• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I'm debating how much to share but, trust me, I take no joy in being the bearer of bad news. I'll just say it is Smash related if it does happen tonight and leave it at that.
The screen fades to black as an annoying voice starts to speak to the audience: BOP! IT'S ME TOAD, YAHOO!!!
Screen_shot_2014-10-04_at_8_54_05_pm_1977.png

castinets98

Smash Cadet
He's referring to Doom Guy. Dragonborn is in and cacodemon was a real costume but Doom won't rep Bethesda. IMO, at least.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm debating how much to share but, trust me, I take no joy in being the bearer of bad news. I'll just say it is Smash related if it does happen tonight and leave it at that.
I feel its better not to leave these dudes in the dark. Thats like pulling an insider. Like I said, Im here to people watch but no one deserves to be in the dark

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

1571937868147.jpg

Well, I appreciate at the very least that whatever this bad thing is is only coming out now when we're hours away, rather than it being held over our heads for a week

Firox

Smash Master
If the FP5 teaser happens tonight and it starts off at the end of the Ridley trailer I may actually scream. Imagine if they revealed 5 6 and 7 at once in one big cgi blowout with Kos-MOs, Doomguy, and Geno showing up to rescue Mega Man, Mario, and Samus from Ridley.
I...I think I just peed a little....

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I have been away from speculation for awhile since it was too ... I don't know, demanding? If that makes sense? Got burnt out on rumor this, leak that, etc. etc. I will be unavailable for the show tonight but hope to see if Fighter 5 will be finally revealed. That, and either hope for some kind of announcement for Nintendo. Be it a peak for "Season 2" for Smash, Nintendo Direct or just something. Anyway, I am more interested in Season 2 than Fighter 5 personally since I am still hoping for Geno for the next pass, or whatever/however it is implemented.

I am hoping for the best, but am trying to temper my expectations and all. I don't really care about leaks or whatever anymore about things in general ... just Geno stuff.

Anyway, I hope we get some news ... of something tonight!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I feel its better not to leave these dudes in the dark. Thats like pulling an insider. Like I said, Im here to people watch but no one deserves to be in the dark
The source gave me permission to "to share vague hints on Smashboards and Discord only." That's it. I'd be kind of an asshole if I went against that.

D

Deleted member

Yeah that's a little worrying if true unless it's like Steve or Jonesy in that case I'd laugh it off. It's probably a fan favorite character being disconfirmed I assume.

Also I don't think you should share it it's only a few hours away so what's the point in doing so now?

Last edited by a moderator:

castinets98

Smash Cadet
The source gave me permission to "to share vague hints on Smashboards and Discord only." That's it. I'd be kind of an asshole if I went against that.
That being said, if you guys wanna say ... check out Fatman and other prominent users' discord post history, there are some nuggets that will fill you in without forcing him to spill the beans and damaging this relationship.

Firox

Smash Master
(Deep inhale) A particular fanbase and that's all I can say.
I'm betting money that this means we're going to get a character whose accompanying Mii costumes are one or more of the current DLC speculation characters, thus confirming one while killing others at the same time. For example, if we got KOS-MOS, which other Namco characters could that kill?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
None of the fighter pass characters were first revealed with Mii costumes. Those came with the fighter showcases later. So it's not a disappointed fanbase via Mii costume deconfirmation.

Instead, if Smash related, its character 5 and it's a company that has several wanted characters associated with it.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
I'm betting money that this means we're going to get a character whose accompanying Mii costumes are one or more of the current DLC speculation characters, thus confirming one while killing others at the same time. For example, if we got KOS-MOS, which other Namco characters could that kill?
For me it would be Klonoa... But I don't think he has a good shot to begin with sadly.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
It just feels...weird that you would know something Smash related, mostly because I feel like if the sources are telling you this stuff, then there is no way atleast Sabi and probably Verge wouldn't know as well, and I highly doubt they wouldn't try and release that stuff for their """""credibility"""""

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lloyd, Nightmare, Heihachi, Ms. Pac Man, Valkyrie, Bravoman. The list is expansive.

EDIT: Forgot my own boy Klonoa.

It just feels...weird that you would know something Smash related, mostly because I feel like if the sources are telling you this stuff, then there is no way atleast Sabi and probably Verge wouldn't, and I highly doubt they wouldn't try and release that stuff for their """""credibility"""""
Maybe my theory was right and the insiders are actively feeding them bull**** just to destroy them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
When the bad news happens and we get wynn's inevitable lecture about it, I need someone to have a thanos "you couldn't live with your failure, and where has that brought you? Back to me" meme ready to go

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Lloyd, Nightmare, Heihachi, Ms. Pac Man, Valkyrie, Bravoman. The list is expansive.

EDIT: Forgot my own boy Klonoa.

Maybe my theory was right and the insiders are actively feeding them bull**** just to destroy them.
GOT IT! We're probably going to get KOS-MOS with the Lloyd Mii costume from Sm4sh. Calling it now. Either that or some combination of KOS-MOS, Lloyd and Nightmare with one bringing costumes of the others.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
None of the fighter pass characters were first revealed with Mii costumes. Those came with the fighter showcases later. So it's not a disappointed fanbase via Mii costume deconfirmation.

Instead, if Smash related, its character 5 and it's a company that has several wanted characters associated with it.
Either that, or it's a character from a company has recently gotten themselves into hot water with its consumers (Bethesda, Blizzard), or is just hated in general (EA, Activision, Epic Games).

D

Deleted member

GOT IT! We're probably going to get KOS-MOS with the Lloyd Mii costume from Sm4sh. Calling it now.
I mean, are they really gonna show off Mii Costumes at the VGAs? What did Lloyd do to deserve to get killed in front of an audience of millions?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
When the bad news happens and we get wynn's inevitable lecture about it, I need someone to have a thanos "you couldn't live with your failure, and where has that brought you? Back to me" meme ready to go
I thought he was Sally Sunshine only concerning Geno's chances.

Dynamic Worlok

I thought he was Sally Sunshine only concerning Geno's chances.
You know we're gonna get a "This is why you don't trust leaks" or a "you should never get your hopes up" post where everyone is going to get blasted for believing leaks or something despite a wide array of skepticism

Person: "this leak looks like it could be legit"

Wynn: *cue picture of captain America sitting in a chair* "so, you believe all leaks without question?!"

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
You know we're gonna get a "This is why you don't trust leaks" or a "you should never get your hopes up" post where everyone is going to get blasted for believing leaks or something despite a wide array of skepticism
"Search your feelings. You know it to be true."

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So, whatever this mysterious "Bad News" is, I don't think it's a specific character getting in: As much as I'm embittered by Steve, as much of a meme Jonesy is, and as much as KOS-MOS seems like an odd ending choice, the simple truth about Smash is that Everybody wants SOMEBODY in this game

The only truly controversial characters I see are Tracer, Sora, and FNAF. Tracer due to Blizzard's recent shenanigans, Sora because people hate Disney now, and FNAF because it's so far out there and people have been asking for Shovel Knight, Shantae, or Quote to be the Indie Rep. And even THEN, they are still genuine requests

I don't think anyone would truly be upset over Sakurai announcing his retirement, we all love and respect him too much

Nah, I think the bad news would be something like:
--The next wave of DLC is all first party, and Geno originated from a Mario game so by technicality he fits in. Which would mean the dreaded FE rep
--The next wave of DLC is the last we're getting, which means only a few coveted spots left
--Popular requests getting Mii Costume'd

DIY

Smash Apprentice
I really like you, Fatman. After reading your past 5 or 6 comments though, I've gone from having a heart attack to having euphoria, back to a heart attack, back to euphoria, back to a heart attack again. Lol

I don't know what to make of everything you've said so hopefully if whatever thing does happen at the VGAs, it will be over with quickly.

Dynamic Worlok

I’d like to timeskip all the way to tonight just to get this over with does anyone know how to do this? Thanks
You have to enter the debug input when you're standing up out of a chair. It's a well known speed running tactic

StarLight42

Smash Lord
>Waluigi isnt 5
>Geno isnt 6

**** man, it’s always the characters I want that aren’t the next characters huh. Can’t wait for late Spring when Waluigi isnt 7 and Geno isnt 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom