• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Sora isn't the move for a Kingdom Hearts rep, imo.

Donald got the mother ****ing strap on him, and he's coming for the invite.
Friendly reminder that Donald cast Zettaflare, which is about 1,000 times stronger than the strongest flare attack ever used in FF by Bahamaut (So far), often considered one of the most powerful summons in the series, if not a God in many cases.

I mean yeah, it nearly killed him by casting it, but I dare anyone to say no to that duck.

Last edited:

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
While I do like the STARS connection, I feel like if any RE character was coming they’d have saved the character spirits for that character’s board. I COULD see Nemesis being added as a boss if they every decided to add more though (and man I wish they do), I feel like you can tone down his grossness without making him unrecognizable pretty easily
Hmmmm I see your point but the reason i also brought up Nemesis was that....

-Chris, Jill and NEMESIS were playable in Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Chris and NEMESIS were playable in Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite. So a moveset Sorta exists (they of course have to make it different for smash
- Enemies of the game are just as iconic as the heroes we play (like remembering about the Dog in the window in the first RE game)

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Eh, you know what? Screw it. I'm going all in on Geno+Doomguy for the Game Awards against my better judgement. Also may clear out before anything real substantial leaks. No need for a potential surprise to be ruined after waiting for so long. Still, no one has debunked the Cacodemon/Mallow Mii Costume leak and no one has come forward. #TeamReal forever, boys.

Anything that you all are hoping to see win/get revealed at The Game Awards? I'd like to see Katana ZERO get some recognition and win Best Indie Game. Cadence of Hyrule winning Best Soundtrack would be sweet as well. Smash is a given as well as Three Houses.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Eh, you know what? Screw it. I'm going all in on Geno+Doomguy for the Game Awards against my better judgement. Also may clear out before anything real substantial leaks. No need for a potential surprise to be ruined after waiting for so long. Still, no one has debunked the Cacodemon/Mallow Mii Costume leak and no one has come forward. #TeamReal forever, boys.

Anything that you all are hoping to see win/get revealed at The Game Awards? I'd like to see Katana ZERO get some recognition and win Best Indie Game. Cadence of Hyrule winning Best Soundtrack would be sweet as well. Smash is a given as well as Three Houses.
Of course Smash should win at least GOTY or Fighting game. Best indie should go to Baba Is You and Fresh Indie should go to the Goose. I'm expecing Fire Emblem to win Best Strategy Game but I hope to god it's Wargroove, mostly because those kind of tactics are much better in my opinion and I wish Intelligent Systems would finally make another Advance Wars game.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

There are definitely people that disagree with this but I think SSBU deserves the GOTY win. Other than that just new unannounced things from Nintendo would be cool. Something worth turning on my Xbone would also be good. Nothing out there that has been rumored is really jumping out at me.

Last edited:

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
>Sabi: "Hey guys so Verge is wrong and the 5th fighter is actually on some list I posted some time ago"
Wow! It's ****ing nothing! Thanks!

Vergil DLC Really want DMC5 to win the GOTY title or at least in the Best Soundtrack department. Idk what else

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

Luigi’s Mansion 3 is nominated for one category and it should win because it is a masterpiece, even if it’s up against Smash lol

owjies

Smash Journeyman
With Papa's info on Jill coinciding with the RE spirits, I'm going to go ahead and lock in my prediction for #5: Amaterasu from Okami.

- Amaterasu more than fulfills the baseline goal for a fun/interesting moveset between her various weapons and celestial brush abilities
- There are four Capcom Mii Costumes remaining, so at least one additional Capcom character is likely.
- Amaterasu & Okami place well on polls, ex1. Okami placed #5 on famitsu's top 10 games between 1989–2019. ex2. Amaterasu placed 9th, with 6,728 votes, on reddit's Smash Bros. 2018 character poll. She finished just behind Phoenix Wright and just ahead of Rayman, Crash, and Spyro.
- Hideki Kamiya (Devil May Cry, Bayonetta) expressed interest in creating an Okami sequel
- If Color/Daisy theory is pointing toward a character, orange is part of Amaterasu's color palette, found in the flames emanating from her starting weapon.
- Although debuting on the PS2, Okami released on the Wii and Switch as well, while Okamiden released on the 3DS. Okami HD was on the eshop bestseller list in 2018.
- Like Persona 5, Okami was a massive critical success both within and outside of the game industry. The game awards could be the place for a reveal.

Going off of G0nard G0nard 's Nemesis idea, Amaterasu also brings a lot of double/back to back reveal potential with Geno.
- Both Amaterasu and Geno are celestial beings that descend to the mortal world to fight evil and corrupting forces.
- Geno serves a higher authority. Amaterasu is a higher authority.
- Amaterasu represents the sun while Geno represents the stars.

Overall, I believe that Amaterasu has sleeper potential and would make a great lead in to a post pass Geno reveal.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

Ay, that's the spirit, no pun intended. I too am all aboard on the Doomgeno (just gonna call it that from now on lmao) train, aaand on the Waluigi one because why not but that's besides the point. Is there a chance we'll end up wrong in this prediction? Surely, but I can handle the disappointment if that do the case. Both Doomguy and Geno have some good amount of evidence on their own right anyway, the Cacomallow leak being the most eyebrow raising one. It's one of the microscopic amount of leaks I'm actually inclined to believe, so it alone gives some credence to Doomgeno actually happening in my opinion.

As for what I'm hoping for, as long as Smash Ultimate wins at least one category, I'm good really.

Hit it, DJ! :drflip:

Last edited:

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I think some people are taking that Sabi tweet out of context, (and if you guys weren’t, then I apologize,) but:
Sabi said today that Vergeben’s list from two days ago that Vergeben themself backpedaled on (the list that said that for #5, no Nintendo rep, SE rep, Microsoft rep, no spirit or assist upgrades, etc.) most likely had the company that Fighter #5 was from, hence why Vergeben backpedaled on it. Sabi didn’t ever say Verge was lying about everything, which it seemed like some of you were thinking.

DeputyDalmatian

Smash Cadet
I myself still have a gut feeling about it being Doomguy and Geno for 5 and post pass 1. What with the Cacomallow leak not being disproved, I kind of feel like it fits. Maybe they’ll even do a double reveal. Either that or Master Hand like I mentioned a few pages back. It’s out there but I still kind of feel like he would have made for a great final addition had we not gotten more DLC. Ah well, just a few more days!

owjies

Smash Journeyman
So what you're saying is, Ami gets Geno to fetch some food for her when she's hungry?
No doubt. Geno's definitely a dog person. Plus, I don't think Geno would be against checking his ego at the door from time to time if it meant that he could fight gigantic eight-headed serpent gods and other mythical creatures.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Alrighty, I'm going to officially lock in my choices:

Despite all the controversy around Sabi I know their info is almost always legit... however the mass confusion between all the insiders regarding who Fighter 5 could be has me believing that everyone has been mislead and Nintendo has done that good of a job in hiding who Number 5 is. After all, Verg harped for months that Steve was in when it was actually Banjo. Ergo I'm throwing the deconfirmation list out the window

My picks are: Nightmare, Sora, and the Genoslayer teamup

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's speculation regarding Nightmare just makes too much sense:
It fits the Mii Costume/Power of Six Theory
He fills the need for Namco to have another star in the series
A long, respected fighting game series
A fighting game series that happens to be known for crazy crossovers
Nightmare and Link have crossed paths before in Soul Calibur 2, Sakurai would absolutely want to hype up a rematch between the two

Sora is a bit of my own bias admittedly, but the two factors that make me lean to him are:
Nomura's "Mysterious Request" he said he had to fulfill that tied into the KH series
KH: ReMIND skipping Jump Festa to seemingly go to the GA's with it being up for both Best RPG and Best Score. Though this point can easily change tomorrow if the leaked trailer shows up in the State of Play presentation

Genoslayer, but I don't think we'll be getting both at once; it's one now, and then the other later. Like everyone had said before; CacoMallow was never disproved. It was proved it could be replicated for sure, but it took time to do that; and even then it wasn't perfect due to the strict file compression Smash requires. Just like Ken leak, since no one could prove it fell to the wayside when everyone got bored of trying to pick it apart.

We're so close to the end guys

Though, I AM standing by my claim for a "WTF" Wild Card in the form of Five Night's At Freddy's being our Indie/Horror/Western rep.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
My predictions are: KOS-MOS/Waluigi or Doomguy/Geno. I don't think it will happen but it just feels right to guess these.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Oh Lord, the thought just came to me! In the case both Doomguy and Geno get revealed at the Game Awards, someone needs to make an At Doom's Gate remix with the SMRPG soundfont. Bonus points if it goes with a Doom wad that has Geno's face and gun instead of Doomguy's, lmao.

The closest thing (but not really) we have to that is this one with Mario 64 instruments:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So what is making us thing there will be two reveals, or a double reveal or whatever at the Video Game Awards, anyway?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So what is making us thing there will be two reveals, or a double reveal or whatever at the Video Game Awards, anyway?
Most likely due to E3 dropping a bombshell with Banjo and Hero at once. I think everyone is assuming that we'll get Fighter 5 and a small taste of Post-pass DLC

Though honestly I think a double-reveal is kind of pushing our luck, I think it'll be just the one

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
Can someone fill me in on the "Power of Six" Theory?

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
1) The Hero + Banjo reveal at E3
2) Mallow/Cacodemon mii hats maybe?
I really doubt we'll get two reveals at TGA. Something like this could perfectly work in Directs

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
First we had the seven squares, then the power of six. Mark my words, the next leak will be entitled the fearsome five.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I think a double reveal could be pretty likely, but I’m not totally expecting it. I mean, let’s think of the span of all of the DLC characters:
We get a new character as DLC around... every two months. Plant was in Late January/almost February, Joker was in April, Hero was in Late July/almost August, Banjo was in September, and Terry was in November. Now, #5 will most likely be coming out in January, with #6 then looking to be a March/April release. Seeing as Joker was teased four months ahead of his release, I think the same could potentially happen with the first post pass fighter.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Nothing really substantial, but it’d be pretty hype right?

Can someone fill me in on the "Power of Six" Theory?
Essentially that each character in the pass was meant to come with 6 Mii outfits but some were subtracted to package with later DLC or be made into fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom