• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I’m going to guess it’s something Mario RPG related like a new Paper Mario-esque game or something that goes in an even more not great direction as the last one. Either that or a revelation about the pass. Or Sakurai retiring. Or the world ending. Or pineapple being mandated to be on every pizza idk so many possibilities

Last edited:

Crankshadow

Smash Cadet
Geno fam last post for me until the other side. That news is certainly interesting fatman. Have fun tonight everyone!

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
It was a 100% a replay due to the names being Mii Brawler and Gunner and the Camera angle in the picture only being possible there.
I mean that doesn't really affect anything I just said, though I guess a replay would give them the freedom to choose when the deed took place. We'll know the truth before too long.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'll just say yes and leave it at that. There's one particular thing that's probably coming tonight that will genuinely upset a lot of people but I promised not to get too deep into it given how close the award ceremony is.
1555365403038.jpg

Like... okay, we talking Federation Force bad here? Like does this apply to specifically us or Smash fans, or would it piss off Nintendo fans in general?

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I'll just say yes and leave it at that. There's one particular thing that's probably coming tonight that will genuinely upset a lot of people but I promised not to get too deep into it given how close the award ceremony is. Again, Geno's fine and outside of the most absurd Murphy's Law ****ery would he not be.
If I may quote one of my favorite doctor who characters:
source (1).gif

Dynamic Worlok

I’m going to guess it’s something Mario RPG related like a new Paper Mario-esque game or something that goes in an even more not great direction as the last one. Either that or a revelation about the pass. Or Sakurai retiring. Or the world ending. Or pineapple being mandated to be on every pizza idk so many possibilities
They're remaking Mario rpg, but they're taking out geno and replacing everyone else with toads

D

Deleted member

I'm going to say that tonight is probably going to be a night of mixed emotions but I want you all here to talk about it afterwards. This could potentially be a really big night for us but perhaps not in the way you'd expect. Don't worry, I don't see anything bad happening to Geno but, like I said, emotions will probably be riding high so come chill with us afterwards.
I'll just say yes and leave it at that. There's one particular thing that's probably coming tonight that will genuinely upset a lot of people but I promised not to get too deep into it given how close the award ceremony is. Again, Geno's fine and outside of the most absurd Murphy's Law ****ery would he not be.
*laughs nervously*

so how bad are we talking? Federation Force/Color Splash levels of bad and is it just this fanbase specifically or Nintendo fans in General?

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Alright gonna make a guess about what Fatman is saying.

The Cacodemon leak is fake, but considering Geno is still likely it doesn't affect his chances.

D

Deleted member

I love how "genuinely [upsetting]" is translating to "Federation Force/Color Splash" with a lot of people in this thread.

Can't wait for Tobuscus to come out on stage and present FEDERATION FORCE 2: COLOR SPLASH, the ambitious new crossover starring Paper Miis in the Metroid universe, trying to get Metroids to stop sucking the color from Paper Mario characters [generic toads] in space.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Calling it now: Death Stranding is beating Smash for GOTY

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
So another Piranha Plant, gotcha ya.

D

Deleted member

Alright gonna make a guess about what Fatman is saying.

The Cacodemon leak is fake, but considering Geno is still likely it doesn't affect his chances.
Sakurai comes on stage with his three Game Awards trophies for Smash and beats a Mallow plush until there's nothing left and says not a single word.

We're all left to wonder what he meant by this.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Upset us specifically or nintendo game fans in general?
(Deep inhale) A particular fanbase and that's all I can say.

But it was a screencap of a post that is being referenced. That’s not really going to change despite coming through several people.
Papa actually publicly shared copies of the message he originally received:

Screenshot_20191212-104548.png

Dynamic Worlok

Here's a genuinely upsetting possibility. Sakurai announcing his retirement and smash being retired with him after this game

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Might be that rumored MercurySteam remake of Super Metroid. I personally am excited by that prospect but SM is such a sacred game in the Metroid fan base that I can see it getting changed at all causing rage.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Here's a genuinely upsetting possibility. Sakurai announcing his retirement and smash being retired with him after this game
Honestly, this would make me happy. Sakurai deserves a retirement. Even if it means no more Smash games ever again, Smash Ultimate is Ultimate Enough imo.

D

Deleted member

During the ReMind trailer Sora comes on screen and personally announces he hates Smash Bros and will never take part it in literally ever. Mic drop, he's out.

D

Deleted member

inb4 Jonesy or Steve is FP5.
tbh that's not very upsetting for me I'd just die laughing. Jonesy especially my friend group and I have been memeing Jonesy for a few months so if he did pull through and get in Smash I'd simply laugh it off and look forward to post-pass.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
inb4 Jonesy or Steve is FP5.
Steve would legitimately upset me. After everything I was put through for an entire year with Steveposters raiding Discords and raiding Smashboards it's completely ruined Steve being in Smash for me, and I never want him in; I don't want them to have the satisfaction of even getting a Mii Costume

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I could see that making the Kid Icarus fanbase a bit upset due to that meaning no Uprising 2.
I *am* the Kid Icarus fanbase. There are dozens of us! Dozens!

The post specifically said Sakurai and Smash being done though, so Uprising 2 could still happen with another director :p

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So my original interpretation of Fatmanonice Fatmanonice was that Metroid Prime 4 has been canned, but now...

Damn, if Ultimate wins GOTY and Sakurai announces he is officially retiring from either Smash or game development as a whole that will be absolutely the definition of a bittersweet moment.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
During the ReMind trailer Sora comes on screen and personally announces he hates Smash Bros and will never take part it in literally ever. Mic drop, he's out.
Then Axel shows up and says he will join in his place, ending with "Got in memorised?" Though that wouldnt make the Sora fandom mad, The KH community loves Axel

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
That IS genuinely upsetting

Here's another possibility. The further delay/cancellation of animal crossing new horizons. Or the cancellation of prime 4
Luckily it seems like whatever it is it will largely upset a very specific group of people, so something like mp4 getting canceled or sticker star 3, or sakurai tapping out is probably too broad to be it.

Personally worried that it's going to be a steve/jonsey tier pick for 5. Really hope not because the pass doesn't have a refund option so I'll never be able to update the game ever again. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Something that would upset a fanbase? Another Fire Emblem character. Though I wouldn't be upset at Edelgard lol.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Calling it now: Death Stranding is beating Smash for GOTY
Strand type games are so Super Nintendo, Kojima.

It's all about Resident Evil 2 for GOTY if we are being serious about it. That game looks stunning and plays just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom