of sorts. Thus, his next statement makes a lot of sense.
Isn't belittling, disrespecting, and holding a sense of entitlement over people for no reason just par for the course that is Smash Speculation?
Yes, but no ne here really wants that.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Can you not? Go back to the Social thread and meme Baboom some more, we don't want more drama when it's finally over.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Steve would legitimately upset me. After everything I was put through for an entire year with Steveposters raiding Discords and raiding Smashboards it's completely ruined Steve being in Smash for me, and I never want him in; I don't want them to have the satisfaction of even getting a Mii Costume
Not all Steve fans are bad people, they just have some bad apples that every community has

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Someone should make a comic of this with Geno:

"Look mum, Mario RPG fans!"
"Don't look at them sweetie, I don't want you to be influenced by--OH GOD!"
"Too late mum, I now serve a higher authority."

D

Deleted member

Where... in any of that did he belittle Burb? I see nothing about that. He went out of his way to tell us to not trash him. You sure you aren't just horribly misreading things, or did something happen elsewhere that I missed?
there's still 132 guests in the thread, the people want blood. Naturally someone else is gonna step forward to ****post.

Bomber57

Smash Cadet

-Ryu (last winter)
-Crash (summer 2019)
-Dante (spring 2019)
-Nightmare (summer 2019)
-Geno (last fall)
-Waluigi (last fall)
-Geralt (summer 2019)
-Lloyd/Yuri (last fall)

Random odds and ends:

I'm still holding my heart out for Doomguy/Geno, but I feel it's greedy for me to wish for more after getting Banjo.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice

Doomguy is the only other character I'm rooting for! I respect the heck out of Doom, and yes here's to good VGAs

StarLight42

Smash Lord
"Steve would legitimately upset me. After everything I was put through for an entire year with Steveposters raiding Discords and raiding Smashboards it's completely ruined Steve being in Smash for me, and I never want him in; I don't want them to have the satisfaction of even getting a Mii Costume"

This is beyond toxic MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny

You the same type of guy who thinks all Waluigi fans deserve death because two of them sent him a Wah/11 meme? :|

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Not all Steve fans are bad people, they just have some bad apples that every community has
Steveposters are the real troublemakers by the looks of it, and they've even gone so far to antagonize actual Steve fans. The latter ones are mostly fine people from my experience.

And I say this as someone who was never hot on Steve being in Smash to say the least.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
"Steve would legitimately upset me. After everything I was put through for an entire year with Steveposters raiding Discords and raiding Smashboards it's completely ruined Steve being in Smash for me, and I never want him in; I don't want them to have the satisfaction of even getting a Mii Costume"

This is beyond toxic MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny

You the same type of guy who thinks all Waluigi fans deserve death because two of them sent him a Wah/11 meme? :|
I don't think that's what they meant at all, everyone knows there are wholesome and loving people of any community that wants any character- the problem with Steve specifically is all the people who wanted him in purely to make people mad, and... when your basis for wanting something is "to own the haters," you're probably not a very nice person in general. No other character has really had that much of a following based on pure vitriol as Steve.

Hell, I want Steve in Smash, but I still only get horrible feelings of toxicity thinking about it. They ruined the character for me, even though I love Minecraft.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Steveposters are the real troublemakers by the looks of it, and they've even gone so far to antagonize actual Steve fans.
This, it's a horrible misrepresentation of people who just happen to like Minecraft and want representation in the form of a playable character. Also why MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny 's stereotyping makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Steveposters are the real troublemakers by the looks of it, and they've even gone so far to antagonize actual Steve fans. The latter ones are mostly fine people.

And I say this as someone who was never hot on Steve being in Smash to say the least.
I remeber in the ult social thread, people thought that posting ugly Steve model over and over was funny like they had the brain of a 5 y/o

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
Please stop.
I'm sorry for calling out your messiah
You got a screenshot of the belittling, OP?
I didn't see anything really belittling about that post. Heck, what he said gave me a sense that their history goes far back and was a friendship of sorts. Thus, his next statement makes a lot of sense.

Yes, but no ne here really wants that.
I ****ing quoted the post goddamnit learn how to read
Can you not? Go back to the Social thread and meme Baboom some more, we don't want more drama when it's finally over.
"Shut up and stop asking people to be decent people, that causes drama"

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Steve would legitimately upset me. After everything I was put through for an entire year with Steveposters raiding Discords and raiding Smashboards it's completely ruined Steve being in Smash for me, and I never want him in; I don't want them to have the satisfaction of even getting a Mii Costume
Maybe don't fly that banner if you're gonna disrespect other fans like that. You clearly remember what it was like to be **** on every day before Banjo and Kazooie were revealed so you know how awful it is. Yeah, there were some bad people pushing for Steve, but there are also decent people who want him most of all. At the very least, think about @TheCJBrine. Steve is their absolute most wanted but they were in the BK thread every day, sticking up for us and cheering us on, hoping for one day to see both our picks fighting side by side. If that's not even worth a Mii costume to you, I don't know what else I can say.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
Honestly, I don't know anything about SMRPG or Geno, but if he's a character that would make people happy, that's a win in my book.

PLUS, from what I've heard, he has potential for super a fun moveset?

Sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom