• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Good Morning, Good Morning
It's great to stay in the Geno thread
Good Morning, Good Morning, to you
When the band began to play,the stars were shining bright
But now the puppet's on his way, It's too late to say goodnight
PicsArt_12-12-10.24.05.png

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Oh my god, don't get the Quote fans hopes up

On one hand, the rights issues re: Quote are an absolute travesty on the level of Kojima and MGS.

On the other, if this means some kind of official Isaac Mii Hat, I‘m on board.

So a modder gotten his KOS-MOS mod taken down by Nintendo and some people are freaking out over in the KOS-MOS thread right now. Here is the Twitter link:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/1205029531624431618

What do you guys think about this?
I have to preface these things with my usual disclaimer that I have nothing against this character in particular.

With that said, know that I mean nothing against the actual character when I say the harsh-sounding statement that KOS-MOS would be an incredibly disappointing choice for #5 to the general audience.

The claim that she’s “Namco’s crossover queen” sounds like she’s been in far more titles than she actually has been, when it’s really just been a Tales spin-off, some crossover strategy RPGs also developed by Monolith, and Xenoblade 2... where she’s an incredibly rare drop that many players might not even encounter in their playthrough. Her costume and weapon have appeared in a few more things, namely a few mainline Tales titles and Soul Calibur III, but that’s the entire extent of it.

I would absolutely argue that at this current moment in time, she’s noticeably more obscure than Geno is right now, but admittedly the only reason for that is years of Smash speculation where he’s an increasingly common name.

However, all that is completely besides the main point, the giant bonus Mii Costume in the room: Getting KOS-MOS as FP5 when Rex was just a bonus costume that comes with the pass will be seen as an especially missed opportunity, and I doubt they’d specifically go and mess with people like that. If KOS-MOS really was FP5, then it would make far more sense to save Rex’s costume for her instead of giving it to us at the outset, especially with him already being a Spirit anyway.

And yes, I am well and truly aware of Sakurai’s relevance comment, and think that it will be used to very good effect in post-pass. But I can easily see there being quite a bit of unrest going around if they “use that statement” to immediately give us practically the most obscure character currently known to Smash speculation as the final character of a pass that most people paid for in advance over a year ago, especially after giving us a bit of a lesser known character with Terry.

Note that none of this is specifically saying that she can’t be #5, more saying that it would be a bizarre, controversial move, to say the least.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
On one hand, the rights issues re: Quote are an absolute travesty on the level of Kojima and MGS.

On the other, if this means some kind of official Isaac Mii Hat, I‘m on board.

I have to preface these things with my usual disclaimer that I have nothing against this character in particular.

With that said, know that I mean nothing against the actual character when I say the harsh-sounding statement that KOS-MOS would be an incredibly disappointing choice for #5 to the general audience.

The claim that she’s “Namco’s crossover queen” sounds like she’s been in far more titles than she actually has been, when it’s really just been a Tales spin-off, some crossover strategy RPGs also developed by Monolith, and Xenoblade 2... where she’s an incredibly rare drop that many players might not even encounter in their playthrough. Her costume and weapon have appeared in a few more things, namely a few mainline Tales titles and Soul Calibur III, but that’s the entire extent of it.

I would absolutely argue that at this current moment in time, she’s noticeably more obscure than Geno is right now, but admittedly the only reason for that is years of Smash speculation where he’s an increasingly common name.

However, all that is completely besides the main point, the giant bonus Mii Costume in the room: Getting KOS-MOS as FP5 when Rex was just a bonus costume that comes with the pass will be seen as an especially missed opportunity, and I doubt they’d specifically go and mess with people like that. If KOS-MOS really was FP5, then it would make far more sense to save Rex’s costume for her instead of giving it to us at the outset, especially with him already being a Spirit anyway.

And yes, I am well and truly aware of Sakurai’s relevance comment, and think that it will be used to very good effect in post-pass. But I can easily see there being quite a bit of unrest going around if they “use that statement” to immediately give us practically the most obscure character currently known to Smash speculation as the final character of a pass that most people paid for in advance over a year ago, especially after giving us a bit of a lesser known character with Terry.

Note that none of this is specifically saying that she can’t be #5, more saying that it would be a bizarre, controversial move, to say the least.
I have never played a Xeno game in general in my life, I just think KOS-MOS looks cool and would be fun to play. Plus Xenosega came before Xenoblade so KOS-MOS is basically like Shulk, Elma, Rex, and Pyra's big sister. KOS-MOS is a important character to the Xeno series.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've considered that. Not sure if Nintendo's plan is to ****ing annihilate the competition again or blend in. If Nintendo's is just to roast ass, yeah, I could see a Smash reveal but other companies are going to be pissed if Nintendo does what I think they're going to do.
It would be a nice counter to last year's which was very Not Nintendo until Joker's reveal.

If there is no Smash reveal, then a Direct better be coming soon.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why not just share your prediction? You aren't leaking anything, so why not just share your thoughts to add to the melting pot of ideas that we can postulate over before the VGA?

I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say since you're hyping it up!
So, funny story... With this whole Sabi business the past week, a lot of insiders have been messaging me, not only sharing stories of their own on how Sabi wronged them in the past but thanking me too for my posts. On that note, there's been a lot of "oh, by the way, as thanks..." and I've gotten a metric ****ton of hints about the VGAs and honestly probably the January Direct too so I'm just sitting there like:

limes_guy.jpg

"Goddamnit..." You know me, I love sharing with you all so I'm going about my usual business of being cryptic and vague to a frustrating degree. As always, I don't care if I'm wrong but I do want to protect the sources nevertheless. Before people whine and flail their arms, yes, I got permission to share my thoughts here and on Discord and that's literally it. I know stuff but have no intention of being an e-celeb or whatever the ****. Just sharing cool rumors with my Geno Amici.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So, funny story... With this whole Sabi business the past week, a lot of insiders have been messaging me, not only sharing stories of their own on how Sabi wronged them in the past but thanking me too for my posts. On that note, there's been a lot of "oh, by the way, as thanks..." and I've gotten a metric ****ton of hints about the VGAs and honestly probably the January Direct too so I'm just sitting there like:

View attachment 252397

"Goddamnit..." You know me, I love sharing with you all so I'm going about my usual business of being cryptic and vague to a frustrating degree. As always, I don't care if I'm wrong but I do want to protect the sources nevertheless. Before people whine and flail their arms, yes, I got permission to share my thoughts here and on Discord and that's literally it. I know stuff but have no intention of being an e-celeb or whatever the ****. Just sharing cool rumors with my Geno Amici.
****! I kind of knew we would probably be waiting all the way to January to hear who FP5 is. ****.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Well, today's the day. Today will be the day we finally can end this speculatory period with (hopefully) a bang.....Or we could get a very anticlimatic end or even nothing at all. In any case, with all this talk about KOS-MOS and Dragonborn, me thinks I will set my expectations to the bottom of the barrel. I would love a Genoguy dual reveal but who knows who it will really be.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
****! I kind of knew we would probably be waiting all the way to January to hear who FP5 is. ****.
Never said it couldn't happen. I just think it would be overkill. If there's a Smash reveal tonight, Nintendo is absolutely going for blood based on other rumors for VGA reveals. Basically if Nintendo does Smash along with their other plans, it's just ****in' done. GG. They've already won the VGAs based on the rumors.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

View attachment 252397

Just when you try to get out they pull you back in huh?

Nah but seriously I totally respect you not wanting to be a “famed” leaker or anything, even if people are telling you cool stuff.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Never said it couldn't happen. I just think it would be overkill. If there's a Smash reveal tonight, Nintendo is absolutely going for blood based on other rumors for VGA reveals. Basically if Nintendo does Smash along with their other plans, it's just ****in' done. GG. They've already won the VGAs based on the rumors.
Remember “Metroid Prime Trilogy at the VGAs” though? A bunch of what you’re hearing right now could absolutely end up being bait.

Of course, however, we have less than twelve hours until the event anyway, so we’ll get a better picture then.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Just when you try to get out they pull you back in huh?

Nah but seriously I totally respect you not wanting to be a “famed” leaker or anything, even if people are telling you cool stuff.
Honestly being a leaker sounds like it would be a burden with a HIGH risk. It's totally not worth it in my book. I respect Fatmanonice Fatmanonice for not choosing to be one.

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
No offense to any KOS-bros out there, but if the Fighter's Pass is going to fizzle out, Nintendo might want to support themselves with those other bombshells after all.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
If we honestly have to wait until January to see fp5, Nintendo better blow it out of the water with that reveal.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So a modder gotten his KOS-MOS mod taken down by Nintendo and some people are freaking out over in the KOS-MOS thread right now. Here is the Twitter link:

That might be straw grasping

Nintendo has taken down videos before that isn’t leak related and that’s just a mod it’s probably a coincidence

And no don’t mean the cacodemon/mallow costume leak is fake either heck they probably didn’t deleted it because it would lead to suspicions (learned their lesson from smash 4 leak)

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If they really don't reveal 5 this month and hold it for a potential January Direct, then the announcement to release gap would be the shortest for this pass, the opposite of Joker. They have until February to be done with the pass, so 5 would potentially have only a month to hype. Joker had 5 months (December reveal to April release), Hero alittle under 2, Banjo at 3 and Terry at 2.

So maybe Nintendo will wait until February 29th so 5 will have a 27 second gap.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

I doubt this means anything. It IS a mod of one of their most popular games after all, and a damn good one at that. I think it's just a case of Nintendo wanting to prevent confusion when FP5 is revealed, because right now people are speculating about KOS-MOS like mad and if that video still exists, there's a good chance that it'd get suggested alongside FP5 due to how YouTube's algorithm works, and the last thing Nintendo wants is to advertise mods of their own games, indirectly or not.
Didn't know TGAs were something you won outside of the awards...

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That might be straw grasping

Nintendo has taken down videos before that isn’t leak related and that’s just a mod it’s probably a coincidence

And no don’t mean the cacodemon/mallow costume leak is fake either heck they probably didn’t deleted it because it would lead to suspicions (learned their lesson from smash 4 leak)
You might be right. But the fact that Nintendo took this down at a time like this when everyone is talking about KOS-MOS, Verge and Sabi still not being able to figure out or not if she is in or out, and just shortly before the VGAs. It's a pretty funny damn coincidence if she is in fact revealed tonight.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
If they really don't reveal 5 this month and hold it for a potential January Direct, then the announcement to release gap would be the shortest for this pass, the opposite of Joker. They have until February to be done with the pass, so 5 would potentially have only a month to hype. Joker had 5 months (December reveal to April release), Hero alittle under 2, Banjo at 3 and Terry at 2.

So maybe Nintendo will wait until February 29th so 5 will have a 27 second gap.
Not even that. They will wait until exactly February 29th, 11:59:59 PST, and announce and release it in the same exact second.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Remember “Metroid Prime Trilogy at the VGAs” though? A bunch of what you’re hearing right now could absolutely end up being bait.

Of course, however, we have less than twelve hours until the event anyway, so we’ll get a better picture then.
I know and this is why I'm reporting everything as rumors. Only things I've outwardly hinted at seem to be the stuff that's most likely to be legit. Also, about #6, that's supposedly known too with an ETA either being tonight or a January Direct. Also, no, 6 isn't Geno based on the rumors though my theory about Geno being before E3 is pretty damn strong and I got even more supporting evidence that I'll ask if I can share here.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know and this is why I'm reporting everything as rumors. Only things I've outwardly hinted at seem to be the stuff that's most likely to be legit. Also, about #6, that's supposedly known too with an ETA either being tonight or a January Direct. Also, no, 6 isn't Geno based on the rumors though my theory about Geno being before E3 is pretty damn strong and I got even more supporting evidence that I'll ask if I can share here.
I knew it! Geno is going to be :starman::starman:#77:starman::starman:.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You might be right. But the fact that Nintendo took this down at a time like this when everyone is talking about KOS-MOS, Verge and Sabi still not being able to figure out or not if she is in or out, and just shortly before the VGAs. It's a pretty funny damn coincidence if she is in fact revealed tonight.
Anything is possible it could be frogger it could be someone from the deconfirm list of both leakers

And for this case could still be a coincidence

Oh for people worrying this doesn’t go against are cacodemon and mallow costumes I mean like you said close to vga and rumor to be kos-mos plus Nintendo probably not deleting real deal stuff because they learned from smash 4

D

Deleted member

at this point I'm just as hype for what we get as I am hype to know what insiders got wrong. What a fantastic combination, the literal opposite of last year.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I just hope that they show some decent games tonight that are coming out next year, but if FP5 happens to be shown tonight, I hope it’s a character that’s worth spending my $5.99 on and that they look fun to play as, but can’t we just go ahead and skip to Geno’s reveal if he’s actually in the game? :lol:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
All this waiting is killing me inside.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well guys, I'm going to take me a nap. I might stick around here for a hour when the VGAs start before I go to work tonight. I probably won't see the Smash reveal if there is one until lunch time.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Oh man, i'm so excited
PicsArt_12-12-11.47.01.jpg

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Actually here’s some evidence to my point on the kos-mos thing

D

Deleted member

You know, I just want to say that if we've gone this long with no loose lips about 5, I kind of doubt anyone knows 6, at least not someone willing to talk.

Also know as: this is bait.

D

Deleted member

Have you heard anything about how post Pass DLC works as another fighters Pass or the rest as individual DLC?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom