• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I do happen to have a Mario RPG-specific question I meant to ask earlier; are there any traditions you have for when playing Super Mario RPG? For example, when I rented Super Mario RPG from Blockbuster probably for the second time, one of the save files was right before the Yaridovich fight. As a kid it was a difficult fight I couldn't really take on, and I'd always get destroyed by his water blast. These days of course it's no problem but typically when I pass through Seaside and get to the part just before you fight Yaridovich, I like to leave at least one of the save files in my game at that point in memory of that encounter I had when I was young. It's also one of the reasons ol' Yarid is probably my favorite of Smithy's minions because he seemed like an unstoppable force to my younger self, and I also like the location for where you fought him.

I wouldn't exactly call this a tradition but I always gotta have Geno on my team.

Also funny side note; the second time I tried renting Super Mario RPG from Blockbuster my brother took the game out of my hands and put it back on the shelf, and I thought he was making me put it back, but I didn't notice somebody else had put the wrong game behind the Mario RPG box so he simply corrected me and got the right one. Useless detail but kinda funny.
I’ve played through Mario RPG four times, and each play through I try to take on Culex at a lower level than the previous run. I played through Mario RPG last fall on the SNES mini, and I was around Lv. 20 when I reached Monstro Town. It was pretty tough even with Mario/Geno/Peach and I got a little lucky with one of my Red Essences getting a “Once More!”

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Has no one considered that Nintendo might possibly want the fighters pass to be complete for the Christmas rush? They announce fighter 5 (DOOM) at the game awards and to everyone’s surprise, fighter 5 is available... after the show. They then tease the first stand-alone DLC fighter (♥♪!?) at the end of the show, once Ultimate wins game of the year of course.
I would love this so much and it does make an amount of sense. I mean, why not take advantage of the Christmas rush?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Oh yes, I almost forgot! I hope all of you have been enjoying my Countdown Krabs to the Game Awards!

TWO MORE DAYS! GIVE IT UP FOR TWO MORE DAYS!

View attachment 251805
I'm really appreciating your Krabsposting, but I'd be careful if I were you. Mods are cracking down on off-topic posts and they're handing out warnings like candy. As a safety precaution, I'd advise you start putting Geno hats on anything off-topic. Mods can only see small parts of an image, so I think that putting a Geno hat on your image might be enough to shield yourselves from the mods' notice. Stay safe out there, okay? MisterMike, out.
GenoBoomer.png

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm really appreciating your Krabsposting, but I'd be careful if I were you. Mods are cracking down on off-topic posts and they're handing out warnings like candy. As a safety precaution, I'd advise you start putting Geno hats on anything off-topic. Mods can only see small parts of an image, so I think that putting a Geno hat on your image might be enough to shield yourselves from the mods' notice. Stay safe out there, okay? MisterMike, out.
View attachment 251808
Well, I mean, The Game Awards may or may not effect Geno so I'd say TGA is fair game. I'm not here to be the "No fun allowed" guy. Just trying to appease everyone and keep the thread from being flooded by off topic nonsense.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I... see. Aw, I kinda like being off task. I do understand that this IS a Geno thread first and foremost and not a social/newcomer thread but...

...well, you guys should hopefully know me as someone who doesn't have as much stock in Geno as say you guys. I'm supporting him because of YOU all. I've been in here because I genuinely believe he is gonna get in and I've wanted to walk alongside the last big group of fans who have waited for a character for so long. People like Fatmanonice, Ovaltine, Franco Geno, etc., these people are some of lovely folks I'd be stoked to see their reactions regarding Geno in Smash. You guys have LONG had your dues up there with the Ridley, King K. Rool, as well as Banjo & Kazooie fans. I want you guys to get your star puppet despite me never playing Super Mario RPG (hoping to rectify that soon). I suppose I'm not really in the "family," more so a (hopefully good) next door neighbor who loves being a part of the parties you throw.

But... well, I'll agree with ForsakenM ForsakenM (albeit less harshly), a lot of the Geno topics do seem to be exhausted. I think that's because... yeah, Geno IS irrelevant (I mean absolutely 0 disrespect with that statement. And I am NOT saying that as a demeaning statement towards Geno since... well, say hello to Mr. Game & Watch, Pit, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, etc.). Geno is a pretty niche dude (outside of the so-called "Smash Bubble") and there just isn't a whole lot unique to discuss. Especially when information regarding him is few and far between.

From what I've seen, while this thread does get off topic, I still see tons of Geno comments and comments revolving around him. Heck, I hear Fatmanonice has been around here for a while and HE gets off topic. He has done the same things other people do: he brings up other character possibilities and then will sometimes bring it back to Geno. I mean, this thread has been anxiously awaiting his big "why Geno has a great shot to be playable" text dump, so he is definitely on people's minds in here still.

Is this a Geno thread? Yeah. Should that always be kept in mind? Yeah. But I think people just genuinely like the group of people here, and due to the thread's immense size, people just get off topic. I think there have been much longer stretches of time off topic without any comments really. Right now people are just starved for info. And people could (and maybe should sometimes) go into a different thread to just chat, but like Fatmanonice has said, people view this thread like a family, and I understand them coming here instinctively for refuge and chatter.

Sorry for my wall of text. I just really do like the general vibe of this thread (most of the time) and I will defend it! (Hopefully I didn't say anything that offended anyone.)

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
View attachment 251808
So you're saying all I need to bypass the mods is putting a Geno hat on top of an image? Interesting...

grinch smile geno.png

the irony of using Grinch in a Geno meme lmao

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Really people come on we have been given an absolutely unreasonable amount of leeway to run the thread as we've seen fit largely because it was mostly in good faith and we always steer it back ourselves before anyone notices. If you try and fight the mods when they happen to correct it manually you better believe were going to lose that which I'm sure no one here wants so just cool it on things that aren't tangentially related to geno, smrpg or geno's place in speculation to some level. Its not like we can't speculate on who 5 is or what's going to be at tga but discussion of the other picks without the intention that it's done so in relation to geno's chances for future dlc in some shape or form, specifically when it's done for long periods of time intentionally and without break isn't the point of the thread. We'll have to wait untill he's announced and we get moved over and become a social thread for that.

Night yall love you guys. :)

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Really people come on we have been given an absolutely unreasonable amount of leeway to run the thread as we've seen fit largely because it was mostly in good faith and we always steer it back ourselves before anyone notices. If you try and fight the mods when they happen to correct it manually you better believe were going to lose that which I'm sure no one here wants so just cool it on things that aren't tangentially related to geno, smrpg or geno's place in speculation to some level. Its not like we can't speculate on who 5 is or what's going to be at tga but discussion of the other picks without the intention that it's done so in relation to geno's chances for future dlc in some shape or form, specifically when it's done for long periods of time intentionally and without break isn't the point of the thread. We'll have to wait untill he's announced and we get moved over and become a social thread for that.

Night yall love you guys. :)
You are 100 percent correct but I can guarantee you people are just going to double-down on feeling entitled to do whatever they want because the thread is large and therefore we're a "community" so therefore people can ignore mods when they give direct requests to be on-topic.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I am part of the pineapple on pizza club.

On another note, it's been a while since I played SMRPG. I should do another play-through once I'm on holiday break. Dunno if I'll go back to trying to speed run it though. It was fun for a bit but I realized I prefer to just get my characters as OP as possible which in a speed run is not really possible. Well I mean scratch that it's possible in the glitched categories lol. Maybe I'll try the randomizer :starman:

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I am part of the pineapple on pizza club.

On another note, it's been a while since I played SMRPG. I should do another play-through once I'm on holiday break. Dunno if I'll go back to trying to speed run it though. It was fun for a bit but I realized I prefer to just get my characters as OP as possible which in a speed run is not really possible. Well I mean scratch that it's possible in the glitched categories lol. Maybe I'll try the randomizer :starman:
GR! Good seeing you around these parts

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Hot take: I actually kinda do.

Feel free to make fun of how bad my taste is.
I am cool with that,as long as you don´t eat regular pepperoni pizza when you have from both pineaple and pepperoni. You ordered your crazy food now you´re stuck eating it!

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I've never tried pizza with pineapple. I hear very mixed things from people.

I don't know if I'd like it though, since pineapple isn't my favorite. It is weird, I like the taste of pineapple, but I don't think it has good... mouth feel. I don't know how to describe it. It just doesn't have good texture and I dislike biting into it.

When I think of pineapples, all I think of is a sea sponge with sqaure pants

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't think I've seen this low of a number of people in the thread for awhile now. I guess it's because it's so damn early in the morning lol!

Edit: Well guys, I'm getting off my lunch break so I have to go back to work.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Hot take:
Pineapple on pizza is mad grotty and if you have it you're at least a little manky (best pizza topping IMO is pepperoni and mushrooms).

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I've seen this low of a number of people in the thread for awhile now. I guess it's because it's so damn early in the morning lol!

Edit: Well guys, I'm getting off my lunch break so I have to go back to work.
My God you are right! Its almost eerie now.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I just realized: Well it's still a slim possibility, since Geno is probably coming post Season Pass Boshi's chances of coming along with him as a Yoshi Echo will definitely increase.

Edit:

Two more days until the VGA.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You naughty, naughty boi. :secretkpop:

So when is Fatmanonice Fatmanonice posting his big essay?
Like I said, hopefully by the VGAs.

So, interesting thing with all this Sabi stuff, a lot of people have been messaging me on Discord providing stories and evidence that Sabi did awful things to them too. One of the guys was involved with the whole Power Rangers : Battle for the Grid scandal. Long story short: Sabi stole his info and blasted it without his permission, the company was actually really, really upset about it getting leaked, and said it caused a lot of problems in the company including one of his friends almost getting fired over it. He provided evidence for all of it, of course.

So, at the tail end of our conversation, he thanked me for listening and offered a hint about today. He said that the Indie presentation today would probably be worth watching. He suggested that there is going to be an announcement on par with Cadence of Hyrule but specifically mentioned it wasn't crossover related so it will be interesting to see how that pans out.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
He said that the Indie presentation today would probably be worth watching. He suggested that there is going to be an announcement on par with Cadence of Hyrule but specifically mentioned it wasn't crossover related so it will be interesting to see how that pans out.
Hmmm

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
He suggested that there is going to be an announcement on par with Cadence of Hyrule but specifically mentioned it wasn't crossover related so it will be interesting to see how that pans out.
Is it Hollow Knight: Silksong? I hope it's Silksong.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
He said that the Indie presentation today would probably be worth watching. He suggested that there is going to be an announcement on par with Cadence of Hyrule but specifically mentioned it wasn't crossover related so it will be interesting to see how that pans out.
Oh boy, I hope it's something by Blizzard. They're my favorite indie company after all.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Personally I hate pizza with just pineapples on it, but if you’re feeling adventurous I highly recommend a pineapple and jalapeño pizza, it’s actually really good.

All that being said, since pineapple pizza is an integral part of Geno’s character now I suppose I can’t shun you pineapple loving heathens

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pineapple on pizza? Yes, it works. Sweet-salty-savory is a beautiful combination of things. For example, pineapple on pizza with ham/bacon, jalapenos, and Sriracha is God tier pizza. This is also why pineapple with sweet and sour chicken/pork or pineapple hot pepper bbq sauce with pulled pork/pork loin/pork chops are amazing too.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Pineapple on pizza? Yes, it works. Sweet-salty-savory is a beautiful combination of things. For example, pineapple on pizza with ham/bacon, jalapenos, and Sriracha is God tier pizza. This is also why pineapple with sweet and sour chicken/pork or pineapple hot pepper bbq sauce with pulled pork/pork loin/pork chops are amazing too.
It always amuses me when people will give **** to pineapple on pizza, but turn around and eat other sweet and salty or sweet and savory combinations.

The truth of the matter is about 60 percent if not higher of people who trash pineapple as a pizza topping? They've just never had it and are band wagoning.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Anyone else excited that King of Cards is coming out today, my fellow Genolads?
After all these years...
I’m so excited man XD I backed this game on Kickstarter and I’m so happy it’s finally done lol

Oh, here’s a Geno related topic! If Geno was a Robot Master/Order of No Quarter Knight, what would his name, weapon, and stage be? (Starman in an observatory with a star gun? Puppet Knight in an abandoned toy factory?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom