• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Nah, I think the bad news would be something like:
--The next wave of DLC is all first party, and Geno originated from a Mario game so by technicality he fits in. Which would mean the dreaded FE rep
--The next wave of DLC is the last we're getting, which means only a few coveted spots left
--Popular requests getting Mii Costume'd
Out of these, the "requested characters becoming Mii Fighter costumes" seems the most likely. I hope it doesn't happen to any character, but it feels like we're gonna get a repeat of Smash 4 and the King K. Rool costume.

D

Deleted member

>More evidence comes out pointing to the leaked mii costumes/Crash being legit
>Almost immediately followed up with hinting towards potential "bad news"
Never a dull moment in this thread huh

Last edited by a moderator:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Either that, or it's a character from a company has recently gotten themselves into hot water with its consumers (Bethesda, Blizzard), or is just hated in general (EA, Activision, Epic Games).
Ah, very true. Disappointment can be equal in characters confirmed as much as deconfirmed. The tricky thing there is that the character negotiations would have been done far in advance before the company issues happened. So when they finalized the list, at the time the company was better received.

At least FE would make better sense NOW. Brick Houses has been very successful, the characters have big fanbases and people had time to like these characters and get to know them. The problem with Corrin was that he was a literal who, hisgame only released in Japan at the time and people were tired of Smash 4's....favorability towards Fire Emblem.

BUT, getting another FE rep while Zelda has been empty since Brawl would be greatly disliked.

D

Deleted member

Man, won't it be funny when all of this is because Smash doesn't win a single award?

And then they reveal Geno as #5

Firox

Smash Master
Sleeping is not good enough, we need to learn how to time travel.
You could always freeze yourself like Cartman did but I don't recommend it. If Butters drops the ball you could end up fighting a war against talking otters.

"Ok, guys, I'm all thawed out. So when do the VGA's start?"

"You there! I'll crush your skull against my tummy like a clam!"

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
>More evidence comes out pointing to the leaked mii costumes/Crash being legit
>Almost immediately followed up with hinting towards potential "bad news"
Never a dull moment in this thread huh
Oh yeah! I forgot Crash Bandicoot was a part of that!!

God if Crash gets in, all I would need is Sora and Geno and I'd have my every wish

Also, Crash gets in and he comes with this as a Mii Costume

1576173643821.png

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Wow that’s some pretty great news for the mallow smithy leak. That pretty hype not gonna lie. Also as for the bad smash thing I just hope it’s not a fe character. Please for the love of god no more please.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice There's no such thing as bad news if Geno's chances are as high as you say. I literally don't care who gets revealed tonight, as long as our star boi makes it in at some point that's all that matters.

D

Deleted member

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice There's no such thing as bad news if Geno's chances are as high as you say. I literally don't care who gets revealed tonight, as long as our star boi makes it in at some point that's all that matters.
This is true, but the bad news is we're still waiting for Geno, tbh.

Someone's going home unhappy tonight, I think is the jist here. I doubt it's us, though.

Firox

Smash Master
Someone's going home unhappy tonight, I think is the jist here. I doubt it's us, though.
Not to sound like a selfish jerk, but isn't that all that really matters? Someone is always going to whine or be disappointed. You can never please everyone, but at least you can please your own. (Yeah, that didn't quite come out right.)

D

Deleted member

Not to sound like a selfish jerk, but isn't that all that really matters? Someone is always going to whine or be disappointed. You can never please everyone, but at least you can please your own. (Yeah, that didn't quite come out right.)
I don't think it's selfish, this Smash character stuff is an arms race.

It really does boil down to us or them in the end, and I'm going with my own in situations like that. It only becomes a problem if people are just actively being rude to one another like this arms race is something we can effect.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
This is true, but the bad news is we're still waiting for Geno, tbh.

As a Genobro and a Doombro, I'm feeling half happy and half profoundly sad. Though, having chronic depression, this could just be my norm ;;^_^

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I understand why you can't say what it is Fatmanonice Fatmanonice but can I at least ask this?

If there IS no Smash announcement tonight, will you be able to tell us? Like, is this bad news exclusively dependent on a Smash reveal happening tonight?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
What if the bad news is goku is fp5 and the second pass is all shounen anime characters?
FighterZ Season 3 trailer ends with Shenron being summoned by Goku

"I AM THE ETERNAL DRAGON, STATE YOUR WISH AND I WILL GRANT IT"
"Shenron... the Tournament of Power was fun and all, but I want more! Is there another tournament out there? One that brings other universes together again? If so, I want to go there!"
"...YOUR WISH IS GRANTED!"
The clouds part in the shape of the Smash emblem

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
FighterZ Season 3 trailer ends with Shenron being summoned by Goku

"I AM THE ETERNAL DRAGON, STATE YOUR WISH AND I WILL GRANT IT"
"Shenron... the Tournament of Power was fun and all, but I want more! Is there another tournament out there? One that brings other universes together again? If so, I want to go there!"
"...YOUR WISH IS GRANTED!"
The clouds part in the shape of the Smash emblem
Thanks, I hate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom