• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
"I've come to make an announcement, Geno is coming to Smash!"

View attachment 251721

Fixed it for ya
What if we get both?

Alright, FINALLY caught up with you mad lads. :shades:

Yesterday I started writing what would be a post on why I'm feeling more inclined to believe that, despite having been deconfirmed, Crash Bandicoot might end up being DLC Fighter #5 but, changed my mind and was taking too long, + work. :facepalm: However, to put it briefly; ever since last year's Game Awards, and the return of Crash Bandicoot with the N. Sane Trilogy, and Team Racing remakes (along with estimating when N. Sane Trilogy, and Ultimate's development cycles coincided), there have been some things I've come to see as convenient coincidences.

You guys know how, in last year's TGA, Geoff had Shawn Layden, Phil Spencer, and Reggie Fils-Aimé take center stage together for the very first time (perhaps)? That was a big deal; not only for Geoff and TGA, but for the gaming industry in general. Linking this memory to other Smash Bros. related details got me thinking a bit further. Things such as, Phil Spencer way back when, when asked if he'd be ok with Banjo being added to Smash, he pretty much agreed to it. Fast forward to E3 2019, and we got Banjo in the game. He was the gift from Microsoft. However... could Nintendo receive a similar gift for Smash Bros. Ultimate, from Sony...? True that Crash is not a Sony IP (they dropped the ball hard with that choice); it's Activision's. However, Crash started as Sony's mascot to rival Nintendo's Mario back in the 90s.

Within yesterday's brainstorming, it occurred to me that both Ultimate, and N. Sane Trilogy's development cycles slightly coincided with each other, and who's to say that during that time (or around 2018), Nintendo reached out to Activision to negotiate N. Sane Trilogy's port to the Switch (and maybe Crash Team Racing as well), they also negotiated Crash Bandicoot as a DLC fighter for Smash (within the Fighters Pass)? I don't know, maybe it's just me over thinking things but, I've got a strong feeling that it could be Crash.

On another note,

This would actually be an INGENIOUS way of revealing Geno. Having actual and memorable puppets reveal another puppet/doll. Heck, what if they actually made a Geno puppet for the reveal?! :eek: That would be SICK AF!!! :2gud:
Nice to have you back buddy

I take it that part of the moon was blown up?
Exactly

HEY IS THAT GENO

GENO SIGN MY SNES CLASSIC
ME TOO

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Ahh, 2012... the year the world ended...
... I'm starting to think it actually did end that year.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I remember how hard certain people fought back against the notion that Verge has been completely full of **** since SSBU's release. Will be funny to see the backpedaling and mental gymnastics over how he's somehow still trustworthy.

Disney having rights to The Muppets and having a presence in a sense at TGAs is quite curious. And unnerving to me as I see it speaking well for Sora.

No offense to Sora fans but unless Geno mii costume doesnt show up with potential Sora, I won't be convinced Sora getting in as 5 is good for the puppet at all, my bias aside. It'd be great if both happen as I've said, def not attacking fans of Sora. I know there's plenty of good arguments to suggest one does not cancel out the other. Damn that Mii costume.
The muppets showed up last year too. I don't that that in and of itself is a big deal. But yeah this is why I genuinely don't understand why some people insist on posting in this specific thread about how much they want Sora to be the TGA reveal. Like there is no way that wouldn't be bad for Geno at this point as that is probably where a Geno mii costume would get put into if not in Hero's mii costume list. That'd be like if I kept posting about how much I think things were lining up for Master Chief in the BK support thread prior to E3.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
I don’t care or believe what leakers say or believe. I have a lot of confidence and faith that Geno will become playable, even if he doesn’t show up at TGA.

I do believe he will be character #75, or mostly #76 or #77 at last; and that he is going to be revealed at TGA. But if Geno doesn’t get revealed this 12/12, neither his Costume, his chances are still high for a 2020 reveal. But of course all of us want Geno to be revealed at TGA cause we need that calm. It would be nice to see his CGI now and wait for a January/February download; but maybe Geno will come this Thursday 12/12 with the “available later today” as a Christmas Gift.

I can dream, right?

Geno will be playable, it’s so obvious for me :).

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I remember how hard certain people fought back against the notion that Verge has been completely full of **** since SSBU's release. Will be funny to see the backpedaling and mental gymnastics over how he's somehow still trustworthy.

The muppets showed up last year too. I don't that that in and of itself is a big deal. But yeah this is why I genuinely don't understand why some people insist on posting in this specific thread about how much they want Sora to be the TGA reveal. Like there is no way that wouldn't be bad for Geno at this point as that is probably where a Geno mii costume would get put into if not in Hero's mii costume list. That'd be like if I kept posting about how much I think things were lining up for Master Chief in the BK support thread prior to E3.
Sora is owned by Disney though not Square

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I don't think Waluigi 5 unless the rumors about Jill being cut were true. Papa talked about it but it was news to me. Basically the rumor was that Jill from Resident Evil was developed in the spring but, like Heihachi, Sakurai couldn't figure out a way to make character work well in Smash and ultimately cut her. With her being cut, some people have thrown the idea that Waluigi was thrown in as a bandage of sorts due to lack of negotiations and having assists in hand. Of course, this would require a looooooot of things to be true to be plausible.

Slightly off: I heard about negotiations for Jill in the spring (february actually) not that they happened then. They could have happened a year earlier for all I know. Unsure why exactly negotiations didn't work out, could have been resident evil is too bloody/violent could have been capcom and nintendo couldnt agree on which resident evil character to rep could have been the moveset and weapons are too realistic etc... no idea but what I heard was Jill was attempted to be negotiated for but there may have been an issue and negotiations might have not worked out.

I mentioned this several times for the past few months since the person I had heard it from is pretty credible. So I was waiting to see if anything resident evil happened for smash. Id often mention Jill when predicting smash characters even though what I heard was sort of deconfirming her, I just didnt have many names of characters from credible sources to go off of. When predicting Jill I'd usually mention this odd negotiations thing that I had heard but often predicted her anyway on the off chance she actually had made it in.

With the very odd resident evil spirits we got kind of randomly, I think that piece of info was likely true. So I believe at some point they were negotiating for RE in smash but for whatever reason it was decide not to get a character and what resulted instead was "lets just add some spirits", and here we are. But this is just my guess as to what happened... Because I heard that weird piece of info and since a big series like RE did make it into smash but only as spirits, it seems likely to me that the negotiations for Jill falling through IS what happened and why we got spirits for such a big series. A series that most would assume would enter smash with a playable character and not just spirits.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Oh man, 2012, what a year. Back when school didn't bite me in the ass and when I really started getting into many long lasting interests of mine. Pokemon, Youtube, retro gaming, Smash even.

And most importantly, that's when I first became aware of Geno's existence. Sure was a great time, huh?

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Pg. 2008 has passed already but Brawl is where I got into Smash. Biggest memory from it is seeing the Ancient Minister turn into R.O.B and feeling sad for him being the last of his kind. My favorite Smash character (aside from Kirby initially) until Banjo got confirmed. Was well aware of Geno and other requests. He is not super high on my most wanted list but he is up there and you guys seriously deserve the relief after many years.

As a side note, things are going to get very tense these next few days with ads of the VGAs being shown, real leaks possibly occurring, and more.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, Vergeben was wrong all along. Good! Let's see him try to get his way out of this one! And he thought he could disconfirm those characters and get away with it!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Sora is owned by Disney though not Square
I don't buy the idea that he wouldn't be considered a SE character for the sake of Smash and wanting to represent third parties. The KH series has heavily featured FF characters in the past. If any character was going to come with the Geno and Chocobo costumes other than Geno at this point it would be Sora. Geno getting in before Sora wouldn't hurt Sora, but Sora getting in before Geno as FP5 would hurt Geno at this point. Especially if the cacomallow leak is legit. I don't inherently have an issue with the character, but pretending that his announcement wouldn't be concerning for those of us that want Geno as playable just feels silly.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Now that we have reached page 2012, I'm afraid that I will have to close this thread, in accordance with the ancient Mayan Doomsday prophecies which foretold that the world shall end on December 21st, 2012.

...Wait, the world's still around? Never mind, then.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Now that we have reached page 2012, I'm afraid that I will have to close this thread, in accordance with the ancient Mayan Doomsday prophecies which foretold that the world shall end on December 21st, 2012.

You got me good
tenor.gif

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
Slightly off: I heard about negotiations for Jill in the spring (february actually) not that they happened then. They could have happened a year earlier for all I know. Unsure why exactly negotiations didn't work out, could have been resident evil is too bloody/violent could have been capcom and nintendo couldnt agree on which resident evil character to rep could have been the moveset and weapons are too realistic etc... no idea but what I heard was Jill was attempted to be negotiated for but there may have been an issue and negotiations might have not worked out.

I mentioned this several times for the past few months since the person I had heard it from is pretty credible. So I was waiting to see if anything resident evil happened for smash. Id often mention Jill when predicting smash characters even though what I heard was sort of deconfirming her, I just didnt have many names of characters from credible sources to go off of. When predicting Jill I'd usually mention this odd negotiations thing that I had heard but often predicted her anyway on the off chance she actually had made it in.

With the very odd resident evil spirits we got kind of randomly, I think that piece of info was likely true. So I believe at some point they were negotiating for RE in smash but for whatever reason it was decide not to get a character and what resulted instead was "lets just add some spirits", and here we are. But this is just my guess as to what happened... Because I heard that weird piece of info and since a big series like RE did make it into smash but only as spirits, it seems likely to me that the negotiations for Jill falling through IS what happened and why we got spirits for such a big series. A series that most would assume would enter smash with a playable character and not just spirits.
This had been on my head for a while, and I even mentioned it in your discord PapaGeno. Ill copy and paste what I said before
-RE 3 is coming out
- we got resident evil spirits of Heroes but not the enemies
-capcom is NOT deconfirmed on the smash leaks (I think it is now can't remember)
-FP5 is gonna be nemesis (big giant zombie in the cover)
- Nemesis' iconic line is him screaming STARS
- Geno is a star warrior

My theory is in the VGAs we're getting Nemesis as FP5 and Geno will be announced in the SAME TRAILER as Nemesis

It got me thinking. What if they originally talked about Jill then someone mentioned NEMESIS. The Geno part didn't even hit me at first until I remembered that Nemesis says "STAARRSS" in Resident Evil 3

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

Actually, I think you're confusing it with a similar ancient Mayahem Temple prophecy. It states that once a Smashboards support thread reaches the end of its 2012th page, its character shall soon be met with their doom...

Which means that if we get past this page, we'll have Geno be revealed alongside Doomguy shortly after, so let's keep going!

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Actually, I think you're confusing it with a similar ancient Mayahem Temple prophecy. It states that once a Smashboards support thread reaches the end of its 2012th page, its character shall be met with their doom...

Which means that if we get past this page, we'll have Geno be revealed alongside Doomguy shortly after, so let's keep going!
We can't give up yet!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Id say Sora is SE, not disney
Dunno why people.think hes owned by Disney
From what I've heard from numerous other people, the Kingdom Hearts IP is fully owned by Disney, but they always ask Nomura for permission to use it. The games are developed by both Disney Interactive and SquareEnix, with the latter publishing.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
This had been on my head for a while, and I even mentioned it in your discord PapaGeno. Ill copy and paste what I said before
-RE 3 is coming out
-capcom is NOT deconfirmed on the smash leaks (I think it is now can't remember)
- Geno is a star warrior

My theory is in the VGAs we're getting Nemesis as FP5 and Geno will be announced in the SAME TRAILER as Nemesis

It got me thinking. What if they originally talked about Jill then someone mentioned NEMESIS. The Geno part didn't even hit me at first until I remembered that Nemesis says "STAARRSS" in Resident Evil 3
GodDAMN that would be awesome... although I find it unlikely since Nemesis would have to come with spirits and we already have four of tem in the game already. I feel if they we're planning for an RE character, they wouldn't have released those spirits.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
He is owned by Disney though. Note the copyrights in this video:

He is owned be Disney but he's so closely associated with SE that there's a very high likelihood that if he did hypothetically happen to be FP5 that he'd come with the Geno and Chocobo costumes. Any SE related character coming before Geno wouldn't be good for his chances.

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
GodDAMN that would be awesome... although I find it unlikely since Nemesis would have to come with spirits and we already have four of tem in the game already. I feel if they we're planning for an RE character, they wouldn't have released those spirits.
You think so but I think the heroes spirits DIDN'T FIT WITH THE THEME. All spirits we get with Nemesis (if he does get in) Would be enemies. Like Zombies, Hunters, Lickers, Tyrant

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Id say Sora is SE, not disney
Dunno why people.think hes owned by Disney
Sora IS owned by Disney. The agreement is that Disney has all rights to Sora as a character, but out of respect and professional courtesy they go to Nomura if they ever want to use him in anything.

HMK, a prominent YouTuber in the KH scene managed to sit down with a Disney excutive and found all this out, they also said that they're aware people want Sora in Smash and that they're down to play ball if Nintendo comes to them for it

Because he IS owned by Disney. Yes, he's only showed up in Square Enix games, but Disney still owns him at the end of the day.

Whoops, double ninja'd there

Actually he HAS appeared outside of SE games, just mobile ones: Disney Tsum Tsum which had Sora, Riku, and King Mickey, and Disney Emoji Blitz, which featured Sora and Aqua

1575945265405.png

1575945362238.png

dolke

Smash Cadet
A game awards reveal undoubtedly has to be waluigi or a huge third party. I'm thinking Doomguy, but there are definitely other possibilities.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
from what I see, thats saying KH is owned by Disney and everything else is owned by SE

but hey, Im probably talking out my butt
Again, as stated before, someone has sat down with Square Enix's vice president who confirmed that, from a purely legal standpoint, Sora belongs to Disney. They always consult Nomura before doing anything with him, since they do consider him Nomura's baby and don't want to do anything he's not comfortable with, but regardless, legally, Sora IS property of Disney.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Ahh, 2012... the year the world ended...
... I'm starting to think it actually did end that year.
It almost feels like a decent chunk of the population just kinda snapped after the world didnt go kablooey (lol), or maybe its just my rose tinted glasses painting the years long passed in better light. Whatever it was I miss those days tbh.
Actually, I think you're confusing it with a similar ancient Mayahem Temple prophecy. It states that once a Smashboards support thread reaches the end of its 2012th page, its character shall soon be met with their doom...

I like the way youre thinking

D

Deleted member

"Eggman has announced that all of the Grinch Leak characters are now in Smash DLC"

GENO GRANTS YOUR WISH!

CHORUS KIDS SING ALONG!

MACH RIDER RIDES INTO THE SCENE!

ISAAC LETS OUT A HOWL!

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG IS A ***** ASS ************ HE PISSED ON MY ****ING WIFE. THAT'S RIGHT, HE TOOK HIS HEDGEHOG ****ING QUILL-Y **** OUT AND HE PISSED ON MY ****ING WIFE AND HE SAID HIS **** WAS THIS BIG AND I SAID "THAT'S DISGUSTING." SO I'M MAKING A CALL-OUT POST ON MY TWITTER DOT COM. SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG YOU GOT A SMALL ****, IT'S THE SIZE OF THIS WALNUT EXCEPT WAY SMALLER, AND GUESS WHAT? HERE'S WHAT MY DONG LOOKS LIKE. THAT'S RIGHT BABY, ALL POINTS, NO QUILLS, NO PILLOWS, LOOK AT THAT IT LOOKS LIKE TWO BALLS AND A BONG! HE ****ED MY WIFE, SO GUESS WHAT? I'M GONNA **** THE EARTH! THAT'S RIGHT, THIS IS WHAT YOU GET! MY SUPER LASER PISS! EXCEPT I'M NOT GONNA PISS ON THE EARTH. I'M GONNA GO HIGHER. I'M PISSING ON THE MOON! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT OBAMA? I PISSED ON THE MOON YOU IDIOT! YOU HAVE 23 HOURS UNTIL THE PISS DROPLETS HIT THE ****ING EARTH, NOW GET OUT OF MY ****ING SIGHT BEFORE I PISS ON YOU TOO.

........Oh and KOS-MOS is just a Mii Costume

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
-RE 3 is coming out
- Geno is a star warrior

While I do like the STARS connection, I feel like if any RE character was coming they’d have saved the character spirits for that character’s board. I COULD see Nemesis being added as a boss if they every decided to add more though (and man I wish they do), I feel like you can tone down his grossness without making him unrecognizable pretty easily

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
"Eggman has announced that all of the Grinch Leak characters are now in Smash DLC"

GENO GRANTS YOUR WISH!

CHORUS KIDS SING ALONG!

MACH RIDER RIDES INTO THE SCENE!

ISAAC LETS OUT A HOWL!

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG IS A ***** ASS ************ HE PISSED ON MY ****ING WIFE. THAT'S RIGHT, HE TOOK HIS HEDGEHOG ****ING QUILL-Y **** OUT AND HE PISSED ON MY ****ING WIFE AND HE SAID HIS **** WAS THIS BIG AND I SAID "THAT'S DISGUSTING." SO I'M MAKING A CALL-OUT POST ON MY TWITTER DOT COM. SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG YOU GOT A SMALL ****, IT'S THE SIZE OF THIS WALNUT EXCEPT WAY SMALLER, AND GUESS WHAT? HERE'S WHAT MY DONG LOOKS LIKE. THAT'S RIGHT BABY, ALL POINTS, NO QUILLS, NO PILLOWS, LOOK AT THAT IT LOOKS LIKE TWO BALLS AND A BONG! HE ****ED MY WIFE, SO GUESS WHAT? I'M GONNA **** THE EARTH! THAT'S RIGHT, THIS IS WHAT YOU GET! MY SUPER LASER PISS! EXCEPT I'M NOT GONNA PISS ON THE EARTH. I'M GONNA GO HIGHER. I'M PISSING ON THE MOON! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT OBAMA? I PISSED ON THE MOON YOU IDIOT! YOU HAVE 23 HOURS UNTIL THE PISS DROPLETS HIT THE ****ING EARTH, NOW GET OUT OF MY ****ING SIGHT BEFORE I PISS ON YOU TOO.

........Oh and KOS-MOS is just a Mii Costume
I lost my **** when you started with the whole "Shadow's a bi-" thing, jokes aside that would be a nice timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom