• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
Yeah, this is kinda the unintentional hilarity in all of this. I mean, has this thread ever gotten a notice for being off topic before? I don't recall so, but it is 2000+ pages, so I may have just forgotten.
Uh yeah it definitely has before. A few months ago someone got a warning for randomly jumping into the thread to tell everyone to support Goemon and there have been multiple times where mods came in to redirect conversation that was off-topic.

Yeah, that was it. That was the joke.

Great job explaining it, you sucked the fun right out of it bud.
Maybe you're just not that funny man idk what to tell you.

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Dang right they would! I'd love it if they got the recognition they deserve in the franchise for being the most beloved characters from the game that created the awesome branch of Mario games that are the RPGs
Who's team do you think They would be on in a new Mario Baseball? I like the Idea of Them, Lubba, and some lumas (idk who else) on Rosalina's team.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Uh yeah it definitely has before. A few months ago someone got a warning for randomly jumping into the thread to tell everyone to support Goemon and there have been multiple times where mods came in to redirect conversation that was off-topic.

I guess I can kinda remember that Goemon one, but wasn't that just a case of a new face jumping into this thread to promote their character? That is a bit different than something concerning the actual natural flow of discussion.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

Ok guys please calm down. Lets keep the peace in the geno thread. We just got burb out of here we dont need more fighting,

images copy 6.jpg

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I do happen to have a Mario RPG-specific question I meant to ask earlier; are there any traditions you have for when playing Super Mario RPG? For example, when I rented Super Mario RPG from Blockbuster probably for the second time, one of the save files was right before the Yaridovich fight. As a kid it was a difficult fight I couldn't really take on, and I'd always get destroyed by his water blast. These days of course it's no problem but typically when I pass through Seaside and get to the part just before you fight Yaridovich, I like to leave at least one of the save files in my game at that point in memory of that encounter I had when I was young. It's also one of the reasons ol' Yarid is probably my favorite of Smithy's minions because he seemed like an unstoppable force to my younger self, and I also like the location for where you fought him.

I wouldn't exactly call this a tradition but I always gotta have Geno on my team.

Also funny side note; the second time I tried renting Super Mario RPG from Blockbuster my brother took the game out of my hands and put it back on the shelf, and I thought he was making me put it back, but I didn't notice somebody else had put the wrong game behind the Mario RPG box so he simply corrected me and got the right one. Useless detail but kinda funny.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I do happen to have a Mario RPG-specific question I meant to ask earlier; are there any traditions you have for when playing Super Mario RPG? For example, when I rented Super Mario RPG from Blockbuster probably for the second time, one of the save files was right before the Yaridovich fight. As a kid it was a difficult fight I couldn't really take on, and I'd always get destroyed by his water blast. These days of course it's no problem but typically when I pass through Seaside and get to the part just before you fight Yaridovich, I like to leave at least one of the save files in my game at that point in memory of that encounter I had when I was young. It's also one of the reasons ol' Yarid is probably my favorite of Smithy's minions because he seemed like an unstoppable force to my younger self, and I also like the location for where you fought him.

I wouldn't exactly call this a tradition but I always gotta have Geno on my team.

Also funny side note; the second time I tried renting Super Mario RPG from Blockbuster my brother took the game out of my hands and put it back on the shelf, and I thought he was making me put it back, but I didn't notice somebody else had put the wrong game behind the Mario RPG box so he simply corrected me and got the right one. Useless detail but kinda funny.
I try to have Mallow/Geno to the end but usually swap Mallow out.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I'm heading out. Again. Maybe I'll come back after the 12th. If not.. Well, I've already given my stance on the matter.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Ok guys please calm down. Lets keep the peace in the geno thread. We just got burb out of here we dont need more fighting,

View attachment 251795
What did I say that's not calm? I just said that maybe he's not that funny for making jokes that are clearly just meant to call a person out and make them feel bad.

I think it's messed up that anytime I respond to someone now even if it's to defend myself from clear flaming that people are going to jump down my throat about it. Also was super cool to see literally no one call out the blatant flaming either.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Honestly, when it comes to my view of off topic conversation, I am just going to say this.

It isn't going to stop. I think that is just the nature of things now. It's clear to everyone that this 2000+ page thread was not built exclusively off of Geno discussion. We have talked leaks, been a hotspot for leaks, talked about other characters and how the can effect Geno or not, learned about other characters that this side of the community may have not known about, had drama, etc. At this point, while Geno is a bonding force for everyone here, this thread has been unintentionally based around this variety of topics and has been for so long that changing that now would take some severely extreme action that I don't think anyone would look kindly upon.

I feel like there is a classic phrase I can use to describe this sort of thing, but it's not coming to me. Someone do tell if you think of something along that regard.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
What did I say that's not calm? I just said that maybe he's not that funny for making jokes that are clearly just meant to call a person out and make them feel bad.

I think it's messed up that anytime I respond to someone now even if it's to defend myself from clear flaming that people are going to jump down my throat about it. Also was super cool to see literally no one call out the blatant flaming either.

Im not saying anyone is right or wrong I just dont want this argument to continue. Im not trying to attack you or forken.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
In the event that Super Mario RPG ever received a proper sequel or if they tried to kind of re-introduce Geno, what kind of attachments/weapons do you think he should come with? I was playing around with the idea that he had a beam sword attachment on his arm to kind of make him more of a walking swiss army knife. Or do you like him best as just primarily guns?

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Can someone fill me in on the "Power of Six" Theory?
The Power of Six theory was proposed by JudgeHeihachi JudgeHeihachi on GameFAQs.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78143628
The theory posits that each fighter was originally supposed to come with 6 Mii Fighter costumes/hats each, and in the process would bring back every third party costume from Smash 4 that was missing from base Ultimate. The way it would've initially worked out is as follows:

Joker: 4 Persona costumes, Tails and Knuckles costumes from Smash 4.
Hero: 4 Dragon Quest costumes, Geno costume and Chocobo hat from Smash 4.
Banjo: Proto Man, Mega Man X, Zero, Mega Man.EXE, Hunter Armor and Rathalos Armor from Smash 4.
Terry: 3 King of Fighters costumes, Jacky, Akira and Heihachi from Smash 4.
FP5 (persumed in the post to be Ryu Hayabusa): 4 new costumes, Lloyd and Gil costumes from Smash 4.

According to this theory, the initial plan was that the 5 Fighters Pass characters (and Plant) were all we were getting for DLC for Ultimate, but because of how stupidly well the pass sold, more DLC Fighters were decided upon almost immediately after it went up for preorder and things got a bit shifted around to accommodate. This explains why every Fighters Pass character after Joker has come with less than 6 costumes: Those costumes, more specifically the IPs, are being held back for later use in next year's DLC either as costumes to come alongside these new fighters, or as fighters themselves.

The characters/costumes currently unaccounted for are as follows: Geno, Chocobo, Mega Man X, Mega Man.EXE, Hunter Armor, Rathalos Armor, Heihachi, Lloyd and Gil. Geno is speculated to have been held back to be included as a fighter, with the Chocobo hat to return alongside him. This would also line up with the Mii Fighter list and CacoMallow posts, which detail a Mallow hat coming to the game but no Geno costume. The 4 Capcom costumes are speculated to come with a new Capcom character, either Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, Dante, or any other Capcom character that would fit the bill.

Alternatively, the Mega Man costumes could come with a fighter that specializes in guns with the Monster Hunter costumes coming with a sword fighter, akin to how the Akira and Jacky costumes returned with Terry who specializes in up-close brawling. That gun-based fighter could potentially be Doomguy if the CacoMallow post is legit and the Cacodemon hat is indeed coming to the game. Heihachi/Lloyd and Gil are speculated to come alongside a Bandai Namco character, with either Lloyd or Heihachi being upgraded to fighter status, with most people gravitating towards Lloyd. This would work out well if we were to have fighters that come with costumes related to their fighting style, with Lloyd being the sword fighter.

So that's Power of Six theory. Right now we have no idea who FP5 is, so it's possible that this may not pan out this way, but it's really interesting to think about. Speaking of, writing out this explaination has given me an interesting idea as to how this could all play out:

Geno as fighter: Mallow Hat, Smithy Costume (Swordfighter), Chocobo Hat, Tifa Costume (Brawler), Sephiroth Costume (Swordfighter), Crono Costume (Swordfighter)
Doomguy as fighter: Cacodemon Hat, Revenant Costume (Gunner), Vault Boy Costume (Brawler), Dovakin Costume (Swordfighter, comes with Skyrim theme a la Sans), Mega Man X, Mega Man.EXE
Lloyd as fighter: Yuri Lowell (Swordfighter), Luke fon Fabre (Swordfighter), Tear Grants (Swordfighter), Dig-Dug (Gunner), Heihachi, Gil

EDIT: Sorry if this isn't on-topic enough Mods, but I started writing this post before you warned people and by gum and I gonna finish it!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
In the event that Super Mario RPG ever received a proper sequel or if they tried to kind of re-introduce Geno, what kind of attachments/weapons do you think he should come with? I was playing around with the idea that he had a beam sword attachment on his arm to kind of make him more of a walking swiss army knife. Or do you like him best as just primarily guns?
I think it would depend on how they would approach the doll element. IF it is the same doll from before, then I would kinda expect the same stuff. If it's something new or a direct upgrade, then I will expect new stuff.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Honestly, when it comes to my view of off topic conversation, I am just going to say this.

It isn't going to stop. I think that is just the nature of things now. It's clear to everyone that this 2000+ page thread was not built exclusively off of Geno discussion. We have talked leaks, been a hotspot for leaks, talked about other characters and how the can effect Geno or not, learned about other characters that this side of the community may have not known about, had drama, etc. At this point, while Geno is a bonding force for everyone here, this thread has been unintentionally based around this variety of topics and has been for so long that changing that now would take some severely extreme action that I don't think anyone would look kindly upon.

I feel like there is a classic phrase I can use to describe this sort of thing, but it's not coming to me. Someone do tell if you think of something along that regard.
I really don't see the issue with making a genuine effort to have the thread centered around Geno. People can imply that there's nothing to talk about if they're not talking about other topics and that's just not true. There's also a big difference between maybe bringing up other character's chances and having pages and pages of people talking about Waluigi or Kos-Mos. People such as yourself are trying to say the thread is a general or social thread and it's just not. The only reason it has shifted that way is because people kept being allowed to post about less and less related things until it became an alternate newcomer thread. I don't think it's unfair to point out that's not the purpose of the thread and that there are areas on this site and elsewhere people can post about that stuff.

Food for thought: IF Geno fans are seen as "toxic" now what do you think the response would be if a few of us would have popped up in the Erdrick thread and every other post we made was about whatever was being spoken of to be a hint towards Geno? Or pages and pages in the Sora thread just became people talking about Geno. At a certain point people would have called that out as being off-topic. I don't see the difference here.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Here's the deal.

Anytime users in this thread, often myself, talk about leaks and the like it's often in terms of how it effects Geno and how it effects the game as a whole. That's fine. Bringing in characters like Demoman and the like that have no real attachment to the thread and jumping in to support them or say that that is your guess for Fighter 5 is entirely irrelevant to the thread. As stated multiple times you are MORE than allowed to do that in the Newcomer Speculation thread. We have been QUITE lenient on this thread because of how big the thread is, it's the biggest one right now (Congrats!), but me asking nicely to change the topic and being met with hostility might mean that we need to be more strict with the thread. Not trying to say that we SHOULD but if need be we can. All I'm asking is to keep it generalized around Geno. If it effects him or his chances in Smash? Go for it. If it's just to say that you think it's a certain character that isn't Geno that is 5, or to support another character, then take it to it's appropriate thread. That's all I'm asking.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Guys, how about we try to write some Christmas songs about Geno?
(And please, let's not start arguments or fights over silly stuff because we're all friends here and this thread doens't need that negativity)
PicsArt_12-10-02.30.00.png

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I feel like Geno is better off being focused on projectile attacks, though the beam sword idea is pretty badass.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
While it would fine and dandy for him go full-on guns mode. The fact that he can turn into a "swiss-blade" weapon in terms of what he can do and could hypothetically become it's just so fascinating.

He could turn into a weapon that Mario or the rest of the potential group could use like a sword, a shield, or even a cannon. He could change his appearance and be more "star-like" in terms of both power and look.

I always assumed that Geno has enough power to change his size to different ones since he went to a small doll and beefed it up to Mario-size. So I feel like he could be made smaller or larger.

Imagine that. A GIANT GENO. That would be awesome.

Also, something that I always had in mind, those thoughts that can get quite fanfic-y but could potentially work, Geno going inside all kinds of things to possess them and get other forms.

What about taking other dolls/toys and getting whatever that has to aid him with his powers.

The possibilities are endless and I wish that somehow one day, we get to see him back in either Smash or another title that had him (and Mallow, can't forget Mallow) to show the many things he could do.

:bowser::starman:.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
[Runs in to talk about leak development]
[Sees the hammer dropped about talking only about Geno]

I don't see what the problem is, but I'm not about to stoke that fire

So to make this Geno centric: New evidence straight from Geoff himself suggests that the infamous KOS-MOS leak that's got everyone riled up is a dead end, ergo more room for our puppety boi

1575957461991.png

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

So to make this Geno centric: New evidence straight from Geoff himself suggests that the infamous KOS-MOS leak that's got everyone riled up is a dead end, ergo more room for our puppety boi

View attachment 251804

Well those are some good news!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Oh yes, I almost forgot! I hope all of you have been enjoying my Countdown Krabs to the Game Awards!

TWO MORE DAYS! GIVE IT UP FOR TWO MORE DAYS!

KrabsDay2.png

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 251804

In that case, I'm convinced FP5 is one of three scenarios.
1.Waluigi - Super Hype, but really doesn't change anything for us.
2.Doomguy - Cacomallow leak could be real, and Geno Could be FP6.
3.Our Boi gets in -Doomguy will probably be next, but more importantly, we win!

Two seems more likely to me, but as said above it's still great news for us potentially.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Has no one considered that Nintendo might possibly want the fighters pass to be complete for the Christmas rush? They announce fighter 5 (DOOM) at the game awards and to everyone’s surprise, fighter 5 is available... after the show. They then tease the first stand-alone DLC fighter (♥♪!?) at the end of the show, once Ultimate wins game of the year of course.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Has no one considered that Nintendo might possibly want the fighters pass to be complete for the Christmas rush? They announce fighter 5 (DOOM) at the game awards and to everyone’s surprise, fighter 5 is available... after the show. They then tease the first stand-alone DLC fighter (♥♪!?) at the end of the show, once Ultimate wins game of the year of course.
What timeline are you living in and how can I get there

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
That sounds EXACTLY like ninty/Sakurai. In that case I think a duo reveal is more likely.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
The thread certainly got... "livelier" since I posted a little bit ago.

What happened (objectively)? Do we have to not be as off task anymore? (Personally I don't mind it, but whatevs.)

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Talk about too good to be true! Gonna have to pop this image again:

dontgivemehopegeno.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom