• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If it ends up being KOS-MOS we will probably be in the dark for the rest of the characters.

Which means the only concrete evidence we have until proven fake is the CacoMallow footage/images.

Man, we just have to survive this character/mii costume wave 5

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If it ends up being KOS-MOS we will probably be in the dark for the rest of the characters.

Which means the only concrete evidence we have until proven fake is the CacoMallow footage/images.

Dude the deconfirmed list is only for fp5 not post pass

So are boy geno, doomslayer, ryu hayabusa and crash bandicoot would all be back on the table after today

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Well, we also have the Mii list from Papa's source, which has been proven correct so far. If that turns up true and we get Mallow, Smithy, AND Chocobo Miis, Geno would be looking very likely. As UberMadman UberMadman said, I could see them going as far as a Mallow hat as compensation if Geno was to remain costumed, but Smithy on top of it with Chocobo joining them both? I could see Geno being a fighter and releasing with those three, maybe even with his Mii outfit in tow as a pure port. Gotta milk those dollars from the Geno fans, after all, and I sure wouldn't mind buying the outfit alongside Geno as a full-on fighter.

D

Deleted member

Dude the deconfirmed list is only for fp5 not post pass

So are boy geno, doomslayer, ryu hayabusa and crash bandicoot would all be back on the table after today
I don't think that he meant KOS-MOS means we're just done forever, he means we just legitimately won't know anything about future fighters. KOS-MOS would prove Vergeben wrong for calling no Namco, but both he and Sabi would find a way to snake out of it and keep posting bull****. Also, a fair talking point is the fact that Nintendo took down the video with KOS-MOS, even though it was Mario Kart, I think? If they were being super protective of Smash and made a mistake, it would still cal into question why they didn't take down the Mallowdemon videos, meaning it was most likely a hoax.

Of course, I just doubt KOS-MOS in general. Going into this thing, it's either going to be Quote and Nicalis blew the whole lid off of this, or it's a total left field pick. Since the chances of it being Geno are impressively low, whoever it is, I just want it to be damnation for Sabi and Verge. Sick of both of them.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don't think that he meant KOS-MOS means we're just done forever, he means we just legitimately won't know anything about future fighters. KOS-MOS would prove Vergeben wrong for calling no Namco, but both he and Sabi would find a way to snake out of it and keep posting bull****. Also, a fair talking point is the fact that Nintendo took down the video with KOS-MOS, even though it was Mario Kart, I think? If they were being super protective of Smash and made a mistake, it would still cal into question why they didn't take down the Mallowdemon videos, meaning it was most likely a hoax.

Of course, I just doubt KOS-MOS in general. Going into this thing, it's either going to be Quote and Nicalis blew the whole lid off of this, or it's a total left field pick. Since the chances of it being Geno are impressively low, whoever it is, I just want it to be damnation for Sabi and Verge. Sick of both of them.
well kos-mos would end vergeben and sabi since kos-mos is bandi namco and they both deconfirmed any character from that company

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah if Nintendo whiffs at the game awards and then decides to wait until the January direct to even just show 5 I might just take a break from smash for a bit. This whole thing has left me rather exhausted and I just don't have the energy to put up with the bull**** that's been the marketing for the fighters pass any longer. Really hope tonight is worth watching though I'll have to catch it after the fact. Either way I'm just glad shovel knight is finally finished the wait for this has been excruciating.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Okay, I did get permission and this will blow your minds. I actually talked to the guy who talked to the Mii costume leaker who talked to him who talked to Papagenos. Got it memorized? Okay, so I talked to this guy and he showed me the original messages he got for both Mallow/Smithy and the Banjo costumes and all the SNK stuff. As a recap, it was said that Terry's costumes would be: Geese Howard, Haomaru, Nakoruru, "Classic SNK costumes", and Kyo. The problem with this is that, reading the original message, the guy never said that these were costumes. "Costumes" was actually a typo and simply meant characters. Why's that important? It wasn't a costume leak... It was a spirit board leak! The person who read this misinterpreted the original message, meaning the leaker wasn't wrong, he was right because he forgot to specify in his message what the list actually was. It was Terry's spirit board, which he got 100%!

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Okay, I did get permission and this will blow your minds. I actually talked to the guy who talked to the Mii costume leaker who talked to him who talked to Papagenos. Got it memorized? Okay, so I talked to this guy and he showed me the original messages he got for both Mallow/Smithy and the Banjo costumes and all the SNK stuff. As a recap, it was said that Terry's costumes would be: Geese Howard, Haomaru, Nakoruru, "Classic SNK costumes", and Kyo. The problem with this is that, reading the original message, the guy never said that these were costumes. "Costumes" was actually a typo and simply meant characters. Why's that important? It wasn't a costume leak... It was a spirit board leak! The person who read this misinterpreted the original message, meaning the leaker wasn't wrong, he was right because he forgot to specify in his message what the list actually was. It was Terry's spirit board, which he got 100%!
GENO CONFIRMED BOYS LETS GET IT

D

Deleted member

He comin!

Last edited by a moderator:

Firox

Smash Master
Holy **** on a **** sandwich with **** on top....and a side helping ****! So would that mean that the Mallow and Smithy "costumes" were actually hints toward a Geno spirit board?! I could TOTALLY see Smithy being added as a spirit even if his costume never happens.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Huh, would you be able to show the messages?

It just seems really weird to me that he would know the Banjo costumes, the SNK stuff, but also know about Mallow/Smithy even though it's extremely unlikely that Geno is 5.

LDGno97

Smash Cadet
Now I want a duo character like Ice Climbers but with Geno and Doomguy lol
I thought in some arcade duo rep, like Snow Brothers, or Joe & Mac. Snow Bros and Caveman Ninja were the some of the first games that I ever played, along with Wonder Boy and Mario Bros.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
...i think i'm starting to feel the sweet taste of victory right now

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Holy **** on a **** sandwich with **** on top....and a side helping ****! So would that mean that the Mallow and Smithy "costumes" were actually hints toward a Geno spirit board?!
Mallow is already a spirit, but this guy was leaking mii costumes AND spirits, just saying they were "characters," so I think a Mallow costume is still going to be a thing, and Smithy COULD be a costume, but is more likely just a spirit.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This honestly reads like one of the Luis scenes from Ant-Man XD. Still, it's exciting if it's true, though I feel like it might be back-pedaling on the part of the leaker, if it even is the actual leaker.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I really do think we’ll get a TGA reveal. Things really seem to be pointing towards it to the point that I unironically think Dorito Pope would have said so if it weren’t happening like Nintendo did before the Terry direct. I think this because they know people will be pissed if it doesn’t happen.

In terms of character I hope it’s not Kos-MOs because I’m just not excited about her though it would make sense for them to get in a female character for the pass. My fingers are still crossed for Doomguy more than Dragonborn. It would just be more fitting and unique and would essentially confirm the cacomallow leak and Geno getting in.

786A915C-56CC-4948-A991-1A886C0986DD.gif

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
GAME. OVER.

CHECKMATE.

VICTORY SCREECH!

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Oh god. Oh ****.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, do we know why the SMRPG costumes were described as "Mallow/Smithy"? I always found it odd that they weren't listed separately.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
So if Geno DOES get a spirit board, would that mean it's possible for Geno to be FP5 technically?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Huh, would you be able to show the messages?

It just seems really weird to me that he would know the Banjo costumes, the SNK stuff, but also know about Mallow/Smithy even though it's extremely unlikely that Geno is 5.
So I did ask about that and it's interesting. The original guy just gave him this list of names. Didn't specify when they were going to happen. Because Hero and Banjo were already announced, he simply assumed the SMRPG Mii costumes were coming with Hero and just shrugged his shoulders and was like "uh, I guess the rest of these are Banjo's... Weird. No Microsoft costumes I guess..." Well, he was right about Banjo but the SMRPG costumes, obviously, are still MIA.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well this is certainly good news, the question is where does this place geno in the dlc list? if 5 is out and 6 is really unlikely then how did he get access to the info for 7 so far in advance and then why nothing about 6?

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So if Geno DOES get a spirit board, would that mean it's possible for Geno to be FP5 technically?
Mallow/Smithy wasn't refering to spirits, it was still listed with the rest of the mii costumes. This is just saying that people thought it was wrong on the SNK stuff when in reality it was misinterpreted as costumes instead of spirits

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I'm not following. What was confirmed by the friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a leaker?
Essentially, the leaker that called the Banjo costumes, also knew Terry's entire spirit board, adding credibility to the Mallow/Smithy and Chocobo hat costume predictions.

Also, Megadoomer Megadoomer , that's a perfect analogy rofl!!

D

Deleted member

This honestly reads like one of the Luis scenes from Ant-Man XD. Still, it's exciting if it's true, though I feel like it might be back-pedaling on the part of the leaker, if it even is the actual leaker.
I'm going with this - it feels like a clarification that should have come ages ago. At some point someone should have said "nah man I meant the spirit board", long before we knew it was the spirit board.

There's basically no way it takes more than 10 minutes for them to port in some PNGs and make spirit battles so I don't see why every DLC fighter won't be coming with a spirit board.

In terms of character I hope it’s not Kos-MOs because I’m just not excited about her though it would make sense for them to get in a female character for the pass.
If we need a female character we can meet in the middle and get Curly Brace, no Quote. :ultpacman:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Holy **** on a **** sandwich with **** on top....and a side helping ****! So would that mean that the Mallow and Smithy "costumes" were actually hints toward a Geno spirit board?! I could TOTALLY see Smithy being added as a spirit even if his costume never happens.
I think the original leak with mallow/smithy was definitively a costume leak.

This second list he put out for Terry was a spirit board leak, but he never specified in the message so whoever received the message assumed those were also costumes.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Holy **** on a **** sandwich with **** on top....and a side helping ****! So would that mean that the Mallow and Smithy "costumes" were actually hints toward a Geno spirit board?!
No, that wouldn’t make sense, that list was all costumes.

However, if true, it does bring a lot of credence to that costume list.

My personal theory is actually that both of those costumes were legitimately supposed to come with the Geno costume as part of Hero’s wave... until post-pass DLC happened and Geno finally got his long-awaited promotion. The Geno costume was fully shelved, yet those two and the Chocobo hat were left hanging around for later use, leading to the leaker seeing them along with the Wave 3 costumes.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm going to be putting these in spoilers due to stretching the hell out of the page, but my Krabs Countdown project is FINISHED!

Thanks to everyone for putting up with this silly little project of mine, it helped keep me sane during the wait up to the Game Awards. We may or may not even get a reveal tonight, but I'm happy to be in this with the rest of you!
I entered in this thread soley for this and i am satisfied. :) Best of luck everyone for tonight if it our time :)

Why do you give me hope Fatman? Ugh Not to rain on everyone's parade like this is 100% confirmation - though it really makes it look great and hopeful however do not approach this with 100% lock. We need to see him announced. Though i am with all of you people that i hope this is the real deal just be cautious is all. :) I am off of these boards for fear of getting spoilers. Im at work I get off at 5pm i will go straight home and stream TGA. Best of luck to everyone! I hope our puppet man time is now or very very soon. Geno ALLLLLLLLLLL THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well. This is a thing I wish we knew a lot sooner, because hot d***!

Also, more Silvagunner Geno stuff.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I know it’s been said multiple times before but I really think the costume leak is real and the cacomallow leak as well. In all this time neither has conclusively been disproved. Also the cacomallow leak just looks legit to me I can’t put my finger on why. And no one has definitively come out to claim it’s theirs. I’ve felt overall really good about Geno’s chances but this new revelation about the Terry spirits is huge and makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I know it’s been said multiple times before but I really think the costume leak is real and the cacomallow leak as well. In all this time neither has conclusively been disproved. Also the cacomallow leak just looks legit to me I can’t put my finger on why. And no one has definitively come out to claim it’s there’s. I’ve felt overall really good about Geno’s chances but this new revelation about the Terry spirits is huge and makes a lot of sense.
Our boy is coming and i couldn't be more happy about it, i think that maybe it's both the quality of the models and the textures looking very good what makes this leak so interesting

D

Deleted member

Well, gee! Sure wish we would've gotten that info on the Terry spirit board sooner. That Cacomallow leak looks even more likely to be real now.

Gonna keep holding on to my seat on the Geno train for this one! HE'S COMING HOME I CAN FEEL IT.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If we do get those three costumes, I feel like the chances of getting Geno have suddenly skyrocketed, especially with the timing of post-pass DLC being penned in. Why else would they hold the SMRPG costumes and Chocobo off? For what? Other Square reps have so much Mii costume potential that I can't see them front-loading with that much SMRPG content + Geno's costume. That's a lot to dump in there.

I know people have issues with Fatman's credibility, and trust me, I understand. I really do. This is coming from PapaGenos' Mii costume source, though, and if the stars are aligning with his info (that we have already seen proof of, straight from the horse's mouth a.k.a Discord screenshots), it could be very good. I'm going to hold a healthy amount of skepticism regardless, though. Insider **** is muddy as hell and I refuse to put all my cards in on ANYTHING. This is coming from the girl who didn't feel 100% about B-K despite being told by a reputable person that they were coming. I'm incredibly cynical... so none of that, "Oh, now you're interested in insider words just because it's Geno, huh?!" Not at all. Massive grains of salt here. I may be intrigued, but I'm not gonna dump all my chips in one place for ANY character, biased or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom