• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I guess the next Pass is all going to be 3rd party leaving us 1st party supporters to lick our wounds?

Hoping that isn't the case. Or what Fatman was referring to.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
C54CD8E0-90B4-407A-BD38-8593FD7BCB2D.jpeg

E088291C-FC6D-4808-B6E5-EB584EB89D3A.jpeg

This must be what Fatman was talking about. Very sad news for the Costco and Applebee’s fanbases but people should remember Nintendo gave Sakurai a list of characters. It was probably out of his hands tbh

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
FighterZ Season 3 trailer ends with Shenron being summoned by Goku

"I AM THE ETERNAL DRAGON, STATE YOUR WISH AND I WILL GRANT IT"
"Shenron... the Tournament of Power was fun and all, but I want more! Is there another tournament out there? One that brings other universes together again? If so, I want to go there!"
"...YOUR WISH IS GRANTED!"
The clouds part in the shape of the Smash emblem
I would be happy and mortified in a way I've never experienced before. I love DBZ, but the repercussions of such a reveal would shatter the universe.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Kind of funny how we get some good news about that Mii Costume list looking far more likely now, and everybody shifts focus on some possible bad news unrelated to Geno that we're not going to find out about until later tonight.

I mean I understand the curiosity, but all we can do at this point is wait it out.

Firox

Smash Master
All I've gotta say is, I'm SO GLAD that Sakurai already announced that there will be more DLC beyond the current fighter's pass. If there was only one DLC slot left in existence, I would be so bummed right now.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Nevermind what I said earlier about not being here until after VGA. This discussion is toooo good.

Some possibilities I have for what Fatman is implying:
  • There will be an announcement for a Smash direct within a couple days or weeks.
  • FP5 is someone obscure like Kos-Mos or someone the community hates or is split on like Jonesy or Steve.
  • We are only getting a couple more characters and that's it, plus Sakurai retiring from Smash.
  • A lot of fan favorites are being Mii costume'd which in my opinion would be the worst outcome. even more so if we are only getting a few more characters. Because the characters made it so far, but were decided to not be worth the time to develop which honestly would be a little insulting.
And NO, there won't be any 4th party characters. How many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man?!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
All I've gotta say is, I'm SO GLAD that Sakurai already announced that there will be more DLC beyond the current fighter's pass. If there was only one DLC slot left in existence, I would be so bummed right now.
If there were only one slot remaining and a second wave of dlc wasn’t announced you can bet the discourse would be all out war between fanbases and 80% of the threads on this site would get locked by mods.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I got the Wynn Thanos image on deck.
WynnItAllGoesWrong.png

Kind of funny how we get some good news about that Mii Costume list looking far more likely now, and everybody shifts focus on some possible bad news unrelated to Geno that we're not going to find out about until later tonight.

I mean I understand the curiosity, but all we can do at this point is wait it out.
I guess the only thing we can take solace in with this bad news is that apparently it has nothing to do with Geno. Or maybe I'm missing something?

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I'm stuck at work today, watching everything from afar, and due to the nature of my work, I will likely be stuck on the phones during the whole presentation until my shift ends. Also, shift ends dead-center in the middle of the Awards, so now I have to contemplate staying at the office to watch, or taking the half-hour to drive back home and just risk that timeframe of not seeing somethin craaazy so I can get back to my own workstation in time. Decisions, decisions. But, rest assured, at least until I have to make that call, I'll have my eyes on things just as much as everybody else. :ultduckhunt:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
As long as the bad news isn't somthing like "this is the final fighters pass" I think we can survive this.....

You would tell us if this is the final fighters pass, wouldn't you fatman? :estatic:

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
The only thing keeping me from full on panicking over Lloyd getting mii costumed is that it’d be really out of place for him to be shown on stage like that.

What im starting to think is that Fatman speculating over Dovakhin wasnt just speculation. I have a creeping feeling that Doomguy is getting mii costume’d. As much as I love the Elder Scrolls I do not want him playable in Smash, especially if it’d prevent doom from getting in

Rikarte

Smash Ace
That may be it considering sabi apparently got a definitive answer on it recently from a source.
Wait, when? Can you go into further detail?
I think Geno is coming regardless of the "leak" so I don't really care if it's real or not but it would be nice if we could finally put the discussion about it to rest.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Wait, when? Can you go into further detail?
I think Geno is coming regardless of the "leak" so I don't really care if it's real or not but it would be nice if we could finally put the discussion about it to rest.
I doubt Sabi will say a goddamn word. Concrete answers mean you could be wrong and lose that sick sick E-Cred. Ambiguity is much easier to slip out of.

Firox

Smash Master
I doubt Sabi will say a goddamn word. Concrete answers mean you could be wrong and lose that sick sick E-Cred. Ambiguity is much easier to slip out of.
Yeah, that's why my respect for Sabi and Verge continues to plummet. This whole "hide the ball" crap is televangelist levels of BS.

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
If we get a Skyrim rep I hope Sakurai stays true to the source material and makes him extra buggy.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
So, why are we not talking about the possibility of a Mii costume been shown tonight that deconfirms some fan favorite character? That was the first thing the came to my mind...

I'm just glad it do not affect Geno's chances. For a second I thought the Mallow/Smithy/Geno costumes could come with some Mario character like Waluigi.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
How would you all feel if a Fortnite character legit gets in. I will lmao, but also be dissapointed. Fortnite doesn't really have anything that stands out besides the building mechanic which Minecraft also has. I think it's the same reason why we won't get a Call of Duty character: generic and not requested. And potentially cringeworthy. Thankfully Sakurai would not add a character because of a fad.........most likely.

domriver

Smash Lord
Why did come back in here?! I was going to stop - i cant ;( xD - Guys Fatman cant tell you guys that FP5 is from Fire Emblem and the season 2nd is called the Fire Emblem Season with all Fire Emblem characters. LOL

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Someone make a meme saying fatmans friendship ended with sabi and his new best friend is papa genos

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if they announced a Super Mario RPG remake in the style of Link's Awakening on Switch.

Firox

Smash Master
How would you all feel if a Fortnite character legit gets in. I will lmao, but also be dissapointed. Fortnite doesn't really have anything that stands out besides the building mechanic which Minecraft also has. I think it's the same reason why we won't get a Call of Duty character: generic and not requested. And potentially cringeworthy. Thankfully Sakurai would not add a character because of a fad.........most likely.
I think Sakurai is too classy to consider Fortnite. Fite me. (Metaknight voice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom