• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
0258EFBA-A465-4710-B63D-B6677AADC4A5.jpeg
Who would’ve thought that mii costumes and spirits, the same things that spelled Geno’s downfall previously, would become integral to bolstering his chances at becoming a playable fighter.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I know it’s been said multiple times before but I really think the costume leak is real and the cacomallow leak as well. In all this time neither has conclusively been disproved. Also the cacomallow leak just looks legit to me I can’t put my finger on why. And no one has definitively come out to claim it’s there’s. I’ve felt overall really good about Geno’s chances but this new revelation about the Terry spirits is huge and makes a lot of sense.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. What Fatman just posted sounds like a missing puzzle piece that could start to link the costume leak and CacoMallow together. Time will tell, but we could be looking at Doom #6 and Geno #7.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Okay, I did get permission and this will blow your minds. I actually talked to the guy who talked to the Mii costume leaker who talked to him who talked to Papagenos. Got it memorized? Okay, so I talked to this guy and he showed me the original messages he got for both Mallow/Smithy and the Banjo costumes and all the SNK stuff. As a recap, it was said that Terry's costumes would be: Geese Howard, Haomaru, Nakoruru, "Classic SNK costumes", and Kyo. The problem with this is that, reading the original message, the guy never said that these were costumes. "Costumes" was actually a typo and simply meant characters. Why's that important? It wasn't a costume leak... It was a spirit board leak! The person who read this misinterpreted the original message, meaning the leaker wasn't wrong, he was right because he forgot to specify in his message what the list actually was. It was Terry's spirit board, which he got 100%!
jeO5qiplvV0.jpg

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Okay, I did get permission and this will blow your minds. I actually talked to the guy who talked to the Mii costume leaker who talked to him who talked to Papagenos. Got it memorized? Okay, so I talked to this guy and he showed me the original messages he got for both Mallow/Smithy and the Banjo costumes and all the SNK stuff. As a recap, it was said that Terry's costumes would be: Geese Howard, Haomaru, Nakoruru, "Classic SNK costumes", and Kyo. The problem with this is that, reading the original message, the guy never said that these were costumes. "Costumes" was actually a typo and simply meant characters. Why's that important? It wasn't a costume leak... It was a spirit board leak! The person who read this misinterpreted the original message, meaning the leaker wasn't wrong, he was right because he forgot to specify in his message what the list actually was. It was Terry's spirit board, which he got 100%!
get a load of this.jpg

Now this is what I like to wake up to

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
KOS-MOS, Doomguy, and Geno would be a well-rounded gang of shootey-bois if you ask me. I'm hyped about all of it.

As to why they'd remove the KOS-MOS mod but not the Cacomallow leak: Because if KOS-MOS comes out tonight they won't want that video being thrown in with her reveal in an algorithmic youtube playlist. They won't remove the Cacomallow leak because it would essentially confirm something that's probably still a short way off from being revealed.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
>Doomguy as 6
>officially known as Doomslayer and goes to Hell and beats up demoms
>666 is the number of the beast/satan

>Geno as 7
>Legend of the 7 Stars

If Sakurai really did this on purpose holy ****

D

Deleted member

If what you're saying is true hot damn does that point towards our boy getting his long awaited promotion but I think I'm gonna withhold judgement until I see his official trailer for myself as I don't want to be crushed again but anyways are the Mallow/Smithy things costumes or Spirits? Cause I don't want to be a downer but what if it's just a spirit event? Even if it isn't what's the likelihood of Spirit promotions getting their own spirits? It wouldn't make as much sense as brand new characters getting their own spirits.

Hopefully it does point towards Geno getting in and I'm wrong though I'll be withholding judgement for now.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
>Doomguy as 6
>officially known as Doomslayer and goes to Hell and beats up demoms
>666 is the number of the beast/satan

>Geno as 7
>Legend of the 7 Stars

If Sakurai really did this on purpose holy ****
Doesn't Piranha Plant throw all of that numbering off? Unless you're counting it as 0; it seems like it was intended to be part of the base game, since it's the only DLC character with a Palutena's Guidance.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So, anyone here streaming the Game Awards tonight? It'd be cool if all the Geno boys could hop into one stream

owjies

Smash Journeyman
KOS-MOS, Doomguy, and Geno would be a well-rounded gang of shootey-bois if you ask me. I'm hyped about all of it.

As to why they'd remove the KOS-MOS mod but not the Cacomallow leak: Because if KOS-MOS comes out tonight they won't want that video being thrown in with her reveal in an algorithmic youtube playlist. They won't remove the Cacomallow leak because it would essentially confirm something that's probably still a short way off from being revealed.
Also, side note on that. If it is KOS-MOS for #5, I distinctly remember Nintendo striking a pair of familiar songs back in July when wave 2 was supposedly decided... hmmmm

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Doesn't Piranha Plant throw all of that numbering off? Unless you're counting it as 0; it seems like it was intended to be part of the base game, since it's the only DLC character with a Palutena's Guidance.
Yeah I always considered it to not really be a part of the FP count. Especially if Geno and Doomguy if they are in are hypothetically coming with music/costumes whereas Plant did not.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
B-but if Plant counts then that would mean that Doomguy and Geno would be
*pupils dilate*
The next reveals

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm going to say that tonight is probably going to be a night of mixed emotions but I want you all here to talk about it afterwards. This could potentially be a really big night for us but perhaps not in the way you'd expect. Don't worry, I don't see anything bad happening to Geno but, like I said, emotions will probably be riding high so come chill with us afterwards.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Interesting findings my dude.

Hopefully it pays off. BTW, today it's the day and then we'll see if there's a Smash announcement or a direct rearing up for reveal. We're so close to knowing it's almost insane.

Anyway, as a last post before the VGA, as I am resting until work and I, chances are won't share my thoughts of the event until I get out of work, I wish we do get to know who's FP5 character by then and not later but you'll never know with Nintendo.

At least we'll get other announcements, hopefully.

So, keep your hopes realistic and expect anything, guys, good or bad.

Get ready, everyone~!

:bowser::starman:.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I really don't want to make a judgement on the cacomallow leak unless I had the opportunity to speak with some people that actually worked in the environment that the leak would have supposedly taken place in, so I could get clarity on the following issues.

1. The video footage was between 3 human players as signified by the headers, so that means there are at least 3 different people involved in the plot and frankly that has me very suspicious how they could have gotten away with it, so I'd like to know how realistic a scenario the video footage is to legitimate play testing as to avoid drawing suspicion.

2. In the screen you can see the reflection of several lights, which look like to me like stage lights based on their output and spacing. Are lights like what you see in the footage a possible fixture in the work environment?

3.In the footage you can clearly see past the screen and discern features of the monitor. While I can't tell what type or brand you can get a good estimate on it's size and color, as well as the fact that there is a wall almost directly behind it and what looks like wires going upwards. is this accurate to what the testers would actually work with and the location it would be taking place in?

Personally as great as those costumes look and even though we are yet to see to it fully created I just don't feel that confident in it's legitimacy right now. After the many hours I've put into this thing it just gives off a couple of friends in someone's living room vibe and while distance between the lights does indicate a very large room without the ability to check anything against the legitimate scenario it would be attempting to pass off as there really isn't more I can do.

Luckily it doesn't look like it matters much at least as far as geno is concerned, the missing costume is confirmed until proven returning in my eyes and that costume leak just seems to get more and more solid.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Some interesting info here now. Can't wait to see.

I was planning on streaming the Game Awards and then some Pokemon later. Welcome to join us! I've been talking about Geno for a while on there. Would be nice for some of them to see more Geno love!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
If the FP5 teaser happens tonight and it starts off at the end of the Ridley trailer I may actually scream. Imagine if they revealed 5 6 and 7 at once in one big cgi blowout with Kos-MOs, Doomguy, and Geno showing up to rescue Mega Man, Mario, and Samus from Ridley.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to say that tonight is probably going to be a night of mixed emotions but I want you all here to talk about it afterwards. This could potentially be a really big night for us but perhaps not in the way you'd expect. Don't worry, I don't see anything bad happening to Geno but, like I said, emotions will probably be riding high so come chill with us afterwards.
This post carries the same vibe as getting a "we need to talk" text/email from your girl/boss, and it's doing me a frighten.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
1555367262148.jpg

Fatman you're doing me a frighten

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
I guess I can share that the chances of Waluigi being 5 at this point are microscopic so hopefully nobody's too bummed out about that prospect.
Thank the lord. Waluigi can get in once the dozens of other more interesting, noteworthy, and not-meme picks get in

Eh, PP obviously was never supposed to be DLC. Clearly a base roster character that didn't make the cut in time.

Is there still any doubt about the VGAs having a reveal tonight? Cause I'm pretty sure I saw something about the Smash Ultimate YT channel uploading a private video a few hours ago.

What time are the VGAs, and where can they be seen?

And what are these Nintendo rumors Fatmanonice is hinting about? Are these open rumors, or do you guys not know what he means?

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
DC20A96B-C0E9-414B-B0A6-73A6DD3A2DC2.jpeg

What did he mean by this

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This post carries the same vibe as getting a "we need to talk" text/email from your girl/boss, and it's doing me a frighten.
I'll just say yes and leave it at that. There's one particular thing that's probably coming tonight that will genuinely upset a lot of people but I promised not to get too deep into it given how close the award ceremony is. Again, Geno's fine and outside of the most absurd Murphy's Law ****ery would he not be.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
If the FP5 teaser happens tonight and it starts off at the end of the Ridley trailer I may actually scream. Imagine if they revealed 5 6 and 7 at once in one big cgi blowout with Kos-MOs, Doomguy, and Geno showing up to rescue Mega Man, Mario, and Samus from Ridley.
What if they end the 5th character trailer with fighters for the next pass on the flaming background just like the first Inkling trailer :eyesemoji:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
MORE LASERS
View attachment 252418

Fatman you're doing me a frighten
10460FF0-5DE9-4AFD-9921-2111AAEBFE7F.jpeg
Explain yourselves and your simultaneous identical word choice

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I really don't want to make a judgement on the cacomallow leak unless I had the opportunity to speak with some people that actually worked in the environment that the leak would have supposedly taken place in, so I could get clarity on the following issues.

1. the video footage was between 3 human players as signified by the headers, so that means there are at least 3 different people involved in the plot and frankly that has me very suspicious how they could have gotten away with it, so I'd like to know how realistic a scenario the video footage is to legitimate play testing as to avoid drawing suspicion.

2. in the screen you can see the reflection of several lights, which look like to me like stage lights based on their output and spacing. Are lights like what you see in the footage a possible fixture in the work environment?

3.in the footage you can clearly see past the screen and discern features of the monitor. While I can't tell what type or brand you can get a good estimate on it's size and color, as well as the fact that there is a wall almost directly behind it and what looks like wires going upwards. is this accurate to what the testers would actually work with and the location it would be taking place in?

Personally as great as those costumes look and even though we are yet to see to it fully created I just don't feel that confident in it's legitimacy right now. After the many hours I've put into this thing it just gives off a couple of friends in someone's living room vibe and while distance between the lights does indicate a very large room without the ability to check anything against the legitimate scenario it would be attempting to pass off as there really isn't more I can do.

Luckily it doesn't look like it matters much at least as far as geno is concerned, the missing costume is confirmed until proven returning in my eyes and that costume leak just seems to get more and more solid.
It was a 100% a replay due to the names being Mii Brawler and Gunner and the Camera angle in the picture only being possible there.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I would cry real tears to see them together like that. All three characters mean a lot to me for different reasons.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'll just say yes and leave it at that. There's one particular thing that's probably coming tonight that will genuinely upset a lot of people but I promised not to get too deep into it given how close the award ceremony is. Again, Geno's fine and outside of the most absurd Murphy's Law ****ery would he not be.
Like how bad, are we talking Federation Force/Color Splash levels of bad?

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
That's the same guy who said Fighter Pass character 5 was Crash back in October. Someone both Sabi and Verge's source have said isn't fighter 5. So if that comes true I'll be really surprised.

Course those costumes could be later or something. Crash could be later, etc.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
That post by Fatman is very interesting. Again, I really think this is Geno's time. My confidence in the doll/puppet is getting higher and higher.

But for now, this is the last time I will be talking to you all before the Game Awards. The day is finally here. I'm still sticking with Doom Slayer, Arle, and Bamco rep as my top predictions. Hopefully it's Doom Slayer, not only because he is one of my most wanted, but also because that would almost certainly confirm that the cacomallow leak is real and Geno would be a shoo-in at that point (Though if it's not Doom Slayer, that does not mean that the cacomallow leak is fake, nor does it decrease Doom Slayer and Geno's chances.).

Good luck to all of you and to Geno. I have a strong feeling tonight is going to be wild.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Excuse me while I start vibrating violently
IMG_20191108_081609.jpg

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
This is... Slightly foreboding, but comforting too. I wonder what the hell is gonna happen tonight then...

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Super skeptical about this. It feels very convenient to happen today, and all the people it had to go through is like a game of telephone.
But it was a screencap of a post that is being referenced. That’s not really going to change despite coming through several people.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Upset us specifically or nintendo game fans in general?

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Just to clarify: something SMASH-RELATED that will upset people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom